Professor Kingsley was a little late. Thankfully, it wasn't some formal meeting which she had been expecting to get a summons to but a party instead. The Ancient Runes Professor could handle a party. She slipped into the courtyard, noting that the event was well under way. She recognized most of the people in the room, smiling as she headed to grab herself a drink.

Noelle received word of a professor's party and thought it would be a nice start to the term just before they would get busy with lessons and gradings. He did not know if there was a dress code but decided to dress casually. No need to be too formal despite knowing the new headmaster would be there. It certainly felt different to not see Prof. Alicastell around anymore. He arrived at the courtyard to see people already there and just in time for Prof. Haden to point to Prof. Ward being the newly appointed head. He smiled. He had classes with him as well as Alexis and Joshua. He spotted Mallory and decided to say hello to the woman. "Mallory, hi!", he smiled, seeing Prof. Aoki there as well. He smiled at the man as well. "Good evening, Prof. Aoki.", he greeted, picking up a drink at the same time. @Professor Mallory Corrins @Professor Hiro Aoki

Misha gave a little nod, ”That's true. Plus, you need to be able to handle discipline. Which sometimes at this school…can be tricky.” Students lived with one another with heads of houses, so if the student got all the way to the headmaster's office it was usually for something pretty terrible. ”But hey it's been a number of years since someone died, we should just aim that he'll continue that,” he replied with a little laugh. He smiled as she cheers-ed with him, and he took a sip of his drink. ”How was your break? Dreadfully boring without me down the hall?” he asked, joking a little with his last sentence.
@Isabella Romanes

Stefan gave a little smile to Elvera, and to the new History professor, whom he often saw in the library. He wasn't quite sure what her name was, perhaps he should ask his girls. They would know. Bran probably wouldn't know. He glanced at Maria as she approached him and gave a little smile. "Hi Maria," they'd been sharing the library space for a little while. He knew a little about her, and knew she was a good force at the school. "Yeah, though with all my kids at school, it wasn't too dissimilar from being here," he said with a little smile. "How was yours?"
@Maria Madison

Mallory giggled softly at his compliment, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Comfort is good," She agreed, looking up as Noelle appeared. She smiled at him, too. "I see you chose comfort tonight, too, Noelle," She teased him, sipping on her drink. "Somehow I thought this event would be a bit more formal." She mused, missing Atkin again. She wished she could spend more time with him. For now, though, she tried to focus on the men she was with. "I'm afraid I don't know the new headmaster very well. What do you two think?" She asked, curious. @Professor Noelle Maxwell @Professor Hiro Aoki

Adorah was surprised when another young person appeared and realized that they'd be working together. Why did she feel like everyone was super old when she was a student. "Right, I'm Adorah. Or Professor Zumwalt? This is all so new," she said before seeing a familiar face wave her way. "Excuse me," she said, excusing herself to say hello to her former head of house. "Hi Professor," she greeted with a little too much enthusiasm. It felt odd that they would temporarily be colleagues, but she really had enjoyed her interactions with the women. "How have you been?"

@Professor Norton Gillespie @Professor Kahurangi Josephs

Isabella nodded along, since she knew all about the discipline and such at this school. She heard rumors about how many died, the expulsions, the attacks. A little ridiculous for a school that was not even a hundred yet, let alone half that! Looking at the headmaster, she wondered if he had what it took. Isabella laughed softly at the morbid joke though, seeing as it was unexpected coming from him. "You really have some low standards there. It has been this long since no one has died. Might as well keep a daily streak of it up." Isabella could still hardly believe that joke, that she almost didn't hear what he asked next. She looked at him with a soft smile, but then shrugged, "If you count my kids keeping me young and not burning themselves on beverages... Yeah, pretty boring actually. What about yours?"
@Professor Misha Haden

Misha gave a little laugh, ”It's the lowest and easiest bar to clear,” he joked, which of course it was the lowest bar to clear. But it was something that he would need to try to do. The charms professor gave a little smile and nodded, ”Well, that seems like it might've been fun.” Misha replied since it was probably quite nice. ”Mine was equally boring. My daughter is pretty busy so I worked on my lesson plan, tidied, saw some old friends…,” he replied. He realized as he spoke that perhaps it would seem like his holiday had been exceedingly boring and lonely, which in part it had. ”But now we're back, with a new headmaster and a whole host of new minds to mould,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back