In which they arrive

Cecily ate her dessert, nodding. "Yes, it was. I can't wait for the other half,"she winked. "I can see why they call it dinner theatre,"she joked.

"Suitable for only dinner." Nicolas said with a grin, taking a very conservative sip of his now refilled wine. "How was the first week of classes for you then?" He then inquired, attempting to strike up some conversation in between acts. "Any interesting first years?"

Cecily nodded, chuckling. "Nicolas, they are the most imaginative group I've seen yet! Their essays and drawings,"she shook her head, grinning and sipping her wine once more. One more glass couldn't hurt, she thought. Then she'd switch to coffee. "I'm not sure if I've spotted any born trouble makers yet but I've got my eye on a few of them. What about you?"

"I'm not sure what to think of them yet, I might make a few decisions when I mark their first round of homework next week." Nicolas stated as the house lights started to dim and he repositioned himself to face the stage.

Cecily murmured, a smile playing on her lips and her cheeks becoming fairly rosy from the amount of wine she'd had. The air was dry and while she watched the second act unfold she sipped at her wine and refilled the glass absently. The new players on the stage weren't as bad as the first, although they needed a lot of work. She could appreciate their enthusiasm and good memories though.

Professor King withdrew a generous amount of Galleons from his pocket, more than enough to foot the bill he was sure, and set them on the table. After a scene more of the play he couldn't stand it anymore. He rose silently from his seat and moved over to Cecily, he crouched down such that his head was on the same level as hers, "What do you say we go for a walk someplace?" he whispered in her ear.

Cecily was so engrossed with the play that Nicolas' sudden closeness and his words gave her a slight start. Smiling, she nodded, grabbing her small purse and standing next to him.

Nicolas nodded and led Cecily out of the dining area and outside the restaurant where there was a slight chill in the air. He looked around at the moon and the stars guarding it. "Where would you like to go to then?" he asked with a smile.

"Could we apparate back? Maybe walk around Obsidian Harbor?"she asked, wanting to be around the wizarding community once more.

"Of course." Professor King agreed, glad he would not be asked to wander in a region unfamiliar to him. "Will we apparate individually then?" he continued to inquire, enjoying the fresh air of the evening and glad he could spend such a night with Cecily.

Her cheeks rosy from the wine, she nodded. "Perhaps that'd be best,"she grinned. She arranged her shawls about her bare shoulders then glanced up at him cheekily. "I'd hate to have one of us splinched tonight. It'd be terribly bad form, as first dates go."

"Right, then where shall we meet in the harbor?" Professor King inquired, surprised Cecily was not cold in the evening's temperature.

"In front of the Leaky Cauldron?"she asked, smiling up at him. The cool night air felt good on her flushed face, the wine left her with a pleasantly warm feeling from her toes up.

"Sure." Professor King agreed, slightly worried about whether she would apparate to the correct spot. She may not have been drunk, but her senses seemed slightly impaired. He closed his eyes said, "See you there" the pictured the Leaky Cauldron's front door.

Cecily winked at him as he disapparated. She sighed and closed her eyes, feeling a bit unsteady on her feet as she did this. She pictured the Leaky in her mind and disapparated. Unfortunately when she reopened her eyes she was met with a place she'd never been to before. She turned around in a small circle, feeling a trill of unease run down her spine at the sign blowing in the breeze.
Cecily Rambolt had unwittingly disapparated onto Bleak Street.

Bleak Street RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back