Girls Night Out

Cecily's smile widened, eyes sparkled with the early afternoon light. Her heart leapt and bumped rather quick at his words. "I've been lonely, missing you," she replied. She lowered her hand and wrapped both around her cup, blowing on the liquid before sipping. The herbs she'd put in hers would cure her leftover headache and tension from the night of over indulgence.

Sighing, she drank a bit more and felt better nearly instantly. Setting the cup aside, she turned to Prodan. The light behind his head lightened his hair, highlighted his cheekbones. She took his hand, took a deep breath. Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do or to die. The quote strengthened her, drove her onward into scary, dark, deep waters.

"You're the most handsome man I've ever met," she began. "I was a bit shell shocked when I first saw you, sitting with your father and uncle in that pub." Looking up into his silver eyes, earnestly she told him, "But it's not your face that kept drawing me to you, each time we crossed paths. It was your kindness, your smile, the way I feel every time I'm around you." She kissed his hand, set hers over his heart. "It was your heart that drew me in."

Taking a deep, shuddering breath, she gently grasped his hand, placed it over her own heart. "My heart is yours." She didn't know where the words came from, how she spoke them in a steady voice, eyes dry but soft green.

"Prodan," she looked down, then up, "I'm in love with you."

Deciding that she didn't like that she couldn't see what was happened, Nicolette bolted over to a tall tree that could give her an extremely good view of the two. Jumping up up she gripped the lowest branch tightly and pulled herself up so that she could stand on it and grab a hold of the next branch. She continued to climb like thus until she was at least a good 30ft in the air. Luckily she had a very clear view of them, and she had managed to get up just hear the ending of what Cecily said.

'OMG! She confessed!' Nicolette's golden eyes widened as she gripped the side of the tree tightly. She was so happy for the two that she almost wanted to scream or squeal loudly. But they weren't supposed to know that she was listening in either.

Kalif had arrived to retrieve his younger brother, when he yet something up in a tree. Kalif had arrived so silently, so swiftly, he had no idea he was about to interrupt a scene of romance. Not that it would bother him. Kalif had his hood over his head, and his black eyes were locked on what looked like Nicolette in a tree. Flicking out his wand, he pointed and he cast a very subtle banishing charm, one strong enough to knock her out of the tree. Kalif took a step back in case she were to fall on him. Kailie stood at his side, somewhat behind him. It was the break from school, he had to take his daughter everywhere he went. Kaleb and Austin would be fine on their own for a bit.

Prodan listened to Cecily, and he at first didn't know what to say. Instead, his other hand went to her shoulder and he stroked her warmly. "I already know this. Which is why I fell in love with you." Prodan glanced down at his heart. "It belongs to you now. It has for a while. I just never properly gave it out." Prodan gave her a loving smile, but it faltered when he thought he heard or saw something off in the distance. "Cecily, are we alone out here?" Prodan stared over at his brother and Kailie. By the way it looked, they had just arrived. Kailie was clinging to Kalif's black robes, the adorable little girl, his niece.

Nicolette was about to squeal out of utter happiness when Prodan basically announced that he loved her back, but instead she felt something powerful cause her to lose her balance and fall out of the tree. However she considered herself lucky because instead of landing on her back or anything else she somehow managed to land on her hands and knees roughly. With a soft grunt she immediately pushed herself up and blinked before she smirked. Standing right in front of her was none other than Kalif Styx and an adorable girl that she had never seen before.

"Teehee, hello Kalif!" She smiled at him for a moment before her eyes turned to the little girl."Hello to you too!" She grinned at the little girl before she scratched the back of her head and turned her golden eyes onto the area that Cecily and Prodan were in. She figured that Kalif was here because of his brother.

Cecily closed her eyes, smiled as if the sun had shone its first rays on her and her alone as her heart soared with happiness. Green met silver and she knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that she'd never experienced this much happiness in her life.

She was about to give into that happiness, fling herself into his strong arms when he spoke again. "Oh." Crestfallen, she turned her head, cranned her neck. "I heard it too." Suddenly she jumped up. "Oh Merlin, Niccy!" She jumped from the swing and ran toward her fallen friend, skidding to a halt when she saw she was unharmed.

"Are you okay?" she asked her friend, turning her head toward the robed figure and little girl. Incredulous, she looked from one to the other. What was Kalif doing there?

Kalif bent down and picked Kailie up in his arms. Kailie shyly waved but she glanced over at the blonde haired woman and her uncle followed. Kalif murmured, "What were you doing up in a tree?" He gave her an odd look, before his gloved hand that did not contain Kailie reach up and pulled the hood off his head. Kalif stared down at the three, and he shook his head. He turned his attention to Prodan. "We need to talk. It's about Aleyha, not that she is harmed." Kalif no longer referred Aleyha to Prodan as his daughter anymore. After all, Kalif was not one to lie.

Prodan heard a thump, and Prodan gasped out of shock when Nicolette fell out of the tree. Struggling not to laugh, he followed Cecily. He stared at his brother, to Kailie, to Nicolette, and back to Kalif. Prodan bit his lip to keep from laughing at the scene. Prodan heard Kalif speak and Prodan narrowed his eyes. "If Aleyha isn't hurt, then it couldn't be important then. She is with dad, so I know she is safe." Prodan gave him a questionable look. What was he on about? Whatever it was, it could wait. He was with the love of his life. And she loved him too.

Nicolette giggled, that girl was highly adorable and she was almost tempted to say that the girl looked like Kalif, but she refrained as she wasn't exactly very sure in her assumption. When Kalif asked what she was doing up in the tree she snickered before her eyes shifted to Prodan and Cecily. "I was spying on the two lovebirds until you so nicely decided to knock me down." Her eyebrow raised at him for a moment before she shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest and smiled at Cecily to let her know that the fault didn't really phase her, she remained silent as she listened to the conversation.

Suddenly her eyes widened as she heard a familiar name. "Isn't Aleyha the name of that girl that Theodore was thrown into an arra-oh wait...wasn't supposed to talk about that. Nevermind!" Nicolette didn't know of these guys knew yet, especially since she wasn't even really supposed to know. Actually, Nicolette knew more than she wanted to really know about the situation.

Cecily looked from one person to the other. Something didn't feel right, the air was tight with some unnamed tension. It was, she mused with a quirk of her lips that had nothing to do with humor, the same way when students were trying to be sneaky or withhold who painted a giant arse on the side of the school. "Prodan," she murmured, touching his hand, "you two could speak privately within the house if you'd like." She hoped everything was alright. Kalif looked more tense than he normally was.

She smiled at the little girl, Kailie. "Hi there beautiful," she said softly with a gentle grin. "I have cookies, baked just yesterday. Would you like some and some milk?" She glanced up, "If it's alright with your father, that is," she deferred.

Prodan's gaze landed on Nicolette when she said... His silver eyes widened in shock, and he exclaimed, "My daughter is in an arranged marriage?" How he managed to complete her sentence was beyond him, or was it? It was not too common in the family, but not unheard of. But his daughter? His youngest, not even a teenager, daughter? Prodan's head swarmed, his vision went black, as he fainted and landed upon his back on the ground.

Kalif rolled his eyes at Nicolette and he stated coolly, "Spying is not a polite thing to do." Kalif's gloved hand went to his forehead as Nicolette blurted out the news. At least, most of it. Prodan wasn't an idiot, and Kalif assumed he would figure it out. His hand left his face as Prodan fell to the ground. His black eyes stared at the unconscious brother and he rolled his eyes, "Can't take news like a man." Kalif heard Kailie laughed, "Daddy, he fell!" Kalif nodded and his face never expressed a single emotion.

The sound of Cecily's offer made Kalif glare at her. "Kailie is allergic to baking powder and brown sugar. Unless they do not contain either ingredients, then I would prefer to keep my youngest daughter alive." Kailie's throat usually swelled when she came near either ingredients until she could not breathe. Kalif would not allow her to get near anything with either ingredient in it.

Nicolette raised an eyebrow at Kalif and gave him a 'I'm sure you'd know all about spying Mr. Death Eater..' look when she scolded her for spying on Cecily and Prodan. However she decided to remain silent and not argue with him out loud about that one. When Kalif said that the little girl was his daughter she couldn't help but let out a silent giggle, she had been correct in her assumption and she found it adorably cute. "Awhh she's so cute. Waay cuter than this creepy son of yours I met at a bar at least." Niccy said with a small shrug as she recalled the memory of meeting that dark haired guy who had smacked Alex.

Nicolette was about to see if Kailie wanted something when Prodan immediately fainted from the brief sentence mentioned about Aleyha and Theo. She wanted to utter an oops and giggle at Prodan's girly reaction, but instead her healer instincts kicked in and she bent down. It was obvious that he collapsed from shock, the question she wondered though was if he was easy to wake up or not. "What a baby." Niccy made sure to check his pulse quickly before she stood up and walked to the house.

When she returned she had a small bucket filled with ice water in it, she made her way over to the group and stood right next to Prodan. "No worries, this should wake the poor sap up." She giggled before she quickly tipped the bucket of ice water onto him and took a step back.

Cecily didn't take offense to Kalif's manner. In fact, it endeared him to her that he was so fiercely protective of his young daughter. "My apologies, Kalif," she murmured before she heard Prodan exclaim. He was down and out before she could really grasp what was wrong with him.

"Prodan!" She dropped to her knees and let Niccy, as she knew she was an ex Healer, check him. When Niccy ran to the house, she got closer to him, smoothed his hair back. She called over her shoulder as she heard Nicolette come back, "Shouldn't we ennervate him? Oh shite!" She jumped out of the way quickly as what she could only assume was ice cold water drenched her poor love.

Prodan felt something cold and icy and he opened his ices up immediately. Sitting up and grasping his head, he muttered, "Ugh, shock really gets to me." He slowly stood up, his drenched shirt clung to his body. How else would any father take to his daughter getting married at such a young age? Prodan inquired his own brother, "How would you react is Kailie was in an arranged marriage before she even hit her teenage years, Kalif?" As father to father, they should see eye to eye on that, right?

Kalif gave Nicolette a harsh glare, basically telling her to dismiss that topic. And to his surprise, she actually did not say another word about it. Kalif only nodded at her when she mentioned that his older son was creepy. Had to be Hades. Jaken did not carry out that aura much to his disappointment. Turning his attention to Prodan, Kalif narrowed his eyes, "I would kill the person trying to set them up in an arranged marriage. Simple as that." His words were fact, but he worded them so they could mean metaphorically, even though they were quite literal.

Cecily stood in roughly the same spot she'd jumped to when dashing out of the way of the bucket of water. Her cheeks reddened in a fine fury but she held her tongue out of respect for Prodan. He was Aleyha's father and as such, held sole rights as to what happened to her. She thought for a moment then remembered that Prodan had once told her that his father, Asparuh, was patriarch of the Zhefarovich line. Would he have flaunted that power, to arrange a marriage for his eleven year old granddaughter?

She felt helpless and that further angered her. Being headmistress meant nothing here. She couldn't call anyone into her office, fix anything, use her authority to make them undo what they've done. She shook her head in dazed confusion. "This is madness."

Nicolette hung her head low in slight shame and regret for Prodan, she understood how he was able to be upset about it. What struck her odd about the subject was how he knew nothing about it and this girl was supposed to be his daughter. Were the heads of the families purposely trying to hide it from him? "I'm sorry Prodan, I tried to talk Alphonse out of it...I really did, but if Theodore doesn't go through with this his father will kill him, and knowing Fonsie he'll do it too." Nicolette said with a small frown as she brought her hands up to the back of her hand and rested her head against them casually. "You going to be alright there Princess?" She asked Prodan curiously before she shook her head and folded her arms, she disliked all this tension in the air. It made her feel extremely uneasy and guilty, as it had been mostly her fault that any of this was brought in the first place. "On a lighter note, Cecily I don't believe you will ever realize how tone deaf you when you are drunk." Nicolette stated with a small giggle as she winked at her friend, clearly remembering a large portion of the events that happened last night.

//I decided to take the part about the bruise out for some reason..it felt out of place there.'

Prodan released a sigh and shook his head. "Then Asparuh will..." Prodan bit his lip and said nothing more. Prodan rolled his eyes and said rather coldly to Nicolette, "This is hardly the time to be calling me that." Prodan sighed and he frowned, "Such a mood spoiler. But I'll deal with this next time I'm in Bulgaria. For now, I just don't have the time to get up there." He turned to Cecily and gave a weak smile. Truth was, Prodan wasn't sure if he could do anything about it. He couldn't go up against Asparuh's word if he helped set it in stone. What was done...was done.

Kalif won't be posting...a little busy

Cecily remained silent. When Prodan turned to her, she narrowed her eyes at him. "May I speak with you for a moment please? Alone?" She glanced at the other two then turned to walk across the yard to stand by her small well toward the side of her house. Arms crossed over her chest, lips pressed together and thinned, she stopped, her back tense.

Prodan suddenly felt cold. Whether it was the icy water giving him chills or it was Cecily's demeanor. He nodded, gulped nervously and thought, Oh geez, I'm in for it. He slowly made his way over to Cecily before inquiring, "Um, what is it?" He scratched the back of his head, and gave her a sheepish look. He held his arms at his sides, rather than across his chest. The less tense he appeared, the better, he thought.

Nicolette blinked and watched as an obviously irritated Cecily pulled Prodan off to the side. She hated when she wasn't included in conversations it made her feel so left out and lonely. Especially when Cecily looked mighty angry, it got Niccy a bit excited. Glancing around all shifty like she smiled lightly to herself, there was no other way to fix than issue than to spy on them.

"Oh this is gonna be good." Nicolette said as she tugged her sweatshirt down and began to walk towards the side of the house to find a good spying place.

"What is it?" Cecily exploded, throwing up her arms in frustration. She took a deep breath and looked away while turning her head. She lowered her voice. She hadn't mean to shout at him. "I'm sorry, I know you're going through a lot right now. Especially as Aleyha's father."

"But I just don't understand! Why aren't you doing anything? Go get her, bring her here, if you need to." She was so damned angry. She paced away from him while throwing questions at him in clipped british tones. "Why would your father do something like this?" She whirled to face him. She stalked up to him and poked a finger in his chest. "And why won't any of you stand up to him?"

In her anger she looked like a wild woman. Her limbs and lips trembled, green eyes sparked with fury, pink cheeks, blonde hair in disarray from running her fingers agitatedly through it.

"Oh no you don't." Kalif hissed as he reached out and grabbed Nicolette by her sweatshirt with his free hand that wasn't occupied with Kailie. "That doesn't concern you. Leave them alone." Kalif's eyes were cold and hard, as well as his voice.

Prodan thought wickedly in his mind, Man, she is hot and so cute when she is mad. Prodan sighed and said flatly, "Dad isn't what you would call a push over." Licking his lips so his voice wouldn't crack, he continued, "Look, I would stand up to him. I really would. The only one who actually can is Kalif. And Kalif doesn't care. Dad...if anything doesn't go his way in the family, he won't mind wiping off an offspring in order to achieve his goals. And if I am in his way...I won't be alive long enough to see my children graduate."

Prodan did all he could to control himself from wildly snogging the Headmistress of the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back