Closed I'm Not Only Here to Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noelle could see the emotions passing through his girlfriend's face. The confusion, thr understading, the realization and the shock of everything. He knew it was a lot for her to take it all in. He squeezed her hand, to reassure her and to somehow subtly prevent her from bolting out of her chair. Alexis may be his first crush but Willow had somehow became his first love. He was somehow pleased with the hug he got but a sinking feeling was in his heart from the way she hugged him and how she said his name. He just hugged him back, putting all the understanding he had for her. To reassure her that whatever she would say next, he would accept it.

Willow held onto Noelle as thoughts went running through her head. This was unfair she now knew why he had been so nervous all night and she should give him an answer. if she had to give the answer she was going to give she could at least not make him wait. she pulled away taking a deep breath. "Oh noe, I am sorry." she said the tears starting to form in her eyes not helping her focus. "I'm sorry. as much as I want to say yes, as much as I don't want to hurt you, as much as I love you. I have to say no" she said. reaching out to him taking his hand and closing the box on the beautiful ring. this was one of the hardest things she had ever had to do. "we are are still in school, I'm not even of age yet. and like you said we have only known each other a couple of years. yes, our relationship has been good but this is school it isn't the real world. what works here won't necessarily work out there." she said feeling herself breaking her own heart. the tears were now overflowing her eyes probably leaving black marks of mascara and eyeliner down her cheek, why hadnt she worn waterproof?

Noelle was observant enough to know that this would not be ending well. However, it still hurt when Willow said them. The soft snap of the velvet box felt like a hammer to his heart. Anybody who would be watching them would say Willow was heartless. But not him. It consoled him that she was even crying as she turned down his proposal. As much as he wanted to argue, he knew she was right. It was more or less what her father had told him in the letter. He smiled, slightly, as he took her hand while the other pulled out a hanky from his pocket. He carefully wiped her tears, "Hey.. It-it's fine... I mean..", he cleared his throat. He was saying the opposite to what he was feeling. "I'm fine. I-I understand. You're r-right.", He was already stammering and he wanted to stop himself or else he would not be convincing. He looked down to the box as he tried to control his own tears. He had never thought this day would come.And that he would be really affected by it. "Do-do you mind? I need to get some fresh air.", he whispered, his voice already cracked. He was quick to leave his seat and made for the door but his steps slowed down just until he was out of the doorway. He could still hear the music, they were even playing the song that they danced on their first dance.

Willow felt like an absolute monster for hurting noelle like she was doing. she wanted to hold him tight and tell him that everything would be okay. but how could she do that if she was the one hurting him. she felt bed for him. she felt him try and reassure her but she could hear his voice shaking through the reassurance. she faught the urge to put her arms around him again she knew it would not help. "you are too good you dont need to reasure me. I-I should be the one reasuring you she said.reaching to wipe his cheek. but she stopped before she touched it.
as he said that he needed to get some fresh air she nodded. "I'm sorry" she said resting a hand on his shoulder brefly more tears coming to her eyes before letting him go. She wanted to get out of the hall too. but stopped herself she shouldn't follow him he needed his space. she knew that whatever she was feeling it may be bad it may hurt but she had made him feel it far more and her really didnt deserve that. She wanted to be home she wanted someone to hold her and tell her it would be okay. she just hoped he had someone in the school who could do that. she looked around the hall trying to find @Chante Ateara or her aunt family was what she needed and she hoped that they were in the hall somewhere

Noelle exhaled sadly as he looked down at the box. He smiled as he remembered Willow's smile. He promised himself that he would be understanding and supportive. So what the heck he was doing outside? He cleared his throat and exhaled one more time before braving back inside to look for his girlfriend. Engaged or not, he still wanted to be with her. The Puff found the Gryffindor at the side of the hall, searching for someone. He knew it was not him she was searching for or she would have gone outside. It could be Chante. Or Prof. Ateara. Or Linden. He hurried to her, she did not see him. The moment she was within reach, Noelle pulled Willow into a tight hug. He buried his face into her hair. He just wanted to be with her that night.

Last edited:
willow looked around the hall despiratly trying to see her cousin or aunt. how were two part giants so hard to see. as she looked her vision became more and more blured as tears welled up in her eyes. she didnt see the erson walking towards her. she didnt see the person walking towards her she didnt realise he had come back until she felt familiar arms around her and his head against her hair. she burried her head into his shoulder. they stood like that for a long minue both silent except for the ragged sounds of breathing. eventually she forced herself to move awaystill holding onto himshe looked up at him her looked exactly how she felt. she used one of the ruffles around the collar of her dress to wie his eyes mush like he hd done to her before. he was one of the best people she knew. he was stong enough to come back after what she had done where if she was the first to go she would not have returned. she had hirt him but her was still there caring about her. "noelle. you ar-are one of the b-best people i know. you sh-should be looking after yourself. you shuld be as angry at me as i am with myself" she said you deserve someone far better than me" she said her mouth getting ahead of her hearingthe words as if it was someone else saying them. what was she saying. she still wanted to be with him. but part of her wondered how could he still want to be with her.

Noelle chuckled at his girlfirend's attempt to wipe his tears. He had stopped crying already but a tear escaped when he saw her in tears. Yvette would surely laugh at him right now. "Of course, I'll come back. I'm not leaving my girlfriend alone here. And I just told you I need fresh air right?" he grinned at her. He took the box out again. Looking at it thoughtfully, he glanced at Willow. "Will, even if you turned down my proposal, can you keep it? Not as an engagement ring.", he added quickly. He did not want her to freak out again. "A promise ring. That I promise that I will stay committed to you and you to me. Until you find it in your heart to either keep it, and me, forever. Or...to return it and leave me." He gazed into her eyes. "What do you say?Because I am not breaking up with you, woman.", he added with a wink.

willow bit her lip as Noelle explained that he wasn't leaving but he had just needed some fresh air. "should we just leave and head outside for a bit?" she said the thought of fresh air was a good one away from the noice of the music and the presence of other people. she watched as he took out the ring again. and offered it to her as a promise ring. she had never heard of one of those before. but as she explained it she looked at him once again confusion across her face. "that sounds exactly the same as an engagement ring." she said. she didn't want to take the ring from him. not that she wasn't committed to the relationship but because she was but just the thought of the meaning that the ring was intended for it felt off using it as something else. and if she wore it then it would remind her of tonight and the fact that she had hurt him so much. why did they need to promise comittment when commitment was never a question.

Noelle shook his head at her suggestion. As much as he wanted to be with her, he would give her space. He chuckled drily at her expalantion. She was actually right but was it that bad to make a promise to someone? "It sounded similar but I'm not asking you to marry me this time.", he countered. He shook his head once more as if to clear his mind. "Just keep it. You don't need to wear it. Or throw it. I guess I don't care anymore.", he snapped. He placed the box on her hands before stepping closer. He leaned once more and kissed her with all he had on the lips. "I love you, girlfriend." He caressed her cheek and with a final smile, he turned away and left the hall, making his way outside.

Willow felt Noelle put the box in her hand. she didn't want ti. but there was not much she could do to stop him it seemed that he had already made up hismoind. he wanted her to have it. she nodded as he explained the difference not sure if she was nodding that she understood or as an agreement to take the promise ring. then he was next to her kissing her with so much feeling she returned it trying o communicate the love and guilt and love and heartbreak she was feeling though her lips. as they parted she felt his hand on her face and looked him in the eye as he said that e loved her. "Love you too" she said but even as she said them she wasn't sure if her love as as strong as his. she watched him leve then got up took the long way to the door just about in time to see him walking away across one of the paths outside. shewasnt going to follow him. she turned and made her way up the stairs climbing the stairs with no real destination in mind as tears started pricking at her eyes again.

continued:
Noelle: Was it wrong?
Willow: A melody in minor
the relationship: Stuck between a rock and a hard conversation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back