Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hey HNZ,

I feel this is going to be one of the toughest topics (if not the toughest) I'm ever going to have to write. But here it goes.
Simply put, I need to leave HNZ. The why and such are difficult to explain and I'm not sure I feel comfortable explaining it to the whole site, but know these things:
No situation in my life is forcing my to leave. I'm fine. :) Trust me.
You guys haven't pushed me in to leaving. I can still manage everything I do on here. It's not that I'm unable to keep going.
I'm not sure for how long this will be. Forever? Perhaps. A few months? Maybe. A few weeks? Unlikely, but possible. I genuinely do not know. All I know is that 'leaving' is the only word that seems proper in this situation.

I knew this last Thursday, and considered demoting my account immediately. (Anybody who talks to me with any frequency and has been around a while might remember that I used to contemplate how I would go about 'leaving' HNZ. I hated the people who start drama, and I definitely didn't think my departure deserved an announcement.) However, I knew I had to promote Cyndi on Friday. I also knew I wanted her to be welcomed and get in to the swing of things on here before I made this announcement.

I talked to Livvy first, told her what was up, and we discussed what would have to change with me leaving. She also assured me there will always be a spot for me here - which I trust (most) of you guys will agree with. :)
I then posted a topic for the site staff on Monday, giving them the entire story and personal messages about how much I :wub: them.
Now it's your turn.

I obviously can't go over every single one of you and make a personalized message, because (frankly) I don't remember half of who is on HNZ anymore. :( And I'm horrible with gooey types of messages (just ask the staff about how much my last topic failed), but I think sharing a few memories that stick out in my mind from the past three years.
Welll, I joined HNZ with the username cedric_diggs (a testament that we're all n00bs when we start, to be sure). I was promptly told that my username was too similar to a canon character's ( :o ) and asked to have it changed to something else. With my creativity as high as it ever was, I used my own first name for the first name of my character. :tut: Thinking I had missed sorting, I applied to have my character be charms professor (an application form was posted) but was told the position was filled and offered Defence Against the Dark Arts. I took it. Later Kingy was also made Gryffindor Head of House.
Turns out, of course, sorting wasn't closed at all. Looking back, I wonder how differently my HNZ experience would have been if I started out with a single student.
Within my first week on HNZ I managed to make an enemy due to my n00biness in an RP. Once our argument was settled, though, we became good friends and I was one of the first to know that Kaela McIlvoy was Sophia Stark. Second most epic secret character of all time, it lasted as mostly a secret for like the first year of HNZ, when a bunch more people got told. (First most epic secret character was definitely Manteia.)
I remember a bunch of people who most of you won't. Whose accounts might (some are just inactive) have been deleted and who I've tried to nab over secret emails but never been successful. Heath Lambert, Pungahn Naihanchi, Stormy Lew. A great bunch of people who moved on from HNZ. Some that made it a bit further before leaving (like Alex [Bellatrix Green]) and some who still make the occasional HNZ visit (Oleg, Bruin and Kim, Kaela, Steveford). Lots of great people have been on HNZ. Lots of great people are on HNZ right now. A tonne of awesome memories have been had here and shared by many.
During the development of Kingy as a character (since most professor accounts were secondary accounts) I made Kingy very student like, as the only people to sort of actively roleplay with were the students. As a result, Kingy was pranked more than his fair share of times (from Heath and Bruin putting some stinking magic creature in his office, to Bruin kissing him on the front lawn... I'm noticing a common pattern here). Kingy organized assaults on the Borely mansion, and it took me quite a while for me to recover his character from all the shenanigans I had done with him. :tut:
When I finally decided to try to make a secret student character, Henri Soleil, I made the 'unsorted roleplay' section what it is today with the help of people like Kelsey (Kailey) and Sam &co. We did all sorts of random things, and Kelsey confided in me (As Henri) how much she hated me (as Kingy). Great lawls were had.

For the out of character community.... Spam 1.0, all the way to spam 8 and then spam 6 again. Crazy spam titles (from "Alicia" to the "Exploding Penguins" or whatever they were. The salted rainbow lemons (my picture for which is entirely boss). I remember once, Amanda and I had a topic going where we were reworking the alphabet. The "Alpha-bites" we called it. Squiggly became a letter (~) and it was my favourite letter. :r (Anybody who has gotten a PM from me knows the value of squiggly) and we removed letters from the alphabet according to their evilness. For instance, "d" was removed because "ducks" starts with "d" and the ducks are obviously trying to kill us all. :tut:

I'm mentioning a lot of older memories, because they're the ones that I more readily recall. But even in recent months HNZ has never ceased to make me laugh, smile, and love you all. (Like, for instance, how Hamza and Joyce kept photoshopping themselves in to the same picture. :tut: )

I'd like to think I've left a pretty big mark on HNZ in my time here. Influenced a bunch of people, and their characters, and in my time as an admin here made the best impact I can on the site. I'd like to think that I've effected HNZ so much that a part of me will always be here, and that it won't be easy to forget who I was here. Or for new members to not know anything about me. But I don't know if that's the case. What I do know is that HNZ is an awesome place, with awesome people who will keep it running. ^_^

You may still see me lurking HNZ from time to time. I'll still be on MSN for you to bother. I won't be processing applications. I won't be answering PMs necessarily. If you need something, PM Livvy. :)
I've told the site staff that they can still count on me to come through for them. If they need me, they can get ahold of me.
I'll still be a sort of 'technical' admin for HNZ. I'll make sure the board doesn't suffer from a horrible bug for 80 years and that the systems are up to date/usable. Otherwise, I'm 'leaving,' like I said.

Perhaps I'll make it back here. Perhaps I just need a break, but if it was called a 'break' the anxiety of coming back to do everything would kill me. I genuinely don't know. I'm sort of glad that I don't.

Thank you all for being so awesome and supportive. You're a great bunch. I seriously wish I could go through every single one of you and share what I think of when I think of you. Perhaps if you PM me and ask I will. ;) 'cuz I'm sure great fun could be had remembering such things.

Keep HNZ jamming, and thanks for letting me be a part of such an awesome site for so very long. ^_^

I'll end this in a similar way that I ended my note for the staff, as I still think any other way is improper.

~The Nicktator :nick:

(SQUIGGLEY! :o )

Nick,

I hate good-byes for starters but since you have been one of the people that have always made me laugh on this board even when you did not know you where doing it I figured I could give you a good-bye. SO um good- bye take care out there in the great big world. Don't ever forget that there is a place here at HNZ that no one can ever fill as much as they think they can. No matter what you do out there I hope it works out for you and your socks stay dry. I do not know how to end this so I am just going to say bye and I hope to see you again.

~Eden

Nick,

Reading this actually brought tears to my eyes. I had a horrible feeling that this day would come. I know you said you aren't sure how long you will be gone for, but please don't hesitate to come back. When we first met, I was a little, to put it bluntly, scared of you. Mostly because I didn't know you or the site very well and I had never done formal Harry Potter RP, before. But I have come to see you as the great guy you are. I do not regret joining HNZ, for it has become like a second home to me. I've watched the community grow and I've watched you working your socks off to make this site what it is.

I don't really 'do' goodbyes; I find them to be a difficult and upsetting. I never know what to say, but I would just like to say thank you. Thank you for everything. I've really enjoyed the laughs we've had and all those strange, hyper conversations that I've led. I'm gonna miss you. Don't go.

Beth

OH WOW.

This is a big wow for me, I was lurking for a second than I read this :( Sorry I'm never one for goodbyes, so like my friend Monah tells me "don't say goodbye, say see you later!" I hope that's what I can say to you right now, cause like I said I'm not good with byes. Personally I don't know you that well, yeah we've been on this board 3 years and some change, but I didn't get to know YOU as person. Not an admin. (blah I never make sense :p ) but I did pick up a few things here and there, realize some of stuff you do is A LOT. Besides running the board, you had to manage your life as well, and now that your in college. I can pretty much get all of that, still goodbyes sucks. I'm gonna remember our freshly days when we first started =)) I had a blast being Maddiie to bother the so called professor :r Tis was to funny. But I'm going to miss you Nick, miss bugging you loads :r sorry for that too :D anyways wanted to leave you with these words, my friend posted this as his status on FB:
FB Status said:
The stars in the sky remind me of pin holes in a black sheet. count another for our fallen brothers, sister, mothers, fathers, etc. one day our star will be counted so make this life count then. enjoy the people your with and remember one day you'll be remembered by the measure of you actions not reactions. i love you all my friends till the very end.. ♥ X.U(IDK why but I just wanted to share it with you)

I'm gonna miss you Nick :( Take care, and enjoy life to the fullest. :hug:

Madz ♥

Ps. Thanks for giving me back my owl =)) and Joyce is so with Hamza right now. I talked to them over the phone :r LOL

Maddiie Stewart said:
Ps. Thanks for giving me back my owl =))
Oh wow! I remember that!
Epic smiles right now. xD That's got to be one of my top 5 favourite RPs on HNZ. xD

Thanks, Maddiie. ^_^

(Thanks Beth and Eden, toooo00o0o. ^_^ I know goodbyes suck. But you all have my MSN or my Skype. I can still be prodded. :p )

Nicolas King said:
Maddiie Stewart said:
Ps. Thanks for giving me back my owl =))
Oh wow! I remember that!
Epic smiles right now. xD That's got to be one of my top 5 favourite RPs on HNZ. xD

Thanks, Maddiie. ^_^

But you all have my MSN or my Skype. I can still be prodded. :p )
Yes its one of my favorite too, very comical :p

And of course, will check you up on Msn ^_^ xx

Okay so as I'm lying here on my sickbed (yes I'm under strict medical orders to not get out of bed unless I absolutely have to) I just happen to lurk across this and seeing as how lurking is practically what I do best around here I of course had to read it. So I'm lying here all gross and snotty and such and here come the water works. Damn you Nickerdoodles...damn you *shakes fist* So now that I've gotten my face all cleaned up and dried I simply have this to say...you truly are one of the most awesome people that I've ever had the privilege of getting to know. You've put so much time and energy into helping HNZ become what it is and I don't think there is any amount of gratitude that would ever be enough. Thanks for all you've done not just for the site, but for me in general. You've always been someone I could trust to talk to and always been very generous with advice. Definitely the best 'little brother' that I could have ever asked for (even though I've tried to unadopt you several times :r ). :wub: :wub: :wub: you lots and lots!!

:hug:
KT

Nick! :woot: It seems that the short number of males on this board is about to get even shorter!

Like Beth, I used to be a little intimidated by you, mainly because of your Admin status and what you say goes :p But I put that aside, and remembered that you are Human ( Or so I am led to believe- iJoke) I really do hope you come back( someday)- you are a great guy! The board has gone from high to high with your randomness, witty humor and generally all around awesomeness. It's a sad day for HNZ, but we hope that you can return if possible in order for you to enjoy the awesomeness that HNZ brings me and I think most if not everyone else on the board!

I think you should enjoy your break. You deserve the me-time! I hope that life goes smoothly for you and you keep on being awesome!

I think this is permissible ( for only this occasion and this occasion only)

-Mike :wub: :doh:

I have to agree that I really hope you'll come back someday..

Take care Nick... ^_^ You've been a great admin...! :hug:

I'm We r going 2 miss you Nick ♥

(Gawd I feel bad for not being able to write as long as those people up there *pointing @ Eden, Madz, Beth, Katie, Mike*)

Nick,

It is hard to think of this place with out you being you, I feel like I have known you forever :cry: . I remember all of the good times we had (Sebastien Black) and it seems like all of the old timers are stepping back to open the way for the young bloods of the site. You will be missed greatly while you take the time you need to do what you must do I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers. Take Care and God bless my friend.

-Brandon

Nick,

I suck with goodbyes, seriously I do. I'm usually better off not saying anything and just pretending it never happened but at the same time I think I owe you a goodbye or something at least because your just that awesome. This makes me cry, seriously. I know were not particularly good friends or anything but the times I have spoken with you, you've always been able to make me laugh a lot. And thats hard to do. I sort of wish I had gotten to know you better. I probably could have if I pestered you more on Skype or something, so I blame myself. I will never ever forget some of the group conversations we've had with you, sometimes they got so bad but at the same time so funny. You were the heart of this place and probably one of the most tolerable people I've ever met. The things you put up with is unbelievable but admirable. There's been so many amazing things about HNZ that wouldn't be what it was without your hard work. It's hard to ever think of you going but sometimes you need to do what you need to do. I am hoping that maybe someday you'll come back but it's hard to tell what the future will bring. But It won't be the same without you around. Seriously.

Don't forget to say hi to me every once and awhile. :r
- Jessye ♥

"You were the heart of this place and probably one of the most tolerable people I've ever met."
I hope you mean "tolerant" and not "tolerable". xD

Thank you Jessye. ^_^ ( & Brandon, & Mike, & Sally, & Katie)

As I've said numerous times - I'll still be on Skype (but you never invited me to chat ever :( ) and always on MSN. :tut: Even in class. :r

We'll see what the future brings.

Well Im glad that it’s not because you are sick or anything, that makes me feel way better :)
But Im still going to miss you, Teigan too, :cry: hope you can make it back on someday till then Im sure we will be OK without you, though we will be missing you till you come back on :shifty: but if you don’t end up coming back on thats OK Im not trying to pressure you or anything :r just take the time you need to do whatever it is you need done, we will TRY to behave xD
Till we see you again.

~Tenile, and maybe Teigan. (doing this without her knowledge :r )

(Made if purple and green so it would look pretty :D )
~~~Teigans Bit ~~~

Nick :erm:

I am sorry to see you go. I havent been on here long, so I dont know you very well...

I know that you have done an awesome job for HNZ and I hope that in the future you will be able to come back to us. HNZ would not be like it is if it weren't for you. You are possibly the most dedicated Admin of a site, that I have ever seen before. With everything that happens on HNZ you are always in the thick of it, and i admire you for that ;)
I remain in hope that this is more of a "see you later" then a "farewell" but even if you cannot return to us, you will always have a special place in our heart.
Just don't forget us yeah?
And return to us if/when you can. If not, then we will be sure to always be as welcoming as you :hug:

Miss you heaps Nickles :wub:

~Teigs

Wow Nick, this makes me so sad :(

I really appreciate all the help that you've given to me since I've been here; and all the work that you have put into this site. I never really understood all the work you all do until recently, but I really appreciate you.
I've always enjoyed just chatting with you (when we do ;) )This is definitely going to make me want to go on MSN more, just to bother you :r
Your presence is going to be so missed!
Love you Nick!
DONNA :wub: :wub:

Nick,

It's been a good long few years that you and I have been on the site together. I joined when Zoey joined and I don't think that was too long after you did. We shared some really amazing moments on this site, whether it being problems, happy things, or Caysi and Kat throwing a snowball at you; I can say that I did develop a friendship with you that grew along the years. You are an amazing person and I will miss seeing you on this site. I remember when it was just a few of us on this site and we used to just PM eachother and spam. I can truly say that you made an impact on my life and on this site. You will be greatly missed by me and the whole site. Maybe one day we can actually see eachother, we only live a few hours away :p. If you ever need a snowball fight, a mission to see you, or anything .. you know how to get me.

See you soon old pal,

Caysi :)

Nick,

I am sa~ to see this. ~amn those ~ucks. They've obviously taken control of your min~ an~ convince~ you to ~o this crazy thing.

Evil ~ucks put aside, I understan~. I really ~o.

I'm floo~e~ with memories right now. I ~on't think I coul~ post anything to do those memories justice.

The best of wishes,
AmanA~a

PS: MSN. That is all I have to say. :wub:

Niiiick,

I am sad to see you are going, and wish I could have had a little bit more time in which to get to know you better. Of course, I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same.
Though, I would have to say, the funniest thing you have said to me would have to be this:
Nicolas King - Spam Again .... Again! Page 399 said:
Allow me to re-enact the last several posts/pages of this topic:
*Kaitlyn and Nick joking around*
Nick: Makes lighthearted pun to insert joviality in to his post
*those prone to laughter laugh*
Zach: RAWR1 Nick isn't funny!!@1111!!!!
Chorus: ORLY?!
Zach: yarly. But shh!
Chorus: nowai! NICK!
*as if my magickz, nick appears!*
Nick: (jokingly) I IS FUNNEH!
Zach: lolwut
Chorus: YAY NICK!
Nick: (somewhat jokingly) STOP THIS SPAMMING MADNESS!
Zach: lolwut. Topic title says Spam.
Nick: ZOMFG I QUIT LIFE. *presses esc key*

Good times. =))

But yeah, I would have to say you have been the person to influence the site the most, and you have put up with us being complete monkeys and bothering you a kajillion times. =))

Thanks for everything Nick.

- Zach.

Brandon: I worked hard for those topics to be forgotten. :glare:

Tenile/Teigan: Thanks. :)

Donna: Definitely. MSN. ;)

Caysi: The snowball was epic. xD And while I doubt we'll ever meet, it's been great knowing you, too. =] You never added me on MSN, though, I don't think. :o

Amanda: Squiggley didn't replace d silly. :tut: It became an additional last letter of the alphabet. :p But yes. MSN. :p

Zach: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/single/?p=8462363&t=7260865 xD I thought you were summarizing the whole page. Turns out that's how I summarized it. Oh my. :doh:

Nick: What else is suppose~ to replace that curse letter? :o

Nicky-poo, :p

I can't believe that you're leaving HNZ, and when I was lurking around and I noticed this, (plus Teigan told me), I instantly opened it and I was shocked by what you were writing. I was literally bawling my eyes out, and my parents, my sister and her fiancee must think I was crazy. Which of course I'm totally not. :r

But there are so many memories, and I remember that when I first joined HNZ, and at first I wasn't very active, but then when HWA shut down, and we got redirected to this site, I became a lot more active. I created many characters of course, because to be honest, who hasn't? And I remember that I was slightly scared of you, which I now know was totally ridiculous of course. Who could be scared of you Nicky-poo?

I hope that you do visit, and come back in the future, and I know that if you do, I will be one of the first ones to send you a PM welcoming you back. You've been a great influence to me, and I know that it was thanks to HNZ that I've improved in my roleplaying and in English. If I do get the highest out of my year in the English School Cert. I know that I'll have HNZ to thank for it of course. :D

I :wub: you and I'll miss you heaps. And I will add you on MSN so we can chat, and I'll tell you what's going on. I promise. I won't let you out of the loop. :p

Do, please do come back and visit. And don't forget what you've done on HNZ. You've certainly left your mark, and I'm sure that people that come on HNZ for decades will remember you.

There are plenty of :wub: and :hug: for you when you come back. And I am giving them to you now. :p

So lots of :wub: and :hug: go to you, Nicky-poo.

-Mel

Nick,

I know I've only just joined HNZ and that I might be seen as a n00b, and I wish I got to know you a bit better and I can see the hard work that you've put here in to HNZ.
During the past few weeks, I have felt welcomed, appreciated and like i'm part of a family here, which is more I can say about Real Life
sometimes.

The community and the atmosphere that you have created here is more than amazing, it is a place where were us people can retreat to and loose ourselves in our imaginations and meet people around the world who have a common interest - not only in Harry Potter but in other things like movies or music or styles.
I can feel you have put your heart and soul into this website and we expect so much from you and I only wished we could have done something in return for all your amazing work ~ You truly are, a wonder into managing this website along with the other site staff.

From where I come from, I don't believe in a thing called goodbyes and farewells.
Instead, I'll just say 'see you later' because, however long you may be, and how far that you are.
I don't ever think that your presence or your generosity to all of us here will ever disappear.

See you soon,
Missy :)

Nick,

You nearly made me cry (I say nearly because I'm in a room with other computer people and am trying v. v. hard not to embarrass myself) with this. You have worked so, so hard on HNZ, and as well as being a great Admin you were also a great writer, proving that to be great at roleplays you don't need to hide behind formatting. I'm so so sorry for those midnight PM's asking for different things to be done, especially how vague I've been in each and every one. I can only say, I blame the fact that I should have been sleeping.

You have done so much hard work keeping HNZ up and running over your time here, and I really appreciate it all.

I hope everything goes awesome for you. See you soonnnnnn!

Olivia
x
<i>
</i>

Amanada: Nothing. It was just eliminated. :glare:

Melissa: HWA shutting down was definitely an interesting time on HNZ. xD We tried to accommodate as well as we could, though. (I think I told Ryan that the next time he shuts down a forum and redirects his members to me, I want some heads up. xD ) I'm glad you integrated in to the community well, though. ^_^ And thanks about leaving my mark. :) It's nice to know somebody thinks that. :p

Zach: You underestimate your ability to irritate people. :r ( :wub: )

Missy: One of the biggest reasons leaving made me sad is because there are plenty of people I don't know very well yet, and would like to. I'm glad you've felt welcomed and like part of the family, though. One mission accomplished. ^_^

Olivia: Crying is for babies and people with sad things happening to them. :r Nobody should cry over this, silly face. :tut:
Which just reminded me of this part of Le Petite Prince:
Chapter 21 said:
"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you--the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or ever sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose."
Random. xD

Thanks again, everybody. :) Here's to you lot and HNZ! ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back