Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 8 1/2 Inch Whippy Wenge Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Emery settled into his usual Hogwarts routine immediately. It was the first morning of classes, and Emery headed down to breakfast a little early so he could sit in relative quiet. He had brought a book, and started reading it after serving himself some breakfast. He had mastered holding a book open with one hand while he ate with the other, and he did just that, blissfully ignoring everyone else around him. He was glad Ravenclaws tended to leave people who were reading alone, and he definitely wasn't the only one in his house who spent his mealtimes this way.

As content as Briony was being on her own, she was quietly relieved she'd been sorted into the same house as Emery. He might not happily answer her questions, but he'd still answer. And besides, even if she might have slightly preferred to end up with Vanity, she really did like Ravenclaw tower far more than the idea of sleeping in the Dungeons. Barring maybe one major issue.

"Is there a shortcut to get downstairs, my legs hurt," Briony said with a deep sigh, settling in by Emery before leaning forward to see if she could catch the title of the book he was reading. "There's probably lots of secret shortcuts in a place like this right? Like turn left and sneeze in front of a suit of armor and it'll let you pass? Or hold your nose and walk backwards through a door and you'll end up somewhere else?" Briony was already warming to the idea, the ache in her calves forgotten.

Emery didn't look up from his book when Briony went to sit next to him, but he only managed to ignore her for a few moments before he did look at her. "I'm reading, Briony." He told her. "And I don't think there is a shortcut, you just have to go from one of the towers to the main floor, it's a lot of stairs regardless." He told her with a shrug. "Grab some food." He added, nodding to the dishes on the table. "Did you sleep okay?" He still held his book open as if he was going to read more, even though he was perfectly aware he wouldn't manage that with Briony next to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back