Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Merrill had been so excited for Halloween to finally come. It felt even sweeter since Gryffindor had won their quidditch match against Slytherin. Having never been to the Halloween feast before Merrill didn't exactly know what to expect. Would it be a dance like at Valentines day? Or would it just be a feast with more candy involved? One thing she knew was that a costume was a must. Since she couldn't convince her parents to buy her one she had made it herself using clothes she found at the second hand store. She could have gone for a scary doll if she wanted, but decided that she couldn't pull it off. A cute one fit her much better. The Great Hall was completely different from the one she knew as she entered the Halloween celebration, and looked around. The sky was darker, and more eerie, and the 4 large tables had been pushed aside for some fun attractions. This all looked amazing! The young girl could hardly wait to get started on the fun, but her friends, and boyfriend had yet to arrive. So she waited next to the entrance for them to show up, and tried to decide which thing they should check out first.

Anthony enjoyed Halloween, if only for the copious amounts of candy that one was able to consume over the holiday. He walked towards the Great Hall in his Captain America costume, and spotting Merrill he smiled at her and walked over. "Hey!" He said with a grin. "Nice costume," he said, a tome of amusement evident in his voice. He hoped that Clem would be able to make an appearance, he didn't really know what her costume was but he was sure she would look great in it. "Is your boyfriend coming? And Solomon?" He asked with a smile, hoping that they'd all be able to have a good time this Halloween and maybe they'd all enter the costume contest, possibly even winning some of the categories.

Solomon didn't often celebrate Halloween, despite being someone able to make himself look like anyone or anything else, it simply wasn't as big of a deal in New Zealand as it was in America. Growing up, no one in his neighbourhood really participated in the holiday, and trick or treaters were more of an unwelcome nuisance than anything else. This year however, he'd joined Merrill in shopping for costumes, owning a total of 0 himself, and lacking the skill or motivation to sew something original. Instead, he bought a few random pieces of apparel and fabrics and threw it all together on the day.

Dressed up in a red outfit with no real definition of what he was supposed to be, the metamorphmagus entered the Great Hall and soon found his friends, impressed by what Merrill had created after their shopping trip. "I'm here." Both of their costumes were far better than his was, but he expected as much. At least he wasn't just standing around holding a pumpkin like he'd seen another boy doing. "Looks like there's a lot more to do this year." He commented, eyes falling on the apple bobbing bucket and a haunted-looking tent.

Merrill was so busy looking at everyone's costumes she barely noticed when Anthony showed up. "Oh hey! Thank-you! You're costume is really cool." She said giving him a warm smile. His costume looked great, but she didn't recognize what is was. It must have been some muggle thing. Merrill knew that Anthony was fond of muggle entertainment, and she herself had read a few story books, but there were still a lot of references she didn't get. Perhaps I should take muggle studies. But it was just a passing thought. The girl had so many classes she wanted to take already she shouldn't go adding any more just yet. "Lucas should be here soon, and so should Solomon. What about your friend?" Merrill asked. She knew that Anthony had been hanging out a lot with a girl from Hufflepuff, but Merrill had yet to meet her.

Soon enough Solomon showed up, and Merrill couldn't help but giggle at his "costume". The pair had gone costume shopping together, and while Merrill had managed to piece something together Solomon had just thrown a bunch of red clothing on the counter. Still it was better then a few of the costumes she had seen so far. Namely the werewolf hunter. Honestly what was he expecting to do with a plank of wood? Club himself over the head so he wouldn't feel the bites? Merrill shook her head to try, and clear the thoughts. She shouldn't be thinking like that. "Hey, Sol!" Merrill greeted him. "I think I forgot just how fluffy that coat was. Repressed actually." she joked. The Gryffindor girl looked out into the hallway, and saw no trace of Lucas yet. Perhaps his costume required some more preparation. "Yeah it all looks great. Do you want to go check some stuff out, and then the others can join us later?" She suggested. "I bet I can kick both you butts at bobbing for apples."

Clementine always looked forward to dressing up for Halloween and in fact her biggest problem was always trying to choose a costume because she had so many options to choose from. This year she had finally settled on little red riding hood and placed the bright red hood over her head as she walked into the great hall. She loved the new set up and was just walking around looking at everyone enjoy themselves and wondered if she would be brave enough to try the haunted house that was set up under a tent. She wondered briefly where her friend Teddy was but just as he came into her mind, she caught sight of Anthony and got butterflies in her stomach. She smiled and walked over to him even though he was with his friends and said, "Hey," first in Anthony's direction and then turned to the entire group. "I'm Clementine, Anthony's friend," she introduced herself, unsure of how else to refer to the two of them. "Everything around the great hall looks so fun," she said, catching the tail end of the girl's comment about the apple bobbing.

The blonde came together with Noah and was happy to be with him. But she decided to get some drinks for them and so she walked over to the food and drinks and noticed Merrill. Evelyn was a bit suprised as she heard about her relationship with Lucas. He moved so quickly on to another girl after Evelyn said she didn't liked him the way he did like her. She felt a bit strange, it wasn't that she hated it but she wasn't extremely happy too. She felt a bit jealous of the attention Merrill got from Lucas right now. She didn't saw him that much as they used to did. In their first and second year they saw eachother almost everyday and meet with Aaron, Zara and sometimes Elizabeth too besides lessons. Now Merrill was joining and Evelyn helped the girl with her outfits and well Lucas felt for that she thought.

As she walked to the crowd she put a smile on. She saw two Hufflepuff students that she saw with classes and knew the name of the girl Clementine. She looked at the doll outfit of Merrill and looked at her own costume that felt more fashionable. Evelyn wanted to look good with a outfit, those childish halloween costumes she didn't really liked. As Evelyn came closer to the group she smiled towards them. ''Hello there.'' she said friendly. And when she turned her head to Merrill she stopped smiling and looked seriously. '' I've heard you are dating Lucas.'' the blonde said and put her arm into her side. '' I must say, I see him a lot less now you are around. To be honest I have to get used to it. '' the blonde said honestly. She wasn't gonna lie about her feelings right now. It was just a big change and Evelyn wasn't gonna pretend her feelings. She still didn't liked Lucas more than a friend and she could tell so because she started to like Noah more and hoped he would too. '' But you all look amazing! Very Halloween.'' the blonde said happy.

Anthony smiled when he spotted Clem walking towards them, he was happy to see that she had come. "Great costume!" He said to her, suddenly wishing that he had thought to coordinate costumes with her. Captain America and Red Riding Hood weren't really a pairs costume. He stifled a laugh, and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Gesturing to his friends in turn, "This is Merrill, Solomon," he paused because he didn't really know the other person, but she sure seemed a little bit rude. "and I'm not really sure who this is." He said with a frown. He turned back to the others. "I bet I can beat you guys at apple bobbing." He said with a grin on his face. He loved a good challenge, and looked forward to hopefully beating his friends.

As soon as Merrill suggested that they get started on the activites Anthony's friend showed up, and was introducing herself. Merrill tried to smile, and be friendly, but the girls choice in costume made her a little uneasy. Little Red Riding Hood was one of the very first stories Merrill remembered every being told to her before bed, but her parents version always ended with Red Riding Hood killing the wolf herself. The thought churned her stomach a little, but it was nothing that candy couldn't fix. "Hi it's nice to meet you. Your costume is so cute."

The Gryffindor was about to suggest they find something fun to do when all of a sudden Evelyn showed up. She wasn't really sure what the girl was supposed to be dressed as seeing as she was just wearing a stripped shirt, and a hat, but Merrill was about to compliment her anyways. Evelyn had been so nice to help her pick out some new clothes, and the two were becoming good friends. At least she thought they were until the next couple sentences that came out of the girls mouth. Merrill felt her mouth drop open, but she was at a loss for what to say really. She knew Evelyn, and Lucas had been friends, but she had no idea that it would cause such an issue. "Yes I am dating Lucas, and I guess yeah you will. I don't tell him who he can, and can't see. Maybe you should take it up with him somewhere more private." Merrill snapped icily. It was Halloween, and they were supposed to be having fun. Why Evelyn thought it was a good idea to bring this all up now was beyond her. Thank-fully it was Anthony to the rescue, and Merrill turned away from Evelyn, and back to him. "Just like you bet Hufflepuff will beat Gryffindor at the next match? You're on Jackson." And with that the girl was off towards the apple bobbing station.

Solomon smiled softly in response to Merrill's comment. "I didn't think it was possible to repress." The fluff of his coat definitely wasn't. It was uncharacteristically flamboyant for someone who preferred to keep his activities quiet and his social group small. Before he had a chance to respond to her challenge, the trio were joined by another girl, one he only really recognised from around the castle. Anthony appeared to already be more than familiar with her. "Pleasure." The metamorph responded pleasantly once his friend had introduced them all, no longer needing to give her his name as it had been done for him. While the atmosphere was casual and friendly then, something about it changed with the arrival of yet another girl, one he'd seen Merrill speak to on occasion but never bothered to talk to prior. She always seemed to carry an attitude he didn't particularly like, and her general aura screamed b**ch. Anthony was apparently in the same boat of not knowing quite who she was, which came as some relief. With the newest additions, Sol was starting to feel out of the loop.

Merrill's response to the newcomer was quite the turn of events, with a tone he hadn't heard her use before, not in the three years they'd been friends."I can safely say, dunking my face underwater and grabbing apples with my teeth isn't exactly my kind of thing. I'll get us some drinks and meet you guys over there." The boy said once Anthony and Merrill decided to move along to the festivities. He turned his attention to Anthony's friend for a moment, taking a second to recall her name. "Did you want anything while I'm over there, Clementine?"
<i>
</i>

Lucas had been looking forward to Halloween with his girlfriend. Things were going well with the pair and the event provided hin with an opportunity for him to meet some of her friends. Only he was late, in his true slacker fashion. By the time Lucas arrived at the Great hall the event was very much in full swing only it wasn't the halloween he knew. It was more like a carnival, which was brilliant. Lucas took his cap from under his arm and placed it on his head as he spotted Merrill in the crowd. The Gryffindor made his way up behind her and placed his hands over her eyes. "Guess who?" He would meet and greet with her friends, and randomly Evelyn, once he had sufficiently surprised Merrill.

Clementine smiled shyly when Anthony kissed her on the cheek in greeting but she was happy to be here and meet all of his friends. She waved at each of them individually and said, "It's nice to meet you all." She didn't have much of a chance to say anything else when another girl came and wasn't too friendly to Merrill for some reason. Though the girl was not very private, Clementine tried her hardest not to eavesdrop or at least meddle in something she had no business with. She was glad that they seemed to move past it though as the subject of bobbing for apples came into question again and laughed lightly at Merrill and Anthony's competitive streak.

She looked up when Solomon asked if she wanted anything and shook her head, "No thank you." It was nice of him to offer and she had actually thought to accompany him, but she decided to stay behind and be the referee to Merrill and Anthony's race to bob for apples. But as soon as a new boy entered the group she was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed with how many new people she was meeting tonight and wished she had left with Solomon after all. This new boy was stalling their game but Clementine merely smiled at him politely, unsure of who he was in relation to the rest of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back