I did not miss this

Immediately Nicolette's face fell when he said that she couldn't have the book. His reasoning for not giving her it either was totally unjust too. "Aww come on Kalif! I won't put myself in any dangerous situations, I just want to test something with the Devil's Snare." She told him as she kept her eyes locked directly onto him. Hoping that he would sense that she was fully seriously and really needed that book so she could get some facts. She figured something and just needed to know if it would work out, but if Kalif wasn't going to let her have the book then there would be a problem. Nicolette didn't see this as dangerous at all, she knew how to handle the plant. With a playful role of her eyes she decided that messing with Kalif was long overdue. "We all know if you reaaallly wanted to ignore me you would. Hey I'm not that much of a klutz." She stated trying to defend herself, she knew she was a huge klutz sometimes but she didn't think that she was that bad. Most of the time anyways. Then again she also had her moments where she seemed worse than that. Kalif probably didn't know about her getting her sweater caught in the door earlier. "I mean before I can inhere smart-ass." Nicolette snorted as she approached him more and stared down at the desk to see nothing really interest to her yet. She crossed her thin arms over her chest and cocked her head to the side. She could only wonder what Kalif was actually doing before she came in here.

"Getting yourself tangled with a Devil's Snare won't be dangerous? Nicolette, did you leave your brain at Hogwarts when you graduated?" Kalif gave her an odd stare before ultimately rolling his eyes and he waved his wand at the books in the room. They seemed to fold into themselves, before blending into the wall. It was simple magic to conceal and hide the books and all. The book that he was reading had nothing about plants so he did not need to hide that. Kalif rolled his eyes again when she said that she was not that much of a klutz. He would be amazed if there was one day that she did not manage to harm herself in some way. Kalif slowly stood up and folded his arms across his chest, his height and form intimidating though probably not toward Nicolette because she had seen him when he was eleven, and when he was pissed off. Just standing now would not make much more of a difference, but it was more or less what it meant, he was standing his ground in what he said. Kalif uttered, "Experimenting. Now, are you going to attempted to get a book, with or without my approval, or are you going to have to take it yourself - if you can." It was not really a challenge as much as it was a test. He was more interested in actions right now other than words.

He thought that she was going to get herself tangled up in the Devil's Snare? Did he really think she was that incapable of protecting herself from a stupid plant? Nicolette knew how to take care of herself when it came to certain things so she didn't see why she wasn't allowed. "I wouldn't get myself tangled up with it. Besides even if I did I know how to take care of it so it would be fine! Your being extremely overprotective." She told him softly as her fingers ran along her arms softly. Her eyes spoke that she was was a little annoyed but they weren't harsh or anything because she could never find herself being too harsh with Kalif because of her feelings for him. Her golden eyes drifted over to Kalif as he waved his wand at the books in the room. They seemed to fold into themselves and blend into the wall and out of her reach. Nicolette's mouth dropped and a sigh of displeasure left her lips. Then he dared to challenge her and a sly smirk took place on her pretty face, yeah not a good idea. "Fine then." She continued to smirk step passed him and towards his desk. Nicolette wiggled her eyebrows which pretty much signaled that she knew how to get a book. Searching through his desk would certainly be a nice form of payback. First she started to search around on his desk and through the papers on there before she got bored and decided she would rather go through the drawer. "Or maybe I should just go outside and play with a hungry Snargaluff." She shrugged her shoulders and started to fiddle through the drawers and anything inside of them.

Never was a woman supposed to go through a man's drawers. Though this could be a sense that would more than likely apply in the bedroom where the man stashed his undergarments and such, but to Kalif, it applied more to his desk and things of the sort. Kalif rolled his eyes as she pointed out that he was being overly protective. That was an understatement considering that any male that looked at her in the wrong way that he caught ended up missing the next day. There were reasons for what he did, and most know, but he did not say it but once when his own son tricked it out of him. Then Nicolette started to go through his desk, and Kalif watched her from where he stood. Though she was getting dangerously close to the weapons in the drawer as well as the ancient book that he held, Kalif decided to take matters into his own hands, which was typically not good for whenever Kalif was handling the situation. It meant uncertainly bad news for whomever was making him handle matters in a physical or magical manner.

"A Snargaluff is not present here. I own one, and it lives at the school. Regardless," Kalif spoke as he walked toward his wife, "your wishes to tangle with plants that could be your downfall are thoroughly getting on my nerves." Not exactly the right words to put it, but regardless, Kalif actually lifted Nicolette onto his shoulder, and held her at the waist. Kalif packed her out of his office, and he went up the stairs. He had done this once, and he did not even like her at the time when he did. Kalif rounded through the corridors before finding his bedroom and opening the door. He put her on the bed - more like threw her. However, unlike most couples that would ravish their wives when doing this, Kalif turned on his heels, went out the door, and he closed it. Rather than leaving it at that, Kalif held the door shut with his gloved hand, knowing that Nicolette would have to attempt to get out like that. Luckily, he had placed an anti-apparation spell for the bedroom, for obvious reasons.

Nicolette heard Kalif say that there was no Snargaluff here and she bit back the urge to say she could easily go find one elsewhere. She did catch him walking towards her though and looked up. "Everything I do gets on your nerves so I don't think it's any different than all the other times." Nicolette told him with a roll of her eyes as she continued searching through the drawers for something like a book or plant-like. How could there not be a single thing in there about plants when he was indeed a Herbology professor. Just as she was about to open another one she was lifted onto Kalif's shoulder and held her up there by the waste. Nicolette squeaked out and attempted to get free from his gasp by squirming and shouting a colorful set of words at him as they headed out of his office. One would usually think that this meant something sexual but she knew better than that, she and Kalif were almost married for three years and she had known him for even longer than that so she knew better. He was probably going to drop her somewhere or something. And even if she struggled nothing was going to happen and she wasn't going to get free from from his evil grasp. Well not evil but this was like a form of torture for her. Before she knew it she was was being thrown on the bed and Kalif left the room. Which she expected. With a groan she rolled off the bed and headed to the door, she tried to open it but it felt like it was being held shut.

"Kalif what the hell?!" She took a step back and slammed into the door attempting to get it open. Only she ran into it really hard and ended up falling to the floor with an even louder thud. A groan a pain could probably be heard on the other side. She got up and kicked the door before she went over and sat down on the bed and crossed her arms over her chest. "What's the point of keeping me in here?" She asked loudly.

Kalif could feel her try to open the door, but he held it shut by keeping it connected to the wood. He wondered just how hard she would even try to open the door. Kalif was amused by the acts of his wife, and he felt something like, a slam against the door. Kalif raised an eyebrow and wondered what in the world was she thinking? He heard a groan of pain and knew that Nicolette tried to slam herself into the door, which would not work anyway. Then he heard the question and he answered back, his voice raised so that she could hear him clearly, "Well, it does keep you from going out and finding dangerous plants, and if you mention it again, I'll keep you in here. A form of grounding if you will." Sure, he was treating her like a child, like he would Kailie, but he did not care. Nicolette did not need to tangle herself in dangerous plants. She had a family and a job as a Death Eater. She needed to be alive, not only to tend to them, but to also to do things that Kalif was not capable of when he was juggling many things at once.

"You can't possibly stand in front of the door like that all night." Nicolette told her husband almost slyly as she leaned against the door and muttered into it. She knew he could hear her and that he would probably try to prove her wrong just because he was like that. Nicolette didn't like being kept in here all the time and being stuck in here even made it worse, especially when she knew that she wasn't going to get harmed by those plants because she knew what she was doing and she really needed to study that plant for even just a minute or two. Grabbing a hold of the door knob she tried pulling on it again to try and see if he had released the door but it seemed that he was still holding onto it. If only she didn't love him so much she would so not be afraid to start hexing him. "You can't protect me from everything Kalif! And you certainly can't keep me in here forever!" Nicolette shook the door and stepped back to sit on the bed indian style. For some reason she was feeling a little tired and drained, probably from trying to fight with Kalif over the damn plants and book she needed.

Kalif wondered if he could stand in front of the door all night like this. When Kailie came along and asked what her father was doing, he just murmured in Bulgarian to watch after her brothers and sisters while he taught her mother a thing or two. Kailie ran back to go check on her siblings like a good big sister would. Kalif felt Nicolette try to open the door once more, but Kalif tensed up his grip as well as his arm to prevent it from opening. Kalif smirked lightly, and he wondered if she was done tugging on the door. When he felt the pressure release and he heard her footsteps and the small sounds that the bed made, he knew that he had won this. "Perhaps not from certain troubles, but from life threatening ones, I can," said the Death Eater in a monotone voice, "I will keep you in here for as long as it takes for you to lose your interest in that Devil's Snare. If you want to have some research done to it, leave it to the professionals." Kalif was talking about himself actually, not only because he was a Herbology professor, but because he dealt with dangerous plants to get more ideas for more dangerous potions.

"Just because you know about plants doesn't make you any more professional than me. We were in the same Herbology class remember?!" Nicolette herself back on the comfy bed and waited to see if Kalif would respond to that. She knew her was better at it than her but it wasn't like she was going to tell him that. She really wanted to test her theory on Devil's Snare in Potions but he was working against her and not with her on this one, what if it turned out to be something amazing?! Apparently she would never find out if Kalif wasn't willing to ever let her do anything fun. She huffed and tried to think of something. "What if your there when I tried it? then would you let me do it? I'm pretty sure nothing bad will happen then? Plllleaaaaasssse Kalif? If you love me you'll say yessssss." Nicolette bargained with him, if he here there it would be less dangerous and it wouldn't be technically going against his word of her not doing dangerous stuff, fully at least.

Kalif could not resist rolling his eyes and he uttered, "Yet, I am the one that was on top in the class, as well as Potions, while she went on to Transfiguration and got the annoyance of becoming something that my daughter is allergic to." Kalif made sure that his voice was lower than that of a whisper. Kalif did not want to make compromises, as the thoughts that ran through his mind was simple: what he said goes. He normally was not so strict when it came to day-to-day living arrangements, but he really did not feel like preparing another funeral, especially one for his wife. That took time and effort, both of which he did not have to spare. Kalif released the door but he would be able to hear her if she came and tried to open the door again. That was something that he did value in his life-time of training himself, and that was his fast reflexes. "Nicolette, the answer is no. Pretty sure about something is not going to cut it. Now, if you ask me again, I will consider making your comforts in the bedroom a little less convenient for you when I render you unconscious without even causing any harm." What he meant by this was that he would locate a pressure point, knock her out and hopefully, she would wake up and forget it.

Nicolette didn't wand to admit that he had a point about this. Because that meant he would win and she willing to admit defeat so quickly. Then again it was becoming more and more obvious that Kalif had put his foot down and she wasn't going anywhere unless she agreed to leave the Devil's Snare alone. Perhaps if she told him exactly what she was looking for he could actually do it himself as long as he followed it exactly as she had told him to. Still she wanted to do it on her own for once and actually have Kalif trust her a little bit, she wasn't a weakling and could handle taking care of herself perfectly well. 'He might just be afraid to lose someone else.' Her mind shifted to think about him losing Jaken. He probably really missed his son and didn't want to go about and lose more people in his life. He was a Zhefarovich descendant but at the same time he was only human and he did care for her and others. Would that be too much on his heart? As these thoughts raced through her mind Nicolette began to get a little sleepy. There was a lot going on through her mind but since she wasn't really that angry with Kalif and it was another one of their arguments they always had and bonded together with. More minute's passed by and no word from Nicolette as she slowly feel into a deep sleep. Trying to get out of this room and arguing took all the energy out of her.

Kalif heard nothing from the other side of the door, and he narrowed his eyes once more. There was nothing, no sounds, nothing he could pick up through the mind because he needed to be in the same room with someone to actually read it for himself. He sighed lightly, and he opened the door to the bedroom. Looking on the bed, he saw that Nicolette had fallen into a deep sleep. Rolling his eyes, he walked over to the bed, lifted her up and used magic to pull the covers from underneath her. He then used magic once more to cover her and rest her head on a pillow. She had fought until she fell asleep. It would have been easier to just give up. Kalif decided to wonder what she was thinking about, or dreaming about. The mind was wondrous. He used the power of legilimency to find himself, her children and his, and then torturing mudbloods. It detail that she had thought of tearing them to shreds. That was something that he normally did not expect in her mind. He smirked lightly, as he left the room, wondering if she would ever bring out that dark attitude of hers more often. That would be something he would like to see,

Some Time Later...
<i>
</i>

Nicolette stirred softly and rolled over to glance around the quiet room for a moment. She was in the bedroom and she and Kalif shared but was currently alone. He must have tucked her in or something because she didn't remembering covering herself yet here she was resting on a pillow and all warm beneath the thick blankets. Quickly Nicolette sat up and pushed some of her hair out of her face and stared at the door, it wasn't closed but she wasn't so she wasn't sure if she should actually try to leave. "KALIIIIIIF!" She called out loudly, hoping he would hear her and come inside. She tried to make it sound like it was urgent or something so that he may be more tempted to come into the room and visit with her. Nicolette pushed the covers off of her body and stood up from the bed to walk over to the door and peek out, there was no sign of her husband yet. She took a step outside and stood in the hallway, a thought suddenly came to her but she dismissed it. It was about her past, the memory only lasted a second before she shook her head and headed down the hallway. Hoping to bump into her husband along the way.

Kalif was in the hallway when he heard something, more like someone waking up. That had to be Nicolette because Kailie and the rest were asleep. It was in the late evening after all. Kalif narrowed his eyes at the back of Nicolette’s head and he used this to probe into her mind once more, and he found something that he did not like at all. Kalif was often not ashamed to toss away someone when he thought that they were going to be a threat to him, Nicolette, his children or his marriage. This was threatening to his marriage but he chose not to get the full details. Oh the wonders he did with his new ability. He could teach students occlumency if he so wished, and if they could even perform it. Kalif approached her using his long legs to put less and less distance between them. He reached his arm and his gloved hand came down on her shoulder. Kalif uttered in a dark tone, “Who is Valere Snow?” He saw one image on him in her mind and that was the only thing that he bothered seeing. But it was the look in his eye that made Kalif a little uneasy. It was the look that he was in love with her. He was a Snow, and that too did not settle well with him because of Alphonse. However, he could not hold all the Snow’s to blame.

Nicolette jumped a little when she felt a hand on her shoulder and whipped her head to look to her side, she relaxed a little when she saw it was only Kalif and had half a mind to tell him not to sneak up on people like that. Before she could open her mouth and get a word in though, her husband asked her a question that made her pause for a moment before she rose an eyebrow. "Who told you about him?" Not that Nicolette was ever trying to hide him or anything. She just didn't really get why anyone would care to bring up Valere since he was way in the past and wasn't really all that important. What on earth did Kalif want to know and how did he know about him? Less than a moment passed before she sighed and pushed some of her wavy blonde hair behind her ears. It seemed that she was going to have to explain all of this because she probably figured that he had heard something odd about Valere and her. It wouldn't be hard though, he was nothing to her and she truly did love Kalif. If only he had been there back then. "He's Alphonse's father, I saved his life once only because he was a fellow Death Eater but other than that I couldn't stand him. He was in love with me and even went as far as to ask me to marry him too. I turned him down and he ended up getting really ticked off at me and pretty much trying to end my existence for not loving him like he loved me. Why do you ask?" Nicolette replied with a shrug of her shoulders as she stared up at him, not bothered at all. Valere truly was nothing and she had nothing to hide because she had never did anything with him, she barely even spoke to him. And when he did propose she ended up throwing the ring in his face and breaking his heart.

Kalif felt his wife jump from under his hand and he released his grip so that she could face him. And then she asked who told him about Valere. That made his eyes narrow and his expression darken. It sounded like she was hiding something that she did not want him to find out, but he knew that it was not true either just by the look in her golden eyes. But that did not stop Kalif from darkening his expression with each passing second. Then it was revealed, he was Alphonse’s father and he was in love with Nicolette at once more. And trying to kill her for not loving him or something. But what he did not get with her mouth was that he was dead, so to Kalif was more than alive and he was going to make sure that he would not bother Nicolette ever again. Kalif inhaled deeply before he murmured, "You do realize I am a Legilimens, correct? How else would I have noticed who he was or whatever unless I got it from that little mind of yours." Kalif shook his head and he continued, "But I am going to the Snow Manor and going to take care of Valere myself."

Nicolette noticed that Kalif’s expression was darkening as each moment passed by. Which wasn’t good because it meant that he was getting angrier and could possibly do something she wasn’t going to like. But once she had explained to him exactly what was going on with Valere she thought that it wouldn’t be anything for her to worry about, apparently Kalif wasn’t exactly too thrilled with her story. He told her that he was a Legilimens and she raised an eyebrow as a surprised looked came to her face, she didn’t know he had that ability. ”How long have you been a Legilimens?” She asked glancing around for just a moment. She wasn’t aware that her husband was able to read the minds and memories of another. If he had it awhile why not mention it now, had he been reading her mind for awhile? That was probably how he figured out about Valere and for a moment she almost felt like she was invaded or something. Then again Nicolette had nothing to hide from her Vincent. Then Kalif said he was going to the Snow Manor to take care of Valere himself and Nicolette panicked. Was he insane?! ”Kalif no! Don’t you dare do such a thing, it’s not even worth it!” Nicolette’s smaller hand latched onto his wrist and hoped it and the look in her eyes would convince him to stay here and not go the manor. Having him tear apart the graveyard to get to Valere and agitating the Snows didn’t sound like something she wanted to deal with.

Kalif folded his arms over his chest and he tapped his index finger, another sign of severe irritation, especially combined with the darkening expression and the cold, strict professor becoming the menacing Death Eater once more. Though Nicolette had nothing to worry about, because it was not being directed at her, but rather at someone else. Kalif also seemed to show a little more emotion and facial expressions in this stage. But only at times and if he allowed it. A sly smirk curled along his lips just carefully. It might be a trick of the eye, but the fact remained that it was there. Kalif answered coolly, "A while." A vague answer, because he preferred to not use it unless he really needed it, and it was a necessity to become a Patriarch as well in the family. One had to be able to read minds. His arms unfolded as he prepared to leave and apparate to the Snow Manor. However, he did not expect Nicolette to latch onto his wrist. Odd things happened when Kalif was in this state. He often reacted out of sheer will, and would hurt anything that stood in his way. Kalif in turn grasped her other arm, though the grip was not enough to harm her. At least he still had his intelligence. Kalif apparated anyway, taking Nicolette along for the ride. Not paying attention to where he was at, but he knew that he was not at home anymore, but in the Snow Manor, he inquired after releasing her arm, "You aren't trying to protect him, are you?" Kalif seemed now to look calmer, and steadier, but on the inside, he was still in that dark state. Why was Nicolette wanting him to stay at the Styx Manor which was a little out of the question now...

Nicolette was not expect Kalif to grasp her other arm. It wasn't like he had done it roughly to hurt her or anything but it did surprise her a little bit. A soft gasp left her lips and before she could even grasp a hold of what was going on she was apparated somewhere with Kalif as well. When they arrived it took her only a moment to figured that they were at the Snow Manor. Was Kalif seriously that upset over this Valere thing? Nicolette started to open her mouth but once she did Kalif released her arm and started to ask her something that made her eyes narrow darkly. "Excuse me? How dare you even suggest? What the hell is the matter with you? I told you it was nothing and he was way in the past! And how many times have you read my mind before?" Nicolette muttered to Kalif. Her tone lost all friendliness as anger began to take her. She loved him and since he was able to see into her mind she hoped he knew that. Of Nicolette and Kalif were around one another and she had the chance to be with him she would have fallen for him just the same. But there had been someone else in his past that he may have loved just as much so it wasn't like she would have had the chance. Nicolette did what she did because she had to, for her it was try to survive. Why would Kalif not trust her. "He's dead anyways." She would know. It was her fault he had been killed. Ever since then the Snows had wanted her life even more and had even come to call her as a traitor. The funny part was that she was will in and bound by blood to help the family so even after Valere's she was around. Crossing he arms over her chest and breathing out. Daring him to say something to her about that. She was already upset.

"Past or no, it is something horrid to attempt to get you to love them, and try to kill you over it. I don't consider that nothing more than what that lowlife Alexander had, and look at what happened to him," stated the Death Eater. Kalif folded his arms over his chest and he continued on saying, "He wasn't just a threat to the Death Eaters because that evidence was destroyed, but I viewed him as a threat to you." Kalif remembered the day of his death was when Cecily and Prodan were wed. Also a day that Kalif revealed that he had known the father of Damianos and Nicolas at the time, but Nicolas was rather hidden from them at the time. Not long after that, he forced her to be engaged and then repair her friendship with Cecily. Kalif rolled his eyes, "You are still as dense as you ever were," pausing for a moment to knock lightly on his wife's head with his right hand, "I don't read your mind all the time, because I feel that don't have to. You, I know without even knowing and know you wouldn't do anything. It is the other people that I don't trust." Though when he heard that Valere was already dead, an evil smirk curled along his lips, and without a single notice, he apparated off. He knew where Valere was. Now that he apparated off, he would let Nicolette mule over what he had just said to her. His tones used were cold, dark but rather void of anger. Kalif was sure that the Snow's would appreciate what he was going to do, which was provide a personal cremation.

Nicolette had to agree that it was horrid of a person to attempt, trying to make someone love you then turning on them if they didn't return them. It also brought back memories of Alexander and those muggle men who took advantage of her when she was much younger. But she was pretty sure that Kalif knew only of Alexander and Valere at this point, never did she think she would tell him of the other. Sparkly golden eyes widened in surprised when her husband revealed that Alexander wasn't really killed because he was a threat to the Death Eaters, but because it sounded from the way he told her that it was due to nothing more than jealous. "Alexander was killed..because you were...jealous?" Her heart swelled as well as her anger spiked just a little bit. Not because she cared the dead man or anything but because Kalif lied and had no told her this sooner, if she had know he was jealous she never would have been around Alexander and such. Was this why men were often attacked in her presence and such if they so much as looked at her wrong. In a way it was sort of cute too, seeing Kalif jealous even if it was scary. Kalif commented on Nicolette being dense before he knocked lightly on her head with his hand, she flinched just ever so lightly before she peered as his hand for a moment. "Yes but that doesn't mean you need to kill them Kalif wha-oh come on!" He apparated after giving an evil smirk. Her eyes narrowed before she huffed and hopped down on a loveseat in the room, or rather hallway at the Snow Manor. She was tempted to go home but she was unsure where her husband had gone and if she should leave him alone by himself. Nicolette would wait for him here. She was too busy thinking about what he said to her anyways. Whether or not he said it, she knew he cared. She knew he was protective, and it wasn't really until now that she learned that even things in the past could bring him to become protective. It was sweet but Nicolette worried that he would do something really bad. Her past would definitely need to be hidden, imagine the destruction then. Laying her head down on the arm of the couch she continued to worry over Kalif, she did all the time but here he could come to face with the Snows.

Apparating back, Kalif was wiping his gloved hands off with a damp rag he had conjured for himself, and he glanced around, making sure that no one lurked this hallway. That is, except Nicolette. His onyx eyes landed on her before he approached her on the couch. With a soft wave of his hand, the rag vanished as if it never existed. He had to clear things up with Nicolette before he would head home. Kalif stared down at his wife and said, "Alexander was not killed because I was jealous. I don't get jealous. He simply got on my nerves, tried to claim my kid - kids - as his own, threatened our kind and could not take a hint that you were off limits. Just so you know, I have my reasons for everything, but I only told you one because that was the main point: Alexander got on my nerves. And he was an idiot." Idiots like him in his opinion deserved to die. They were not doing the world any good when they were just lowing the average intelligence of the world by several points. Kalif folded his arms across his chest and it was clear in his face that he wanted to get back to his home. He really did not feel up to talking to anyone right now. Especially if they questioned why he was in their graveyard and why flames lit up a certain something. "I think now would be the best time to head home, before my sister arrives." If Nataliia caught him and Nicolette in the Snow Manor, she would probably talk them to death or something. He wanted to avoid that right now anyway.

Nicolette lifted her head and her eyes met with Kalif's for a moment before she sat up and stared at his hands. He was wiping them off on a damp rag and her eyes narrowed for a slight second. What had he done? Before she asked for said anything to him she knew they needed to head home and he also stated it. Reaching out she grabbed Kalif's arm and Apparated both of them off to the Styx Manor. She raised an eyebrow, the first thing he had said was that he didn't get jealous. "You weren't jealous, hm? So your saying if there had been some other man besides Alexander who was actually a decent human being...you wouldn't have cared if I was with him? And since when was I off limits back then?" Nicolette asked the last part with mild confusion. She wasn't off limits back then one bit back then because she wasn't married and she wasn't dating. Yes she was pregnant with Kalif's children at the time but she didn't actually belong to him until he had proposed to her and such. Nicolette flicked a strand of hair out of her face before she glanced back down at Kalif's hands. She remembered that before they left the Snow Manor she wanted to ask him something. Her arm reached out to grab a hold of his rest so she could poked his gloved hands with her fingers. "What did you do?" She pointed to his hands and hoped that he got the idea that she wanted to know what he had done to Valere's corpse. She still didn't understand fully why either but she figured that she wouldn't get the answer she wanted from her husband anyways.

This time, Nicolette did the apparating which was completely fine with Kalif. Though once they were back at their own place, he immediately made sure that they were no longer making physical contact. They were back in the living room, and Kalif went to sit down on the arm chair. Though it was surprising that he was amazingly calm by this. After cremating a corpse, Kalif had to slowly revert from his Death Eater self and back into his cold and collected composure. It was a slow process but this was also the state of mind when he was easily angered as well. One had to be careful because Kalif was a ticking time bomb. Kalif gestured offhandedly with the statement or question that Nicolette voiced, "Any other man, I would have to investigate him. And you were off limits the moment Damianos and Nicolas were formed, even if I did not like it then." The look in his eyes clearly said to drop the conversation, but he doubted that she would. At the time, it was only Damianos, and Nicolas was not even thought of. However, Kalif did hope that she would not bring up much of the past, including the way he proposed and such. And if she asked for him to do it properly, he might even have to apparate off somewhere where he would not be bothered with those questions. He waved her hands from his own and he narrowed his eyes at her. Kalif retorted with sarcasm dripping from his voice, "I sat down. But if you are referring to Valere... Let's just say that his body can now comfortably sit in an urn. I would not suggest opening that urn. Some of the bone fragments are not completely turned to ash."

Nicolette blinked and slowly grew a little more confused and if possible, just a little bit more annoyed with Kalif's response to her earlier statement. She wondered if he had any idea that he was making little sense to her. There was no reason a man had be investigated at all, and just because she was pregnant with his children didn't mean she had to be with him. Her eyes narrowed before she snorted and muttered something under her breath, something she was hoping Kalif wouldn't catch onto. Which was pretty much that he was acting like a stubborn brat right now. "Now see, if you weren't jealous and you didn't care..you would have just let me go. Your lying about something Kalif, I just wish you would actually admit it to yourself." She commented her eyes locking into his for a moment before she smirked and flicked some of her hair out of her face and let it fall back behind her shoulders. Kalif's sarcasm made her snort again, but his comment that came right after made her mouth drop just a little bit. He burnt Valere's bones until they were turned into ashes. Whether or not he intended to do that for her or not she found that to almost be one of the sweetest things he had ever done for her. Valere had caused her a lot of issues at one point and one thing she never wanted to live was the anger he showed her when she denied his proposal. A darker smirk took over Nicolette's lips. "Get up, your coming upstairs with me." Her arm latched onto Kalif's wrist as she gave a rough and demanded that he followed her. For starters she watched to teach him a lesson for lying to her and she also partially wanted to thank him for well, being who he was. And if he said no then he was probably going to get jumped on, which he hopefully knew. Niccy gave another tug on his wrists and tried to get him to stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back