Keeping in shape

Kiera frowned not really believing that his ankle was alright. Boys...have to act all tough... she thought as she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "If you say so." she said before laughing. "I try hard at everything. Just my competitive spirit." she teased him. Kiera relaxed into a comfortable silence for a few moments. She smiled as Alex talked about the holiday. Excitement lit up Kiera's face. "Oh me too! You can meet all my family and my friend, Arielle, she competes with me. Oooh and you can watch me compete for real instead of just playing around. I am so going to win." she told him confidently.

Alex's smile was genuine this time. his plan had worked. Instead of thinking about falls, she was actually properly excited. He gave her a hug. 'Great. I'm sure you are. Beat all those tosers out,' he replied, joking at the end of course. He smiled. 'And it'll actually be summer. No winter whatsoever this year,' he added, laughing. Well, like they said, the Brits loved their weather convos.

Kiera smiled warmly as Alex gave her a hug. She loved being close to him whenever the opportunity presented itself. Kiera appreciated the support of her boyfriend. She would be less nervous with him around. A true, grin broke across Kiera's face as he mentioned the weather. She hated the cold more than anything. "I love summer. No useless cold and having to bundle up in millions of layers." she said fondly of the summertime.

He laughed. 'Well, no more snowball fights or snow pies or ice skating or even curling,' he replied, sighing. Before laughing. 'I'm joking, though we could always do that next year. Ice skating then fire whisky. Hot stuff,' he replied, sticking his tongue out at her. 'I don't know why you don't like the winter. I luv it so much,' he replied, fondly of the wintertime.

Kiera grimaced as he spoke of all the things you could do in the winter time. Kiera had not been a good ice skater the first time she had tried it. Caysi had let her fall straight on her back. Kiera frowned as he said the last one. "What is curling?" she asked, confused. Kiera laughed as he teased her. "I never had to deal with real winter until I came here. It got mildly cold in Georgia but hardly ever below freezing. And then in California it rarely even gets below 50 degrees." she informed him. "Winter just isn't my thing. I don't like to become an ice cube everytime I want fresh air." she teased back.

Alex laughed. Well, it's this 5kg weight stone where you run on the ice and try push it into these circles on the ice with a broom. Very simple game, honestly,' he answered before whistling. 'Really? Wow, you ain't been to Scotland in winter. -15degrees. And that's in the day time,' he told her before smiling. 'I'm sure you';ll be just as nice in the ice cube. Might be a bit quiet I must admit though,' he joked with her, kissing her on the nose affectionately.

Kiera considered the game that Alex explained. He said it was simple but she disagree. "Its only simple if you can actually ice skate silly." she said pointing out an obvious fact in his explanation of the game. "I don't think it would be so simple for me." she said laughing. Kiera's eyes widened as he told her how cold it was in Scotland. She did not think she would enjoy that one bit but she didn't tell him so. "I've never been to Scotland, winter or summer." she said, smiling. "But with those temperatures I might not want to." she teased him. Kiera crinkled her nose as he kissed her. She enjoyed his affections. "If I was an ice cube, I think I would be too cold to do anything but shiver." she said with another laugh.

'But that's it. You're just walking onto the ice, no skates whatsoever,' he pointed out to her before shrugging.
'Well, you have actually. Nessie bring any memories up?' he asked , remembering the Kelpies lesson in CoM. Fun times...
He chuckled a bit as she said she'd do nothing but shiver. 'So... We could always take video and make it a tutorial on how to shiver,' he joked with her.

Kiera laughed. "Walking on ice sounds like a bad idea." she said, thinking of how easy it would be to fall. Kiera frowned as he said she had been to Scottland. "Oh yeah. I forgot about the Kelpies lesson. But that still wasn't a real trip. We weren't there for long." she told him with a smile. Kiera hit Alex's arm playfully as he joked around with her. "No thank you." she said laughing.

Alex laughed. 'Still counts though.' he pointed out before smiling at her. 'Aww, shame. I'm sure people would of loved to see that,' he joked back, rubbing his arm playfullly. It hadn't hurt him, he just felt like portraying that image.
He looked back at the fire, sighing. It was really quite a chilly morning for a change and they had been the numpty who went for a swim in freezing water. If someone else saw them, they'd think they were 4th years, not 6th years.

Kiera laughed. "Alright fine it counts." she agreed with him. Kiera shook her head. "Its a shame they wont get the chance to see it." she joked back. Kiera would never willingly subject herself to cold temperatures. Kiera laughed as he pretended like it hurt when she hit him. She just rolled her eyes. She knew perfectly well it didn't hurt him a bit. The weather was chilly, and Kiera shivered. She pulled out her wand and waved it over herself. Then again over Alex. She preformed the Drought charm which dried up all the water. Kiera put her wand away and shrugged at Alex. "No point in sitting her in wet clothes." she told him with a smile.

Alex smiled. He was quite content sitting here with the fire crackling softly. He had always wondered why there was a fire but maybe it was there to calm them down slightly. He would have to remember to light it for people more often nowadays. He looked back over at Kiera only to find her wand pointing at her. Normally, he would of backed away but ever since he had perfected the silent incantation, he didn't mind much.
He laughed as she performed the draught charm on him. 'Too true,' he replied, running his hand through his hair. He wondered what she was thinking right now to be honest but he didn't bother too much.

Kiera looked into the fire. It was nice and warm. It reminded Kiera of home. When she was little and they lived in Georgia, her father used to take them camping on Red Top Mountain. It had been a fun experience that Kiera wished they still did. Kiera looked back at Alex. She couldn't help but wonder what he would think of her family. Hopefully, her brother wouldn't be too hard on him. Then she remembered something that she thought she had yet to tell Alex. "So my mother is getting married in June." she stated matter of factually. "Would you mind coming to the wedding with me?" she asked, her eyes pleading.

Alex nearly choked on air as she said the next thing. 'Wedding now? Emm, I don't know. I'm going with you in the summer aren't I so I'm sure I'll manage it. Though, I must admit...I'm not too fond of getting all dressed up more than once in a year. Your due me a favour later,' he replied, before giving her a crooked smile. 'Are you sure you wanna go?' he replied, wondering how she had gotten over her fear of her mother so quickly.

Kiera felt some of the tension release as he told her that he would go. She laughed at him as he said he only dressed up once a year. She shook her head. "You look so handsome dressed up. I'm doing the other guests a favor. They get to look at you." she said, only half joking. He looked incredible dressed up. Kiera's smile faltered as he asked if she really wanted to go. She shook her head. "Not really. But I don't have much of a choice do I?" she asked.

Alex laughed before giving her a look that showed she was speaking nonsense. 'Hmm, but then I might outdo the groom and that's just a nono.' he joked with her back. To his mind, he looked just like any other ordinary person when they were in suits but he didn't bother killing Kiera's little daydreams.
'Hmm, I could always crash a car on the way and then we don't have to go,' he added, obviously speaking nonsense but crashing a car wouldn't be that bad a thing to do if she didn't want to go that badly.

Kiera laughed. She was in agreement that he would be out doing the groom. Alex was quite wonderful when he was dressed up. The word dashing came to mind. "Its fine by me if you outdo the groom." she told him, grinning. Kiera shook her head and laughed. "Well the wedding is here in New Zealand so we can't drive the car over the ocean. We are going to have to apparate. But I won't be old enough, but Cam has been apparating for two years." she told him, thinking outloud.

Alex gave her a stern look. 'Well, it's not fine by me so there. I just will have to go not dressed up,' he replied as matter-of fact. He wasn't being very serious at all but he couldn't outdo the groom. That was just ridiculous. 'Apparate. Hmm. Interesting. We'll be getting taught that next year, i think' he replied. He was looking forward to that quite a lot. He might not be that good at it though.

Kiera pretended to be ashamed as he gave her a stern look. "Don't you want to look good for me?" she asked him, giving him a flirty smile. She nodded her head as he said they would be taught next year. "I really hope so. If they don't teach it I will contact the ministry, though technically we can start learning as soon as we turn 17. I can't wait to finally be allowed to do magic out of school!" she said excited. Alex had already reached that age but Kiera wouldn't be 17 until July.

Alex laughed before giving a flirty look back. 'Well, I think I do already look good enough for you,' he replied joking. 'Yes, send letters of complaint to the ministry. Fun times,' he agreed before laughing. 'I know. Poor you. I'm all ready able to do that,' he replied. He reckoned he would probably be 18 when they got round to getting it taught to him though.

Kiera laughed as she leaned in to kiss him. "You definitely look good enough. But its still nice to dress up." she told him, giving him another kiss. It was hard for her to keep to herself around him, though that might not be a bad thing. "I know you can. Lucky duck." she said with a roll of her eyes. "I can't wait for my birthday." she said, knowing she could drive him crazy at her house.

Alex shook his head at her before leaning into her for the kiss. He liked how she couldn't keep herself to herself a lot when she was with him. He liked staying close to his girlfriend. The very scent of her was like a perfume to him. He laughed as she called him a lucky duck. 'Hmm, yes. But I can wait. Because it means I have more time to annoy you in return.' he teased her before ruffling her hair. He glanced at the fire again, checking it wasn't dying out anymore.

Kiera grinned back at her boyfriend. Everything always seemed so effortless between the two of them. As if they were perfect together. Kiera laughed. "Just try to annoy me after I am 17 and see what happens." she said sticking her tongue out at him. She rolled her eyes as he messed up her hair once again. Just another favorite thing he seemed to have.

Alex laughed out loud as she joked with him. 'Ooh, scary,' he teased back sticking his tongue out in return. She was a funny sort all right. 'You know what we should do for halloween? Make you a punk rocker. Just gel up you're hair so it sticks up. It would be quite funny, I reckon,' he told her, wondering what made him think that idea up. He honestly had no idea but it had been said so that was that.

Kiera laughed. "You should be afraid." she said slyly. She grinned as he stuck his tongue back out at her. Kiera listened with interest to his idea about Halloween. She laughed. "You only want to laugh at me. I would look utterly absurd." she told him, laughing. Kiera would look funny with her hair sticking up. She wasn't ruling the idea out though. It wasn't really that bad of an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back