Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Lily was incredibly nervous. Once she'd woken up from her and Elliot's nap, she had gone upstairs to her dorm. It was when she saw the dress she'd set out for tonight that she had remembered the promise she'd made herself. The one she was starting to regret. She was going to come to the dance, and she was going to dance. At least once. She stood on the fringes of the crowd, biting her lip. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. She had left Elliot a note, saying she'd come to the dance. But perhaps she should have just asked him to come with her. She wanted to step out of her comfort zone today, yes, but did she really have to do it alone? She sighed. She couldn't bring herself to wake him. There was only one thing for it then. She took a small step toward the dance floor. One step at a time, she'd end up out there. And then she'd dance. Hopefully.

Elliot had never been very good at napping. Waking up had been disorienting, suddenly alone in a much darker room with a rat now tucked inside his jumper. He sat up, blearily rubbing a hand through his hair and fishing Penne out of his shirt, squinting as a note fluttered quietly to the ground. Relocating Penne to his shoulder, Elliot picked up the note, reading it carefully in the dim firelight. Lily had really gone to the dance by herself? He knew she’d been pretty serious about getting over some of her fears this semester, but that seemed like a big step. He wanted to feel proud of her, but he couldn’t help but feel nervous for her instead. Mind made up, he hurried back to his dorm, depositing Penne in her enclosure and quickly changing. He’d go to the dance, just for moral support.

He smoothed down his hair anxiously as he descended the last few stairs into the Entrance Hall and peeked into the main hall. It looked like the dance was already underway, the sight of the hall, with its dancing couples and shockingly pink decorations threw him as he walked in, suddenly nervous for a reason he really couldn’t put his finger on. It was all a bit too romantic for him. Shaking his head, Elliot focused on finding Lily, letting out a breath of relief when he spotted her across the dance floor, her eyes focused determinedly ahead of her.

Lily retreated several steps as a dancing couple swooped by her. Unthinkingly she brought her fingers up to delicately touch the sunflower pins in her hair. This wasn't going well. She clutched her dress, working to steady her breathing. "I really should have woken him up," She complained to herself, letting out a sigh. Maybe she could go back to the dorm? This had been a good idea, sure, but doing it alone was still too much for her. She didn't think she had it in her to dance with a stranger, and she didn't know how to dance alone. She didn't have Ren here to dance with her. There was a little pang in her heart as she missed her brothers' presence.

It wasn't so bad with Elliot. She should really find him. Just as she resolved to do it, however, she was knocked over by a much taller student. Lily gasped as she stumbled. There was nothing to catch her and she didn't have the chance to regain her balance. She fell back, her head hitting the floor with a soft thud. "Ow," She winced, taking a moment to gather her bearings before she tried moving. This really wasn't going well.

Picking his way around the dance floor, Elliot considered his route. The direct path across the floor was the most obvious, but Elliot really didn't fancy the idea of having to so obviously cross the room in front of so many people. Skirting around the edges of the room was taking a bit longer, but seemed to be the safer option. As long as he kept Lily in his eye-line, he wouldn't lose track of her.

He'd made it about half-way before he saw Lily stumble, wincing as her head hit the ground. Lily just had the worst luck, Elliot hoped she wasn't hurt. Previous caution forgotten, Elliot cut a straight path to his friend on the ground, throwing a few apologies and excuse me over his shoulder as he dodges a few couples and made his way to her across the dance floor. "Lily, are you alright," He said, crouching down to try and help her up. "I swear I can't leave you alone for two minutes sometimes," he said fondly.

Lilly blinked as Elliot appeared above her. She smiled and sat up. "Hi," She greeted softly, rubbing the back of her head. "I-I think so," She smiled weakly at him as he helped her back to her feet. "Oh, I don't know," She held onto his arm, working to get her bearings back. "I seem pretty lucky to have you for a friend," she teased lightly. "Well, El," She announced as she straightened her dress back out. "I still don't like the crowd, but I can ignore them now. I think this is as far as I can go tonight. I still can't ask anyone to dance that isn't Ren." She looked back out to the dance floor with a sigh. She was a little disappointed in herself now. She'd been hoping for more.

"Hi," Elliot replied back, glad that Lily seemed relatively unharmed. He ducked his head as Lily teased him, feeling his face go a little warm, once again unsure what to do with his hands while Lily held his arm. He was glad to be Lily's friend too, though he wished he wasn't so worried about her all the time.
"It's pretty impressive you're out here at all, I'm proud of you," he offered, smiling at Lily next to him. "If you want to dance I uh-" Elliot fumbled, looking away for a bit. "We don't have to dance out on the floor or anything but... You don't have to ask anyone to dance I'll.. I'll ask you. If you want. To dance." It wasn't the smoothest invitation, but Elliot figured if anyone understood being nervous about all this, it would be Lily. He peaked back at her and shrugged his shoulders, offering his hand.

Lily went quiet as Elliot seemed to struggle with saying something. She listened closely to what he had to say... and his words stunned her. She was quiet a moment as she tried to process it. "Aw, Elliot," She managed after a moment. She stepped closer and, standing on tiptoes, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. She buried her face in his shoulder. "You really are the greatest, sweetest boy in school." She smiled shyly even though she knew he couldn't see it. She really didn't know how she had managed to get a friend like Elliot, but she was eternally grateful that she had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back