Half-Blood Prince delayed to summer '09

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
:mad: Not much I can say about this...Except going on in a rant that would surely get me banned from HNZ.

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XDDD Bella sent me a link about it a few minutes ago. Pure class on their decision there. not. Wow, I think they're just digging themselves a bigger grave, pottermania may die by summer of '09 without more stuff to keep coming out to kindle the fire.

Katalina Vanderhol said:
are you effin serious?

this sucks arse big time

i'm...speechless

and PISSED :mad:

ME TOO KAT!!!!!!! :mad:

~X( :-W >:p :mad: :o :(( #-o [-( :-0 :-& l-) =(( :-S :-< 8-l

Those effers. I am so pissed right now I can't see straight.

So let me get this straight. I have seen every single Harry Potter movie in the theatre with my husband. He would've been able to watch the 6th one right before he freaking deploys for an effing YEAR or LONGER!!

So thanks Warner Brothers, you guys can s#&k it.

THIS IS BLASPHEMY.

I reckon it's because of Twilight coming out in the same months. They're afraid of the competition. And who wouldn't be? Nearly everyone - from MTV to local newspapers are comparing Twilight to Harry Potter.

Athene Perthro said:
I reckon it's because of Twilight coming out in the same months. They're afraid of the competition. And who wouldn't be? Nearly everyone - from MTV to local newspapers are comparing Twilight to Harry Potter.
Like I said, blasphemy.

I say, boot Twilight to summer '09.

:p

This was a stupid decision since they already said they were going to release it this November.

As for Twilight; I have absolutely zero intentions on going to see it since it doesn't seem that good. The series tends to go towards a select group of people and not to a wide audience (like Harry Potter) I don't think it's as good as Harry Potter and in fact I think the're trying to use Harry Potter as a way to sell their books by repeatively stating that this is the next Harry Potter when it is clearly not.

Twilight wasn't the first to try and copy Harry Potter's success and it won't be the last.

Okay, this sucks. Big time.

I wish Paramount was in charge of the production. I know one of the VPs there and would call him up and yell at him for all of us!

I don't really think that this is because of Twilight. They may share some of the same audience, but mostly the females. HP would win in the overall battle because it has a wider audience pull.

Excuse me, WHAT?!!!!!!!! Oh, my gosh. I could say so much stuff right now. And none of which would be polite. ARE THEY STUPID? I was looking forward to seeing this movie with my friends!! Now I'll have to see it with my family, if I even go see it next summer. Warner Bros. has screwed up all my plans. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

THIS IS SO UNFAIR

I was waiting for the movie for a whole year crossing my calender dates and now this.!!!!!This might be the worst news I have heard concerning Harry Potter

THIS SUCKS!<i></i>

I can't wait til the summer. Grrrr!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: >:p

I was like sooooooooo exited to see the movie and they dissapoint us! They dont know tht if we fans put on a strike from watching HP 6 then they will have no buissness.Oh I hate the Warner Bros for this

Except fans will go no matter what, they know that. I'm just afraid they'll wait so long that all the hype will disappear in pottermania without new things coming out :o

Rhyspa Aireous said:
Excuse me, WHAT?!!!!!!!! Oh, my gosh. I could say so much stuff right now. And none of which would be polite. ARE THEY STUPID? I was looking forward to seeing this movie with my friends!! Now I'll have to see it with my family, if I even go see it next summer. Warner Bros. has screwed up all my plans. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You're not the only one!

I don't really think pottermania is going to die out, but I still think its a stupid decision on their part. I bet there's going to be five hour long lines to get the encyclopedia that's going to come out eventually, even if it is years from now.

I think that Harry Potter will still be big and such, but there are a lot of people out there whom drop a fascination with something/stop caring about it if you don't keep stringing them along.

Well, the good news is that Tales from Beedle the Bard is due out December 4th. And that could be partly the reason, though I would have done the book in the Summer.

Consider also that perhaps there is a problem with production and that the movie isn't quite finished yet or they decided to change something or re-edit...whatever.

Either way it's still pissy!

i had thought about possible problems with production as well Freya and though it would be understandable if thats the case it still sucks arse big time

When you release a trailer you best be ready to release a film. [-(

Professor Nicolas King said:
When you release a trailer you best be ready to release a film. [-(
damned straight! :mad:

I'm sure it isn't the first time it's happened. It's just the first time I found it to suck!

Professor Freya Heimdall said:
I'm sure it isn't the first time it's happened.  It's just the first time I found it to suck!
If you release a trailer and have a specific date set for the release of the movie, I believe you are completed the movie.

Now they're prolonging it for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back