Head Full of Questions

Derv chucked his plate in the bowl then leaned on the bar by Rio. "Come on slow poke. We'll have to feed your food to Madge if you don't speed up." He laughed at Rio's sudden increase in speed then waved his wand for the dishes to start washing themselves.

Melody laughed as Dervish playfully spoke with his son. She just meant against the bar and watched Dervish and Rio, Rio really did look like his father. " Ready to go guys?" She laughed asking them.

Derv took Rio's plate and let him go and put his shoes on. "Yep, we're ready." Derv loved being a dad but it could be hard work sometimes. It took a lot of getting used to. He walked out the door and along the road to where he knew the ice cream parlour was.

Melody smiled as the little boy put his shoes on, he was so cute. " I'm gone next week for a big fashion show in Paris, would you two like to join me?" She asked as they stepped put of the house.

Derv shook his head. "I'd love to but I have to work." It would have been quite easy for him to get out of his library chores but he was mentoring a death eater in training and he didn't want to let the boy down by cancelling sessions.

Melody nodded, she understood. " Alright, maybe next time." The brunette grinned at him. She walked alongside Dervish, paying attention to him, as well as the scenery. Mel had never been in this area, and it was quite nice.

Derv held Rio's hand with one hand while the other sat comfortably around Melody's hip. "I'd love to when I get a chance. I've never seen one before, only heard about them." Derv turned into the parlour. "What ice cream do you want??"

Melody put her arm on Dervish's side as they turned into the ice cream parlor. Melody looked at the flavors, " I think that I'll have vanilla." She nodded assuringly.

Derv walked over to the counter and order a vanilla for Melody, a strawberry for himself and a chocolate for Rio before turning around and handing them out. "Shall we eat them here or in the park??"

Melody looked at Rio, " I think that we should eat in the park." She smiled over at Dervish. The brunette took hold of his side again as they left the parlor and headed for the park. It was interesting to Mel how everything was here, it fascinated her.

Melody laughed as Rio ran about. He was just the cutest little boy to be seen. Melody followed Dervish to where Rio was sat and took a seat right next to them. In the distance the brunette could see a playground, but of course she knew that Rio would see that quickly.

Rio tried to finish his ice cream as fast as possible so he could go and play. He knew Dervish wouldn't let him play with food. "Slow down Tyke. Don't want to hurt Mr Belly now do we??" Derv ruffled Rio's hair a bit before carrying on with his ice cream.

Melody laughed at Rio, mostly because she did the same thing when she was a kid. " Sometimes I really miss the days of being a kid." She sighed as she nearly finished her ice cream.

Derv nodded in agreement when he saw Rio jump off the bench and run over to the climbing frame and slide. "You and me both. When I was younger I only had two siblings. Believe me, it's loads easier than nine."

Melody nodded her head, it was true. Even with two siblings for her, it was a crazy household. " Even with my two brothers, it was the craziest household ever, I think with what they thought me, I could fight off an army." She laughed. Melody watched Rio playing on the slide, he was just too cute. She wanted children like that some day, those who listened and were cute at the same time.

Dervish laughed. "Don't speak too soon. You haven't been attacked by any of my siblings. They come in groups and aim for one person. I was a main target because they all loved being able to take down their oldest and strongest sibling." He'd gotten used to it over the years and they all gave up once he started hearing them coming and pounced before they could.

Melody laughed at his comment, " Well.. even going to Durmstrang doesn't prepare you for something like that." She pushed her hair back. " You think that you can take Melody Thomas on?" She asked playfully.

Dervish laughed at Melody. "You think I can't??" He crossed his arms defensively once he finished his ice cream. He had no doubt he could beat her but he was gonna go easy for that exact reason.

Melody nodded her head, " I think I can take you on." She laughed, taking the last bite of her ice cream. " What are you going to do about it?" Mel smiled at Dervish.

Dervish had a cheeky grin on his face. "You're going to regret saying that." He jumped up and grabbed her round the waist before flinging her over his shoulder and holding her there.

Melody laughed like a crazy person when Dervish put her on his shoulder, she knew what to do, but it was a bit complicated. The brunette kicked one leg over to land on both feet. " I didn't even know I was that flexible." Melody shrugged her shoulders. The brunette ran off from Dervish and climbed in the nearest tree laughing at him from ten feet above.

Dervish laughed as he watched Melody run off. He looked at where she was and instead of using his energy to run there, he apparated so he was sitting next to her on the branch. "You can't outrun me like that." He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close."

Melody smiled as she put her hands on Dervish's, " Melody can do lots." The brunette laughed. " What shall we do later on?" Mel asked turning her face to see his face.

Dervish shrugged his shoulders. "Only time can tell." He never planned out his day unless he had work to do in which case he had to so he could remember to do it. "We could go to a restaurant or something??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back