Half-Blood Prince delayed to summer '09

Professor Nicolas King said:
When you release a trailer you best be ready to release a film. [-(
dang freakin tootin'!!

stupid morons

if i didn't love HP so much then i'd HATE HATE HATE Warner Brothers

It's all business, and since HP is a huge release, it's even more subject to the whims of the studio execs.

Anywho, something else came of this turn of events.

EDIT:
If you release a trailer and have a specific date set for the release of the movie, I believe you are completed the movie.

Not necessarily. Many times, they will work the filming schedule to fit a trailer's release, so that they have everything for the trailer completed, but a lot of everything isn't as far along. But in the case of HP, I do believe that they are most likely in post-production, considering the relatively small amount of time to the original release date.

Why would they be bumping Twilight to November? It seems stupid.

I can't believe it, it's just so stupid, and I was really looking forward to it, as it is me and my brother's yearly ritual, now next year I will be away to university and he might be away aswell, fair enough if we both stay in NI but he has a habit of not, prays he gets a job and forgets about until for a while

And it all because the want more money, greedy pack of @*&^%$£ [-(

Rhyspa Aireous said:
Why would they be bumping Twilight to November? It seems stupid.
They're moving it up because whilst HP was releasing on that date, nobody wanted to compete. But now that HP is gone, it's a veritable free for all.

Athene Perthro said:
I reckon it's because of Twilight coming out in the same months. They're afraid of the competition. And who wouldn't be? Nearly everyone - from MTV to local newspapers are comparing Twilight to Harry Potter.
Like I said, blasphemy.

I say, boot Twilight to summer '09.

:p

While I like Twilight and all, it is NOWHERE NEAR as close to the phenomenon (or awesomeness) of something as huge as Harry Potter!!!!!!
If it came down to audiences choosing between Harry Potter and Twilight,
Harry Potter >>>>>>>> Twilight.
Trust me, Harry Potter actually appeals to guys so automatically there is more votes towards HP.

Anyway, I've heard rumors that WB doesn't wanna compete with DARK KNIGHT for movie of the year, so they moved it to 2009 so it could be the movie of the year for THAT year. I say just move it to January 1, 2009 at least!!!! [-( But "prime time" movies usually come out in the summer or winter.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR at this all!!!

I still say that nothing compares to anything Tolkienian.

Boo to the yah.

Isabella, first movie comparison of why that actually makes since. Twilight, pfft, HP would still release easily over it, and own it into oblivion. But The Dark Knight, I could see their hesitation there. Also, I swear I heard recently that Twilight is to be released early December not November.

But wouldn't the Dark Knight be over by then, so they can put Harry Potter on at the end of the year?

HP was going to be one of my big end of school things, something I could do while I didn't have uni or school to worry about =P.

Angus Greenwood said:
But wouldn't the Dark Knight be over by then, so they can put Harry Potter on at the end of the year?

HP was going to be one of my big end of school things, something I could do while I didn't have uni or school to worry about =P.
True, but then it might would be a lot harder to grab movie of the year award. And maybe warner bros is run by a complete and utter idiot, who knows, all I know is that I am quite unhappy, and am currently refraining from using a very large vocabulary of words on this issue... Of which, aren't so, subtle.

Children's website. =P.

Urgh. This frustrates me. Frustrates is an understatement, actually.

I hate Twilight. Even though my character is from Twilight.

Although I want to see the movie, for teh lulz.

I'm taking my girlfriend there for our 1 year anniversary, after taking her out to eat of coarse. She is a huge Twilight fan, but she STILL likes HP a whole crap load.

And yea children website *sighs* Wouldn't want those with nannyblocker not being able to read their spam.. I'd be killedededed.

It's actually because of the premier of High School Musical 3, so they had to move the HP to July 2009 to save it being a complete failure because it was in very tight competition with High School Musical, and eventually it came on top, causing HP to go to July 2009 and not the other way round.

Professor Aurora Merrythought said:
It's actually because of the premier of High School Musical 3, so they had to move the HP to July 2009 to save it being a complete failure because it was in very tight competition with High School Musical, and eventually it came on top, causing HP to go to July 2009 and not the other way round.
Hmm I was under the impression it was due to Twilight like most people ;)

Mike Goulding said:
Professor Aurora Merrythought said:
It's actually because of the premier of High School Musical 3, so they had to move the HP to July 2009 to save it being a complete failure because it was in very tight competition with High School Musical, and eventually it came on top, causing HP to go to July 2009 and not the other way round.Hmm I was under the impression it was due to Twilight like most people
Hmm I was under the impression it was due to Twilight like most people ;)

I agree with Mike. Personally, I don't see how HSM compares with HP.

High School Musical 3 currently holds the record for the biggest advanced bookings for a movie, beating the old record holder Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Zac Efrons High School Musical 3 has broken records with the biggest advance bookings ever in movie history, beating initial record holder Daniel Radcliffes Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire. The third sequel has reportedly gathered advance ticket sales of over a million pounds, much more than the Harry Potter movie.

The High School mania has further been extended to the stores with its merchandise selling almost instantly.

Actually Its to do more with the Dark Knight

""I think that there was some people... kids were definitely upset, and I'm really sympathetic to that," said Heyman. "I would love the film to come out in November; we would have been ready, but the fact is partly because of the writers strike and for whatever reason, Warners didn't have any movies next summer. They had Batman this year which was bigger than they ever thought it would be, so they came to me, and they said, 'David, we want to move it.' It's a film business."

Taken from http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=10650&count=0

But also the release of Twilight played a part in the delay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back