Tristan Drage

Missing

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Tristan flexed his knuckles as he waited outside an agency on a bright sunny day in Melbourne, Australia, the sun beating down on his back, being quite an irritant. He was waiting for Josh, looking quite ridiculous in a tuxedo, playing with his tie. He had not worn a getup like this since he had been married, even then having been uncomfortable in muggle clothes. He felt alien here, usually sticking to the wizarding world. However, it was nice not to have to be Polyjuiced, reveling in the fact that he could just appear himself again.

Josh walked up behind Tristan, wearing a similar tuxedo. It was nice to be walking around in public without the usual heavy cloak and hood. He slyly spoke, "Well, don't you look all studly." He then laughed aloud. "So is this the place?"

"You know it," Tristan chuckled, "You're just jealous because I'm damned handsome." He loved joking around with people, and he shook his head, laughing. "Yeah, this is the place. We just have to wait for them to open; I thought being here early would make a good impression." He was starting to sweat, wiping it from his brow and from above his lip; at the moment, he thanked Merlin that he never liked growing facial hair. Personally, he didn't know how Lief could stand it here; it was too damned hot for his taste.

Josh laughed at Tristan. "Are you getting a bit warm there buddy?" he said as he looked at Tristan wiping his brow. "You get used to the heat around here. So when do they open up?"

"A bit warm is an understatement," Tristan replied, shaking his head. Being raised in the North hadn't done anything for him. He prefered to live somewhere at least remotely chilly. "I'd welcome some snow right now, or maybe some rain."

"I believe they open at about nine. In that case, we have ten minutes."

((Should we have our certain visitor start to show up right about now?))

((Is that a hint? :-? ))

((It's a hint for the person who was invited into this thread if they want to come in yet or not. :p ))

(((Yeah, the other party may burst in at any time now.)))

Josh chuckled at Tristan's discomfort. "I do not miss snow at all. I rather enjoy having a tan most of the year. Makes picking up women easier." He added a wink as he talked. "So, ten minutes? That is not too bad. Wonder if there will be anyone arriving early so we can get in and get started."

Tristan chuckled quietly, "I don't tan; if I stay in the sun too much, I'll burn and peel. And Merlin knows that doesn't look good." Shaking his head, he looked to his magical watch, which pronounced how slowly the time had passed by. "That'd be nice, but muggles of this sort don't seem to wait on anyone; you wait on them." He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms and hoping to get into some air conditioning soon. That was one nice aspect about muggle life; the heating and cooling controls these days were fabulous.

Joshua laughed as Tristan spoke. "Buddy, I think you need to invest in some sunscreen. It will keep you from burning too much. Sometimes the muggles have a few useful things." He started to look around, doing a bit of 'people-watching' as he waited. "Sometimes the muggles wear the most random things too. Look at that girl. What was she thinking?" Josh pointed casually to a young woman in her 20s walking down the street in shorts that were just a bit too small and a shirt that let her stomach hang out - and over the waistband of her shorts. "That turns me off right there."

Nicolas King had been instructed to keep an eye on a few confirmed Death Eaters and track their activities. However, after a break in at the Ministry of Magic most Death Eaters were laying low and he lost all trace of the few he needed to know the where abouts of.

After a small ammount of unsuccessful searching Nicolas was prepared to report to his superiors informing them he had lost whom he was tracking. Just before he set to going to the Ministry to inform them a tip was given that a few Death Eaters had been spotted in Melbourne, Australia. Not being able to believe that these people were amongst Muggles in Melbourne Nicolas cleared his schedule and started his short voyage to Melbourne.

After his arrival Nicolas knew who to look for, a man who was part of the Australian Ministry and would be able to point him in the direction of any strange activities in the area. After speaking to him the only information Nicolas recieved was that a new "Security" firm had popped up for Muggles recently, which would be okay, had it not mentioned a type of Dragon, that to his kno=wledge, was not part of Muggle folklore.

Not knowing where to go from there Professor King started to wander the streets of Melbourne, becoming increasingly hot and sticking out like a sore thumb, he was sure, but repelling Muggles was not his concern at the moment.

As Josh continued to watch the people pass, looking for the person they were going to be meeting, someone stood out. He nudged Tristan and spoke very quietly, "That just doesn't look right. I think someone is not dressed properly for being out among the muggles." He felt for his wand as he spoke, not sure what to make of this man just yet, but not wanting to be caught off guard.

Nicolas felt somebody's gaze on him, though he should have felt it the entire walk, thousands of Muggles looking at him but this felt very diffrent. He stopped instantly and looked around him, seeing if there was anybody there that he felt shouldn't be.

"Thanks for pointing that out, @$$hole," Tristan scoffed playfully, nearly gagging at the muggle woman who obviously had issues with dressing herself. "Way to make me queasy while I'm burning up-"

He started a bit as Josh pointed out a man who obviously was not wearing a muggle get-up, and narrowing his eyes, sweat pouring down his face, he murmured, "I recognize that man from somewhere..."

Suddenly realizing who it was, Tristan demanded gruffly, "Turn your face from the crowd. Auror at one o' clock." He of course, knew the man to be a Professor at the school in New Zealand, but he also recognized him from the Auror offices, the man having been in his first years of training when he himself was an auror.

Josh let the information register as to what Tristan said, then slowly turned around to face away from the man. "That guy is an auror? Merlin's beard. What in blazes is he doing here? Have we been set up?" He spoke softly, so as not to be overheard. "How do you know that guy? You work with him? Do you think we can take him if we need to?"

Tristan turned his face away, muttering softly, "I used to work in the Auror offices, remember? He was in training just before I left." He hoped that the man, King, he recognized him as now, would not recognize him in muggle attire, and he suddenly realized the folly of dressing too fancy; his tux stuck out like a sore thum; it wasn't even a Saturday, nor any other day for special occasions. "If we've been set up, whoever did so is going to reap the consequences," he snarled, "I think we could take him, but if he confronts us, I'd be more concerned with getting away than fighting. He might have others with him."

His rage grew as he attempted to conceal himself from the Ministry member/Professor, suddenly wondering if the man was undercover at the school. That might explain why he knew so much about the situation Christmas before last; he was being leaked information both from the inside, the school, and the outside, the rest of the world. He knew all too well what kind of information the Aurors could pick up, having been one himself. That, however, might explain why he had been able to evade them for so long.

"I was wondering about that," murmured Josh. "I was wondering if it was from when you worked there or if you knew him from, um, other occasions." His face was turned away, silently cursing the fact that he did not think to have worn the muggle sunglasses that he had stolen from a hapless victim the other week. "Keep your eyes peeled for any other familiar faces. Hopefully this guy just wandered onto the wrong street. If it wouldn't be too obvious, I would kill him right now. He'd never see it coming."

Nicolas continued to scan the area, not sure what he was looking for but the feeling not leaving him nevertheless. He looked over allt he ignorant and unsuspecting muggles, all poorly dressed in his opinion but among them all there was a man who seemed to be dressed in rather formal attire and he started to walk at a rather quick pass towards him and who appeared to be his friend. He reached to his inward pocket of his cloak and felt his wand. He conceled it up his arm sleeve and continued walking. He figured he would bump into them and see if he recofgnized any faces, if not he would apologize and keep walking.

"Sh1t, he's coming over here," Tristan whispered to Josh, thrusting his hand into his pocket and gripping his wand. He wasn't afraid to provide a little show for the muggles, provided that King did anything. However, he wasn't stupid enough to turn just yet, wondering what the man was going to do.

Josh tensed and slipped his wand up into the sleeve of his tuxedo. If he was not careful, he would be back on his way to Azkaban, and that was not where he wanted to be right now. He angled his head to keep watch on him, but not be so visible to the man walking forward. "Crap. What the hell does he want?" he muttered quietly to Tristan.

Picking his pace up slightly, but not having to dodge Muggles as they seemed to dodge him he approached the pair. He caught the occasionaly side glance as they looked back at him, but he could not tell who it was looking back. They were definatly nervous, their bodies were rigid. As he approached them he moved into the way of the second man with long black hair. He then bumped shoulders with him, spinning around to face the pair immeadiaty, his wand still firm in his hand but hidden by his cloak.

"I don't-" Tristan snarled, starting to reply to Josh, his muscles tensed up and his brow furrowing as the auror bumped into him, obviously intending to see who he was. Screw it, Tristan thought, pulling his wand into sight, holding it up for the Professor to see. "I suggest that you stop right where you are, King," he spat, his ice blue eyes hardening and boring into the man, not afraid to fight if he had to.

Allowing his wand to become visible in his hand Professor King smirked, "I'd really rather not." he then made subtle flick of his wand, which was the Accio spell calling Tristan's to him.

Tristan grimaced as he felt a slight tug at his wand, feeling it move a little in his hand, but keeping a firm grip on it, not going to let it go so easily, gripping it so tightly that his knuckles turned white. With a sideways glance to Josh, he growled, "Nice try, Princey boy," and with a return flick of his wand sent Expelliarmus flying towards the auror, having been pretty learned in silent magic himself.

(((I tried not to use expelliarmus since it would send some sort of light from the wand <_< )))

Stepping slightly to the left he allowed Expelliarmus to hit an unsuspecting shopper somewhere behind him, who's bags fell from her hand. Luckily, nobody saw the spell and the woman simply assumed herself a clutz. "Let's going somewhere quieter, shall we?" Professor King offered, allowing a small confusing charm to escape his wand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back