Graduation 2033: The Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Ava Davershire glanced fondly around the Hall, trying to keep her mind off the inevitable. It was a bitter-sweet moment; a moment of sadness, that a number of great students were leaving Hogwarts. No year was ever the same, no student alike. But it was a moment of great pride. Ava was proud of every single student that was graduating. She was proud of the Professor's for teaching everyone well enough for them to pass. Ava watched the graduates and their guests making their way into the hall and each taking their seats. The Professor smiled at each one, knowing that she had to have a brave face for each person today; a new lot of students would be coming in the next year, and she would have to try to get used to saying goodbye to students.

Once everyone was seated, the Headmistress made her way to the front of the stage, smiling nervously to the crowd. "Welcome parents, guests, and most importantly, graduates. Thank-you to everyone who made it here to join us in celebrating and honouring the graduating class of 2033." Ava focused her attention on the students graduating. "Graduates, remember that this is not the end, it is simply the beginning. You are going into a world where anything is possible, so dream big, and work hard. I'd now like to welcome up your Head Boy and Girl, Isaia Romanes and Kate Moon." Ava finished before moving away from the podium and clapping for Isaia and Kate.

OOCOut of Character:
Out of Character: Important Information
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Graduates please do not post until the Head Boy and Head Girl have posted. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Isaia Romanes was unsure if he wanted to graduate today. He would be leaving behind his loved ones. Well, loved one. Aphrodite Snow. She was amazing, she was everything to him. More important than the NEWTs, the badge that read off 'Head Boy' and finally, life itself. Life without her seemed really bleak. As far as he knew, he did pretty well when it came down to the NEWTs themselves, and very happy to have them done and over with. He did not want to have anything to do with them anymore. No more classes, no more sneaking out and having some fun kissing sessions with Aphrodite in the Prefects Common Room, no more Quidditch. All of it was registering to him. He was at least glad to have his family there and looking for him. He would have invited more, but he was not allowed to invite everyone he could. So he was going to invite who he could. Sergios was not one of them, but he had things to deal with by himself. After this year, Sergios would be alone for a little while. Acia would be coming to school soon too, which made Isaia wonder what house he would be in. Every sibling was in a different house. Isaia was betting on Ravenclaw because the boy was bright, but he was cold too. The coldness freaked him out a bit. However he was going to have to push that aside right now. Entering the Great Hall with the others, he went to be next to the Head Girl, since both would have to give out speeches. He had wrote his months ago, and finished it the previous night. He had to make sure that it was perfect! However he was a little frightened over what he was going to have to say. When it was his turn to go up to the podium and give out his speech, Isaia made sure his note cards were in order, and he walked up there. Dressed formally, with his Head Boy badge gleaming from his chest. His hazel eyes washed over the crowd as he straightened up his suit. He felt like someone just rubbed sand paper all over the tongue. As soon as he looked over at Aphrodite, he received a boos of confidence, and he was ready to begin the speech.

"Hey guys, never thought that we would have been here after so long. Something none of us would have figured in a million years. We have the NEWTs done and under the belts. I bet when we were first years, we never would have thought to make so many good friends, loves and mentors." He paused for a minute and added with a bit of a chuckle, "And don't forget the enemies along the way, never a shortage of those." He used to but he did not have any anymore. Not until he and Doriano settled their differences and the author of that damned magazine. So far, the speech was showing to be good so far. Isaia just hoped that it would not be cliched like the others he had heard. Well, most speeches now were cliched all to hell but what could he do? Isaia put on a smile and he continued on, "I know you probably don't want to sit here for too long, listening to a long speech about how we made it, but I'm sorry that this will be exactly that. When we set foot into the castle, we were only worried about what house we were going into, what friends we would make. It was just months later did we have something else to worry about. Exams, and then the OWLs, perhaps a few professors and then the NEWTs." There was a point that he was getting to, and he was hoping that no one was going to go to sleep before he made his point. The point was, no one was going to have to worry about the small things. They all conquered them together, so they did not need to worry at all, right? That was what Isaia was thinking. "My point to you is, you might worry over what is going to happen after you leave the schools. You once worried about exams, but were they all that bad? Probably not for most of you. So why spend time worrying over something so trivial? You all can do so much more if you simply don't waste such time with bad thoughts, and more time with thoughts that can push you on your way." Isaia was more or less trying to give everyone a bit of wisdom before he would go on about thanking everyone for such a good time in every sort of class and event that they went through. It felt nice that he had won a game in Quidditch in some time. And his brother had lost, and girlfriend, so it was a win-lose situation either way. Brushing some of his hair out of his face, he smiled to the others to catch his breath for a small moment.

Sometimes it seemed to go by really fast while one was working hard on their speech. He looked over them and made sure that no one was asleep. That would be embarrassing. "I would like to say thanks to the professors that gave me the opportunity to learn so much, and everyone else should do. Without them, you would not know as much magic, or about the world. Without them, you would not have a job after all of this. A job worth fighting for. I would like to say thanks to Professor Spenser for allowing me to become a leader for the students of Ravenclaw, and whomever decided that I would be Head Boy." Isaia paused once more for a breath, knowing that if he were trying to run for Minister, then he would be helpless with speeches with all of these pauses. "Thanks to all of the people I have met this long seven years. You guys are all amazing, and I know that you will do fine. Either you go forth out of here with a diploma in your hand and your loved one in another, or you go out there with just the diploma, whichever the case, you will all find work, love and friendships that will last a lifetime, even for those that did not make any while you were here." Isaia chuckled a bit, knowing that he was talking about himself at some point there too. He did not make many friends, but he did have a lover now, and that was better than nothing at all. For that, he was very happy and pleased. He could not have asked for a better seven years here in Hogwarts New Zealand. So it was time to wrap up the speech as well. "Be proud of yourselves, graduates. We are class of two thousand thirty-three. We survived the seven long years of schooling. Be proud and congrats to us all!" Isaia finished up his speech and he walked off of the podium. He would have to wonder how the Head Girl, Kate Moon, would fare in her speech. Would it be nearly as long as his own? Would she even have something planned? Even now, Isaia was still convinced that her twin sister, Sara Moon, should have gotten the badge over Kate. But that was his personal feelings. Isaia stepped down and he waited to get his diploma, and go embrace Aphrodite. He was thankful he did not throw up.

Kate was nervous. Today was graduation day. She had never really thought about this day before this year. Graduation had seemed liked such a foreign subject. She had been the type of person who only thought about the few days ahead of her, not years. She still was unsure as to what she wanted to do once she left Hogwarts. It was still hazy but for now she wasn't worrying. Today she wanted to be happy and enjoy the day. Of course she wouldn't be able to do so until the speech was over. Since she had never expected to be Head Girl she had never thought she would have to stand up in front of so many people and make a speech. Kate had no problem preforming in front of lots of people but making a speech that was not her forte. Still she had to make one none the less. She had tried writing one a bunch of times but to no avail, she just hoped she would be able to wing it and not make a fool of herself. She was sitting down, waiting for the Headmistress to begin the graduation. She knew her family was watching, Stefan and Sammy were here also. She hoped that after she received the diploma she would have a nice day. Soon the ceremony started. Isaia got up and said his speech. Kate thought he did a great job and she clapped loudly at the end of his speech. It was now her turn. She took a deep breath and walked up to the podium.

“Hello everyone” She said clearing her throat nervously. There were so many people, all watching here. “I must say I never expected to be standing up here, making this speech”She said glancing at her sister and smiling slightly “But I must say I’m glad to have been made Head Girl and I really want to thank whoever chose me for believing in me” She said, her eyes glancing over to the Professors. Her eyes scanded the crowd looking for someone in particular “I’d say everyone can agree with me when I say we have all changed from first year.”She said glancing at her fellow seventh years “We have all experienced changes we probably never expected when we first walked through these doors”She said pausing again. “But I hope everyone can say that they have grown as a person from these changes and that no matter how tough life got, they carried on and took what life threw at them”She said her eyes scanning the crowd until they finally found Stefan. A smile appeared on her face when she locked eyes with him “We all have to remember that Hogwarts is the last stretch before we go out into the big bad world and that no matter how bad a time we had here, it’s only school. Life will always get better no matter how bad it may seem”She said smiling at everyone. She hoped she was doing an okay job

“We may have bad memories of here but no one can say that did not make happy memories during their time in Hogwarts”Kate said pausing once more and looking around at the crowd “Think of all the friends you have made, think of all the people you have shared wonderful memories with and think of all the people who will be with you for the rest of your life”Kate said smiling at her close friends who she hoped would stick by her, her eyes also locked with Stefan, her cheeks going slightly red. She definitely hoped he would stay by her side. “I hope everyone can say that they have enjoyed their time in Hogwarts and even if you didn’t just remember that seven years in the big scale of things is that not long a time at all and we have so much more to look forward to once we leave Hogwarts”She said smiling at her classmates. She was nearly finished, she hoped she hadn’t bored anyone “I’d just like to say thanks to the Professors who have been great over the years and have helped us pass our exams and teach us all we know today”She said smiling at the Professors. She looked up at everyone a huge grin on her face “Finally, I think the class of two thousand and thirty-three should give themselves a round of applause for all they have achieved and I wish everyone good luck for the future!”She said, smiling as everyone clapped. She walked down from the podium, her hands shaking but glad the speech was over. She could now enjoy the rest of her graduation even though in some respects it was a sad day. She sat back down and waited to get her diploma and find the rest of her family.

Ava listened to the Head Boy and Head Girl's speeches, smiling proudly of who they had become. Everyone had come so far since they first started, and Professor Davershire was proud to have been part of their journey. Once they were finished with their speeches, Ava enthusiastically clapped along with the crowd and approached the podium as the two graduates made their way back to their seats.
"Thank-you Miss Moon and Mr Romanes, for your amazing words of encouragement. Class of 2031, remember this day fondly, but keep keeping on. Don't ever give up. Congratulations students." Ava finished warmly. As she called each student up, and shook their hands, Ava wished each and every one of them luck, hoping the best for their futures.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates, you can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Tara was surprised how fast the last day of the school had come the last semester had seemed to fly by. every free minute she had spent in the kitchen perfecting this dish or that, as unlike her classmates who she knew had goals to become aurors and other skilled jobs that required high newt grades Tara had a much more simple goal in life, making people happy by cooking them good food. Her secret was that she always put others before herself even if it changed the course of her life. it was days like today that made her realise how important things like family, friends and faith were. she had spent the early morning giving thanks to everyone burning incence and making offerings on a small shrine that had taken the top of her draws since she had started at the school. however soon the morning had flown by and it was time to start getting ready.
dressed in a brightly coloured kameez she made her way to the great hall. she had been told it may be a little underdressed by her friends and employer Meera who had offered to buy her a posh dress, or at least sugested she wear a sari. but she had declined as this colourful kameez had been her mother when she was her age, the most fine peace of clothing she could ever remember her mum wearing other than her wedding dress that she had seen in photos. this Kameez felt like the only peace of her family present at the ceremony. Family that always meant so much to her and were unable to attend as they were muggles and had no way to leave india. instead Meera and Praneil, her former honorary big brother and former fiance were here to support her. she took a seat at the front with the other graduates chatting excitedly until the ceremony started.
as soon as the headmistress spoke up a hush fell over the hall and she listened as first the lady then the head boy and then her friend kate gave speeches. they were all good speeches and she was once again grateful for the opportunity she had here. she clapped each of the speeches and everyone who went up to get the diploma. eventually Tara Sitara, Hufflepuff was called and she headed onto the stage. a huge smile crossing her face. when she received it she was sure she saw a camera flash and looking in that direction she saw praneil and Meera who had apparently found each other to sit with. not that it was hard to figure out who her two guests were. the only indian student had the only indian guests. she smiled at them as praneils camera flashed again and she realised how much had changed since the first time she had crossed this stage. she had loved she had lost, she had learned about a whole world of magic she had not known of previously, she had grown up into the young lady she was today.
her green eyes started to fill with tears as she took her seat again watching the end of the ceremony as it slowly became blurry. now was her time to make one of the toughest decisions. should she return home. and follow her families customs, her homes customs, an arranged marriage and children, likely never being able to do magic again or would she stay here follow her dreams and open a cafe, and help her family through regular payments. she had a few months of summer working for the guptas to decide. soon it was over and she had officially graduated. she went to her friends, gave them all hugs (even Stefan) and said she would miss them and wished them well and said they should all keep in touch. before eventually making it out of the graduates crowd and found meera and Praneil.

Turn the clock back just over seven years, and Stefan Archer, would've appeared very different. The closed off young boy, who barely spoke, who flinched at almost every movement remotely in his direction was very different from the teen that had awoken that morning in the Slytherin common room. The young boy that had somehow managed to have magic had barely anything else, little height, little weight, no money, no love, a barely functioning father, who functioned in a very incorrect way. The bad of his life at the point seven years before far outweighed the good, now, seven years on the reverse was true. Stefan Archer was still monochromatic, he was still pretty skint, but, he was tall, he was in love with a truly stunning girl, and his father was no longer a factor in his life. In the grand scheme of things, the Stefan Archer who was getting dressed on the day of his graduation was a Stefan much, much better of. Little did most realise, how the school had truly saved his life. The teen could vividly remember the winter before the start of his very first term. He had truly believed the entire thing to be untrue. For his father to have decided to play a huge elaborate trick on him, that would end with Stefan feeling even worse than before. No where in his mind, had Stefan ever thought that the trick would not only be untrue, but would lead to this. Sure, he had gotten a little lost along the way, he had drifted away from the path, and his life hadn't really gotten easier as soon as he'd entered school, but he was a graduating Seventh year, and Stefan was certain that if he somehow ended up going back in time and waking up as the eleven year old boy on the day leaving for the school, he would do it all again, exactly as the this time. The young boy that had first stepped through the door of the great hall, sporting a black eye, and a bandaged arm, shaking to his very core had never thought even happiness would be something he would really feel. Or that he would ever actually see thirteen, let alone eighteen. It was funny how time changed things. How even if not as perfect as could be hoped, things had become better. It had been fairly gradual for the Slytherin. Things had gotten really a lot worse before anything had gotten better. He admitted that while he was at a somewhat nice point in his life, it was as shaky as anything. He knew all too well about how one simply seemingly small breathe could cause everything to crumble. He knew too well that feeling that followed. While he was a better person, better off, and happier, Stefan Archer did not kid himself, the next few years would not be some walk in the park. That much he knew. He was sure. He was an Archer after all, and bad luck was part of who he was. It as much a part of him as was the monochromatic-ness.

With few ideas of what his life would really entail after Hogwarts, the teen had thought to keep his options fairly wide open. There were a lot of things to decide, a lot of things to think about. He wasn't sure what kind of adult he was going to be, or what he end up doing, but he knew he had time. He would be all right, that much he knew. Stefan had gotten ready that morning slowly. He had showered, and changed into the best clothes he had. Which still lacked the same smartness as everyone else. Unlike all of them, Stefan wore his usual school trousers, and his usual white school shirt. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and the top button undone. He wore the slightly newer shoes, that looked a lot less worn than the only other pair that he owned. They were thankfully black, so he knew he wouldn't stand out. Well, not as much as he did already. The last part of him getting ready, were finding and putting on his glasses. The clearly outdated glasses, had a prescription suited to his pretty awful eyesight, all thanks to Elliot and Branson Archer. It was like truly seeing everything for the first time in a long while. It was pretty nice. It had to be said. He had spent the most part of the night staring blankly up at the ceiling of his four poster bed. His belongings sat in two bags beside him. The rucksack that had proved useful during his time away from school, and his school bag. Most of the larger items he had taken home in the last break, which albiet hadn't been much. He had spent the minutes waiting to leave for the graduation staring at the two bags. It was funny to him, how his entire life had once fitted into a small plastic bag. Now, he had two, full bags, not plastic. He knew it still wasn't much, but he was okay with that. The memories that sat in his mind more than made up for what he lacked in possessions. It didn't make him sad, or feel awkward as he watched his roommates back away their belongings into suitcases and things of that sort. He hadn't, not in the slightest. While this day was very bittersweet for the Slytherin, he was content. Perfectly content with how things were. How despite this being his last day at the school, it was good, and while he had long thought this day would tear him in two, he was happy to be finally moving on past the point of school. No longer a child. No longer the scared child who thought too little of his own worth. Thought that he would always be doomed to live in the shadows, to fail at everything that he was faced with.

Stepping into the Great Hall, and seeing how politely decorated the hall was, made the Slytherin smile. The ceiling above the rows of chairs had the same sky as the one outside, and because of how bright the room was he had to assume that it was sunny. Stefan took his seat among his fellow graduates. Unlike some of the others, his family wasn't around to support him. Not that his father would've, but, on a whim decision the elder teen had decided to invite his cousin, the only family member so far, to really openly accept him. Without question. So, glancing round at the crowd of people, Stefan noticed the small boy trying to see over the heads of the much taller adults. His cousin seemed to notice him staring at him, and happily waved, Stefan felt the smile on his lips grow, as he turned back to look at the front. All too soon, the ceremony itself began. Having never been to a graduation, Stefan wasn't quite sure what to expect. Wasn't quite sure how all things would play out. He listened, keeping his eyes to the floor. Not really so much as glancing up at the headmistress who was speaking. He smiled as she welcomed the head boy and girl up to the stage. Stefan looked up, and watched the Ravenclaw boy that he didn't know well at all speak. Stefan gave little smiles, knowing that his schooling had been a little different from that of his. As the boy seemed to begin to round off, Stefan looked up at the ceiling. It was something he had done a lot more in the early days of his schooling, just look up at the sky and speak to his mother, obviously in this hall full of people. But, Stefan was smiling at the ceiling, almost asking his mother if she was watching this. If she was proud of him. His heart told him that she was, she had to. He would never know, but he was happy to pretend that she was. He had made a little something of himself. He had actually managed to graduate. Well, not just yet. After the head boy, the head girl followed. Stefan's gazed was lowered and he kept his eyes upon his beautiful girlfriend. The girl who meant absolutely everything to him. It was impossibly to even remotely put into words how much he loved her. He felt nothing but love for her. He felt her words were more true to more people. He felt them. Stefan nodded along with what she said. All to soon, the speechs were wrapped up, and Stefan clapped along with the other students, keeping his eyes on Kate, and smiling brightly at her. A truly happy smile, reaching the blue eyes hidden behind the glasses. What followed was much like the first time they'd ever been at Hogwarts. Stefan knew that his name being Archer, just like in first year. History was somewhat repeating itself.

Stefan didn't feel the same nerves he had when he had first arrived at the school. He didn't have the same fear of getting up in front of all these people and then promptly getting back to his seat. This was the beginning of something that despite a third of what his mind was saying, he felt ready for. His name was called out, his name as he had pressumed one of the first. With one last glance up at the ceiling, Stefan Archer made his way on stage and accepted his diploma. The smile on his face, was unlike Stefan. He knew that maybe he didn't have his parents there to share this day with. Maybe he couldn't sit with them and talk about how incredibly it felt to say that he'd graduated. But, he could almost hear Tybalt. And what he knew for sure, was that he was proud of himself. He was proud he had made it thus far. That he had managed it. Through all the bullsh1t that he had waded through, all the beatings, the harsh words of discouragement. Through the thoughts of his never ending stream of bad luck, or through the false kindness. He had made it. Without the love and support of his parents, without the ability to even tell a person what green, the colour of his house meant. He had made it. He was stepping into a brighter future than his eleven year old mind had never dreamed of. He had made it. The teen took his diploma and walked back to where he was sitting. He clapped politely as each person got there award, clapping ever so slightly for each of the people he considered his friends. For Sara, for Tara, for Kate. He knew without all of them, there was little that he would have achieved. His family really was them. His family were those people he had chosen to befriend. Who hadn't deserted him, or ever made him feel like utter sh1t. Well, Sara maybe had once, but he'd long since forgiven her. Stefan kept his gaze to the front of the hall, soon the list finished, and they had officially graduated. Stefan, like most of the other students went to congratulate the other students. He smiled, and congratulate Tara as she hugged him. Stefan managed to get to Kate, and kissed her lightly. Just as he congratulated her, he heard Tybalt call his name. The younger Archer, managed to quickly worm his way through the crowd and stood in front of Stefan congratulating him, to which Stefan responded by bringing Tybalt into a hug. With his friends by his side, with Tybalt and his new distant family, with his beautiful girlfriend Kate, Stefan was sure that he would be all right. That his Archer awful luck would no longer feel as bad. That there would be more good days than bad. Far more. More good memories than bad. Because he'd made it this far, and this really was only the beginning.

This was the moment, this was the time. His eyes found Aphrodite's immediately and he flushed a read color. Isaia was simply glad to have his speech over with, and clapped lightly when Kate Moon had finished hers. Hers was short, but it was heart felt. He also felt that she was only speaking about one person in the entire school, and that was not exactly fair now was it? At least he was speaking about the entire student body as a whole. He looked around as other seventh years started to go up to get their diploma. Soon enough, they finally got to his name. Isaia stood up and made his way to the Headmistress. He gave her a smile and a handshake as he received his diploma. He raised it up a bit in triumph as he smiled at his family that he invited. His oldest sisters. He knew that they would be proud of him. He received Prefect and Head Boy, had the best girlfriend in the world, and was happy that he was going to be able to return home to visit them every so often. Although what he really could not wait for, was when Aphrodite graduated so they could finally be together, without school or anything tearing them apart.

Mylie would likely be considered to be a pessimist for looking as unhappy as she did today. It was her Graduation day, it was the day where she would receive her diploma and leave Hogwarts forever. That was a depressing thought to the Hufflepuff. Mylie thought back to when she had first come to Hogwarts. The funny part was that she had barely changed since then. When Mylie first came, she was nothing but shy and self-loathing. There wasn't a single part of her that desired to find friends or someone she could talk to. Mostly because of her shifting ability. Since she was a metamorphmagus, she could shift and change her appearance in any way, shape, or form. Mylie knew that it wasn't something people commonly were able to do, so it made her feel a little awkward. All Mylie had wanted to do most of her life was to fit in with everyone else. That way she would never have to worry about getting made fun of by the other kids. But it would seem as if she had been dealt a hand of different cards. Then Mylie met Hades II. At first she wanted nothing to do with him because he kept trying to pry into her life. But the more he insisted, the more she started to cave in. It felt nice having someone want to be in her life that badly. Mylie found herself starting to like him as much as he liked her, and now they were dating. Mylie hadn't made too many friends, but she did find Hades and that was good enough for her. He was good to her, he could make her smile, and he never once made fun of her for being different. If only she could get him to stop being so depressed about her not being in school with him next year.

Mylie's cocoa brown eyes raised from the floor to the crowd. There was a lot of people she didn't know, but there was also some she did know. She could see Hades sitting in the crowd, whom she smiled at softly. There was also Ostensia Romanes, a former Hufflepuff and Head Girl who must have been there for her brother. There was also Isabella, whom Mylie had never spoken to but she knew her to be a very good with her schoolwork. As the speech's began. Mylie tried not to focus on them too much. Listening to what the Head Girl and Boy had to say would likely just make her feel even worse about leaving this place behind. After the speeches were finished, the diploma's were starting to be handed out. Mylie's last name started with T so she had a little bit to wait. As Mylie waited she let her eyes meet with Hades' again. She had to wonder how he was feeling right now. Before today, Mylie knew he was kind of unhappy. But maybe if she spent some time with him this summer, just the two of him, he'd be less upset about being all alone during the next school year. Mylie nearly jumped when she heard her name being called by the Headmistress. Shyly, Mylie stood up from her seat and went across the stage. The moment she had the piece of parchment in her hand, she felt a weight being lifted from her shoulders. Mylie then hurriedly went to sit down to make sure that people didn't have to look at her a long longer than they needed to. A few more students were called and then the ceremony was done and over with.

The moment it was over, Mylie made sure to greet her parents with hugs and thanks. They both seemed so happy that she had made it this far. Pretty soon, Zayne would be in the same place. That was, if they let him live after telling them the news of his engagement. After Mylie got her parents t leave her be for more than ten seconds, she decided to go and find Hades, whom she immediately wrapped her arms around when she found him. Everyone was so busy with their own family that they wouldn't pay attention to her and Hades. Mylie could only hope that this would make Hades feel better for the time being.

Kate really hoped she did an okay job with the speech. It was more aimed at people who had had a tough time in Hogwarts but she was sure or hoped everyone could take something from it. Kate's reputation had been some what ruined from RHI, she was sure she could have gone through school like everyone else, blending in with the year if that silly magazine hadn't been released but what was in the past was in the past and there was nothing she could do about it and now. She was leaving Hogwarts and everything with it behind. And for that she was glad. Soon the Headmistress began calling out the names. Kate clapped loudly whem Stefan's name was called. She was so proud of him for all he had achieved. Soon her own name was called and Kate stood up and collected her diploma. She could see Ryan,Star,Sara and also Sammy and Stefan. She smiled at them all. Then she walked down, her hands shaking slightly. She had done it! She had finally graduated from Hogwarts. Kate's smile was plastered on her face. Soon the ceremony was over and Kate tried to find Stefan. When she did, she smiled and kissed him lightly "Well done"She said to him. She saw Tybalt make his way over and she smiled. Tara hugged Kate and she hugged her friend back. This was the end of the road for them. who knew what was going to come after this. She saw Ryan and Star make their way over. She hugged them both and grinned at their congratulations. She looked around for Sara wondering where she was but Kate was sure she would find them eventually. She was going to enjoy the rest of her day with her wonderful boyfriend, friends and family.

Ezra Shaffer could not believe that the day had finally come for him to graduate from Hogwarts New Zealand. Though his time here had not been what he thought it would be when he first entered the Great Hall as an eleven year old, he could say that he had some of the greatest memories here. Ezra's magical education was now complete. He planned to go on to a career in journalism, hopefully at the Daily Prophet. Karah lived in New Zealand, and he wasn't interested in moving away from her despite the fact that his family would have loved for him to move back to the United States. As the Slytherin entered the hall with the other graduates, his blue eyes scanned the room for his sister, Arielle. She was supposed to be coming with her friend, Kiera, who was practically like a sister to him as well. His parents had not been able to attend, but they were in the process of planning a graduation party for him back home. Of course, the rest of his family and friends thought he had been attending an exclusive boarding school. Ezra's eyes met Arielle's then Kiera's. He grinned at the pair and then winked as he took his seat.

The Slytherin listened with polite interest as first the Head Boy and then the Head Girl gave their speeches. He clapped for each of them in turn, feeling that both speeches were nice. Ezra watched as the graduates began to be called to go up and receive their diplomas. He clapped politely for everyone, but when Karah's name was called he cheered loudly, feeling immensely proud of her. School had never been her strong suit, but she had made it through. Finally, Ezra's own name was called. The Slytherin rose and made his way to the stage. Ezra shook hands with Headmistress Davershire as she handed him his diploma. He caught the similarly blue eye of his sister who was cheering wildly for him. He grinned back at her before leaving the stage. When he returned to his seat, he squeezed Karah's hand. "We did it, love." he murmured to her, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. When the ceremony ended, Ezra went to find Arielle and Kiera.

Sara was so terrified. She walked into the hall, her hair curled down over her shoulders. Today, she'd decided not to straighten it. She was leaving this school as she'd come into it. Oh ho she wished she weren't leaving. Hogwarts was her home. She couldn't leave. She didn't want to live in the big, wide world. She wanted to stay here, to feel safe. She took her seat, and smoothed out her dress; blue to match her house colours. She wanted as many reminders as possible of who she was, hence the fact that she was dressed prettily today, nicely. More like she used to be, back when life was perfect. She smiled as Professor Davershire let Isaia address them. He spoke well, and he seemed confident, Kate also. She winked at Kate as she looked at her near the start of the speech, giving her the thumbs up. Now was not a day for arguing. It was the end of an era. She followed her sister' gaze to find Stefan. No doubt they'd live together once they left school. She needed to see him, it hurt to know she wouldn't see him every day anymore. He felt more like a brother than a friend.

As her name was called; "Sara Moon, Ravenclaw." she flashed back to the first time her name had been called in this hall, when she'd first been named a Ravenclaw, and now, it was the last time she would be called thus. She could feel tears welling in her eyes as she walked up, she looked out into the crowd, seeing familiar faces, Kate, Ryan, Star, Tara, Stefan, Yerik. she smiled at each in trn, for a moment, then too her diploma, shaking Professor Davershire's hand, barely able to keep in the tears now. She mouthed the words "Thank you." to the Professor as she turned away, but she wasn't just thanking her, she was thanking this place, her home. For seven years, it had been her sanctuary. It had given her confidence, hope. She wiped away the tears, and waited until the end, when she practically ran to find her sister. "Kate." she smiled, hugging her; "Look..I know we've had issues, but it's graduation. You're my sister. I love you." she smiled, and turn to Stefan, hugging one of her best friends, and for the first time, she wasn't afraid of breaking him. "Look after each other."
Next, she found Tara, hugged her, congratulated her. There were plenty of people to talk to, plenty of faces she knew, and at this stage, tears were freely flowing down her cheeks, but not of pain, of happiness. Happiness that she had found herself in this wonderful, magically place. Tears of gratitude.

Romaine was happy, but sad at the same time. The young Slytherin was happy because this was a big day for him. Hogwarts was great and all, but he was just ready for bigger and better things in his life. He was going to miss a lot of the people here though. Like the Professors, his friends, even that little Pina girl he had begun to get closer to over the past couple of months. But he was happy of the idea of getting a job, and not having to wake up every morning to get ready for the long day of school and then attend classes all day. Plus there was the thorny issue of homework, and exams, and all sorts of other un-fun things. Romaine listened to both the speeches and clapped happily. Isaia was a pretty cool guy, he was dating his younger sister Aphrodite so Romaine had the opportunity to talk to him every once and awhile. Then there was Kate Moon, who seemed kind of annoying, but at least she was cute. So if he ignored what she said and just looked at her face, it would be all good. After the speeches, they started to hand out diploma's, one by one the names were read off by the headmistress, and soon enough it was Romaine's time. The moment he had that diploma in his hand he grinned happily, woo he had done it! He smiled at the headmistress and when to sit back down. His cousin Doriano was also Graduating and he looked pretty excited! When the ceremony was done and over with he went to go find his family so he could soak in their praises.

Georgiana Night looked around at the students of her Graduating class. So many sets of twins for one year it seemed unbelievable. Her own twin was sitting somewhere in the guest section along with their younger sister. Kayden had already gone through the graduation process at Salem Academy and she couldn't be more proud of her younger brother. But now was her time, her graduation day. Sitting in her seat Georgie waited for her name to be called. It had been a long tradition the past few years of her being a Prefect in going and seeing the graduation ceremony, now finally she got her diploma. Watching her friends, people she knew from first year and some she wasn't sure if they were actually in her class at all go up and get her diplomas made her anxious. The young woman wanted hers. She wanted to get it and run.

All Georgiana wanted now was to go home, back to America and start her life fresh. A new start, she had been planning for years in joining an international Quidditch team with her twin brother. This was still the plan, and she wanted to get it going right away. She couldn't wait for training to start later this summer. Her brother and her had about a month off to enjoy their freedoms of had graduating their magical schools, until they became official members. So long they past the tests and auditions of course.

Hearing her name called, Georgiana stood up. Smile as always on her face. Her bright smile disappeared for a long time after both her brother and her once upon a time boyfriend left her here without them. It had taken her awhile to find herself but having her younger sister here the past two years were great for her. It had really brought back the sunshine in her life. Walking up onto the stage Georgiana took her diploma and turned and waved to her brother and sister. A big grin on her face as she went back to her seat for the rest of the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back