Happy Adminversary Cyndi!

Thank you all! :cool:
Six years as admin. I can't believe it's been that long. When I joined the site oh so many years ago, it was out of boredom and a way to pass the time during a three hour gap of my then job as a TA. I never suspected then that HNZ would earn such a special place in my heart, nearly as special as the very books that brought me here. ^_^

Being an admin isn't always the easiest or the most fun person to be on the site, but I always enjoy getting to help people out with ideas and helping the site grow more and more in many different ways. And I especially enjoy getting to know you all while doing those things. So, to all of you who took the time to post here and even to those of you who didn't, thank you all for keeping me here as admin for six years.

:cyndi:

A day late, but I obviously had to be absolutely certain that you'd last the whole day of your anniversary. :tut:

Cyndi, when Livvy had been an absentee admin for a year and we knew the site needed help (not just in the interim, but going forward), there wasn't even a question that you would make an amazing addition to our team (back then, we still had visions of Livvy coming back on board! xD ). You continued in your tradition of thinking about the offer/request before agreeing, which I now believe is just your way of toying with me. Psych people and their mind games.

You coming on board saved the site in so many ways, and I am amazingly grateful for your work here. Not only were you an important relief when I couldn't do it myself anymore, but you bravely continued on when I needed to take a very clean break away from what I had been doing... and you just keep going, and I don't know how you keep track of all the things you keep track of. You also saved the site because you're a roleplayer, who... y'know... roleplays... and so you know the kind of things which keep that (really crucial) part of the site fun, interesting, worth participating in. Quidditch has been so amazing to see, and it's just the most obvious way that you poured your heart into the board and new life into so many areas.

Really "thank you" doesn't feel like enough because I can't even fully wrap my head around all the stuff you've done, continue to do, or what the site would look like without your dedication and long-suffering presence enduring all my crazy ideas, sorting through all the drama and the mess, and pointing toward the best that the site is and the best it can be. Working alongside you has always been a joy, and if for no other reason I'm glad to be here to help you in this continued adventure. :)

Nick said:
You continued in your tradition of thinking about the offer/request before agreeing, which I now believe is just your way of toying with me. Psych people and their mind games.
:o I'd never! :devious:

Gee...way to make a girl teary eyed. Thank you Nick. :)

Happy adminversary Cyndi! Thank you so so much for all your hard work and helpfulness, you're amazing :wub:

Congratulations Cyndi and best wishes for the future!

Cyndi,

thank you for putting up with my ridiculous plot requests, my constant questions, and my characters being themselves! I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other more and I'm a little less scared (a little) of you. You do such a wonderful job for this site!!! :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back