I'm gonna pop some tags

Monty hung back as the Headmistress paid, grateful when she took his arm and they exited the shop together at last. The air on Brightstone street was considerably fresher and easier to breathe than it had been inside - being prone to anxiety made the inventor preternaturally aware of these differences - and the sun warmed both his face and his spirits. They paused a few steps from the door and looked down the cobbled path, Ava for another shop to browse, and Monty to estimate how long it was going to take them to walk back, afterwards. He had no particular objections against shopping all day, but he had to quietly wonder where it was Ava was getting all this energy from, and whether or not she might share the secret with him.

"No; I'm quite happy for you to lead the way," he said, feeling a bit odd holding her arm now that he knew she had a partner. The gesture had never been romantic - in fact, Ava had initiated it - but Monty didn't think it was the courteous thing to do whilst in possession of this new knowledge. But he didn't bring it to any attention, because when the subject was his own discomfort, he seldom ever did. "Oh! but I would like to pop into the apothecary on the way past - if it's not a bother. I need to pick up some dragon scales for th... er, for something." The Professor looked down at a particularly interesting stone to hide his blush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back