Gryffindor Quidditch Try-Outs

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin arrived at the Quidditch Pitch with his Quidditch Set, Scarlet Streak, Beater's Bat and Equipment Bag in tow, dropping them unceremoniously on the ground near the equipment shed. He looked up at the sky, it was a clear and crisp autumn afternoon, perfect for some flying with the second through fourth year Gryffindors who were interested in playing this year.

Bruin knew that Gryffindor had a lot of enthusiastic first years waiting for their turn to try-out, but wanted to make sure that there were no injuries this early in the year. He hoped that they understood and remembered how long that he had to wait during his first year before being allowed to fly unsupervised, chuckling a little at his early misadventures on the broom.

Bruin glanced down at his Scarlet Streak and smiled. It glistened in the sunlight beneath the fresh layer of Anti-Jinx Varnish that he had applied when he first arrived back at school and he knew that he could not wait any longer. He stretched his hand out to his side, commanded UP!, mounted his broom and pushed off, enjoying the exhilirating feeling of being airborne again. He wondered how many of last year's team would join him on this fine day.

((i'm going to go ahead and post tonight b/c i'm not sure if i'll get a chance tomorrow and friday to do so since i'm having knee surgery tomorrow :( , but i'll definitely be on Saturday and may be able to hop on for a bit Friday depending on how i'm feeling :) ))

Kat made her way down to the quidditch pitch with her Scarlett Streak in hand. She was excited to be down here again and was hoping that she would do well enough to make the team again this year. She knew that there were quite a few first years interested in playing for the house team and also knew that they would need all the people they could get if they wanted to win the quidditch cup this year.

As she entered the picth she sat her broom down on the ground and pulled her long brown hair back in a ponytail to keep it from flying around in her face. She happened to notice that there was already someone out there and had a sneaky suspicion she knew exactly who it was. With that Kat mounted her broom and kicked off the ground and took off flying through the air. She felt the wind whip briskly across her face. I'd almost forgot how much I love to fly! she thought to herself with a big grin plastered to her face.

Carly walked down to the pitch She had to practise for flying that Saturday. hands. When she reached the pitch she saw a bot flying around on his broom. "Hi" Carly yelled out to him.

Andromeda all but ran out to the pitch, she was not going to miss this for the world! She rushed over to the Gryffindor stands and made her way up the steep steps. She walked over to the first row of seats for a birds eye view.
She recognised Bruin and Katalina out already.
"Wow" was all she could say, her eyes had nearly glazed over with excitement as she watched them fly. They were really good, she bit her lip and wondered was she that good though. She really needed to practise before she went for 1st year try-outs. Andromeda looked down as a figure caught her eye, it looked like Carly holding on to her broom, she smiled liking that she wasn't the only first year that was enthuasiastic.

She crossed her arms on the ledge and leaned her head on them, watching enthralled.

Kiera skipped down to the pitch holding her streak. She saw Bruin, Kat, Andy and Carly already there ahead of her. "Hiya Captian, Kat, Carly, and Andy!" she said greeting each of them cheerfully. Kiera hopped on her broom and soared into the air. "So what are we doing on this pretty day?" Kiera asked as she caught up to Bruin. Kiera had missed flying. It was great to soar through the air again.

Carly couldn't help but to smile. "Hello everyone who knows me!" she said. Her nerves had gone down. She felt a lot more carmer in the air then on the ground. "Hey Andy. How the weather down there?" she asked. :D

Bruin had lost himself a bit in his flying obviously because before he knew it Kat, Kiera and another girl had joined him in the air and Andy was waving at them enthusiastically from the Gryffindor stands. Bruin gave Kat and Kiera a quick wink and then flew over to the first year girl. "Hey there. I'm Bruin Dumbledez, captain of the Gryffindor team. I take it you are eager to try out?", Bruin asked with a smile. He knew that Kiera and Kat probably wanted to know what they would be doing today, but he thought he better introduce himself to the eager first year before they began.

Miranda came running out onto the pitch, she was supremley excited for the tryouts. When she looked around she noticed some people already flying, and Andy in the stands. "Hey Andy!!" Miranda called as she ran up the stairs into the stands. "So your excited too?" Miranda asked, fidgeting in her seat. :lol:

"Yeah! totally! But here I am holding back and not getting on my broom and Carly is out there in the air!" Andy sounded really peeved, she didn't mean to but she felt rotten, "I mean Bruin had put up the poster in our common room saying first years only to watch! So, here am I watching - otherwise I'd be out there too!"
Andy's face was crumbling slowly, life sucked big time! She gave another half hearted wave to the flyers and leaned back on her arms again.

"You excited too Randa?" Andy felt terrible that she hadn't asked it sooner, but her heart was breaking slowly as she watched everyone fly, she wiped a tear away quickly so no-one would notice.

(((i saw that note in the common room after i posted my frist post. lets just make it that im just getting some feash air and i didnt know that the tryout were on today)))
Carly looked at him oddly. "Do you mean that the tryouts are on to day? I now i remember!" said Carly slaping herself on the head. "I'm so sorry. I forgot. I'll just go and sot woth Andy in the stands" and with that Carly landed on the ground and walked over to Andy.

Andromeda made room for Carly on the bench.
"Well... how was it then?" she sighed, "To be flying out there?"
Andy turned her head and looked at Carly.

[[ooc...lol that's fine by me!! just figured my 11yr old character would be so jealous and totally peeved! was nothing personal! ;-) ]]

Bruin laughed quietly at the young girl's reaction, trying to let her know that it was alright before she flew over and joined the other two girls in the stands. He knew how hard this must be for them, not being able to try-out yet and having their flying time restricted to classes at the moment, but wanted to respect the rules as they had been laid out to him by Professor Ana and the headmistress, regardless of what the other houses were doing.

Bruin flew over to the girls, hovering just in front of them in the stands. "Hey girls, I tell you what. If you three are interested in watching for a little bit, maybe near the end of the practice you can come out and fly a bit. If you're any good, I might even be willing to let you try out my Streak.", he said with a wink before flying off to join Kat and Kiera.

"Alright you two, how about a quick little game of Follow the Leader before we get the rest of the equipment out? Anyone want to lead?", Bruin said, practically daring one of them to try and lose him.

Andromeda sat up straight as Bruin approached them. She listened enthralled and couldn't quite believe what she was hearing. She looked from him to the Streak. Her heart beat rapidly. She would love to fly it but felt that would be a betrayal to her precious Falcon that she hadn't at that point flown yet!
She smiled turning to the other two girls, "Oh, I hope he lets us fly!"
She sat forward again in her seat and rested her elbows on the ledge, propping her head in her hands. She watched Bruin flying and smiled! She had never had a hero other than her father before, but this boy - her prefect was slowly elavating himself to that status.

"Really??" Miranda said excitedly as Bruin flew away. She let out a squeal of excitment. She had been waiting for so long to fly. :lol:

Bruin heard some excited voices from the girls in the stands and smiled. He wanted for Gryffindor to be filled with excited and enthusiastic people this year, but would have to make sure that nobody got hurt. He knew that Professor King wouldn't be too happy with him if he didn't act responsibly and ensure the safety of the "cubs".

Bruin looked anxiously at Kat and Kiera, but sensing their unexpected hesitation simply smiled and said, "I'm tired of waiting for you two. Try and keep up will you!!!". Bruin leaned forward quickly and accelerated into the pocket of air between the two of them, feeling their robes whistle by him as he passed and headed off at top speed for the far hoops.

Cyndi did not quite know what had gotten into her, but woke up that morning and decided that she wanted to try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. She enjoyed flying and the game of Quidditch, and knew she would have fun learning and playing with these guys.Cyndi borrowed a broom from the school closet, since hers needed some slight repairs and went down to the fields.

Cyndi entered the Quidditch Pitch and was happy to see that there were a lot of people there. She waved at everyone and walked over there. Most of them were first years though, but Cyndi knew that Bruin was a great leader and would certainly have no trouble. She saw that he was racing two first year students and sat down near some others and watched waiting anxiously for the equipment to come out.

Cyndi quickly tired of watching the others race around and she stood up. She kicked off the ground and soared into the air after the others. The broom rode well even though it probably was older than she was. It was a little slower than she liked, but she pushed it to the limit and caught up with the others by the hoops.

Bruin was speeding towards the centre hoop, near top speed and decided to press himself low to the broom and zip directly through the hoop itself, unsure whether the others were following or not. Once clear of the hoop, Bruin leaned left and did a slow arcing turn until he was facing the centre of the pitch again. He noticed that someone else had joined the line and recognized Cyndi as they drew closer. Excellent!, he thought to himself, happy to have his fellow fourth year out on the pitch.

Bruin gave a quick wave and then dropped into a steep dive, headed directly for the ground near the Quidditch equipment. At the last possible moment, he pulled quickly on the front of his broom bringing his Scarlet Streak to a complete stop with his feet only inches from the turf. He lowered himself to the ground and dismounted, opening the latches on his Quidditch Trunk as he awaited the others.

"Wow." Miranda said, her jaw dropping, "Their REALLY good."

Kiera was pushing her Streak to its limit. She was right behind Bruin and wasnt even sure he knew she was there. She grinned to herself. Bruin was going through the hoop and Kiera made a decision without even thinking about it. Instead of flying through the hoop, she stood up and threw herself over the hoop in a flip. She did one complete flip before landing back on her broom. Kiera had done this so many times it felt completely normal to her but she was sure the first years would like it. It had slowed her down and she saw Bruin diving to the ground. Kiera turned sharply on her broom and sped towards the ground in a spiral dive. She pulled up just in time as she felt her toes skim the grass. She came to a stop by Bruin. "That was fun! Lets play again!" she said cheerfully as she jumped up and down clapping her hands.

Andromeda nearly leapt in the air when she saw Keira performing a flip from her broom over the hoop. She started clapping and cheering wildly.
"That was amazing!" her hands were nearly red now but she was blown away. She had never seen anyone doing that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back