Graduation 2037: The Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Ava Davershire glanced fondly around the Hall, trying to keep her mind off the inevitable. It was a bitter-sweet moment; a moment of sadness, that a number of great students were leaving Hogwarts. No year was ever the same, no student alike. But it was a moment of great pride. Ava was proud of every single student that was graduating. She was proud of the Professor's for teaching everyone well enough for them to pass. Ava watched the graduates and their guests making their way into the hall and each taking their seats. The Professor smiled at each one, knowing that she had to have a brave face for each person today; a new lot of students would be coming in the next year, and she would have to try to get used to saying goodbye to students, even though there were some students she knew the Professors weren't too upset about leaving.

Once everyone was seated, the Headmistress made her way to the front of the stage, smiling excitedly to the crowd. "Welcome parents, guests, and most importantly, graduates. Thank-you to everyone who made it here to join us in celebrating and honouring the graduating class of 2037." Ava focused her attention on the students graduating. "Graduates, remember that this is not the end, it is simply the beginning. You are going into a world where anything is possible, so dream big, and work hard. I'd now like to welcome up your Head Boy and Girl, Raziel Kim and Ai Edogawa." Ava finished before moving away from the podium and clapping for Raziel and Ai.

OOCOut of Character:

Out of Character: Important Information
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Graduates please do not post until the Head Boy and Head Girl have posted. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Ai Edogawa had never, ever expected that her nerves would be completely over the edge. Tonight was a special night though. Graduation. And being the Head Girl, she is supposed to do a speech. Ai had never been good with speeches, so she had prepared hers earlier on. But that didn't stop her nerves from going on overload in front of the crowd, a lot of eyes on her and her rather big stomach. Of course, others already found out. She was already into her 26th week of her pregnancy and she could feel herself getting heavier and not to mention larger as well. She had thought that her robes would at least do something to hide the obvious baby bump she now sported, but obviously it did not. Before, she had been worried. Now, she was ready to face everything. And so, she stood patiently, rubbing her bump occasionally as Headmistress Davershire addressed the crowd and Ai let herself be lost in thought. Though, she was cut out of her reverie all too easily when their names had been called for their speeches, and well, she had to go first. At least that's what she and Raziel had 'discussed'.

You'll be fine. You got the copy of your speech right here, she told herself before beginning to read her prepared lines. "Good evening Headmistress, professors, guests, and most of all, to my fellow graduates," she said before finally looking up and taking a glance at everyone within the Great Hall. And an all too sudden realization entered her brain. Well, she had always been spontaneous and against the flow of everything. So what should be different now? "Uhm... I have a prepared speech here," she said with a sheepish smile before picking them all up and waving them in front of her. "It's not particularly special. Just something I prepared for tonight. But now that I'm standing here, I'm starting to think that this one is rubbish," Ai muttered as she stared at the pieces of parchment in disgust and irritation. "Congratulations... Sorry... Blah, blah, blah... Do well, congratulations," the Head Girl muttered loudly enough as if giving them a summary of how boring her original speech was. "So yeah... Screw this," she said clearly as the once smooth pieces of parchment were crumpled into a shape of a ball. Without second thought, she threw the trash behind her, not caring where it had landed. "A piece of paper will never be enough to tell all of you about our class. It would never be enough for the message I wish to give you all tonight," Ai said with a sigh. She threw away what she had prepared and she was not going to regret it. Even if she said something majorly stupid. But maybe a simple reminder would suit the occasion, yes? "I will not pretend to be the most inspirational nor the best example in this school. And I will not pretend to be an all-knowing counsellor here. Right now, I'm no Head Girl. No Huflepuff. I'm just another graduate. Just another person who will leave Hogwarts New Zealand, my home for the past seven years. And yet, tonight, despite all the things you might think about me right now, I will walk through those doors proudly." Surprisingly, she sported a grin on her face and brought up a question she knew that ran through some of their minds. "Why...? Because for seven years in Hogwarts, I survived," Ai said rather proudly before her brows furrowed and frowned as she found herself disagreeing with herself. She shook her head and waved her hands defensively in front of her. "I'm sorry... That was inaccurate," the girl said sheepishly. "Rather than survived... I lived," Ai did not know what else to say but she ultimately found herself contented with her summary. Surviving was different from living. She knew that much.

"Like all of you, I can still remember the past years I have spent," Ai said with a smile and found it nerve-wrecking that she took the first to the last step of her Hogwarts journey with most of the graduates present. "We fought, we made friends and we established a family. With the lot I have fought with, I should apologize like how my speech was supposed to go," she said with a small chuckle. "Sorry Taylor... Sorry Conan... Sorry Miah..." she said but stopped abruptly and sheepishly. "But, my list is too long. And besides, what do I have to say sorry for if I regret nothing?" the Head Girl said with a shrug as she spoke with only the truth and nothing but the truth. "Instead, to those I fought with... thank you. Thank you for teaching me my mistakes and my flaws and for helping me realize things about myself that I would never have realized alone. To those who hurt me, thank you for giving me a wake-up call." She would not dare repeat this ever again, and though it may seem like a joke to many, it was not. "And believe me, there's no sarcasm here," she chuckled as she felt the need to clarify that. With her gratitude expressed, Ai couldn't help but ask her fellow graduates, "How about you? Do you have someone to say 'Thank you' to? You might as well do it before the night ends because it may be your last chance to do so. Fix up those ties instead of bringing home regret." A smile was present on the Head Girl as she looked over to certain students, maintaining eye contact and though her tone was clear, there was nervousness. But she knew that some deserved to hear this, "Also, I should probably say something to those I have wronged and those I have hurt, I'm sorry. And for the years it took to say that, I'm sorry."

Ai had barely noticed when she had begun to rub the baby bump in her midsection as she took a deep breath. She might as well admit it. "I should also apologize perhaps for being pregnant while in school," the girl said as she leaned on the podium a little for the support to balance herself before she spoke. "But I won't... I'm not ashamed of my condition nor am I going to apologize for being the bad example I am," Instead of being the terrified girl she was, she stood proud tonight. "Instead, I am thanking the professors for their everlasting guidance and for making Hogwarts New Zealand the safe and responsible school it was, it is and it always will be," Ai said with pride at her professors that had been working so hard and she had come to know as sort-of parents for the past years of her stay in Hogwarts. "Being in school... Being a teenager... These are the times to make a lot of mistakes. Learn from each one and regret none." Ai grinned. "Because when you're out there, you no longer have Professor Davershire to lead you. No Professor Kingsley to guide you. No Professor Spenser to help you. No Professor Kingston to care for you. Or even Professor Styx to scare the wits out of you to make sure you do things right! I won't even have Professor Hayes to give me a year-long detention!" The words just slipped out and the Head Girl just smiled sheepishly at the antics she had and muttered her apology to the faculty, "No offense... Sorry, professors. Point is, we won't have them with us or any other professor to guide us down the right path. Instead, as growing adults, we'll be on our own, trying to figure things out, getting by and wanting to do things right," she said with utter confidence to make up for her rambles.

Ai decided that she let them suffer enough. It was time to end with a message she hoped they would not forget. "Seven long years, we made it. Let us be remembered not by the endless antics or the constant headaches we gave our professors. Not by the mess of a meeting and house points or the all too silent Head Boy or the pregnant Head Girl. Instead, let us be remembered by our diversity and yet the unity that stands within us when it matters the most. We may not have noticed it was there. You may deny it all you want. But now that I stand here in front of you, reminiscing the time we were together: good or bad, I for one, know it is there," Ai said with a rather confident tone. She knew what she was saying even if it was something that came to her when she stood in front of everybody tonight. "We made it and even when we get out there, we may have left Hogwarts, but it will never leave us. So don't feel sad, nervous or scared," Ai grinned as she encouraged everyone, though she knew they didn't need it. Yep, definitely not. What they need is for her to end the speech. "Keep your heads up. And when the time comes, walk through those doors with pride. We are the proud Graduates of 2037 and we made it!" With one final glance at everyone present in the room, she smiled brightly. "Congratulations to all my fellow graduates! Congratulations to all! Thank you," Ai said before returning to Raziel's side and even catching sight of her copy of the original speech, but she knew that it didn't matter now. But, surely, the Ravenclaw's speech was something she was looking forward to.

It seemed like yesterday when he first set his feet on the majestic halls of Hogwarts New Zealand. Seven years had indeed flown without him fully realizing it. And now, here he was, seventeen years of age, unexpected head boy, with his pale hair framing his equally pale face, sitting among the students, who, like him, were soon to leave the school which served as their home for the past seven years, and this time, it would be for good. There would be no coming back after the holiday, no more classes to attend, no more detentions, no more exams to sit on. They would be graduating. It would be the end of their journey as a Hogwarts student. An end of a chapter of their lives, and a start of a new one.

Though Raziel had never been a social butterfly, and though he spent majority of his years by himself, sometimes in the company of his friend, Dante (Though he still did consider Conan as a friend despite not being able to spend much time with him), he would surely miss the place. He had been a fairly average student, sailing through his classes without attracting much attention to himself (which was a choice, as opposed to what was thought by many as a consequence of him being inept at conversing and connecting with other people), that it was such a surprise when he had been awarded head boy. Hogwarts had taught him a lot, and though he wasn't really fond of the student population, he did love the school. It might be odd to like a place and dislike the other things that had to do with it, but such was the case with him. He liked the library full of books, which, unfortunately, he hadn't had much time to read, he liked the lakefront, he liked the Ravenclaw common room, he liked the school. He might not miss the noise, the students (with the exception of Dante and Conan of course), not the professors, but he would miss Hogwarts. Hogwarts had accepted him for who he was, despite the monster lurking within him, ready to come out every full moon, protected him, and for that, he was infinitely thankful. Perhaps that was the real reason why, despite not being a leader and not liking the responsibility, he decided to keep being a head boy (his family and Dante, again, was another reason). He would not deny, however, that he did thought about giving the title up, for it was too much trouble, but it was also that title that had made him discover and experience more things, even though he wasn't very happy with all of it. His seventh year had been eventful, with it starting with that disastrous prefect meeting, which, even if one would ask him now, he didn't regret. It did put him in some students' list of most disliked persons, but he didn't care. He made a choice then, that was it.

The Ravenclaw shook his head, he was getting rather bored and rather hungry too, but it would be rude to just stand up when the head girl was giving her 'lengthy' speech (at least in his opinion, it was lengthy, in fact, he was getting tired by just listening to her talk). And besides, he had to do one more thing in this ceremony, something which he wasn't really looking forward to. Raziel didn't like a lot of the head boy's responsibilities, but among those which was 'written' in his job description, it was perhaps this one that he didn't like the most. If you knew Raziel Kim, you would know that he rarely speaks, and he ever does, it was in small sentences, and often directed towards a small group, if not one person, not to this many. Contrary to what other's might think though, it wasn't because he was shy, for he was far from being shy. He just didn't like talking. Talking was just a waste especially if the receiver wasn't interested in what you were saying. He could speak for the other students, but he wasn't really interested to what was being said by the head girl right now. He had nothing against the head girl though, for she had been a great help during the past year. But he had other things to do, like 'say' goodbye to his friend for example. But perhaps, her speech could inspire the students, after all, people tend to shine when they had people believing in them.

The head boy shifted in his seat, changing position as his muscles were growing stiff already. He would be speaking next (an agreement between him and Ai), and he hadn't really prepared anything. At least, he hadn't prepared a speech as long as Ai's. These people had their own wills, and Ai had already done a great job at giving them a push. Soon, it was his turn and he walked slowly towards the podium. He didn't like the attention that he was receiving but as usual, his face remained impassive. He bend down to pick up the piece of parchment that used to be the speech that the head girl had prepared and put it in his pocket. It wasn't really nice to make a mess after all. He then straightened his posture, approached the podium, and surveyed the crowd with a rather blank look, as if he rather be somewhere else that stand where he was now, which was true. (he still had books to read and things to accomplish after all). He wasn't inspirational. Merlin! He wasn't even an optimist. He was silent for what seemed like a minute, just him watching the crowd with his observant eyes, and when he opened his mouth, it wasn't to greet anyone nor to congratulate them. "...She said everything." It wasn't such a good way to start a speech, in fact, when one is being asked to prepare a speech, one should never start it this way, and never end it this way too, but in Raziel's case, it was highly likely that this would be the end of his 'speech' already. But it was true, Ai had already said everything. Anything he says would just echo her message, it wouldn't make any difference. And if people were listening to Ai, they didn't need him to repeat her message yet again. He bowed, ready to leave and return to his seat, but a glimpse of the headmaster, his family, and some familiar faces made him consider his actions a bit. Graduations, he thought, weren't really for the students, it was more for their family and the school. Raziel owed his family, he owed his school too, so maybe, he owed these students as well. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to leave his comfort zone and speak a few more just this time, he didn't have to say much. Kind words were short and easy to speak, but their echoes would last long. He approached the podium again, "Find your purpose... best wishes," he added, though his tone was still flat it didn't sound as inspirational and as sincere as opposed as to when someone would speak it with emotion. He meant every single word though. And with a nod, he took a step back and made a full ninety degree bow. He had said enough, and coupled with Ai's speech, they already done a lot of inspiring for this day. He then returned to his seat and once seated, he took out the parchment from his pocket and handed it back to the head girl. It was hers after all.

Ava listened to the Head Boy and Head Girl's speeches, smiling proudly of who they had become. Everyone had come so far since they first started, and Professor Davershire was proud to have been part of their journey. Once they were finished with their speeches, Ava enthusiastically clapped along with the crowd and approached the podium as the two graduates made their way back to their seats.
"Thank-you Miss Edogawa and Mr Kim, for your, uh, amazing words of encouragement. Class of 2037, remember this day fondly, but keep on keeping on. Don't ever give up; keep that chin up! Congratulations students!" Ava finished warmly. As she called each student up, and shook their hands, Ava wished each and every one of them luck, hoping the best for their futures.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates! You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

</SIZE></COLOR></FONT>
Today was the day. Heath was going to walk out of those school doors and never look back. He wished that he could invite his sister, but that was not possible. She was a muggle, and she did not want much to do with the magical community. Heath had a hard time sitting still. He simply wanted to get his diploma and leave. He had packed all of his things, and he was ready to walk out the doors he entered seven years ago. He tried to make this as emotionless as possible. He was grateful for the oppurtunity to become a Prefect. He was lucky to have met a few good people. But, it was hard for him to keep his composure when Ai took the stage. Simply seeing her brought so many emotions to him. One was anger. Another was guilt. But, the one that w as s the strongest was his loyalty to her. She had been such a good friend. He did not want to admit it, but he would miss her.

Heath hoped that the school would improve after he left. He wanted the younger years and future stuemts to have a great time at this school. He did not take advantage of what Hogwarts had to offer him. That was his biggest regret, and he did not have the time to make up for it either. He kept wiping his eyes so that he wouldn't let the tears escape from his eyes. Ai and Raziel had long finished their spespeeches, and names were now being called. For the past several weeks he had prepared himself not to cry. He was still failing at pep talking himself. Soon, his name was called. He did not have long hair to cover his face. He only had his long stride to guide him to the stage and off. Heath stood up and made his way to the stage. The Headmistress handed him his diploma, and she wished him good luck. He nodded and gave a small smile. He walked off the stage and back to his seat. The piece of parchment in his hands was the key to the chains tthat kept him here. His sister would finally let him do his own thing. He did not have Robert about school anymore. He was finally done with Hogwarts.

<FONT font="Verdana"><COLOR color="Black"><SIZE size="50">

Taylor Blare was finally Graduating. She couldn't believe it. When she had started school all those years ago, she had never thought she would end up like this. It had always been her thought that she would end up living with her parents back in New Zealand or Australia, or anywhere they wanted to live. However she had never expected to be an orphan living with her aunt and uncle and engaged to be married. Well, technically engaged, it wasn't actually official and there wasn't any ring ceremony or anything. The only ring she had was a red ruby ring and it was more a promise then anything else, but it was a promise between herself and the one she loved, so it still counted in her eyes. Graduation was a big thing and so she was determined to make the most of it, that was for certain. She loved this school and everything she had learned whilst here and though she'd had her fair share of ups and downs, she would never trade it for anything, but Taylor was ready to go out into the world and she was determined to make sure it happened. Smiling to herself, Taylor twirled the ring on her finger as she listened to Ai's speech. They were friends now, sort of, they'd been through a lot together and she had finally eventually succeeded in getting the siblings to talk to each other. It was a feat she'd been trying to achieve for rather a time and she was ecstatic when she'd gotten it done. They'd been driving her bloody mental.

Though the speech wasn't quite what she expected, she had to admit that she was very proud of her soon-to-be sister-in-law. She loved Conan dearly and she'd always maintained that she would do anything for Conan and if that meant being tolerant of his sister and family, then by Merlin she would do it. Not that she had to "endure" Ai. She had been trying to be the others friend since they'd first met in first year. It had been only Ai that had kept the problems going. But it was all resolved now and in the past, so it mattered little. Taylor clapped with the rest of her classmates as Ai's speech came to an end and she awaited a response from Raziel, though she didn't expect much and so wasn't disappointed when she got less then ten words. She smiled never-the-less and clapped him as well. There were definitely some things she was going to miss about school and having a practically mute head boy was probably one of them. Liam Nightray and Jeremiah Raven kissing her however, was something she was really rather forget. Soon her name was called and Taylor walked across the stage, nodding and smiling as she received her diploma and kept walking. Now all she needed to do with her life was join a Quidditch team and she would be set. She was finally free to live her life on her terms and nobody, was going to stop her.

Ai Edogawa couldn't believe she was graduating. If somebody told her six years ago that she would be a pregnant Head Girl, somewhat a friend to Taylor and totally okay with her brother's engagement to the Gryffindor, she would have seriously thought that they needed to go to the hospital and get their brains check for brain damage. Because seriously, who would have expected her life to go that much up and that much down in a span of six years that she didn't even know whether to consider very long or very short. Somehow, she was sick of Hogwarts and yet she didn't have enough. She had no regrets over the past few years though, and even if she did have them, tonight, when she faced the audience of her earlier fears, she had also faced her regrets. Regrets that had now dissipated and faded into fragments of lessons that she had learned for the future. Now, she was proud of herself and her brother and the Head Boy and the rest of the graduates of this year. In fact, she was quite proud of Raziel that he had spoken more than five words for today and though he might not like her, she had taken a liking to him though their subtle relation had probably reached its end.

As her name neared to be called, she stood in front of Conan, her receiving her diploma before him. Even after that speech she had given, and even now that she was merely waiting for her name to be called, she still couldn't believe that she was graduating. But then again, she was happy that at the very least, she could maybe give a life to her child. After all, the life inside of her was what had kept her going through her last semester of school. Soon enough, Ai's name was called and with a smile, a sharp intake of breath, she walked with pride and thanked the Headmistress for the diploma she had received. She remembered her first year in school and every other important event that went on for her. All of it were significant, all of them were precious memories. Memories that she'll carry on outside of Hogwarts. She walked back to her seat and stared at the diploma in her hands. The only thing left to do was secure a life for her and her child.

Conan Edogawa's nerves were completely on the edge. And that was not a normal thing. When was the last time he had his nerves like this? It was probably when he and Ai spoke for the first time in years. A conversation that did not lead to them aiming for each other's throats. A conversation that finally brought them to an understanding. Though the news he had received that day were a mixed of pleasantry and the total opposite. After all, despite the years they had both lost, Ai was still his sister, and knowing that a certain Gryffindor had defiled her made him want to do unthinkable and brutal things to the said male. Now though, his nerves were more or less focused on graduation. The end and the beginning. The Hufflepuff was entranced by his sister as she said her speech. She really was spontaneous and he couldn't help but grin at her words. She had grown a long way from the vicious and cowardly girl he knew and he had been an idiot to realized that only a few months ago. Then there was also Raziel. One of his friends since his first year and now he was proud of the Head Boy and his growth.

Sooner than he would have liked, the speeches ended. And it was probably because of the very short words of his friend, but Conan didn't mind in the least. He just hoped though that his friend would have just stayed there a tad bit longer even without talking. Just staring. Like he had always done years before. Stare. But then again, it was only postponing the inevitable. They were graduating tonight and when they walk through those doors, they'd no longer be kids. Conan would be looking for work and trying his best to give Taylor a comfortable life before they can both settle down permanently. With a rather deep breath, Conan walked towards the headmistress when his name was called. This was it indeed. As he received his diploma, he couldn't help the grin that formed on his lips as he thanked the faculty and beamed at his fellow graduates. He could do this. He had made it through Hogwarts, he will make it through in the outside world. Besides, he will have Taylor right beside him the whole time. And because of that, nothing else mattered to him but her.

Jeremiah could not wait to get out of this school. He had been here since he was eleven years old, and it was a home to him for all those years. Up until just recently, this was where he spent his time, with friends, and the occasional family member. He had gained and lost friends over his time here - probably lost more than gained, actually. The amount of mistakes he had made over the years could not be counted, and the Gryffindor found himself grateful that the time had come to end all of this. With his ex-girlfriend about to have their child at any moment, and his current girlfriend now expecting, his life was set out before him. He would need to get a job, and support his family, and try to find some sort of happiness out of doing both. The first step towards such a responsibility, however, was getting through this without jumping off the stage to be trampled. The Gryffindor sat slouched, with his hands in his lap. He wanted nothing but for Ai to hurry up with her blasted speech. She would have them all leave with grey beards touching the floor before she was done, and it was frustrating him. he wanted nothing more than to have all of this over quickly, and get out of here to whatever life would bring next. he had no family here to see him off, as he did not want anyone here - although Ciro was a natural attendee because of his position at the school. He sighed, and decided to look for the only person he wanted to see right now, Arianna.

He and Arianna had made some mistakes together, but he cared about her, and she him as far as he could tell. He had not known her since first year, but she was the person he expected to keep up with. Whatever life throw at them, he was willing to be with Arianna. Even if it meant putting up with her stupid cousin, Liam. It was a price he had to pay in order to stay with Arianna. He took a deep breath as it was his time to hit the stage, and walked up to collect his diploma, which was nothing amazing. But this was it, finally. He was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back