OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper had been a bit bored lately, and finding an old pack of canary creams in his trunk over the break had given him an idea. Hogwarts needed some livening up, and Jasper was the person to do it. He'd taken the canary creams with him, and was now lounging around on the second floor looking for a victim someone to pass by he could talk into trying one.

Harper was walking down the corridor on her way to the Gryffindor dorms. But as she approached one of the staircases, it swung away from her, leaving her to gape at the empty space in front of her. "Never mind then," she muttered. Harper took a step back and leaned against a bit of railing next to the landing, drumming her fingers on the rail. Now what? She couldn't decide if it'd be faster to find an alternative route or to wait for the staircase to come back.

Jasper looked up as a girl got stuck, waiting on the stairs. He grinned a bit and approached her. "Yeah, they do that sometimes." He said with a small shrug. "Want a snack while you wait?" He asked innocently, holding out a canary cream.

Harper glanced to her side to see an older student approach her. Perfect! Maybe he'd know a better route. Before she could speak, he offered her a snack, and she stared at him in surprise. "Oh, uh, maybe?" she said with a confused smile as she tried to figure out if she knew him. Why else would he be so nice? Her gaze flickered toward the biscuit he was holding before returning to the staircase, which was now firmly settled against a different landing. "When do you think it'll come back?"

Jasper saw the girl was a bit hesitant about accepting the biscuit, and was a bit disappointed when she didn't take it. Who would turn down free snacks? He'd thought this would be a lot easier. He cleared his throat. "Here, take it. I have too many." He urged, holding it out to her. He shrugged then, glancing at the stairs. "Who can say? I don't think there's much logic in them, really."

Harper frowned at the boy's comment about the stairs. What was the point of magic if you were just going to use it to make things harder? She realized he was still offering her the biscuit, and she took it with a grateful smile. "Thanks." Harper took a small bite and surveyed the corridor. "Are there any other stairwells nearby? I'm trying to get to the seventh floor." She went to take another bite.

Jasper nodded. "I can help you find another stairwell." He told her honestly, though he kind of doubted she would want his help after transforming into a canary from the biscuit. He grinned a bit. "In a bit." He said innocently, waiting for the transformation. It would just last a little while, it was a harmless prank after all.

Harper finished the biscuit and smiled, relieved that he could help. "Great, thanks, that—" a high-pitched squeak came out of her mouth, causing her to stop. What in the world had that been? A voice crack? She thought that only happened to guys. Before she could try to finish her sentence, the oddest sensation overtook her, and she got the distinct impression that she had shrunk. Harper tried to ask the boy for help, but all the resulted was another squeak. She attempted to bring her hand up to her throat, only to discover that she had no hands. Instead, her arms, no, wings were covered in bright yellow feathers. She had transformed into some kind of bird. Harper emitted some high-pitched chirps as she tried to scream. She peered up at the boy, chirping and beating her wings about, hoping he'd understand and run and get help.

Last edited:
Jasper burst into laughter as the girl turned into a canary, but then realized that it was not that far to the edge of the staircase. He grimaced, then crouched down a bit. "Don't panic! It's over in a second!" He told the bird, hoping it could understand him. "Don't flutter over the edge!" He shoo'd her away a bit. "You should turn back in... a few seconds." He added after checking his watch.

He was laughing. Harper paused, realizing that he had somehow done this to her. But how? She hadn't seen him pull out his wand or mutter a spell or — the biscuit. That's why he'd been so insistent that she eat it! And she hadn't realized how pushy he'd been until it was too late! Now that she knew she couldn't rely on him to help, she needed to calm down and think. What should she do? The hospital wing was just one floor above, but the stupid stairs were gone. Harper awkwardly stepped closer to the edge, fluttering her wings. Could she fly? The boy tried to block her, but she chirped again and tried to peck at him. She was in the middle of flapping her wings and trying to take off when that strange feeling came over her again.

Her feathers were falling off, and a fresh wave of panic consumed her. Oh god, what if she was transforming into another creature? Harper closed her eyes and felt herself grow... taller? When she opened them again, she was her normal, featherless human self. She immediately honed in on the boy. "You." She narrowed her eyes and stepped toward him. "What the hell was in that biscuit? I know it was you! I know you were the one who — " She suddenly stopped, having spotted out of the corner of her eye the pile of large yellow feathers surrounding them. The sight made her feel faint. "Oh my god, I was a bird," she muttered to herself.

((Sorry it's so long. It's not every day you get to RP as a bird :r))

Jasper yelped as the girl pecked at him, swatting weakly in her direction. Thankfully, it didn't take long for her to become a human again. Jasper was pretty relieved she hadn't fluttered over the edge, even if she was now clearly angry at him. He gave her a sheepish grin. "It was a prank." He said, holding up his hands. "Canary creams! You can buy them in Brightstone. Completely harmless, I promise." He hesitated. "You were, but only for like, a second." He told her, hoping that might help her feel less weird about it.

((no worries! Sorry for taking a while to reply))

Harper was staring at the feathers, her mind still working overtime to process what had just happened. The boy's words snapped her from her thoughts, and she looked up, glaring at him. "A prank?" she repeated in disbelief. "Turning people into animals is considered funny?" She hadn't even known that kind of magic was possible. Maybe in another world where she was familiar with the concept of "canary creams" she could see how the incident could be amusing. But this was not that world. "That was terrifying." What if something had gone wrong and she'd been stuck as a bird forever?

((Don't worry about it!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back