Harri and Belle

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
((Wooops ignore the title! It's just flying =)) ))

Harri walked eagerly out onto the pitch her firebolt clutched tightly in her hand she was about to mount it when she decided to have a sit down first, she sat on the spongy grass and stared into the beautiful blue sky, she thought about how fantastic this year was going to be and looked around wondering if anyone from the other schools would come out to practise their own flying.

Alex had walked to the pitch glad Nina wasn't anywhere to be seen. He wanted to practise his flying for one strange urge so that's what he was going to do. he had already secretely been flying back home but well, it would be different here. He saw Harr and waved smiling. 'Hey harri,'he said whilst looking round for the cuboard. he spotted it and walked over getting the best looking one out. They were in better condition then the ones back home, that was for sure.

"Hey Alex!" Harri said bounding over to him, "Did you not bring your own broom?" she asked as she arrived next to him.

Alex laughed as he walke dout the cuboard again. 'I would of've if I had one. I'm not the one who has money to dish out on a broom. All the monay I earn is spent on other things,'he said smiling. 'Nice broom by the way,'Alex said nodding to her broom.

Harri smiled "yeah same, I only got this because my uncle paid for it!" she said gesturing the firebolt. "So, how are things?" she asked mounting her broom and pushing off.

Alex smiled and mounted his broom as well, kicking off. 'Fine actually. I haven't been attacked yet for my jokes so it must be a good sign.'he smiled hovering a bit off the ground. 'How are things with you then?'he asked her.

Harri laughed, "I like you jokes!" she said grinning, "Oh yeah I'm good thanks, still trying to get to know all the first years! Everytime I go into the common room there seems to be another one there!" she said laughing, "So do you like flying then?" she asked doing her trademark loopthe loop.

Alex watched smiling and amazed at her trick she did. He shook his head. 'No, I hate it but well, I'm not going to be the only fourth year who can't fly so I guess I bette rget practising,'he said smiling before flying forward fluidly now even though he still gripped on.

Harri smiled "Why don't you like flying?" she asked "No let me guess, your such a brilliant runner you don't need to fly!" she said rolling her eyes but laughing.

ALex laughed. 'No, I just don't like the feeling of my feet of the ground,'Alex said smiling. He flew faster until he was next to her. he braked quickly which was much better since he was a first year.

"So you scared?" she said grinning wickedly, joking of course. "Hows Nina?" she asked, she had grown quite fond of her though they had only met twice.

''She's ok last time I spoke to her. Fine,'Alex said smiling before grinning. 'Who says I'm scared? I have actually improved loads here so don't mock me,'Alex said jokingly.

Harri smiled "Yeah you seem a good flyer to me!" she said grinning then descending "So we never had our jogging session, so let's see if your faster on land then you are on that!" she shouted up laughing and pointing at the broom he was flying, she put her broom out of the way and waited to see whether he would fly down or not.

Alex smiled takign the bet. He flew down almsot vertically and braked, landing gently, banishing the broom away to the cuboard. 'Ok, where to madmoisela?'he asked putting on a french accent.

Harri laughed at Alex's vertical dive, then raised one eybrow "To the other side, by the posts," she said pointing to the quiditch hoops. "On your marks, get set, GOOOOOO!"

Alex smiled before judging the distance. it was about 800 metres, maybe more. He smiled waiting till she started off running before he started. He wasn't running flat out yet though, but was just keeping in time with her so he wouldn't use all his energy out yet.

Harri set off, she was keeping a steady pace, she didn't want to be flat out before the end! Her face was set into determination and her eyes, which were normally blue but had a funny habit of changing were now green, were sparkling. She noticed Alex was running right next to her, obviously not running his fastest, once they had run about 400 m she speed up a little, not noticably just enough to keep steadily increasing.

Alex smiled, laughing a bit as he noticed her face. He smiled as he noticed that since he was keepign in line with her he was going slightly faster. He shook his head smiling before putting his speed up two knotches till he was running a happy medium instead of jogging. He now overtook Harri and smiled. he wasn't even getting tired yet.

"Oiii!" Harri said as Alex crept in front of her, she sped up easily coming out of a jog and into a run, she was pleased that she wasn't even out of breath, her gymnastics must have kept her healthy, she grinned and fell into step with him again, "Your not getting away that easy!" she said stepping her pace up a notch, her face now spread into a smile, she was really quite enjoying a bit of healthy muggle competition.

'Ohh, poo. And that's me doing my fastest here,'Alex joked smiling. He laughed as he fell in line with her again. he noticed the space left. About a hundred metres. he was sue of it. He stepped out of his run into a sprint and ran the hundred metres easily from experience before that it only took him 18 seconds at the most to run it and that was on a bad day.Today was one of those good days. He stopped out next to the pole, leaning on his knees, getting his blood pumping normally after his sprint., smiling. 'Good race,'he said

Harri sprinted as fast as she could for the last hundred metres but she was no match for Alex, she was a little out of breath and stood still untill her breathing slowed "Woah! I know you said you were fast but I didn't know you were that fast!" she said grinning at him "That was amazing!" she said, her had easily sprinted that last bit in under 20 seconds, something she had never achieved, "Am I ever going to beat you at anything?" she moaned, her green eyes shining with amusmant.

Alex smiled and straightened up. 'Thanks. That wasnae fast mind. I know plenty of people faster than that,'Alex said, being modest as always almost. He smiled though. 'Do want me to make a list of all the things you've beaten me at so far?'he asked jokingly getting ready to make a lsit.

Harri shook her head "Too modest for your own good! That was pretty amazing and you know it!" she said nudging him playfully, she laighed "Sure sure! Cause here's another for your list" she said laughing "Gymnastics!" she said before doing a double backflip followed by two handsprings landing perfectly then taking a bow to the empty stands laughing. These moves didn't come easy mind you she had trained good and hard for 8 years!

Ale smiled before watching her do a backflip and handsprings all at once. He clapped grinning. 'Wow, you know, I'm surprised you can't run fast when you can do things like that,'he joked smilng.

"Thank you!" Harri said happily, then nudged him "Oii cheeky!" she said laughing "I'm not that slow," she added, then sat on the grass patting the ground beside her "What you wearing to the halloween feast?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back