I'm gonna pop some tags

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Ava King knew that it was only a matter of time until her clothes wouldn't exactly fit her anymore. The Headmistress wanted to get them sooner rather than later; she knew what she was going to be like in a few months and she would not be happy to go out shopping, so it was now or never. Cyndi was the only one she had officially told about her growing bump, but if anyone witnessed her chronic morning sickness, it wouldn't be hard to guess what was going on. However, Ava's best friend wasn't free that day. And Ava was going insane. She had to go out today; another shopping date with Cyndi would just have to be made. The pregnant lady was feeling far too restless.
Recently, Ava's friendship had grown with Monty Pendleton. She knew he'd be fun to shop with, and would probably be polite with her antics or crazy 'lets go into every store' shopping style. Ava swiftly made her way down to Monty's office, before tapping on it. "Monty." Ava called out. "Monty, let's go shopping. Pleeease?" She asked, hoping he didn't already have plans for the day.

Monty was enjoying his quiet day off a little more than he'd have cared to admit. Whilst he took thorough delight in teaching Potions, it was often the short moments of silence in which he could sit down and read that he savoured the most. He paged idly through a fiction book he'd picked up in a second-hand Muggle book shop for a few weeks earlier, occasionally clearing his throat when the quiet made his ears ring.

Somewhere around chapter four there was a tap at the door, and Monty rose to answer it at once, his step hastening at the sound of Ava's voice. He greeted her with a clumsy smile and a slightly baffled look. "Shopping?" he repeated, hanging onto the edge of the door as he considered his boss's eager request for his company. As a man who was sure he owned at least four pairs of the trousers he was currently wearing, Monty was the last person he expected to be asked on a shopping trip. But, for whatever bizarre reason, Ava had specifically asked him, and lest she be given the opportunity to mistakenly decipher his hesitation as reluctance, he quickly relaxed into a warm smile. "Yes, yes! Why not? I'll just grab my, er..." The Potions Professor trailed off with a helpless gesture and retreated back into his office. When he re-emerged a moment later, he had a jacket slung over one arm and his wand in his right hand, which he used to lock the door behind him. His book was long forgotten. "Did you have anywhere particular in mind?"

The Headmistress nodded her head eagerly when Monty repeated her request. Ava desperately wanted some company on her trip, it would be far too boring on her own. Admittedly, Cyndi probably would have had better opinions on what she should get, but that didn't mean Ava wasn't looking forward to sending some quality time with another one of her close friends. She grinned happily when he agreed, happy that she wasn't going to have to venture out alone; she'd either get far too much, or leave with nothing in her hand! But she was starting to get excited now, as she stood outside Monty's office, waiting with excitement, buzzing. As he locked his door, Ava linked her arm in his and started out of his office, out of the castle and towards the Village. "Brightstone of course!" She exclaimed cheerfully in response to his question. "I'm in desperate need of some clothes for when - for me." Ava stopped herself. She didn't know why it was such a big secret. Sure, she was only just three months, but she didn't think anyone apart from Cyndi even knew that she was seeing someone. "But I wouldn't say no to an ice cream either." She chuckled, looking at Monty. "Are you in desperate need of anything Mr. Montgomery?" She asked with a cheeky smile.

Monty startled inwardly as the Headmistress linked her arm in his, but since he seemed to have very little say in the matter, he took it courteously and returned her radiant smile. "Excellent!" he said as they began their journey through the castle. They were the subject of quite a few intrigued looks, at which Monty kept his eyes fixated on the corridor ahead and tried not to blush. Ava's error was not picked up on, and he responded with woeful ignorance. "Well, I'm afraid I don't know very much about clothes," he said ruefully. "But, as luck would have it, I do know a thing or two about ice cream." The Potions Professor grinned to clarify that he was teasing, unlinking his arm from Ava's to step ahead and hold open the door for her. It was a bright and beautiful day. The spring sunshine bled across the open blue sky, which stretched over the grounds like a watercolour painting, and the air was scented with damp grass and blossoming roses. Unaccustomed to such brightness, Monty squinted, letting the door close gently behind them and shrugging on his jacket before returning his arm to Ava's. It was sunny, but it was still only September. The Headmistress's next enquiry turned Monty's smile bashful. "Oh, just fresh air and company," he told her happily, though he wouldn't have declined a quick visit to the apothecary whilst they were there. As an afterthought, the Professor frowned, turning his head to Ava and slowing a little. "Will you be warm enough like that? I don't mind running back inside to get you a jacket..."

Ava's mouth turned upwards into a grin when Monty said he knew things about ice-cream. "I didn't know that there was much to know about ice-cream, other than the fact that it tastes amazing." Ava jested. "And that I'm really craving some right now." She added as an after-thought, though a small smile still on her face. The Headmistress nodded to Monty as a 'proper lady' would do as a thanks for him opening the door for her, remembering to add a little curtsy on the end.
Ava smiled at his reply, knowing that she would probably still ask him every now and then where he wanted to go. She laughed at his comment about getting her a jacket. "No no, don't be silly, I'm fine. If I get too cold, I'm sure I can find one to buy!" She exclaimed happily, getting more excited by the second. "It's not even that cold today." Ava stated, looking at Monty with a playful smile. She had been getting quite bad hot flushes recently, and knew she was just much better without the jacket. As they entered Brightstone, she steered them straight to The Three Broomsticks so they could start with an ice-cream. Usually, Ava like just the 'normal' flavors of chocolate and strawberry, but today she was definitely wanting the chocolate chilli, which she ordered at the counter, before turning to her colleague. "What will it be Monts?" She asked.

The Headmistress's cheer was quite contagious, and by the time they'd reached the edge of Brightstone Village, Monty's beam was as wide as hers. Their first stop was The Three Broomsticks, where Ava ordered herself a very peculiar sounding flavour of ice cream. Monty raised his brow, having to make a substantial effort not to question her choice, and then blushed again at the use of two nicknames within a ten minute time frame. Never in all his life had he been referred to as 'Mr Montgomery', or 'Monts', and he couldn't help but feel bashful at what were presumably terms of endearment. "Um, I think I'll play it safe with a butter pecan," he said, grinning as he ordered and paid for both of them before turning to Ava. "Would you prefer to sit inside or eat as we walk?" he asked, slightly clueless to the simple preferences of his boss. "Although, I'm afraid you will have to lead the way. I wasn't even aware Brightstone had clothes shops."

The brunette noticed Monty's eyebrow raise at her flavor choice, but at the moment she didn't care. As soon as she saw the flavor, Ava knew that that was what she was craving, and if she didn't get it, she'd quickly become grumpy. Ava chuckled at his reply of his chosen flavor, but quickly huffed when he paid for the ice-creams. She was planning on paying for the both of them - it was her decision to come out after all! She didn't think Monty would've been too keen on allowing her to, he was such a old-fashioned gentleman, but that's what Ava loved about her close friend. Even if she would fight against it. The Headmistress took her ice-cream enthusiastically, saying a quick thanks to Monts before tasting it. It was such a weird mix of flavors, but it tasted so damn good. Ava made a noise of enjoyment, before laughing at Monty's statement. "Monty, that is disappointing! You need to come clothes shopping with Cyndi and I more often then." She commented, before licking her ice cream again. "I'll show you some places first, and then we can choose where to go to once we've finished our ice-creams." stated Ava, linking up with Monty once again and leading him out of the Broomsticks. "How are the fostering meetings going? Are things moving ahead?" Ava asked inquisitively. She felt an odd, yet familiar heat in her stomach and chest, but put it down to the chilli from the ice-cream.

Monty chuckled bashfully, unable to deny that he probably ought to go clothes shopping more than once a year. He'd been meaning to strengthen his friendship with Professor Kingsley anyway, and it seemed a safer bet that all three colleagues should spend some time together than Monty attempt any more one-on-one conversations with a woman who he was not yet comfortable around. After politely taking up Ava's offer, the Potions Professor linked his arm into hers and stepped back out onto the cobbled street. As they began heading toward the centre of the village, she enquired of him how his foster meetings were proceeding, and he stopped eating his ice cream to respond. "Oh, well, it's er... slow progress," he said, a sadness in his tone suggesting he still wasn't entirely confident in his abilities as a parent. Ava had been a remarkable help in this regard, but he was sure he wouldn't completely eradicate the doubt until Saveli was living with him (or not). "I don't like to raise my hopes, really. But thank you for asking. And er, how are you getting on? Did you see Braxton and Riley over the holidays?"

The ice-cream didn't taste as nice as she thought it would. It did at first, but now she felt yuck from it. But, Ava didn't want to waste the ice-cream, especially because Monty had bought it; which is why she should have. Then it wouldn't have mattered, and she could have thrown it in to one of the many bins they were passing. It was amazing the different things you noticed when you were pregnant. Where the closest toilet is. What different smells came from different foods. And currently, there were so many bins. Why couldn't she just throw the ice-cream away? Ava felt guilty for even thinking about it. Here she was, completely ungrateful for the delicious treat Monty got for her, and she didn't know if she was on the verge of tears, or if the ice-cream wasn't sitting well with her, but there were currently too many smells and a ton of thoughts making her feel what she wasn't used to. Ava tried to throw the thoughts from her mind and listened to Monty, picking up on his tone. "I'm sure it'll be fine, and it will happen before you know it." Ava commented, giving him an encouraging smile. She was excited for him, and knew he'd be a great father, and was surprised he wasn't already. To be honest, it was surprising someone as lovely as him wasn't even in a relationship. "I'm, I'm going good." Ava stammered out, not entirely sure what to say. Only one person even knew she was seeing someone. "Yes, I did. Believe it or not, Riley's almost due with her second child!" She laughed, before the thought actually hit her. Oh merlin, her grandchildren were going to be older than her own child. "Excuse me for a second." Ava managed to mutter out before running to the bin near her, her breakfast and the disgusting ice-cream coming back out, tasting even worse the second time. Ava was humiliated, she was not expecting that at all. Ava quickly grabbed out her wand, as she cleaned the bin, and herself, keeping her gaze away from Monty.

At Ava's encouragement, the Potions Professor smiled gratefully, licking his ice cream again. He was sure he didn't deserve to have such a lovely lady as his boss. "Oh!" he exclaimed when she mentioned that her daughter was nearly due with her second child. "That's wonderful. Are you exci-" Before Monty could finish his question, Ava interrupted him, and then without much explanation rushed off to the side. It was only when he realised she was vomiting that he withdrew his wand to cast a vanishing spell on his ice cream and tentatively approached her from behind. "Christ. I'm sorry, Ava, I didn't realise you were nauseated," he said, opting to gently touch her back rather than hold her hair away from her face. She'd seemed perfectly all right a moment ago, and thus he could only conclude that chilli chocolate ice cream was to be stayed well away from (not that he'd intended on trying it in the first place). Feeling her embarrassment, Monty blushed; for whilst he did not think Ava repulsive in the slightest, vomiting in front of another was always a horribly uncomfortable experience. After a moment, he said: "Are you all right? Can I take you back to the castle?"

Ava stood, still not facing Monty, angry that she had the stupid ice-cream, angry that she wasn't allowed to throw the ice-cream away, angry that she threw up, and angry that she had tears in her eyes. She was feeling a flurry of emotions, and the hand on her back did not help keep them at bay. Ava sniffed in and moved her eyes upwards, so she was looking at the sky, forcing the tears to stay back. This was ridiculous. In a few seconds, Ava went from feeling embarrassed, angry, upset, and back to angry again when he asked if she wanted to go back to the castle. "No." She snapped, before shaking her head. It wasn't his fault. Although technically it was because he bought her the damn ice cream. "I'm fine." She stated as she turned around to look at Monty. Ava tried to keep her distance though; vomit breath was not nice in the slightest. "It was just that stupid ice-cream. And I couldn't throw it away because you bought it for me." She announced angrily, folding her arms and looking away from him. All she wanted to do was go shopping. But would Monty even want to shop with her after she threw up? And now snapped at him? Pregnancy sucked.

Monty wasn't quite sure what to think of his boss's sudden change in attitude, but he knew well enough to take his hand away and keep it to himself. Not being a touchy person himself, he could never be certain in which situations it was appropriate or appreciated, and he added 'When Ava is vomiting' to the list of definite noes. He flushed a little harder, feeling as if he'd said and done the entirely wrong things. Worst of all, she confessed (well, declared) that she had felt obligated to eat it simply because he'd paid. "Oh! Ava, no; you needn't be so polite for my sake," he said, horrified that his friend would feel that way. Had he made her feel that way? No wonder she'd been so short with him. Pushing aside this concern over more pressing matters, he looked around at the nearby shops, trying to figure out what to do next. "Let's go to Honeydukes," he said, looking back at Ava. "I'm sure they sell mints of some kind. We'll get you some water while we're at it, and then we'll carry on. Would you prefer that?"

Ava looked back at Monty, now feeling guilty for being rude to him. He was so polite, and was being nothing but nice! She was going to have to thank him somehow for his patience, but she'd have to do that later, because if she focused on it all now, she knew she'd get too emotional. Ava had forgotten all about pregnancy woes, especially the crazy mood swings, but it was definitely coming back to her now, and all her frustrations and irritations and weepiness over the last few weeks made sense. The Headmistress didn't respond to Monty when he offered Honeydukes, candy the last thing on her mind, but at the mention of mints and water, she nodded her head. Her arms still folded, Ava started walking to Honeydukes in silence. She was feeling embarrassed, for throwing up and then for lashing out at Monty. He was probably so confused, and she knew she wasn't really being fair on him. As they entered Honeydukes, Ava made to find the mints and the water, and took them to the counter, quickly taking out her money so she could pay for them herself, merlin forbid she'd not like the taste of mints. Ava quickly popped a mint in her mouth. She turned around to find Monty, before she went to stand next to him. "Can I get you anything?" Ava offered, looking at the ground, still feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

Still feeling guilty for having made Ava feel as if she'd had to finish the ice cream, Monty walked with her to Honeydukes in silence, the distance between them kept so precisely that it could have been fixed in place. He followed her into the sweet shop, lingering back by the door as she bought what she needed to make herself more comfortable. When she asked if she could get him anything, he shook his head, being one to feel a little sick himself when witnessing another vomiting. "No, I'm fine, thank you," he said, daring to give her a polite smile and then turning to exit the shop. He didn't want to further upset her, and since he was doing a very good job of it every time he opened his mouth, he said as little as possible as they headed for the first clothes shop. Had he not presumed Ava was a little too old (not that he thought too much about a lady's age), he may have given more attention to the passing thought that she might have been pregnant; but despite her moodiness, strange cravings, spontaneous nausea, and sudden need for new clothes, he thought the idea quite silly, and dismissed it from his mind almost straight away. He didn't know why, but the idea made him uncomfortable.

As they entered the first shop, Monty, who was still acutely aware of Ava's embarrassment, said: "Let's not worry about today, eh? It happens to the best of us." He didn't know about her, but he was still up for making the best of it. "Just let me know if you'd like to head back," he added, before approaching a railing of turtleneck jumpers and poking one tentatively. He grinned. "What shade of green would you say this is? Sneezewort or bubotuber pus?"

Ava looked at Monty, and returned his smile, feeling like the day had taken a terrible turn. Where she was feeling so excited, now the whole mood had shifted and it was definitely her fault. The Headmistress followed her (hopefully still) friend out of the shop, taking a sip of water; which she regretted quite quickly, it mixing with the taste of the mint. She wouldn't recommend that to anyone. Apparently today she couldn't do anything right! Ava mindlessly followed Monty into a shop, her cheeks blushing at his comment of forgetting what had happened. She nodded her head sheepishly. Her eyes followed him as he spoke about the jumper. She couldn't help but grin, thankful that he was lightning the mood; that he was still okay to spend time with her. Ava moved forward, and touched the ugly thing herself. "I definitely think a mixture. Sneezewort pus sounds right." She giggled, before looking around. It didn't take long for her to realize that none of the clothes were going to fit her, or be right, but she didn't want to complain, or make Monty upset. Her eyes spotted a jacket that she thought would be a good look for her friend. "I think - " She started, making her way to the sparkling neon pink jacket. She grabbed the sleeve and turned around. "This is definitely more suitable for you." She jested, trying to keep a straight face.

When Ava giggled, Monty breathed an inaudible sigh of relief. He had enough difficulty relaxing in the company of the opposite sex as it was, and he really didn't need the Headmistress feeling uncomfortable as well. He followed her with his eyes, biting his cheek when she suggested that a sparkly, bright pink jacket might be more suitable for him. With a wistful expression, he stepped forward to stroke the fabric with his fingers. "Oh, it's lovely," he said, struggling to fight back a smile. Then he dropped the sleeve and made a face of disappointment. "But I'm afraid I already have one just like this in my possession." The Potions Professor finally allowed himself to grin, lest Ava think he was being serious.

There didn't seem to be much in the shop that exceeded the quality of the neon pink jacket and the sneezewort pus turtleneck, and so Monty suggested that they move on to the next. He was relieved to see that the second shop they entered was a little more ordinary - or at least, as ordinary as a wizarding clothes shop could be - and followed Ava through the store as any man with a limited knowledge on ladies' clothing would. He didn't like to point out anything he thought she might like for fear that she would laugh or think the suggested garment unsightly, so he kept very quiet as they paced down the aisles.

Ava watched Monty as he commented on the jacket she picked out for him. She couldn't help but let out a laugh when he stated he already owned one, glad to see his grin that he was joking; She never knew, Monty could definitely own his own sparkly pink jacket that he wore when no one was around. But Ava was glad he didn't, else she would have to have serious talks to him about his fashion sense.
The headmistress gladly accepted the notion to move to the next shop where she looked for clothes that were a bit more stretchy and a bit more comfortable. Ava didn't think about how tough it would be to shop for pregnant clothes without letting her shopping partner that she was pregnant. She didn't know how she'd explain why she was buying robes that were two sizes too big for her, or why she had to get those comfy mom jeans that were really maternity pants. Ava didn't think he'd notice what she was buying, but it was hard to find things, and enjoy shopping by herself. And really she didn't know why she had to do it 'alone', there wasn't actually any reason that she shouldn't let Monty know that she was expecting; especially after all the drama she had just put him through. Ava turned to look at Monty with a small smile on her face. "So what I'm looking for is something a little, bigger than what I usually wear. I'll be...wearing for two soon. Eating for two. Everything for two for the next...six months." She hoped he'd pick up on what she was saying, but nevertheless her cheeks flushed a slight pink.

For a man of many questions, Monty was keeping unusually quiet. He didn't really notice that Ava was picking out clothes several sizes too large for her, or that half of the garments she'd selected had come from the maternity section, because he was too busy worrying about the possible implications of her inviting him out in the first place. Did the Headmistress think he needed new clothes? And was this really a friendly shopping trip, or did Ava mean to spend more time with him for... other reasons? Modest as Monty sought to be, he'd learned from past experience that friendships with women were slippery slopes that, if both parties were not perfectly candid with one another, had a habit of leading to horrible misunderstandings. He didn't presume, at all, that he was the sort of man Ava would develop feelings for; but he worried anyway, because he was sure he never, ever, ever wanted to be in a romantic relationship. Ever.

All of these worries were short lived. After all, it was incredibly difficult to get pregnant by oneself; so that when Ava alluded to her expectancy of a child, Monty could only assume she was otherwise engaged. "Oh!" he said, smiling to the disguise the sinking feeling that he couldn't quite place. "Congratulations!" It seemed appropriate to give her a hug then, so he did. As he withdrew, he said: "You're three months along? That's wonderful! Oh, who else knows? I'm terrible with secrets. You're going to have to langlock me."

Ava smiled as Monty hugged her, and she hugged him back happily. To be honest the news had frightened her, she knew even though witches and wizards lived a lot longer than muggles, most people stopped having kids at 40 something. But there was no way she was going to give up the baby, and Zannon seemed to be fine with the news as well; well at least he didn't run away from her when she told him which was good because this was definitely his fault. Her smile turned into a laugh at his comment. "Well, Zannon does, obviously. And Cyndi. But that's it. And now you!" Ava laughed. She put her hands on her tummy, looking down before she looked back up at Monty. "It's weird I know. Not expected. But it's not really that big of a secret. I mean, I still need to tell my kids but that'll happen soon." She stated, "I hope." Ava laughed again.

What was that bizarre feeling in the pit of Monty's stomach? He was ecstatic for Ava - there was little room for doubt about that. Though she'd told him her pregnancy had been an accident, it was clearly a happy one; and nothing delighted the Potions Professor more than the happiness of those he cared for. So why did he suddenly feel as if he'd just eaten an entire chilli chocolate ice cream? Shaking off this unprecedented feeling, Monty beamed, and he was so long accustomed to smiling when he didn't feel like it that only eyes of the likes of Professor Louise would have perceived anything to be wrong with it.

Not having actually planned on telling anyone (although Arvo might have heard eventually), Monty chuckled. "Well, I'm thrilled for you; I'm sure they will be, too," he said sincerely, Ava's spontaneous sickness and quick temper suddenly making a great deal more sense. He was relieved not to have been entirely to blame for angering her. "Is Zannon, er...?" the Inventor trailed off, not wishing to jump to false conclusions.

Ava nodded her head when Monty said they'd be thrilled for her. She was sure Braxton would be, but the Headmistress was still unsure as to how her daughter would react. The only idea that Ava had would be that Riley would express how gross it was, that she didn't want another brother or sister but she knew she'd come around eventually. Ava knew that the girl didn't like change but once the idea settled in, she'd come around and would plan play dates for their kids. Riley had quickly come around to the idea of Nicolas and was eventually happy for them so she knew it should be the same this time around. Still, it was going to be an awkward conversation.
Ava moved and started to look around for clothes again, nodding her head at Monty's question. "Yes! Sorry I forgot I hadn't said anything." The last time she was in a relationship, she hardly needed to inform anyone; being with the head auror had its pros and cons. Ava had wanted to keep her personal life to herself recently, but it didn't mean it all had to be a secret, especially not from her friends. "We met - a year ago? I think." She laughed. "Something like that. He's really not a shopper otherwise I might've dragged him along." She laughed. Ava picked up a plain gray top and held it up to Monty. "What do you think?" She asked, though really it was in the name. 'Plain, basic top'. Pregnancy was not fun.

"Ah," said Monty, recovering from his brief disturbance of composure. He wanted to say that he was pleased for her - it couldn't have been easy moving past the death of her ex-husband - but it didn't seem right to bring it up; and besides, Ava segued so swiftly into a new topic of conversation that, even had Monty not been cautious enough to hold his tongue in sensitive matters, there wouldn't have been a moment to mention it.

The Potions Professor smiled delicately, turning his eyes to the plain grey garment in Ava's hands. In the friendliest way possible, he really thought she'd have looked wonderful in anything. "Yes, absolutely," he said, reaching to the rail before them and, after a moment's hesitation, picking out a loose, comfortable looking black top that still managed to look stylish despite its simplicity. "What do you think of this?"

Ava looked at Monty, slightly confused with his one worded answer, but she left it, before turning back around to the clothes, keeping the small smile on her face. Ava wanted to keep the mood light especially since she'd not so long ago freaked out at Monty over an ice-cream. The Headmistress was feeling bad about it still, even after Monty had said they should forget about the morning, she knew that she was definitely going to have to make it up to him somehow.
Ava giggled at her friend's reply. "Yes, absolutely it's perfect, or yes absolutely, let's burn it?" She kept it with her anyway, it was worth having a simple top that could go with lots of things. She turned at Monty's call to see him holding up a nice black top. Ava grinned, walking up to him and touching the top. "Yes, perfect!" She exclaimed. "I never knew you had such good style Mr. Pendleton." She jested. "No I lie, your outfits are always perfection." Ava laughed, placing a hand on his arm, patting his suit jacket. It was true, even though he generally had the same clothes, he always looked good in it. "Okay let's get these and move on?" She offered.

Monty laughed heartily at Ava's request for elaboration. "Yes, absolutely, it looks exceptionally comfortable," he clarified, pressing his lips together as if to stop any further comments about the shirt slipping out from between them. Well, pregnancy must have been an incredibly uncomfortable experience, regardless of the miracle and delight of it. Such times were guaranteed to predispose all but the most vain indivuals not care for the attractiveness of their clothing, so long as they fitted well.

After taking a moment to appreciate the gender he had been born, Monty returned his attention to the present. He was relieved that Ava liked what he'd picked out for her - suggestions always opened the inventor's heart to rejection and humiliation - and had just begun searching for a price tag when he was made to blush by an unexpected compliment. Because their shopping trip clearly hadn't contained enough embarrassment just yet, Ava touched his sleeve and made him blush a bit more. "Oh, well, um - thank you, Ava," he said, feeling moved. He occasionally worried that his clothes were too old fashioned - and whilst they probably were, he minded a little less now. "Yes, good idea. I think we, uhm... passed the counter on the way in." The mere prospect of walking around more clothes shops made Monty's feet ache, but for the Headmistress, he was happy to oblige.

Ava smiled at Monty's response about the top, glad that she had told him about her pregnancy. She felt a lot better now that he knew; not only would it make for a more successful and less stressful shopping trip, but hopefully he understood her outburst earlier that morning. It definitely didn't excuse her, she was adamant that somehow she'll make it up to him, Ava was sure she'd feel embarrassed about it for years to come.
The Headmistress noticed Monty's blush at her compliment, and she smiled, but didn't comment on it, for certainty of more blushing would follow. So she just smiled at his response, and looked around for the counter he said they had past. Ava took the two tops and paid for them and took them in a bag, before linking with Monty again and leading them out the shop. "Any preferences on where to next Monts?" Ava asked, looking around. "I could shop all day, so stop me if you're bored." She chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back