OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily apparated with Nick safely beside her. Her eyes raked over him. She sighed in relief. Good. Nothing seemed to be missing. "Everything okay?"she asked.
The restaurant stood before them.
x1ftit.jpg

(((What? I don't get to say she splinched something? :p )))

"I think so." Professor King stated without looking himself over having trusted Cecily to transport the both safely. He then looked at the restaurant that stood before them. "Wine, just what I need after this week."

(Haha! If you'd like to have something splinched, I'll edit. =)) Although that sounds rather messy. :p )

Cecily laughed, twining her arm through his. They went inside and the maitre d welcome them, then took them to a table. They had to walk across a large, slightly raised floor in the middle of the restaurant where the dinner theatre would take place.
9u7kav.jpg

(((No water pistol fights tonight then? :( :p I'll stop with the OOCness now)))

Nicolas thank the maître d'hôtel and then moved to one end of the table he had instructed them to sit at. He withdrew Cecily's chair and waited for her to sit. When she had he moved it in slightly closer towards the table before taking his seat opposite her. "This seems quite the place." he began, "How did you say you found it?"

Cecily sat in her chair, impressed with Nicolas' manners. No man had ever held out her chair for her before. She could definitely see what all the fuss was about, she thought with a smile. "Thank you,"she murmured as he sat down.
"I'd missed my train and there wasn't another for twenty minutes. It was raining,"she recalled. "I ducked in here and they kindly let me wait here. They have the most wonderful coffee,"she grinned.

(Unless somebody catches fire from all the candles floating around. :lol: )

"Well then I guess I'm glad you missed your train." Professor King replied, glancing around the dining area. "So, I hope you understand that tonight is my treat." he began with a light smile.

"Not going dutch then, are we?"she joked, grinning. "Thank you,"she said more seriously. The waiter arrived with their menus and to take their drink orders. "I'd love to try the chablis,"she told the waiter, then turned her eyes to Nicolas to see what he'd pick.

"It's not a problem." Nicolas assured Cecily. He was then about to request to see the restaurant's sommelier when a server came by and Cecily placed an order for a drink. He figured he should do likewise and looked over their selections. "I'll just have what the lady is having then." he decided with a nod.

"Good choice, sir,"the waiter said before leaving to get their drinks.

Cecily looked at Nicolas. She didn't speak until the waiter, who returned a moment later, placed glasses in front of them, popped the cork with a flourish and poured. He bowed slightly before taking his leave, leaving the bottle between them. Cecily sipped at the wine, enjoying the flavour, before speaking.
"What made you decide to become an Auror?"

Nicolas took a sip of his wine before putting the glass back down and looking at Cecily. "Well, when I started Hogwarts the school was filled with Aurors, we were surrounded by them and I suppose I looked up to them. However when I graduated from Hogwarts I think the only reason I actually went into becoming an Auror was revenge, of course this motive disappeared as I went through training, but Revenge was probably the main reason for quite the while." he explained, hoping this made sense to Cecily.

"I can't imagine you being vengeful,"she murmured, sipping her wine and absently playing with the flower arrangement. "May I ask...what were you seeking revenge against?"

"My father had been killed in my seventh year at Hogwarts, and my mother died shortly after him." Nicolas paused at this point wondering if he should explain how but finally deciding it was not needed for Cecily to understand, "I suppose I felt I could find whoever killed my father and then make sure such things didn't happen to others."

Cecily listened to him with rapt attention, her heart going out to that poor boy who'd lost his family so young. "Did you?"she asked quietly. "Did you find them?"

Nicolas nodded his head slowly, "Yes, I did. Or one of the ones involved at least, I can't be sure how many had been." he explained, deciding not to make mention of how under the circumstances of the time he had to kill the man. He figured if Cecily inquired he would tell her.

She paused, the wineglass almost to her lips, as she heard his answer. "Did you get your revenge?"she asked, sipping the wine, her eyes not leaving his. She put the glass down, her fingers around the stem. Revenge was something she'd never understood in all her life until a few weeks ago, when that awful memory was restored to her. She was adjusting to it and to herself and what she'd allowed to happen. But another part of her, one that was foreign to her, was crying out for vengeance. She wondered if Nicholas had gotten his.

"By that point revenge was not what I sought, though one could claim I achieved it." Nicolas began, staring back across the table into Cecily's eyes. "Under the circumstances of the time I had to kill the man and had absolutely no choice." he continued to explain, breaking eye contact with Cecily and swirling his wine glass, making the liquid inside swish against the sides. "I really hadn't wanted to kill anybody."

"I'm sorry,"she said softly, meaning it. She'd never killed anyone. She'd read a history book explaining about how it could split a person's soul when they killed. Looking at Nicolas, she highly doubted that'd happened to him.
"That must have been a difficult time for you."

"It was, but it's over now." Nicolas replied with a weak smile, "So, are you going to have something to eat?" Nicolas inquired, prepared to call over the server.

Cecily nodded, looking over her menu. "Everything sounds delicious,"she said, her stomach growling silently. "I was too engrossed in marking to grab lunch,"she admitted shyly. Her eyes roved over the menu. In a normal circumstance, she would've ordered everything in sight. Her girlfriends at Hogwarts had gotten used to her eating habits after a while...she could eat everything in the kitchen sink and not gain a pound. Her metabolism was weird that way. Probably the nervous energy she had.
Tonight she would settle for something delicious yet filling and have only one dessert. Well. Maybe two.

(((Oi vey, must I RP with food right now? :p )))

Nicolas had glanced over his menu and then looked over to Cecily, "So what's it going to be?" he asked, not entirely sure what he himself would order.

(Aww! You're almost there man, you can do it! :lol: )

Cecily bit her lower lip, trying to choose something. The waiter approached their table and asked for their order. She silently squirmed. This was the hardest part about eating out somewhere; deciding what to choose! "I would like the Coq Au Vin,"she said, closing her menu and laying it on the table. Her grandmother used to make that dish on special occasions. It was made from an old rooster and was really delicious.

(That's as far as I'll go about the food. :p )

"I think I would like the Raclette." Professor King said after setting his menu down. Once the server had left he looked across the table at Cecily. "So, tell me about yourself, you said you attended Hogwarts in Scotland? How did you find Hogwarts here?"

"Alicia owled me. We'd met each other..years ago and she knew I'd mastered Herbology,"she replied. She refrained from mentioning her ex husband and how he'd been the one to refer her to Alicia. "It's so different here from Scotland, isn't it? Not just the plants, but the weather and culture. It was a nice change of scenery and I've always loved traveling." She drank some of her wine before glancing at him.
"Nicolas? Could you tell me about your assignment at the school?" She wasn't sure if he would answer her or even if he could.

Professor King smiled as Cecily discussed how she had found Hogwarts New Zealand and how different it was, it was indeed very different and as such he nodded his head in agreement. However when she mentioned his assignment his expression changed. "My current assignment or my former one?" he began thoughtfully, "If it is my former one then the Prophet seemed to have their idea of it."

"Whichever you feel comfortable talking to me about,"she assured him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back