James Adams

OOC First Name
James
Sexual Orientation
Esmexual.
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
OOCOut of Character:
Ok, this is it, lets make it bigger than the food fight! Feel free to join with any characters you want, but only older students towards the end ;) . OSW! Oh and excuse the name, blame it on Emzies D: (but the only other alternative I could come up with was Who Dies Wins as a play on 'who dares wins', but then Esme might take it to heart :r
Nostalgia. That was the best word to sum up all of James' experiences over the past seven years. Seven years! Thinking back on all the memories caused a wave of emotion as he surveyed the scene before him. He had decided on the location near the lake to be away from most Professors, and it allowed ample space for the party itself. There were three long tables lined up near the bank, heaped with food (of course) and on a few of the trees were bright lanterns waiting to be lit once dark came. He had even used a few spells to rig together a small raft tied to a tree upon which rested a magical music box, amplified so that all could hear. The placement on the raft was deliberate in case somebody decided to sabotage the party by playing bad music; he hoped being on the water would discourage people. He had advertised the party by word of mouth as a celebration of all the graduates, but being there in the flesh waiting for people to actually arrive was slightly nerve wracking - it would be a bit embarrassing if nobody decided to turn up after all...

Graduation had been emotional but the highlight had been the Head girl, who had somehow largely eacaped Matthew’s attention for seven years, who looked incredible and easily made the best speech. Now James Adams was throwing a party down at the lake front which was a sure fire recipe for disaster so Matthew had to be there. "Hey James," Matthew called when he arrived and grabbed himself a drink.

James was beginning to wonder whether anyone would actually turn up; he had thought after all that his tendency to make trouble might draw people in, but then again he thought, it might easily push them away. Still, this was going to be a drama-free party. Right? Suddenly however he saw Matthew turn up, and he began to think that maybe others were around the corner. "Oh hey Matthew. Congrats on the Quidditch win by the way, Ravenclaw played well this season. And before you ask, I fully intend to make this party normal. There's going to be nothing bad happening here. Well, apart from the truth and dare, but that's later."

Matthew smiled as he took a sip of his drink and listened to James talk about the party. Normal akd nothing crazy he said. The truth or dare however peaked his interest. "Truth or dare you say, I don't suppose you know if the head girls coming here do you?" He asked nonchalantly sipped his drink.

Typical Matthew, thought James. From what he'd heard about him, he seemed to have been through rather a few relationships, and not all had been good. But of course that was all rumour; it was highly unlikely that so old a boy would court so young a girl, right? Definitely rumour, he hoped. Now it seemed he was after Clara, and he laughed. "Just out of school and you're already trying to get off with the ladies, eh? Anyway, I thought you had someone?"

Matthew laughed at James' comment about him being after after the ladies. "Hey did you see her at graduation? Plus she's recently single so you know, perfect timing," He grinned. It felt strange talking about girls to a guy because he so rarely did. It had felt like Alana was his only friend the last year or so. When James mentioned that he thought he might have someons he shrugged his shoulders. "I did, or I didn't I don't really know, but it's over whatever it was,"

As Matthew spoke and James got ready to reply, he looked around him slightly furtively just to make sure Dom wasn't going to appear before him suddenly. Nobody could say that he was anything less than loyal."Well, ok, yeah she was quite good. Or very good. Or stunning. But hey, she's out of my league! Oh I see. Definitely chasing her then..." He winked at him, then laughed. As the topic moved on, he shrugged slightly. "Oh, sorry mate. I didn't realise. There was one time where I thought my thing with Dom was over, but apparently she was just avoiding me as a joke! Must say I was slightly annoyed at the time. Still am to be fair!"

Avie resurfaced from the water, and stared at the little party which had no been there when Avie had started swimming, he didn't know what it was for, but from the looks of there were two older students, one he knew from quidditch and the other he didn't know at all. Maybe it was an end of year party for graduation. The slytherin boy had only one more year before he too would be out in the world, and honestly the thought petrified the boy, he had no idea what he was going to do, he would stick by Esme and Lucien until he figured something out, but the teen secretly hoped he would just live forever like peter pan, forever playing, or even one of the lost boys, just having fun every day. The slytherin swam towards the bank, a hope mop of seaweed upon his head, and he noticed closest to the bank was the food, so he continued up, crawling and keeping hidden until he reached the table, Rockie that had been within his hidden few things at the lake side, came to life and ran over to his side, as he crept up, slowly standing until he could see over the table to the food, Avie reached a wet hand and arm, to the closest thing he could grab and stuffed the food in his mouth with a little giggle at his own stealth, ignoring the two boys talking.

Clara couldn't believe she was actually leaving the school. Seven years seemed like forever when they first started, but before she knew it, it was all over. The Head Girl had spoken her last in front of the school, she had no more duties but the NEWTS, but her brain could not focus. She knew that there was going to be a party, so with all her confidence, Clara made her way down to the Lakefront. The blonde was glad that the weather had held up and was actually decent. She'd asked Maya to go with her, but it was completely up to her whether she would come or not. Clara wasn't sure how long she'd stay, she hadn't made many friends and wasn't the best conversationalist. The Hufflepuff slowed her pace when she got closer, running a nervous hand through her curly hair. Now that she was here, the butterflies in her stomach picked up their pace. There wasn't that many people there, and she was feeling awkward already. Clara moved slowly to the food table, keeping her gaze down before she saw Avie, looking like a drowned rat. Clara giggled. "Avie, you have seaweed on your head."

Something like this was definitely not Vladimir Zhefarovich's scene. Something like this without his girlfriend anyway, but he had only one reason to be here. That was to promote the pure-bloods, in a subtle way. If one could call it that. Vladimir saw who he wanted to speak with, despite thinking that she was definitely not the strongest of the pure-bloods. But, she was with the one that managed to be good friends with Lucien for some reason. Vladimir didn't know how Lucien could befriend someone like that, but treat a fellow pure-blood like trash. Vladimir approached the two, before folding his arms across his chest. He looked to Clara, before saying in a cool voice, "Mind if I have a word?" He looked to Avie before he said in an even more chilling tone, "Alone."

Suddenly he noticed that the two head people were appearing, almost as if they had arrived together, but as they neared him, he was distracted by a slightt giggle from behind. Turning around he saw Avie with seaweed on his head and laughed; he hadn't really been expecting someone to appear from behind the lake! Saying hello to him, he turned back around and greeted the other two. "Hello both, nice to see you down here." Then, since Vladimir seemed quite serious, he added to him "I know it's probably rather important, but hey, it's a party, don't be too serious!" Then in an aside to Matthew, "Oi oi, looks like someone's in luck mate."

Matthew shook his head then nodded. Well I wouldn't say chasing, this is more like a hail mary, its today or bust so we'll see how it goes," He shrugged his shoulders. He heard a giggle and both he and James looked over and saw that Avie had showed up at the party and was joined by Clara and the head boy Vladamir. She had actually showed up, once James had played his role of host he came back to Matthew and made his comment about him being in luck. "Dude she's actually here, ok hang fire she's talking to the man of many words over there, I'll let him do his thing then I'm making my move,"

Avie was happily munching on the food, keeping himself just a little below the tables height as he ate, thinking that he was the picture of stealth and never going to be caught by the other students, not that he thought they'd mind unless it was super important, but his name and a statement was spoken in front of him, and the boy looked up and smiled at the girl, Clara, he was pretty sure she and Lucien were no longer doing that disgusting little kissing thing all over the place, but he still liked her. At the statement, he just reached up and touched his head where the seaweed was and then smiled easily, "It's my disguise," he told her, looking up at her with the easy and child-like smile on his face. He waved happily at the quidditch captain as he wanted to speak with Clara, "Don't worry Clara, I'll make sure there is food left," he assured her, standing up a little more so that he could see all the food on the table. He was very quickly realising he wasn't that stealthy and everyone could see through the seaweed disguise which had been a lie, more that the boy had just not realised he had seaweed on his head. But he gave the gryffindor seeker a small glare, a hardly menacing look from him, but what he thought was necessary to remind him that he was on Esme's side of whatever they were, and while still following the other seeker with that look he reached out and grabbed more food, stuffing it quickly into his mouth.

His duty as a host done for the time being, he turned around and increased the volume of the music a little more to be heard over the growing chatter at the party. Then as he turned back once more he laughed. "Better not muck it up then mate, would be a bit embarrassing if you do it with everyone watching." Then as a joke, he half ducked behind Matthew and wolf-whistled so it would look like he wasn't the one doing it. Straightening up, he attempted to look innocent and nudged Matthew. "I shouldn't worry about him, I'm sure she has eyes only for you." He noticed Avie and half turned to him, before smiling warmly at him, although he received a glare in return. He attempted to look frightened to reassure him that he was in fact very intimidating.

Clara giggled again at Avie's comment about the seaweed being his disguise. He was such a lovely kid, Clara wished that she did get to know him more. She was glad that he wasn't put off her because she wasn't with Lucien anymore. Before much more was able to be said, Vladimir's familiar cool voice spoke and she turned to see he was talking to her. Clara nodded her head, though not really wanting to speak with him, and completely unsure about what she had done wrong in order for him to want to speak to her out of his own free will. Clara smiled at James who greeted them, and then in turn to Avie who said he would keep her some food, though with her stomach in the state of nerves that it was, she wasn't sure she'd be able to eat. Clara walked a short distance with Vladimir, away from the party, ignoring the wolf whistle. The blonde didn't say anything but she turned to look at the Head Boy, her arms folded, not quite meeting his gaze.

Seven years was a long time; yet to Matilda, they had flown past like they were attached to the end of a firebolt. The little part-goblin was the last Undersee to graduate from Hogwarts New Zealand, though she didn't doubt more would follow her when Rue settled down. She had always wanted children. Since her sorting all those years ago, Matilda had grown an entire four inches, and she was proud of every one of them. Being so tiny had had its disadvantages, but she minded less now than ever before, because she was actually graduating, and that meant she was preparing to put down the last chapter of her school life and pick up the new one out in the wide world. What would she do? The possibilities were quite endless. But before she made any decisions, she planned on visiting her two cousins, Nephrolepis and Rue. Maybe her visit to France would even assist with the next part of her journey.

There was a graduation party at the lakefront, apparently - Matilda didn't tend to keep up with that sort of thing - and, thinking it might be a nice way to see off her final term, she put on a loose, glittery shirt, goblin-tailored jeans, and some sparkly sandals, and headed off in search for it. It wasn't hard to find. A small gathering of seventh (and sixth) years had already formed down on the grass. Spotting a fellow Ravenclaw upon whom she had a slight crush (not that he would ever be interested in her), Matilda felt her cheeks warm, and she approached said boy from behind, only reaching his forearms in height. She gave one of them a poke, and said sheepishly, "Hi, Matthew. It's-a nice to see you a-here. I do not-a know this James person very well, but I know who you are." Actually, quite a lot of people were familiar with Matthew (and his tonsils), but that was besides the point. Because it was the end of term, and Matilda was liable to bursts of unprecedented confidence when there wasn't much risk of it backfiring, she added, "Actually, I think you're really, really cute," and then clapped her hand over her mouth in shock. "OmgoshI'msosorry, Ihavenoideawherethatcamefrom!"

After the little one finally went away, Vladimir sighed, and placed a pale hand over his forehead. Well, at least Clara was going to hear him out, when she had no reason to. Walking away from the party, ignoring the wolf whistle that was clearly for the Head Girl. Vladimir uttered, "Some have no class." Vladimir stepped so that he was in front of her, so that they could have a conversation. He stared down at her, with his onyx eyes looking as though they were full of judgment. He did notice that she was not meeting his gaze. "Clara, I think you need to reconsider your choices after you graduate. I heard from the obvious that you are a pure-blood." Vladimir paused for a moment, to allow this to sink in. "After my daughter is born, I'd like to show you into the culture of pure-bloods. Showing you something like this should give you a little more pride into your roots." He knew that she was not really confident, but this may help her. He normally didn't want to step in and help people, but Lucien was out of line when it came to a pure-blood.

Matthew was preparing his mortified face when James wolf whistled Clara in an attempt to get her attention. It didn't work, whatever Vladimir wanted it must have been important. Members of the Zhefarovich family really were proving to be the bane of his existence. "Dude, great plan," Matthew's attention was on the Head boy and girl for long though as he felt someone poke him from behind. He turned and looked dead ahead, there was no one there, then he realised the poke had come a little lower down. "Hey Mati," He smiled at the girl. He knew her about as well he knew every other Ravenclaw seventh year, which was not very, but she had always been nice so he was always happy to talk to her. She didn't know James, which was hard to believe as he was infamous after some of the stunts he had pulled during his tenure as prefect. What the girl said next though really threw him for a six. She thought he was cute, and he was guessing from the amount of nervous emphasis she had put on it, it wasn't the 'oh your so cute but I don't see you that way' cute. This was a very delicate situation, but also strange, he had spent the afternoon thinking about how to make a move on Clara now Matilda was...what, expressing her deeply held feelings for him? Timing...

"Mati I don't know what to say... you've barely said more than two words to me in seven years," Though now that he said it out loud that statement made total sense if her feelings were something she had had before now. "How much firewhiskey have you had Mati?" He asked hoping it was a drunken outburst, they were far easier to dance around.

Lux wasn't planning on going to the party for the rest of the graduates as she hardly knew them but feeling tired of her dorm room, she decided she might as well see who was there. If it truly ended up being terrible she felt certain that at least one of her classmates could end up making the evening fun with a little contraband. She hardly knew, though. The Slytherin easily found the group and as she arrived she heard someone whistle at a blonde girl she had only seen in class but knew to be the head girl. Anger rose to Lux's cheeks at how rude this person could be so she snapped at him, "Hey! Have some respect!" She glared at the boy for the other blonde because while she didn't know the girl, Lux firmly believed in supporting other girls against disgusting boys such as the Gryffindor she had never spoken to prior to tonight. If he dared say anything again she would have no qualms about teaching him a lesson on how to treat women because she was not going to stand for another person being cat called and wolf whistled in her presence.

Clara felt her cheeks redden as Vladimir made a comment about the whistle, and she heard a girl that had joined the party call out on her behalf. She'd rather it have just been ignored, she was an awkward person as it was, and this was definitely not helping. It wasn't like she was going off with Vladimir to do anything, he had his girlfriend and Clara had her plans, so she wasn't sure why they whistled at them. As the Head Boy started talking, Clara's eyes flicked up to his, her head tilted. She wasn't entirely sure where this conversation had come from, or why he was being so kind to her, at the end of their seven years, of all times. Clara wasn't that prejudice, but she knew that the Zhefarovich family was, and that they were strict about their bloodlines. Clara wondered what her choices were supposed to be, or what exactly he even meant. She wasn't even really sure what to expect but nodded her head anyway. "Okay, yeah, sure, that sounds - uh - great." Clara also wasn't even aware he was having a baby. "I didn't know you were pregnant - oh no - gosh, I mean, um having a daughter." Clara managed to get out. "When is she due?" If Vladimir was being nice now, she wasn't going to run from it, and was going to squeeze as much niceness out of him she could get.

Vladimir didn't think that was going to go as well as he thought, but she agreed almost immediately. Vladimir was about to ask if she knew what he meant, which was going to pure-blood parties that would Athena were often in a while before she was pregnant with Drakon's kid, from what he heard. Then she said that he was pregnant, and his eyebrow raised. That was an interesting thing. Vladimir shrugged his shoulders, "I thought anyone would have noticed that Belladonna looked as though she swallowed a quaffle." Vladimir was almost worried about Clara because anyone would have seen it. Was she that oblivious. "She's due at any time now. We decided to name her Antonia Belle. In case that was your next question."

As Matilda approached, James had to pause for a few seconds, not knowing quite who she was. Most people knew him, but sadly he couldn't say the same in return. Seeing as Avie was off with seaweed, Clara and Vladimir were off having a lovers' chat, and a slytherin girl had just started impaling him with words against his wolf whistle, it seemed he was on his own for a few moments. Turning to Matthew, he replied "Somebody's popular, I think I might just leave you to have a nice loving chat on your own." Then turning away, he crouched behind a table to inspect the special surprise he had packaged underneath a black cloth so as to not be seen. He touched the sides of the large box, and as he crouched, he listened intently to how Matthew was going to reply. Gee, fire-whiskey. This was clearly going well, so he began to wonder how he might help his newfound friend. Although, he was equally tempted to prank him instead...

Matilda looked down at the grass to hide her blush. She hadn't expected Matthew to take the news of her admiration for him well, but she had hoped. Rather, he'd almost explicitly asked her if she were drunk. This was why she had never worked up the courage to mention it before. But despite herself, she giggled; Matthew's words could easily have been perceived as his thinking girls would have to be drunk to find him cute. Obviously this wasn't what he'd meant, but Matilda found it amusing anyway. Eventually she looked back up, which was quite a long way, what with her being so vertically challenged. "I've seen-a you looking at Clara," she admitted ruefully, after James had said something she couldn't hear and wandered away. "She is very beautiful. Are you going to say hello?" Matilda noticed that the girl Matthew clearly had his eye on was currently talking to the head boy. Perhaps that was why he was only watching from afar. She sighed. Maybe if she'd been faster in expressing her feelings for Matthew, instead of watching pathetically from afar, she might not have been too late.

Jean wasn't going to turn down at an opportunity for free food and the chance to spend the day outside of the castle. Heading down to the lake, Jean spotted a few familiar faces. The Head Boy and Girl were in the middle of a deep discussion and James was off looking at...something. From this angle, he couldn't tell what it was. Moving on, Jean reached the food table and reached for a couple of grapes. As he popped one into his mouth and turned with his back to the lake facing the group, Jean spotted Avie who was seated practically under the table. "Good hiding spot, Avie" he murmured out of the side of his mouth, figuring that's what the guy was doing. He had seaweed in his hair and was dripping wet.

From atop the North Tower, it's view overlooking the Hogwarts Grounds, Esme stood in silent contemplation of the events taking place below. From there, she could just make out the light of lanterns, and the silhouettes of students gathering around the Lakefront. Of course, the Slytherin witch had heard of James' plan for a little party for the graduates. After all, she seemed to wind up involved in his poor ideas, in the past both by choice and without. This one didn't sound as disastrous as anything he'd come up with before - and while the Lancaster barely acknowledged the majority of graduates, there were a small, very small few she tolerated - her team captain being one of those. So, as she stood alone, the cold wind in her hair and her fingertips tapping idly on the carved wood of her broomstick she retained on her person from an earlier Quidditch practice, she tossed up the idea of attending - no, crashing the Adams boy's party. Aeon suggested she interact more with her fellow students, and the girl wanted to respect his wishes, even if they weren't exactly as he liked. At that thought, she let out a small sigh and mounted her broom side-saddle, allowing herself to glide down toward the watery edges of the lake. It was the end of the year - she might as well make the most of it.

Lazily descending on the group gathered from above, with an expression that suggested she were only there as she had nothing better to do, the Lancaster girl looked across the present students. Avie, off to the side with Lesser Lucien, and her team captain, were the only ones who particularly stood out. Everyone else she wouldn't have troubled to give the time of day. But there was one person in particular that seemed to be missing, until she finally noticed him crouched down behind a table, fiddling with...something. "Not another batch of fireworks there I should hope, Adams. For your sake." Esme announced as she stopped her descent, the tips of her shoes floating a good few feet from the grassy earth. If there were indeed fireworks, she had no intention of setting them off again, she wasn't stupid enough to try a second time, but that wouldn't stop her from messing with the Gryffindor prefect in another fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back