OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Residents and tourists alike in the bustling town wrinkled foreheads or just look plain confused at the crack of thunder. It was a lovely summer day, not a raincloud in sight. As muggles were prone to do, they shrugged their shoulders and went back to whatever it was muggles did at that time of day.

In the side alley, darkened by the towering buildings on either side, a man and a woman appeared. The blonde held on to him to steady herself for a moment with a hushed, tinkling laugh. Green eyes met silver, hers crinkled slightly at the corners with a grin as she raised on her toes a bit. Jokingly she lightly ruffled his hair. "Looks like you're all there Ace." Prodan Zhefarovich was a tall one, towering over a head to Cecily Rambolt.

Prodan laughed, "I'm glad that I am!" His feet were steady on the ground, but his stomach did not enjoy the trip very much. Seems like he would not be getting any popcorn - as a treat for himself - without butter this time out. Of course Cecily could have as much as she desired. Prodan was treating and unlike some other jerks, he did not expect payment in return. Just a smile and a few laughs would satisfy this man.

Prodan glanced around, and grinned, "I think we are good to go." He was too shy to reach for a hand, but he knew that she would follow him out of the alley. He glanced from one side to the other, and beamed, "You pick a movie, Cecily. I like them all." Prodan gave her a playful wink.

Cecily laughed with him and followed beside him to the front of the movie theatre. Her pulse quickened. Glancing at him sideways, she nodded and looked up at the marquee. His solicitous manner beckoned to her; it was thoughtful to offer her the choice. Wiping suddenly damp palms on her jean shorts then plunking hands on her hips, she shifted to a foot. It was a saucy pose, one she unintentionally made whenever faced with a choice.

Unpainted fingertip tapped against her glossed lips for a moment. Her nose wrinkled at most of the selection. Chick flick? Fat chance. Romantic comedy? Ick. Hmm, mystery, science fiction, animated kids movie. None of them suited her at the moment. All was lost until green eyes widened slightly and she became excited. "That one!" She grinned and turned toward Prodan, hands shoved in the back pockets of her jeans, head tilted back to look up at Prodan.

"Unless you're the squeamish sort." The movie she'd picked was a remake of a horror classic. As the original had been made over two decades ago, it should prove to be disturbing, violent and best of all, gory.

Prodan thought for a moment, and grinned, "Sounds good to me. I like horror movies." He preferred to not watch the others. More of a horror movie guy. Must be that violent Zhefarovich blood coursing through his veins. But unlike some of his siblings, he rarely acted upon it. Now. Prodan chuckled, "Nah, I hardly ever get squeamish at movies like that, so..." Prodan faded off, and he said, "I'll get the tickets."

Prodan approached the ticket counter, and bought two tickets for the two of them. Smiling, he returned to Cecily's side, and held them up for her to see. "We are all set. The movie starts in like, twenty minutes. Want to get something to munch on or sip while inside? I wouldn't mind a water myself. I am buying too." He smirked at her. No matter if she rejected it, Prodan would still pay. He was that sort of guy, and nothing could really change about it.

Prodan with one hand extended for her to take the ticket out of, and motioned his arm to the door, "Shall we?"

Cecily accepted the ticket, enjoying the slight grin on his face. It bordered on arrogant, tempered by the genuined humour in his silver eyes. "Thank you Prodan," she grinned, her fingers brushing his as the tickets exhanged hands. Charmed by his manner, she went inside the theatre with him. Not one to be shy, she smiled up at him. "I'd love popcorn and a soda. Haven't had a fountain soda in ages." She couldn't wait to feel the tickly bubbles sting her nose.

"When was the last time you went to a movie?" She cocked her head slightly to the side and regarded him with a small, secret smile on her face.

Prodan smiled, and remembered her order. He spoke to the worker, "An order of popcorn, a soda, and a water." With that the worker went on to prepare the order, and Prodan gave a grin to Cecily. He had to think for a moment once more, before answering, "Um, it's been a few years. The last movie I watched was a thriller." Prodan smiled once more, and picking up his water, the soda and popcorn. Prodan motioned with his head to the direction of their movie theater.

"I think it is this way," he started to walk, knowing full well that Cecily would follow close with him. "Let's sit somewhere close to the back, so that we don't get huge headaches from staring too closely at the screen."

Cecily followed by him, glancing around at her surroundings. The theatre wasn't a big one but it was clean, the floors weren't sticky, and it smelled of popcorn. She sat down in the back where he'd wanted. The seats were comfy and she wiggled in her seat, tested the bounce. It was perfect. Turning to him as he took his seat, she propped her elbow on the arm rest and regarded him. Plucking a piece of popcorn, her lips twitched. "You know, a girl could get used to this kind of treatment."

Prodan laughed softly when he watched Cecily bounced a bit in her seat. It brought him some amusement, and put his water into a cup holder. He folded his leg across the other, in the opposite direction of Cecily. His arms rested comfortably across his chest. He chuckled, "A girl deserves the treatment, and you do." Prodan turned his head back to the movie, and took a sip of his water. All while the movie was playing, his thoughts ran rapid.

Prodan, she only likes you as a friend. That is it, so get over it! Are you sure you are even ready? She could hurt you as much as Dorothee did. Are you ready for yet another heartbreak?

Cecily grinned and sat back, pink tinging her cheeks. Credits rolled, music began, the theatre darkened. For a few moments here and there she was able to lose herself within the movie but soon found her mind wandering to the man sitting beside her. In the dark, she was able to be honest with herself. She liked him. More than as a friend, more than she should. It hadn't been that long since they'd met and she very well knew he was getting over a painful divorce.

At that moment, it really didn't matter. She enjoyed the way he treated her tonight; his strength of character as a wizard, as a man, shone through. She glanced at his profile while munching through some of the popcorn. Her heart thudded in a stronger, faster beat. Right now, she knew it was improbable he'd even want to--stop it. She pulled the brakes on that thought. Who knew what she had even been about to think?

Turning her face toward the screen, she was instantly confronted with a cleverly designed moment in the film to make the crowd jump. Normally it wouldn't phase her, when she knew it was coming, but unfortunately she didn't. It got her good. She jumped and grabbed onto Prodan's arm, hiding her face against his shoulder.

Prodan stared at the film, the supposedly scary parts made him chuckle in his throat. The movie was intense, and yet, those thoughts kept repeating themselves. Over and over and over. It was unnerving, to where he wanted to distance himself already. However, Prodan didn't want to. He wanted to stay right where he was. He liked Cecily. Didn't even know her long, wasn't divorced for a year yet.

Prodan jumped very lightly when Cecily grabbed his arm suddently, and hid her face in his shoulder. It wasn't because of the movie, but more or less the unexpected contact. Prodan glance down at her, and smiled reassuringly. He lightly placed his lips upon her head, and stroked her hair with his other hand that was not being grabbed by her. He grinned, "It's okay. It's all just a movie." Prodan continued to stroke her hair, until his hand rested gently upon her shoulder. For such a large man, he had such gentle hands.

Contact. Comforting yet at the same time set her nerves on end. Lips upon her head, big hand gentle on her hair. She turned into it, darkness covering any self consciousness. Comforting, unsettling. She didn't know which to turn to. Finally his hand settled on her shoulder. Moments passed by while the movie drew to it's conclusion. She stared straight ahead, aware of him beside her, aware of his hand, aware of his closeness.

The credits rolled, the lights came on. Cecily let her eyes adjust to the light then turned soft green eyes up to Prodan. "That was unexpectedly intense," she tried to joke, but it ended flat.

Prodan blinked several time to get used to the light. His hand went to his water to take a sip, leaving Cecily to her own. He stared at the ground for a moment, and turned to stare at her, and he nodded, "Yeah, I suppose." He didn't have much to say. He was pretty much zoned out of the movie except when it came to the gory parts. That was when he paid the most attention. Prodan ran his fingers through his hair, before standing up and grinning crookedly down at Cecily.

He inquired curiously, "Are you still up for that walk, or should we part our way for another time?" Prodan honestly did not wish to leave Cecily, but would do so if she wished.

Cecily stood and took the last sip of her soda, stopping before it sucked empty. Standing she tossed it into the waste bin not far from them, noticing the small crowd leaving before them. "I'd like that walk." She wasn't ready to go back yet. She walked with him until they were outside and let the fresh air run over her. It was a little cooler out, making it bearable and actually enjoyable out. Soon it would be dark. Near the theatre was a park with a covered bridge over a pond they could walk across.

"Could we go there?"

Prodan finished off his water, and tossing it into a trash bin on the way out. He stayed at Cecily's side, as they exited the movies. He glanced around. It would be night soon. He turned his head in the direction that Cecily wanted to go. Prodan stared at the scenery and thought that it was quite beautiful. Prodan said, "Sure, it looks pretty enough to. My favorite walks are out in the dead of night, on the beach in the summer." Shame summer was ending though. Prodan started to walk toward the park, and he said, "I enjoyed my day today. Have you?"

Cecily smiled and rubbed the back of her neck with her hand. She lifted her hair and let the breeze hit her skin before letting it fall like a curtain down her back. "I'd have to give it an Exceeds Expectations," she joked, lips twitching. "Although I'm a little rusty it seems when it comes to the horror genre." She deserved it for teasing him about being squeamish. The grass beneath her feet was lush and therefore thick and springy.

She playfully nudged her shoulder into his upper arm, the contact light. "How about you? Not a total waste of your evening?"

Prodan moved his shaggy hair out of his eyes, as the brunette continued to walk. He laughed, and inquired, his tone light and warm, "That's good, right?" Prodan chuckled, and he remembered some of the more gory scenes. Prodan bit his lip and shrugged lightly. "Well, you didn't scream like some did. Your reaction to the movie was calmer than I expected to be honest. I half expected you to scream in some of those scenes." He smirked mischievously. He was teasing, and it was a little obvious. Prodan nodded, and answered, "No, it wasn't a total waste of an evening. It was more enjoyable than I thought it would be."

Laughter bubbled from her throat, erupting in rich tones. Green eyes brimmed and sparkled with mirth. "I would never scream at a movie," she mock scoffed. "It caught me at the wrong time. If I hadn't been thinking about-," she trailed off, stopping herself before she gave the game away. She cleared her throat.

"So, Prodan, man of mystery, tell me about yourself. Where did you grow up?" She was curious about his childhood and wanted to hopefully smooth over what she'd been about to say.

His eyes stared at her in amusement. Thinking about something? Probably her students, assumed Prodan in his mind. Prodan chuckled, "Now I am hoping to find a scary enough movie to make you scream. My new life goal." He smirked, though the search would more than likely end with failure. Though he might be able to find something... Prodan thought for a moment, and said, "Um, I grew up in Varna, Bulgaria. For a while, it was just me and my twin sister Iulia during childhood, while Kalif was attending Durmstrang."

Truth was, Prodan didn't have a Hallmark childhood. Back then, Asparuh had a terrible temper, more so than now and was prone to violence. Prodan scratched his head and said, "Then we went to Durmstrang. I was a fair bit of a trouble maker, while Iulia was just a quiet girl. That's pretty much about it. Grew up, had Austin and Aleyha, homeschooled Alessine - she was Kalif's oldest daughter, and came here." Sure, his life was far more complicated in the past, but he was glad that things had gotten so much simpler now.

Prodan inquired, "Is that all you want to know or can I ask questions about you now?"

She chuckled, pressed a hand to her heart. "Oh heavens, I'm not sure this old heart could take that. But I'm up for the challenge." She walked silently beside him, hooked her thumbs in her jeans pockets. It wasn't hard to read between the lines. His father and his uncle hadn't seemed the 'cuddle and read bedtime stories' type. As far removed from her father as she could imagine really.

She glanced up at him. "For now," she answered honestly. "Go ahead, fire away."

Prodan smirked, "As am I for hunting down millions of movies." Prodan thought for a moment, and wondered what to ask. Questions flooded his mind, and he wondered. He smiled and inquired, "So, how was your childhood? And how did you come to be a Headmistress of a great school?"

Wooden planks creeked softly beneath her feet, clad in bright pink flip flops. The bridge was narrower than she'd originally thought. Its paint was flecking and peeling back. She slowed her pace at the middle and slowed to a stop, turned to wrap her hands around the railing and look down into the water. The pond was clear with ripples from the wind and fat fish swimming through it.

"My childhood was good. Grew up in England. My mother taught me a love for plants. She has the most wonderful sense of humour." Turning to face him, she casually grabbed the support beam and in seconds she was seated on the wide railing. Fingers again wrapped over the edge of the railing, she continued. "My father was a fisherman, I grew up on boats and around a lot of different characters." Her laughter had a touch of the ribald. "Went to school in Scotland, married young, got a job teaching here, got divorced." She shrugged. "I sort of fell into the position honestly. I don't think they would have chosen someone of my age to run the school. I was appointed co-Deputy Headmistress, shared the post for a while, until the Headmistress left. Then one day, it was just me running the school, with a temporary ministry person filling in as backup. The rest is history," she grinned.

Prodan glanced at the bridge, and felt the random urge to paint it. He listened to her childhood, and smiled to himself. It sounded like she had an excellent childhood, and was glad that she didn't have to go through hell like he did. "You are running it very well, it exceeds my expectations." He gave her a wink, and stared over the railing. His hands went to hold the railing, when one of his hands landed on Cecily's. Blushing like mad, he quickly retreated and murmured, "Sorry." His stormy eyes were on the water, and he grinned to himself.

Prodan inquired softly, stumped on any other questions, "What is your middle name?" He gave her a sheepish smile.

"Thanks," she murmured, hand still warm from the contact from his. She loved the way he could blush. It wasn't something she'd seen in a man in a long time. Slow grin built across her face, her eyes skimmed over his strong profile. She was having a good time and it felt good to have someone interested in her. Especially if that someone were Prodan.

Tempted to say something ridiculous, she shook it off. "Analise," she answered truthfully. "What's yours?"

Prodan grinned, "I like that name. Analise." Prodan chuckled, and he bit his lip at the question of his own last name. It wasn't anything pretty to him, actually. His mother, Tsvetanka, named him actually. Prodan sighed and answered, "Vassil. It was my mother's choice. I think that was her father's name. I'm not too sure on that though."

Charmed by his hesitation, Cecily reached out and lightly touched her hand to his cheek. Pretending to study his face with a mock serious expression, her eyes clearly brimming with mirth, she said, "I like it. Vassil. It's a strong name. Suits you." Her fingers trailed over his jaw before they dropped to the railing once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back