Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Tilly)
Wand
Vine Wand, 11 ¼ in, Acromantula Web Core
Seraphina wasn't exactly spending a lot of time in her room. Wdhile she wasn't trying to live outside again this year, it didn't mean she was going to expose herself to the Spice Girls from hell. Enjoying the slightly chillier weather, the Gryffindor made her way down to the lake, setting herself near the tree she had used to prop up her makeshift home last year. She grabbed some sticks and leaves and started to make shapes on the grass. Wishing she could hear some music, Seraphina began humming a tune her nonna used to sing to her. She could never remember the Italian words, a language that she had really struggled with which led to even more resentment from her mother. But the tune was beautiful, and Seraphina sang it to herself as she started breaking some branches in half to make a Lincoln Logs style house.

@Augustus Westwick

Augustus often found himself walking towards the lake without even really thinking about it. It was by far the spot on the grounds he visited most often, and sometimes he was surprised to fhind himself there. Augustus had wrapped an old scarf around his neck, one of the few things he hadn't outgrown recently, he guessed scares weren't really the sort of things you could grow out of. He headed to the lake and paused when he heard someone humming nearby, stopping in his tracks and looking around. He then saw a younger girl sitting near a tree, humming to herself as she did something with sticks and leaves. He watched her curiously for a moment.

Seraphina reached into her stick pile and noticed she was out. Frowning, she looked around the tree to find a few more, realizing she'd need to cut and break a few. She stood up to look for a sharp rock when she saw someone nearby looking at her. Rolling her eyes, she went to the edge of the lake, noticing a rock she could probably use to cut some wood apart, and brought it back to her space. As she sat back down, she turned herself to face the boy staring at her and glared for a moment before going back to her log house.

Augustus had tried to break his habit of staring at people, but when they were doing interesting things it was difficult to remember that. So he kept on staring at the girl as she made her way to the lake and grabbed a rock. When she returned to her sticks and looked at him angrily, he finally realized he'd been kind of rude. He blushed, but couldn't help himself from asking, "what are you doing?" He asked, blinking at her curiously.

Seraphina continued building her little stick house until she heard the weird boy seemingly talk to her. Ignoring him, she continued cutting down a larger stick, adding a little roof to her house. The Gryffindor then stood up, reaching towards to sky to find a few leaves to continue her house. She looked back at the boy after gathering her leaves and then sat down, adding them to the top of the roof. "What do you think I'm doing?" she asked the boy in an almost monotone.

Augustus felt uncertain as the girl didn't react to what he'd said. Had he spoken too quietly again? He wasn't sure, and felt increasingly awkward as he stood there and watched as she went on in silence. He blinked when she finally responded to his question, though it wasn't a very helpful or informative response. "I don't... know." He said after a beat. "If I did I wouldn't have asked, I think." He said softly.

Seraphina's stare dropped when the boy didn't give her a good enough response. She looked down at her creation and then back up at him. "It's a tiny cabin," she mumbled, quickly taking her hand through the structure as it scattered around her. How could someone not tell that? Yet another thing she wasn't good at. Seraphina curled up against the tree and crossed her arms, looking out at the lake.

Augustus winced at the girl's expression. It was clear he'd disappointed her in some way, and he had no idea what he had done wrong. But at least she didn't seem angry. Or was she? Augustus' eyes widened a bit as she destroyed it. "I- I could see that." He said quickly. "I just wondered, I mean, what purpose it had. Was it for fairies?" He asked her, feeling guilty for bothering her. And upsetting her? If he had done that, which he suspected he had.

Seraphina looked up at the word fairies and made a face. Why would she make something for tiny little creatures like that. "It's not for anyone. It is- was- just a house." She looked at the remnants of her creation and curled even tighter against the tree. "Make your own house if you like the fairies so much."

Augustus didn't understand why the girl was acting this way, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he had upset her. "I'm sorry." He said. "I was just curious. It was a nice house." He offered nervously.

Seraphina didn't know why the boy thought her creation was a nice house when he clearly didn't know whaat it was in the first place. She wasn't gullible to these types of antics. "Don't apologize," she huffed, pulling her legs tight to her chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back