Let's Go to the Movies

Prodan allowed her to touch his face. Normally, he would have flinched back, or jumped, or flinched. But he was perfectly comfortable. The realization made him all fuzzy feeling inside, like a teenager. Overcome by this, he quickly wrapped Cecily into a gentle hug. Prodan smiled and said, "Thanks. And sorry about this hug. It'll end soon." Prodan would release her in a few moments. Though he had to admit, he liked to hug people, even if it was a friendly hug.

Perched upon the railing brought Cecily to roughly his height, give or take a few inches. She sighed and let her arms go around him. She inhaled the clean, warm smell of him and snuggled close. All her life she'd been a very touchy feely person. Throughout her marriage, it had slowly dwindled, as Bearse had a possesive and mean streak. It felt good to be held by Prodan's big arms. She murmured low, eyes closed, face turning into the crook of his neck. "No hurry."

Prodan pulled away only slightly. He grinned at her, almost in an affectionate way that made his stormy eyes tinkle with glee. Without a warning, he gently pecked her on the cheek and said, "I'm glad you are like me, and not afraid of hugs and stuff." Prodan smiled again, and continued to stare at her green eyes. He confessed softly, "Your eyes are really pretty."

Lips warm upon her cheek brought a flush to her skin. Her lips parted, lashes fluttered upward, green eyes met silver. His were like rainclouds after a storm. Eyes flicked down to rest upon his lips then slowly met his again. Time seemed to stop, her breath held near painfully in her chest.

Prodan leaned down at lightly kissed Cecily. He was always cautious about things such as that, and he slowly pulled away, and he blushed even more. Prodan put on a gentle smile, and murmured, "If you didn't want that, then I'm very sorry." Though his face was mere inches from hers, and he continued to smile. He did not release her from his arms either, but his grip was very loose.

Cecily's eyes closed. She breathed him in, felt his lips against hers. One hand on his shoulder, the other slid up the back of his neck and into his hair. When he withdrew, she knew then that she didn't want the moment to end. And neither, she thought with a small smile, did he. "Don't be sorry," she murmured, leaned forward and kissed him.

Prodan could have sworn his heart was doing flip flops when she kissed him this time. His hand traveled to the nape of her back, and the other cupped her soft cheek, as he deepened the kiss slightly. Prodan was being cautious, afraid of rejection. Prodan did not pull away, either. His eyes were closed, and a smile was upon his heart. Everything sad in the world was very much gone from his mind. This moment should never end, that was what his heart was saying.

Cecily had only kissed two others in her lifetime. She could safely say that this blew previous kisses out of the water. Fingers held a fine tremor as they threaded through his hair, warmth from his hand on her cheek, her lips trembled under the sweet pressure of his and tremulously parted to deepen the kiss. Melting. The world was melting away upon the pond beneath them. Cares, worries, sorrows rolled into one to puddle at her feet. Right here, right now, she was exactly where she wanted to be.

Prodan felt such strong passion. Sure, he kissed Dorothee many a times, but most of them were rushed. This one was fantastic. He loved every second of it. Prodan gently pulled away, and caressed her cheek. It left him breathless. Prodan murmured, "Wow." It was all he could say! She was amazing! Prodan grinned, "Would you like to go elsewhere?" Prodan leaned to kiss her upon the forehead, and never wanted the day to end.

Unsteady, shaky, breathless, Cecily was all of these things. She'd never known a kiss could affect her this way. Eyes the color of moss, slightly dazed, met his. Forcing her brain to function, she held onto him. "Where?"

Prodan thought for a moment, wondering about the options. He was thankful that he had ran into her, or rather the pole. Prodan wondered where they could go. He murmured, "Perhaps we ought to take a walk in the park, as the sun sets." He glanced out at the sky, but could not look at it long, for he could hardly take his eyes off Cecily. It wasn't long before his stormy eyes were back upon the green.

Unable to help herself, Cecily planted a soft kiss upon his lips. "I think," she brushed them again,"that sounds like," another soft touch,"a good idea." Laughing she launched herself from the railing and held onto him tight, arms around his neck, feet dangling for a moment as she kissed him. She couldn't help herself, didn't want to stop contact and if he'd let her, she never would. Then she let go and her feet touched the wooden planks once more. Although she could have been walking on clouds for all she cared.

Putting her smaller hand into his and entwining their fingers, she started forward with him. The brilliance of the orange sun as it set was stunning, absolutely stunning. If she still painted, she would try to capture it from memory. Her paints should still be in the greenhouses somewhere, unless Kalif disposed of them. Perhaps she'd take them out and dust off the piano in her quarters. She hadn't played in years.

"Prodan? Do you play any instruments?"

Prodan laughed with her, and held her for a moment, kissing her back with a smile. Walking, his hand in hers, warm to the touch, he glanced over at the sunset. He could not have asked for a better day. Never had he ever thought that she would like him, in the way that he did her. The sunset reflected the way he pictured the day. Just gorgeous, and he never wanted to miss a second of it. It was not often a man would just stare out in the sunset, and normally, he did not. But today, he took an extra note of it.

Prodan glanced down at her and thought for a moment. The last time he played an instrument, it was when he was a decent player at the violin but he also had an accident with the instrument when he forgot the medication when he was really bad. The bow was shot across the room, and landed into a wall. Prodan was a little rusty on how that happened, but it did. He answered, "Um, I was decent at playing the violin. Why do you ask?"

She held his hand in both of hers and absently played with his fingers. "I can see that. You have long fingers, perfect for string," she murmured. "The sunset is so beautiful. It brought back memories of afternoon practices with my mother. The piano," she said, before he could ask. "I haven't touched it in years, not since-," she trailed off and could have bitten her tongue. Not wanting to ruin their time with such bitter nonsense, Cecily simply shrugged with an apologetic grin and said no more.

Prodan chuckled, "Thanks, I suppose. Maybe I ought to go out and buy a new violin sometime. And get better with it." Prodan glanced again at the sunset, and smiled to himself. He glanced down at her in awe and exclaimed, "You played the piano? Wow, that is amazing. All I could play on that is Mary had a Little Lamb." Prodan narrowed his eyes slightly, and said nothing about her trailing off. Probably something he shouldn't get into. He inquired, "Are you going to play it again sometime soon?"

Cecily shook off bad memories and laughed lightly, swinging their hands between them a bit as they walked. "Sure, I might. Then you with your violin and I with my keyboard can play in the Village for sickles. I might be able to get one of the kids to hold a hat for tips." The thought tickled her and she laughed a bit longer, looking up at him. The orange sun, rapidly fading on the horizon, cast its last rays and illuminated her blonde hair until it looked like it was on fire from the red hue.

Prodan laughed, and added, "Have a few students dance. I know that someone in the family is an excellent dancer. I forgot who though." It was either Aleyha or Hadan. Maybe both? Prodan wondered this, and shrugged it off. Prodan pictured it, and he laughed once more. Prodan glanced down at their hands, and he blushed slightly. The sun made Cecily look wild, and Prodan stared for a moment, and he bit his lip. He chuckled, "So, the day turned out better, did it not." He gave her a tiny, gentle nudge of his shoulder, playing.

Cecily laughed with him. She enjoyed his laughter, it was so rich and full. If she could keep him smiling, keep him laughing, anything to ease the ache of the past months for him, she would. The intense way he looked at her sent flutters to her stomach, her breath caught and she couldn't help but be caught by his stormy eyes. How had it gone from a simple friendship to something more so quickly?

The sun played shadows on his sculpted face. In the fading light, he was even more devastatingly handsome, if that were even possible. She thought of their time together and nodded, grinning and holding his hand tighter so as not to stumble a step. "Better than I could ever have imagined. You know something Prodan? You're a bit of alright," she teased in her clipped british accent. "I just might have to keep you."

Prodan brought his hand that was holding hers to his lips, lightly kissing her hand. Who would have thought that he was convincing himself that they could never be more than friends to this? Prodan loved it. He was wrong about a lot of things, and he was definitely wrong about that. But this was for the better, so if it continued like this, then he would love to be wrong all the time!

A laugh escaped him again, and he noted, "I try to all right." He winked at her. He smiled at her, and said, "You know what? I might just have to keep you too." Prodan grinned. Kalif might not be too thrilled about it. Then again, Prodan wasn't worried about anything. After all, he was his own person, had his own life. And he could choose to have anyone in it if he wanted to!

Joy. It filled her heart, her mind, her very soul. If she could walk on air, now would surely be the time as his lips brushed her hand, his eyes spoke secrets to hers. Heart light and carefree, knowing he responded well to her silliness, she pulled her hand away and launched herself on his back. Giggling, wrapped around him piggy back style, she nuzzled his ear. "I like you." She said simply. "You're so much fun," she laughed, giving him a squeeze. "I feel I can be myself with you." It was silly, it was crazy but she was being truthful, today had been exhilirating and very carefree.

Prodan made sure that his back held, thankfully he had a good one or else his face would meet the ground for the hundredth time. Prodan smirked at her, and started walking deeper into the park. "You are so much fun too. Reason why I like you as well." Prodan whispered, "I wouldn't want you to be anyone other than yourself around me." He gave her a playful smirk.

Woods closed around them and by now the stars were out in the sky. Cecily held on and was silent, body warmed by his as the breeze turned a little cool. She pressed a smiling kiss against the side of his neck. "Tell me more about you, Prodan." She wanted to know more. Not more than he was willing to divulge, but whatever pieces to the puzzle that made him whole. "Do you miss your children while they're at my school?"

Prodan glanced back at her as far as he possibly could, and said sweetly, "Well, other than what I have told you... I am very lovable and affectionate. I love to go swimming at night. With trunks on, mind you." Prodan laughed softly. And he answered her last question, "Oh yes, terribly. Little Aleyha and my booksmart Austin. I almost dread that they have to go to school. But then again, at least I know they are in excellent hands." He winked at her.

She kissed his cheek, the very slight rasp of stubble tickling her lips. "Yes, you are." Cecily held on, never once fearing she would fall. Luckily she didn't weigh that much and he was so much taller than she. "I haven't been swimming in ages," she said a tad wistfully. Last time she had dipped her feet in the lake, she'd barely relaxed her muscles when an owl found her. Then it'd been work as usual.

"I'd hope so!" She laughed. "Thankfully we have so many events and keep them all busy. Else they'd cry mutiny," she giggled. "It must be hard, having them gone so much out of the year."

Prodan replied, "Perhaps you should sometime. I think Austin went swimming with that Miss Hale girl back in their first year in Hogwarts in that lake. But if you did go swimming there, I wouldn't be able to join you." Prodan laughed a bit, and held back the next comment he was about to say. It was be totally disturbing. Prodan grinned, "Good, because I would get letters up to my knees because of my kids crying out that they are bored." He thought for a moment and nodded, "From time to time, yes. Though sometimes I watch Kailie, my niece, throughout the week, and she is a bundle of trouble."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back