Going in the Forest

Elissa Montez

Near the edge of the Forbidden Forest, a young girl was walking back and front, loooking anxious. It was Elissa. She and her friends had promised to meet up here. They had played a game of Truth or Dare, and Elissa was Dared to take a short walk off the limit boundary with her friends on guard. A cold breeze blowed from within the forest and chilled her spine. Elissa could feel her wand tucked safely inside her pocket.

"Hmm, wonder what take them so long," she sighed. Checking her watch, Elissa realized that she was being a little early. When she turned about to face the forest, she heard footsteps from behind.

Ginny walked up behind Elissa. she saw her checking her pocket for her wand before but Ginny thought it was time to give her comfort. she had been reading a book on all the creatures in the forest and how to defend them incase we met any but she knew they were only going to the edges, right? 'Hi Elissa. See you're early?Having fun?' she had a grave voice on but she was confident it would be alright. It had to be.

Jessy was walking towards the Forbidden Forest, she was nearing that said forest when she saw two figures already waiting there. The closer Jessy went, she indentified those figures as Elissa pacing up and down and Ginny talking to her. They didn't know that Jessy was getting closer and they didn't see her come up. She hid behind a nearby bush, careful not to notify them that she is here. Waiting for a few seconds, Jessy jumped out from the bush and shouted, "Boo! How you guys doin'?"

Turning around, Elisssa saw Ginny. "Oh, it's you," said Elissa, relieved. "I guess I'm too excited and forget to check the time." She could sense something in Ginny's voice, but her confident look assured Elissa that she was okay. "You've got your wand with you?" asked Elissa, eventhough she knew Ginny was all prepared.

Before Ginny could answer, Elissa shrieked in surprise by a sudden appearance of Jessy.
"Jessy!"

ginny was about to reply when someone jumped out on them. ginny whirled round, her hand holding her wand. 'Oh. Jessy. Don't do that again. You nearly had me attacking you,' said ginny calming down and tucking her wand in her pocket again reluctantly.

Jessy laughed to her friends' reactions, Ginny pulling out her wand made Jessy jump a little but the expression on their faces was priceless. "Ya shudda seen yar face!" Jessy said between giggles, "I figured that we needed to lighten our mood, don't be too nervous, it's just a walk around the Forest." Jessy watched Ginny put her wand away, "Don't put your wand awat though, might need it in an emergency." Jessy took out her wand from her pocket and waited for Kasey, she was the only one left that is not here.

"Lumos"said Kasey as she came out of the Entrance hall and walked down the staircase to the lawn and the edge of the Forest.She heard voices and knew that Jessy,Elissa and ginny were already here."Hi!Ready to go Elissa?"she asekd

"Yeah, it'll be only a short walk," Elissa said reassuringly to Ginny, although she highly doubted it. Inattentively, Elissa took a few steps around waiting for Kasey. Then, from a distant, she saw Kasey approaching them, closer and closer now.

"Totally Ready." she answered Kasey's question. "By the way, have you brought the Instant Darkness powder?"

Jessy, Elissa and Ginny are now just waiting for Kasey to arrive. Moments later, Kasey arrived with ehr wand lit. "Yeah, Kasey. Ya got the Powder yet?" asked Jessy as she approached her with a mischievious smile.

Ginny smiled weakly as Jessy and elissa tried to reasure her. No matter what thy said though, she still wasn't going to look forward to it. It would bring up to many memories for her in the first place.

'Hi Kasey.' she said as Jessy pelted her with a question.

'Not far. that's for certain,' ginny quickly said before anyone got chance to say otherwise. 'Shall we start heading off now then?' she said cheerfully for the first time.

Glad that Ginny said that they aren't going anywhere too deep into the Forest, she couldn't helpl but notice how fast Ginny avoided going too deep into the Forest. Shooting her a quizzical look, Jessy schooled her features as she thought that she is getting too nosey. "Glad that you brought the powder Kase, just in case of unwanted company..." ...like professors Jessy finished in her head. She doesn't fancy getting in touble again only after a short time. She shrugged the memory of Prof. King and Estrella and trudged along a clearing that showed some signs of a path. Clearly that people have used this path before.

Ginny followed jessy reluctantly. She noticed it was a used often path which made her slightly calmer. she pushed her hands in her pockets and took a hold of her wand. it was getting chilier to her.

Feeling that it is a bit too quiet, Jessy asked no-one in particular, "Sooo...what kind of animals and stuff d'ya thnk we'll encounter?" Jessy twirled her wand aroun her hand, secretly, she hopes that she doesn't have to fire it with anything. Animals are just helpless little beings when cornered by humans, but she won't hesistate if they will get in danger.

Elissa strolled into the forest along with her friends. It was a clear path, obviously someone have used it berfore and perhaps very often. A wand was now clutched tightly in her hand.

"Lumos," muttered Elissa. A bright light erupted from her wand and iluminated the forest. "I don't know what creatures we'll meet. Perhaps centaurs, or even unicorns if we are lucky enough," said Elissa hopefully with a girlish smile. However, as she observed the forest clearer, it seemed rather quiet and lifeless. All Elissa could hear was the crackling noise of her steps on the dry leaves upon the earth.

((Should we make our trip inside the forest simple, or something adventurous like meeting/being attacked by some creatures?))

(adventurous all tha way. it's more funnier lol.)

Ginny heard Elissa answer jessy's question. 'We'll probably meet spiders and bats if we're lucky. Hopefully, we won't meet a centuar or hippogriff or unicorn.' Ginny said after Elissa had finished. 'There are wolves and that in here though. I've heard them alot so just don't intend, anyone, on cutting themselves.' Ginny added jokingly. She heard a bat's cry from a distance and a comfortable feeling went down her.

((I agree with Ginny))

"I doubt we'll meet any hippogriffs, they're pretty hard to tame from what I've heard. Unicorns are fine but those sharp - as in razor-sharp - horns are a bit disturbing. Spiders I can live with, I hope you are joking about the wolves and bats are ok as long as it's not vampire bats." Jessy said as she looked up and saw one flying. It is pretty clear that Jessy is very nervous about meeting animals, but she just shrugged that fear off and continued on walking. It was getting too dark for her so she lit up her wand with a quick, "Lumos."

"I don't really like bats. Not that they are dangerous in any way. They just give me the creeps. I think there's only a little chance we'll meet centaurs though, apparently they want to separate themselves from humankind," said Elissa. Unaware of herself, Elissa went deeper and deeper. But of course, she has got her friends with her, there's nothing to fear of.

Ginny heard the bat cry again except closer. She decided to whistle back. Lifting her hands to her mouth, she let out a shrilling whistle back the bat. If it was the one she knew then it would come to her. She smiled as she saw the bat fly closer. She lifted up her arm and it landed on her clumbsily. She stroked it while it settled it self. She felt all together calmer now.
'Hi Munchi,' said ginny playfully. 'Say hello.'

Jessy was following Elissa for she didn't know where to go exactly. Suddenly, she heard a bat cry. She turned around quickly only to find out that Ginny was whistling, "Ginny! You scared me." A bat landed on her shoulder which made Jessy jump again, "Aaagh!" her was was pointing at the creature. "Hi Munchi," Ginny said with a playful voice, "Say hello."

"Munchi?" Jessy asked, bewildered. Who on Earth will name a bat 'Munchi'? Jessy asked herself.

Elissa was wandering and searching the forest for nothing in particular when a whistling sound came from Ginny.

"Ginny, what are you-" Elissa gaped. She took a few steps away from Ginny when the bat landed on her hand. Oh c'mon it's not like he's gonna attack you. Reluctantly, Elissa approached the bat.

"Munchi? Do you happen to know him?" asked Elissa. Now many questions were swimming through her head.

'of course. It's my bat.' said ginny to them who were giving her room. 'Bet you're hungry,'she thought aloud while she took her wand out. 'Accio Ginny's spare diner'. She caught the raw meat in her hand and tossed it in the air. Munchi caught it and ate it while he came back on to Ginny's shoulder. 'He's freindly. don't worry, guys.I did tell you we would meet bats,'she joked.

"Your bat?!" Jessy said, she stared at it for a while before shrugging her shoulders and petted it instead. "She looks cute, it's a she right?" Jessy asked Ginny. Jessy watched Munchi catch the piece of raw meat from Ginny and eat it, it made her remember her pet snake and how happy he looks when she feeds him. "You seems to like that don't you Munchi?" Jessy said quietly.

'He, jessy. C'mon, lets keep moving please,' ginny cheerfully again. She shoved her wand back in her pocket and stared at Munchi. He did look cute, ginny had never noticed that.
bat-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back