OOC First Name
Teigs
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
In an Open Relationship
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Rigid Cherry Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Rowan hadn't put as much effort into her halloween costume this year as she had previous years, but a lot of that had to do with the fact that she wasn't originally going to go. After everything with Elio, it was the last thing on her mind to do, but, as it turned out, she and Elio were starting to turn things around and since the talk in the Hospital Wing, her mood had greatly improved. They were talking again, and that was a start. It wasn't the relationship from before, maybe it never would be and, honestly, that friendship had started mostly out of a lie, so she knew this was never going to be the same as before, but she was happy just to have Elio in her life again. Even if they weren't best friends, and she honestly wasn't sure what they were at the minute, but she was just happy to have him in her life. Her costume, Maleficent, was a bit more revealing in the way of skin tonight. She'd managed to hide her tattoo a little bit under the fake tattoos Elsie's helped her draw and she still wasn't comfortable with her camera in her hands, but, things were going a little better for her and she was hoping that they would get back to normal soon. She entered the great hall and awed at the sight, as she normally did. She hadn't come with Elsie tonight, like she normally would. She was in something of a mood and she thought it best left alone. But she did hover close by in case she was needed.​

Alice was only vaguely familiar with the character she was dressed as, but had been unable to resist the beautiful costume. She was especially enjoying the wig, and it made her wonder how she would look if she dyed her hair blond. She was hoping to to see Blake at the party, but wasn't even sure if he would be coming. Alice would be happy to speak to any of her friends too, and kept an eye out for Ava. But the first familiar person Alice spotted was someone she didn't really know that well. She was one of her classmates, and Alice decided to approach her. It would be nice to get to know her classmates a bit better. "Hi Rowan, nice costume. Are you a demon?" She asked the Gryffindor girl.

Rowan hadn't really been expecting to see anyone speaking to her, especially since she'd been brushing people off left, right and centre, so when she'd heard a voice she wasn't unfamiliar with, she'd been a bit surprised. She had kind of assumed that everyone hated her after the whole Elio thing, but perhaps she'd made more of it than everyone else had. Alice wasn't a friend, so she hadn't had the chance to brush her off yet. Perhaps this would work out for the better? "Oh, hey Alice." She said, smiling lightly. Her costume looked amazing. "No, well... not really. I guess, technically I'm a fairly." She said, tugging on her horns slightly for emphasis. "I'm a character from a Muggle Story, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty." She carefully appreciated Alice's outfit. "You look brilliant though, did you make this or buy it?" She asked, gesturing to the dress.​

Alice smiled at the Gryffindor, glad it seemed like she wasn't bothering her. She listened as she explained her costume, nodding. "You look like a very fierce fairy, then." She said with a grin. "I like it!" She looked down at her own costume, then back at the other girl with a pleased smile. "I bought this, I definitely can't make something like this." She admitted. "I've never tried to make clothes or anything. Did you make this yourself?" She asked, gesturing to Rowan's costume again.

"Great, totally what I was going for!" She said, bending her arms into a power pose. "I don't look much like the real deal from the movies though, but eh, it is what it is." She said, inspecting one of the fake tattoos to notice it was smudging a bit. Oh well, it wasn't like she'd let them dry and they weren't real, well, not these ones. "Most of this is stuff I already had, but Elsie helped me put it all together. She's the creative one I... just... take pictures, you know, sometimes." She hadn't touched her camera in well over six months and she wasn't sure when she would again. The stuff that Elio said in the Hospital Wing had gotten to her too, now all she could think about was how she always needed that perfect scene for her photos. It got into her head and she couldn't shake it. "Did you come to Halloween last year?"

Last edited:
Alice shrugged. "It still looks good!" She insisted. "And I bet almost no one here has seen the movie." She added with a smile. Not many wizarding kids would have seen many movies. Alice herself had only seen a handful in her youth. "You're lucky you have a sister to help with that stuff." Alice said with a laugh. "Diana could do my makeup, but only when she feels like it." Alice was pretty good at getting things from her older sister when she needed, but it still was always a little tricky if she was in a bad mood, which was fairly often. "I didn't know you take pictures. Like Vader?" She asked, looking around to see if she could spot the boy anywhere. She returned her gaze to Rowan at the question and nodded. "I did, I was the Mad Hatter last year, from Alice in wonderland. Were you?"

Rowan did a little bit of a twirl for Alice as she said it still looked good. She definitely appreciated the compliment. "Thank you. You're probably right. My parents like a lot of muggle things, so my siblings and I have had a lot to do with the muggle world, especially since my parents... my mum is a dancer." Her Dad technically wasn't a dancer anymore, not since he'd been injured. He still danced sometimes, but not professionally, he couldn't. Rowan's smile widened as Alice mentioned her own sister. She mostly knew of Diana through other people, Zennon mostly, but she didn't think the two were all that close, or she was sure she'd have heard more. Not to mention the Holland's were all kind of famous now, their mother being the Minister and everything. "Elsie is... well she's a bit temperamental about that sort of thing sometimes. She can get pretty shy," her sister wasn't very confident in her own abilities and it was honestly such a shame. She was so talented with art. Her smile faltered though when Alice mentioned Vader, which only made her think about Elio. She didn't know much about Vader, only what she knew from Elio and generally just being in the same house together. "Uh, yeah... I guess. I don't really know him that well though," she told Alice, self consciously moving her arms in front of her and rubbing her arm as if to warm herself up. Though it wasn't cold. She looked up slightly when Alice spoke again. "Oh, yeah I know the Mad Hatter, I was Rapunzel. I won Best Overall costume too, that was pretty cool." She felt like the mood had soured a little though, maybe she shouldn't have come. She liked talking to Alice, but everything was still raw. She still needed time to heal, she was still in limbo with a lot of things.​

Alice clapped for Rowan after her little twirl, listening with interest as she told her more about her parents. "My parents are both magical, from magical families. My mother appreciates and respects muggles a lot, but we didn't grow up with a ton of their culture." She explained. "That's so interesting, that your mother is a dancer. Do you dance as well?" It was strange, realizing how little she really knew about her classmates. All she knew about Rowan was that she had two siblings at Hogwarts, a twin in their year and a brother in Diana's year. She nodded as Rowan told her a bit more about Elsie. She remembered her at the study group last year, and seemed to recall her being pretty shy then. When Rowan mentioned not knowing Vader that well, Alice smiled. "He's great." She said earnestly. "He works very hard on Accio, and he's pretty busy. But he's a good friend, and talented photographer." Alice gasped when Rowan reminded her of her costume from last year. "I remember that! You looked so beautiful!" She said, remembering her costume very well now. "Did Elsie help you with that one too?" It made Alice a little sad, hearing that. She had three older sisters, and she now missed her oldest two even more. Rose and Phoebe would have helped her out, but it was difficult to do stuff with Diana. She seemed to think everything Alice came up with was childish, and was not afraid to let Alice know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back