Gryffindor Quidditch Try-Outs

Cyndi saw that Bruin was heading back toward the equipment, so she decided to take one last lap around. She turned her broom around and pushed it to its limit. The wind was blowing her hair every which way. When she reached the hoop on the other side, she went around it and sped back up the pitch. She then did a dive and landed carefully by Bruin and Kiera. "Whew...that felt great" Cyndi said with a laugh.

As Andy clapped and cheered beside her, all she could do was gaze in astonisment at that flip. "Wow" was all she could say.

Hilary had been floating above the pitch not having said hi or anything to the others. WHen she saw them dive down she did the same and pulled up into a clump with the others. "Hey guys!" she said enthusiastically.

Patrick decided to take a well earned break for a half hour from the hospital wing, he thought about flying today but decided he'd watch some of the teams instead. He smiled as he approached the quidditch pitch and saw it was his old house out practising.
He moved quietly to the stands, climbed up the flights of steps that led to the benches and smiling at who he saw watching, made his way to the second row.
"I should have known you'd be up here, Ace!" he said to Andromeda's back.

Andromeda turned around smiling.
"Ha!" she smiled, "I knew you couldn't stay away from it for long either! Randa, Carly this is my uncle Patrick. He's the nurse here but he's the one I told you about, the Irish or ex Irish quidditch captain!"
She was very proud of him no matter what he chose to do.
"Now shhhh!" she whispered to him, "Practise is under way. I don't want to miss a heart beat!"

"Hey" Miranda said to Patrick, keeping her eye glued to the field, trying not to miss any of it.

Bruin looked up from the equipment trunk and saw that Hilary, Kiera and Cyndi had all landed already. Kat was completing some aerial maneuvres of her own and looked as though she would be joining them shortly. "So, this has the makings of a great team I think." Bruin said enthusiastically as he tossed a Quaffle in the air between the girls. "How about we play a little bit of dodgeball? Say, third years versus fourth years to start?", he asked with a silly grin.

(OOC- I was thinking we could RP tossing the quaffle around to our teammates and trying to hit each other with a thrown quaffle for a few minutes, unless anyone has a better idea.)

Cyndi smiled at Bruin. "Great idea!"she said.

"Now this should be good!" Andy stood and clapped as hard as she could, "Come on Bruin! Go for it Keira! Whooo-whoo-whoo!" she cheered.
"I suppose I should cheer Katalina too I don't know the other girls name though!" she said to Randa and Carly.

The quaffle that Bruin had thrown in the air fell rather pathetically to the ground in amongst the three girls. Apparently Bruin had dazzled them with his words and smile :D and none of them felt compelled to actually catch it. "Uh, nice hands ladies.", he deadpanned as he bent over and picked up the quaffle himself.

"Alright, Cyndi and I'll give you ten seconds to get away and then you are fair game!", he said as he rolled the quaffle around in his hands and began counting down. "Ten....Nine...Eight..."

(Cyndi and I against you, Hilary and Kat, if she returns...now get flying or you will be the first person I peg with the quaffle.)

"Seven...Six...Five...

"Yeah, we should" aswering Andys question. "Oh wait, thats Cindi out there! Hi Cindi" Carly yelled out.

Cyndi was listening to Bruin's countdown, eager to get back in the air and start the dodgeball game when she heard someone yell out her name. She turned to see that it was one of her roommates. She amiled and waved and then turned her attention back to the game that was about to begin.

"Thanks Carly! It wouldn't have been fair to just cheer for a hand full and not all of them!" Andy smiled at her.
"Come on Kat... Way to go Cyndi!" Andy shouted as loud as she could. She would probably not have a voice left after this.

"SSShhhh!" she turned and whispered to him laughing. "It's their first so I don't know. Come here..." Andy moved aside to show her uncle who was who.
"That girl there is Kiera she's one of our chasers, she did an amazing flip over the hoop a while ago. You so missed it! That ...is Katalina there, she also looks pretty awesome on a broom. So does Cyndi, that's her there. Not quite sure what position they play on the team. And there!"
Andromed pointed to Bruin.
"That is our prefect and team captain", she glowed with pride.

"Annndddyyy..." Miranda whined, "I'm trying to watch the practice..." She turned and smiled at Andy at then turned back to the practice.

((hey hey hey guys!! sorry its taken me so long to reply, but i'm finally on long enough to actually post something!! i think i'm pretty clear as to what's going on here, but if not then tell me and i'll fix my post!! :D ))

Kat had been watching in a sort of trance like state and admittedly wasn't paying too much attention to what had been going on up until now. She had been so lost in her thoughts and enjoying being back on a broom again that she guessed she had just completely lost track of what was going on. She finally saw that the rest of her team mates were back on the ground so she flew back down to join them. "Sorry guys, guess I was off in la-la land!" she said her cheeks going slightly pink.

Kiera grinned at Kat. "Its no problem. We are playing dodgeball with the Quaffle. Its you, Hilary, and me against Bruin and Cyndi. Bruin's got the ball so lets get flying!" she said cheerfully. Kiera began to run away from Bruin and hopped on her broom. She flew fast and away from the Quaffle, something she never actually did. She grinned and watched Bruin as she flew.

Kat took off after Kiera and flew up to where she could her friend one tiny important question. "Dodgeball? I'm sorry, but what exactly is that." Kat asked timidly. She figured it must be a muggle sport, but hadn't a clue at how to play. Note to self...learn to play muggle games next time i'm at my cousins! she thought to herself with a giggle.

Miranda watched as they started to fly up and start some type of game. "I wonder what their doing." Miranda said, so excited that she let out a shriek that she was sure everyone had heard. "Oops." Miranda giggled, holding her hand over her mouth.

Kiera grinned at Kat. She had forgotten to tell her the most important part. "Oh sorry! Dodgeball is a game where the oppisite team throws balls at you. If you get hit your out, but you want to try and hit the other team before they can hit you. We are using the Quaffle as our ball and Bru has it right now. Did I explain it good?" she asked cheerfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back