Graduation 2038: The Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
It had been a hard year for the Headmistress, but she tried to focus on the present moment and job. This wasn't something she could miss, so she had to pull her head in and focus on the now. Ava King glanced around the Hall, a small smile on her face. It was a bitter-sweet moment; a moment of sadness, that a number of great students were leaving Hogwarts. No year was ever the same, no student alike. But it was a moment of great pride. Ava was proud of every single student that was graduating. She was proud of the Professor's for teaching everyone well enough for them to pass. Ava watched the graduates and their guests making their way into the hall and each taking their seats. The Professor smiled at each one, knowing that she had to have a brave face for each person today.

Once everyone was seated, the Headmistress made her way to the front of the stage, still smiling to the crowd. "Welcome parents, guests, and most importantly, graduates. Thank-you to everyone who made it here to join us in celebrating and honouring the graduating class of 2038." Ava focused her attention on the students graduating. "Graduates, remember that this is not the end, it is simply the beginning. You are going into a world where anything is possible, so dream big, and work hard. I'd now like to welcome up your Head Boy and Girl, Tybalt Archer and Rosie Reilly." Ava finished before moving away from the podium and clapping for Tybalt and Rosie.

OOCOut of Character:

Out of Character: Important Information
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Graduates please do not post until the Head Boy and Head Girl have posted. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Tybalt Archer could not quite believe what was happening. He had been working so hard throughout the seven years at this school for this moment and yet it being here filled him with amazement. It was strange to think of all the things his year had been through all the exams, all the heartache and friendships was at a close. It was funny to him that he'd worked so hard and now it was over. Today was graduation day and in Ty's mind he honestly couldn't believe it. Tybalt had worked hard over this last semester, and he was hopeful about getting his NEWTs and being able to become a healer. He was hopeful about all the things he might be able to do when he left this hall one final time. There were so many emotions running through Ty that he didn't quite know which one to latch on to. It was as if the head boy could suddenly feel everything under the sun. He'd dressed nice for this occasion, he'd attended two previous graduations both of which in his uniform but this time, he'd worn a suit. He had been given it by his mother over Christmas. Where in first year his clothes were all much too big for him, with too little money in their house to get him better fitting ones to replace them, now he'd grown and the clothes he bought fitted him with ease. His family had come along way since that fateful day he arrived at Hogwarts. He'd grown in confidence, found part of his family and his family had started to move on. Tybalt was nervous, he'd grown in confidence but the thought of speaking in front of this large crowd made butterflies flutter in his stomach. He had something prepared, well, he had a few things in his mind that he thought he should mention but other than that nothing concrete. He'd tried to prepare something but all he'd really managed was just awful. This felt so huge, so momentous that whatever he wrote did not quite cut it. Tybalt Archer knew as the headmistress got up to speak that it would soon be over to him. He looked to her, and found a smile reaching his lips. A nervous smile but really his pride and joy shone too. All too soon, his and Rosie's names were mentioned and he knew it was time. Time for him to get up and address all of these people. Himself and Rosie had agreed that he would go first, so with a small nod, the boy got up and stood at the podium. He looked out over the audience and remembered the first and only other time he'd stood up and faced the hall like this. To be sorted, to have the next seven years decided, and now that was at a close.

"Good afternoon folks," he started, knowing he should probably be more formal, but this was his graduation. "First I would like to offer my congratulations to my fellow graduates, and offer my thanks to our friends, families and professors who join us today." he cleared his throat slightly. "It's funny, don't you think? The last time any of us got up on to this stage it was when we first arrived to get sorted. I was about half the height I am now, and nervous about what the future would hold. I was in a new country and just desperate to not fall on my face" He paused slightly "Being a small first year in such a large and magical school is daunting, you are desperate to find a place, find friends and find out what path you'll take. Somewhere down that line we grew up. Sat our OWLs, forged bonds that will last lifetimes or that we'll happily break off the minute we leave this room. We found a place, friends and maybe a path. School teaches us about the values of friendship, about strength, about being true to ourselves and of course it taught us a little bit of magic." Tybalt took a small pause and a little breath, "In our time here at Hogwarts we've learned a good many things. Like don't annoy Professor Styx unless you want to sign your own death warrant, try to not fall asleep in Professor Spenser's history class, don't question the usefulness of turning a chipmunk into stone in Professor King's Transfiguration class, or even why do so many electives involve telling the future. We've learned that being a professor at Hogwarts is hard because a lot of them don't last very long, and that the new first years were always more bratty than any of us ever remember being." he smiled glancing towards where the professor's were sitting, hoping they didn't mind what he'd said. "We came here as young children, with brand new wands, and a new house, we leave as smart, young adults who can achieve anything but will likely need to get a new house. On the matter of houses, after we leave this hall our Hogwarts Houses will no longer matter. The core values that each of them teach us however is something we should carry with us, the determination of Slytherin, the wisdom of Ravenclaw, the courage of Gryffindor and the loyalty of Hufflepuff."

"Today is the first chapter of the rest of our lives. Today, we graduate. We should hold our heads high and be proud of everything we've done so far. We are amazing young people who will continue to be amazing in whatever we do next. Find love, find a career, explore the world, do nothing. The world is ours, it is at our feet. We leave the comfort of this home today to join the wider world, it's scary but we can do it. Congratulations fellow graduates, I wish you all of the best. I hope you achieve all that you want. Graduates of 2038, let's show all these old guys what young people can do." Tybalt smiled slightly, "Thank you" He finished. A smile on his lips, he wasn't sure how good his speech was, but he was glad it was over. He felt good about it. Happy. He made his way back to his seat, he had been nervous about leaving Hogwarts, but was feeling pretty confident now. He knew he could do it, he would miss Hogwarts but he was ready to move on.
<i></i>

Rosie didn't really like to give speeches. Not that she minded, because speaking in front of others was normally pretty easy for Rosie. The thing she hated was being judged but people she wanted to be respected by. Of course she knew better than to care what others think of her, but she couldn't help but want to be well liked. Even by people she knew would never come to accept her presence. By those that hated her because she was muggle born. That was actually one of the biggest things Rosie wanted to talk about today, the way people treated one another in this school. It bothered her to no end to think that someone could hate someone else just because of their blood status. There were a lot of things on Rosie's mind right now, most of them revolving around what her life was going to be like from here on out. No longer would she be allowed to seek the comforts of Hogwarts. Rosie was going to miss this world, mostly because she wondered how welcome she would be in the magical world once she left this castle for good. In this castle she was protected from those that hated people like her, but out there, was being a witch really what was best for her? Rosie planned on continuing school, whether that be for magic or muggle related curriculum, she had yet to decide. Perhaps Rosie would voice her opinions to Bryce, he was pretty good at answering questions and helping her think things out, why else did she like him? Minus the cute sheepish grin he often had when he was about to get into some trouble. Tybalt went first, which Rosie was not about to complain about. His speech was fairly pleasant, he definitely was a better speaker than Rosie was. After he finished his speech, it was time for Rosie to do hers. Smiling softly at the Headmistress, she made her way up to the podium. After a brief moment, a sigh of readiness left her, and Rosie began her final speech as head girl.

"Greetings, fellow students, friend, and even family. I'm proud to have this group of students as my classmates the past several years. I've grown to know many of them on a personal level, and they are all lovely individuals. Sadly, there are many students I also didn't take the time to get to know. I'm sorry to those I've never had a single conversation with, I know a Head Girl is supposed to get to know the study body and for that I apologize. Just know that I'm proud of all of you though." Rosie started of, trying her best to apologize to the students she had never taken the time to get to know. "I won't keep my speech too long because I know you're all probably eager to get out of here and celebrate, but there are a few thoughts I'd like to leave you with before I go. First, never forget the people you met here. Whether that be the Professors, students, or even one of the house elves. Each and every one of them had something different to teach you, and it's unlikely that you'd be the person you are today without them." Rosie had been taught many things. Like Bryce and how language was universal, and just because you cannot speak, it doesn't mean you cannot communicate. Or with Nikandros, how even the most charming of men can be cruel and evil deep inside. "Next, even though it might be hard, try your best to accept everyone for who they are. I see a lot of hatred in this world based on blood or wealth. What's that going to matter years down the road? We are all born, and we will all die someday. There is no blood or amount of money in the world that can fix that. So if you can find it in your heart to even spare a passing glance at someone you normally wouldn't associate yourself with, you're doing yourself a favor." Rosie had wanted to befriend many students in her year, sadly some of them just couldn't bring it upon themselves to accept Rosie for what she was. Pity, Rosie thought she was a pretty good friend when she wanted to be. "Lastly, promise me that you will do what you can to make this world a better place. Take all the amazing things you have been taught the past seven years, and do something wonderful with them. Go be an Auror, or run a store. Whatever piece of yourself you can leave in this world, is better then going out there and doing nothing. Letting the world forget you, leaving no piece of yourself behind for anyone to remember you by. It all seems very lonely to me. So when you leave today, keep in mind to do something great. It doesn't have to be life-changing, just one thing to make the world a different place from the way you found it. I hope to do the same myself, but we'll see what fate brings." Rosie wanted to do great things, but doing great things wasn't always as easy as one thought. So that's why she suggested it be something small even. Just as long as they do something. Smiling softly, Rosie continued on with her speech.

"I'll quit talking your ear off now. Congratulations class of 2038, be proud of your accomplishments, and go out there and make the world proud!" With that, Rosie finished her speech. It didn't take Rosie long to step away from the podium, she was already tired of feeling so many eyes on her. Her speech may not have been much, but she had written it on her own, and that was enough to make her feel proud. Plus all of her family had come to see her Graduate, even though they were all torn apart. She was sure that her brother was enjoying this trip heavily, magic was one of the few things he never could get enough of.

Ava listened to the Head Boy and Head Girl's speeches, smiling proudly of who they had become. Everyone had come so far since they first started, and Professor King was proud to have been part of their journey. Once they were finished with their speeches, Ava enthusiastically clapped along with the crowd and approached the podium as the two graduates made their way back to their seats.
"Thank-you Miss Reilly and Mr Archer, for your amazing words of encouragement. Class of 2038, remember this day fondly, but keep on keeping on. Don't ever give up; keep that chin up! Congratulations students!" Ava finished warmly. As she called each student up, and shook their hands, Ava wished each and every one of them luck, hoping the best for their futures.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates! You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Preston Paine entered the Great Hall, his shoulders back and a smile on his face. He couldn't believe the path that his life had taken. From the boy who had all been forced through the front doors to give the school a try, Preston had fallen in love with this place and this world, his world. The Slytherin knew that being muggle-born meant he'd have to straddle both worlds, but he planned on making his life in this one. Taking his seat with some of the other prefects, the young man kept turning around every few moments, wondering if his parents had gotten lost. He'd given them very precise instructions on the procedure to bring muggles to the graduation. Finally, Preston spotted his father walking through the doors, confident as ever. Behind him, clutching tightly to his arm was Preston's mother who had never grown comfortable with having a magical son. That she had come to the ceremony anyway was enough for the Slytherin. He waved at them, happy when they remained close to the other muggle families. Preston wanted to keep them as far away from any of the pure blood families for fear that they wouldn't be able to deal well with people who knew as little about their world as they did about the magical world.

As the ceremony began, Preston listened to the Headmistress' message for them. Then, it was time for the Head students to get on stage. The Slytherin had history with Tybalt, but they'd grown in to decent friends. Chuckling at certain spots in his speech, Preston clapped heartily as he finished. Rosie took to the stage and Preston wondered what she was going to say. They'd never been good friends before but they had taken Care of Magical Creatures together which had forced them to interact. Her speech struck a chord with Preston, and he found himself listening even more intently as she continued. When she finished, Preston clapped loudly for her.

Preston was ready to walk across that stage. As his name was finally called, his raised his eyebrows at his schoolmates who hadn't been called yet and grinned. Taking the steps onto the stage two at a time, Preston walked up to the Head Mistress, and held out his hand to shake hers before accepting his diploma. After seven long, wonderful, crazy, stressful years, he had done it. Moving back to his seat, Preston looked down at the piece of parchment that was rolled up in his hands. So many emotions flowed through him, and he couldn't even begin to process it all right now. Instead, he clapped for some of his friends, knowing that some of them he'd never see again while others he'd never be able to get rid of. He didn't know what the future held for him, but he was excited to go on the journey to uncover it all.

Nikandros Matthias made his way into the Great Hall, with a smirk on his face and forgetting an important part of his suit: the black jacket. Whatever though, he thought that he was dressed up enough. Hell, he was still wearing a tie for Merlin's sake! This was it. He was finally getting out of his place. And he had his eyes set on Bulgaria once he left the halls. Nikandros looked down at his hands before he looked for the two that he decided to invite out of his entire family of nut jobs. Arman Matthias, who actually looked sober for once, sitting next to his father, Metrophanes Matthias. Nikandros saw that his dad actually looked proud of him. That alone made Nikandros want to leap from the crowd of seventh years and run to his dad, telling him that he actually did well enough on his NEWTs. For the most part. Nikandros looked at the other guests, and he could definitely tell which one was Alaska's father. Benjamen Zhefarovich was the name, and the look he gave could strike Nikandros cold with an instant. Nikandros suddenly did not want to go to Bulgaria now, but he had to follow the one that he really liked there. There was nothing else that he wanted to do with his life. He'd worry about finding a job once he got there. Nikandros let out a sigh as he turned his head to the Head People.

Tybalt Archer's speech seemed to drag on, which made special mentions to the professors. Truth be told, Nikandros did not care for the guy. All Nikandros really remembered was that he got in the face of the Slytherin prefect that was Alaska's cousin. That was interesting, but he didn't get to see much of it due to a cupcake hitting him in the face, which helped him and Alaska talk even more. 'Do we have to listen to these punks or can we just hurry and graduate so that I can leave?' thought Nikandros as he tapped his foot quietly. After Tybalt was done, Rosie went onto the stage. She was his ex-girlfriend, which he hated. She was a stupid little mudblood and he solely dated her just to get under Bryce's skin, and show the deaf that he couldn't have everything. However, Bryce and Rosie seemed to be an item now, and Nikandros did not care anymore. He mostly ignored her speed. Unlike Tybalt's speech, he did not clap to hers at all. His golden eyes took to the stage when Professor King started to call out names to the graduates. As soon as his name was heard, he ascended the stage, shook her hand and took the diploma from her hand. He muttered, "Good I can get the hell out of here!" He went back to his seat, holding the diploma and waiting for the end so he could join with his family.

Tybalt Archer was very pleased when his speech was over, he was incredibly happy about it. He felt that he managed it fine, and since she'd listened to him, he made sure to continue listening to her. Rosie's speech to him was great, it was perhaps a little more formal than his but it was good nonetheless. Happily he couldn't believe how quickly all this was passing. To the teen it honestly seemed like just a couple of days ago he'd arrived at Hogwarts. He'd first stepped into this room and then managed to get himself sorted into Gryffindor. he couldn't believe how time had passed. The friends he'd made, the enemies, just everything. He missed Indiana, and he missed B, he wished they both could've been there for him, and him for them, but thus was life and he wouldn't wait around for them before he moved on. Happily the teen gathered himself as Rosie rounded off her speech. He clapped with the others but also straightened out the tie and wiped his hands down on his trousers. Just attempting to be more presentable for this moment. For this. He couldn't believe how quickly it had come. Much like in the same way that they'd arrived Professor King read out names.

Ty's surname since it began with an A was pretty early on. He walked up on stage to get his diploma. He could make out his cousin in the audience this time around as he shook the headmistress' hand and muttered a quick thank you. Ty's parents hadn't been able to make it, but he hadn't been fussed by it. They were busy, and Ty hadn't really wanted them there. He liked it just being him and his cousin. Now he had his diploma, Tybalt went back to his seat and sat down. Watching as the rest of his class did the same. His heart felt heavy, this was it. It was over. No more school, no more Gryffindor, no more quidditch team. It was over. He had to say really, the passed 7 years had been pretty great. He thought he had done pretty well. Tybalt clapped along with the others in the hall. The head boy was just happy to have his, and to have made it. This had been great. Tybalt wouldn't change one moment of it.

Ferdinand had shuffled restlessly during each of the headpersons' speeches and continued to fidget while his peers' names were called. Despite the impression his inability to stay still hinted to the students around him, he was not one bit nervous about walking up on stage to get his diploma and a handshake from the headmistress. No, the nerves that had caused him to miss a night of sleep and continued to haunt him during today were because of his parents. Seeing them stroll in without a care in the universe followed by his aunt and uncle looking like the most terrified muggles on earth had put his mind further off-kilter than the lack of sleep had already. His restlessness was a need rather than a desire to get away and leave the cold, emotionless stares of his parents who were surely judging his every move from right this second to when the three of them finally returned home. He was relieved to remember his cousin Mars was by his side, and the support system he had in her that kept his sanity hanging by a thread for a moment long enough to let his his anxieties disintegrate into nothing until she left his side as her name was called. He proudly clapped for his cousin and smiled widely at her on stage however once she returned to her seat his nerves returned in full force.

He zoned out and for a split second he didn't hear his own name ring in his ears, but luckily he stood up in enough time to avoid making a scene. He strolled up on the stage and smiled at the headmistress before shaking her hand as if he were the most confident person, and had not spent the entire graduation ceremony worried out of his mind because of two people he unfortunately called his parents. When he had his diploma in one had he waved to Mars from the stage with the other, and smiled to himself as he walked down towards his seat while refusing to let his polite smile falter until his back was turned to his family. He immediately breathed a sigh of relief as he sat down and flashed another, more genuine smile to Mars before he returned to waiting for the rest of his peers to have their ten seconds on stage. He was proud of his fellow graduates. All of them had survived the past seven years together, and in a way Ferdinand felt like he was friends with everyone in the year spite the fact he only knew most of them by face or on a first name basis. That "friends for life" cliche he read about made sense for a brief second and he never thought it would.

Damon Kyle brushed his long hair, and straightened his suit. He thought that Benjamen had done really well with getting him something like this. He looked pretty sharp. And his dad told him that he needed to make it last as long as possible. Smiling slightly, he noticed that he was gaining a very noticeable mustache. It certainly made him look distinguished. Damon just hoped that today would be a good day for him. He marched to the Great Hall with the other seventh years, only to be greeted by the familiar ceremony he attended for the past two years. Only, this time, he was the one that would be graduating. He took a seat with the rest of the crowd, and as Tybalt and Rosie were doing their speeches, Damon looked behind him to see who all arrived to his graduation. He could see his dad, and beside him, to his shock, his brother actually sat. Samouel. Damon was entirely surprised that he would bother coming along. But, beside Samouel, was Professor Styx. Damon, even though he loved his family, would hate to sit between those two gargantuan men. Damon could hardly stand sitting next to one let alone two! He gave a small wave toward Samouel, to see if he was paying attention. Hopefully, he was. Damon would love to get to know his brother even more, if his brother would corporate. Damon would have to spend some time in the Styx Manor though.

The Hufflepuff Prefect looked back toward the front just as Rosie finished her speech. He clapped for hers, and felt a little bad when he did not clap for Tybalt's. He forgot entirely as he was so focused on the future of his life. He thought about being an artist or something. He was not too sure yet. Damon let out a sigh and he wondered what he could do. Shrugging his shoulders, he listened to the diplomas as they were handed out. Damon finally heard his name called, and he stood up. He walked up to the stage and shook Professor King's hand. He looked at the woman, and instantly felt bad that she had to do all this, while her short-lived marriage came to a harsh end. But, that was life. It happened. Damon took his diploma and he found his seat once more. He was anxious to see his family, and to greet them. He finally graduated from Hogwarts! So much has happened to him over the years. He was adopted, finally had a family, discovered his own family left him, was a pure-blood, retrieved some enemies from that, and finally came into his own.

Bryce Chamberlin thought that he looked rather sharp as he entered the Great Hall, wearing his suit. This was the first suit he bought in a couple of years, since he tore the jacket during the Yule Ball. His mom managed to pull one together just for him. However, she had to work, and that was why he was did not see her as he crossed the Great Hall. Instead, he looked over and saw his older sisters. Liliana, who was blind, and Zinnia, who acted like a mother to them. He waved toward Zinnia, and hoped that she would pass his greeting along to Liliana. Bryce accomplished a lot over his years at the school. Bryce, although he was deaf, managed to become someone who held a lot of titles. He became Accio! Editor when he was younger, and before long, he because Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain. He had been on the team since he was a first year as well. He was a little disappointed that Ravenclaw was never able to take a hold of the cup, but this time, they made it all the way to second place. That was better than nothing. Bryce also took up extra lessons to become a seer, and from what he realized, it worked out for him.

Speeches were something that Bryce was glad that he did not have to endure. However, reading them would be exhausting. He decided to look down and only read bits and pieces of Tybalt's, as he was sure that the Gryffindor was a good one. He would do the world some good. Bryce never felt like he was competing with him, which was good. Bryce had his strengths, which were in the arts of photography. Bryce thought about going into photography after graduation, but he did not know if he needed to do anything Ministry wise. Shrugging his lean shoulders, he looked up as Rosie took the stage. Because he was biased, Bryce read every bit of her speech, and smiled when she finished. He couldn't help himself after all. Now, it was the moment of truth. The moment he would get his diploma. Since his last name started with the letter 'C', he would get his at the beginning. He watched for his name, before he read it on Professor King's lips. He walked up to the stage, retrieved his diploma and he walked back to the others. He never felt better!

Sergei Zhefarovich thought that this day would never come. Graduation. And now that it has arrived, Sergei's feelings did not change. He could not wait to get the hell out of here. Mudblood and half-blood ridden place, yet, his best friend was one of those that his family hated. The only thing he knew about his future was that he was going to move out of his dad's home, and into a place with Valentina. The two agreed to it. Sergei could not wait until he could move his things into their bedroom. Yes, their bedroom. There was a good reason for that. A couple of days ago, Sergei kind of asked Valentina to marry him, and she might have said no, but her smile and kiss meant the exact opposite. The woman who approved of the marriages already said that it was all right due to her heritage. That was a good thing since he was worried about that initially. However, he did not know what he was going to do outside of the school. One thing was for certain, he was going to graduate, leave and never look back. He would hate to be working here or something, like some were.

Sergei found his seat, and he looked back to see the ones he invited. Chavdar and Emerald. They were basically his mom and dad, even though the latter was his father. Things were a little confusing since he was half raised by Asparuh out of punishment. He looked back ahead to see none other than Tybalt giving his speech. He remembered him all right. Getting in his face after he was provoked at the prefect's meeting, only to earn revenge when they dueled, despite him losing. That was enjoyable. Although things were a little awkward when Professor Styx ordered them to the hospital wing. Sergei didn't remember how he got there. Everything was fuzzy. Oh well. Sergei folded his arms across his chest, and waited for the next speech, which he tuned out because the Head Girl had dishonorable blood, and did not earn worthiness. Not like Preston had. Sergei waited for the diplomas to be handed out, and since he was at the very last, he did not expect to get up anytime soon. Eventually, Sergei heard his name. He walked up, got the diploma and could not get out of shaking her hand. He rolled his eyes as he walked back to the crowd, and waited to be dismissed so he can greet his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back