Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (René)
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Gwen had just eaten lunch but was lingering in the Great Hall. She was supposed to go to the common room to grab her books so she could get some studying in for the exams, but Gwen wasn't feeling like it. Thankfully, she had brought something to distract her. She had brought some nail polish with her today so she could do her nails if she had some extra time. She wanted to get into the Christmas spirit. Pushing her plate to the side, Gwen started painting her nails at the Slytherin table. She had decided on alternating red and white, with a red-and-white striped nail on each hand. She also had some glitter accents ready to make it even cuter. She hummed softly to herself as she got started, sure she would steal the show with these nails at the yule ball.

René had been watching Gwen over lunch for long enough he was pretty sure it was officially getting creepy. Objectively, this really shouldn't be so scary, it wasn't a big deal. He just had to go and talk to her and ask if she had a date to the ball. Easy. Worst case scenario she said no, maybe she laughed at him for asking. He could deal with it. Caleb and Louis laughed at him all the time. René forced himself to stand up, wiping his palms on his robes and repeating the mantra over and over in his head as he walked over to the Slytherin table, wishing not for the first time that he wasn't so tall.

"Hey! Hey, Gwen," he said, clearing his throat and trying to lower his voice to a more normal person volume. This should be easy he reminded himself. "Uh, cute nails. Like candycanes, right?" He asked, grabbing onto the distraction of Gwen's nail polish to help waylay his attempt to ask her out. "Are you doing it for Yule? You're uh. You're going right?"

Gwen saw René walking over to the Slytherin table and quickly became engrossed in her work. She was hoping he was heading over to her but didn't want to appear hopeful. Still, she couldn't quite suppress her grin when she heard him greeting her. She looked up and waved at him. "Hi René." She said, sitting up straight. "Oh, thanks! Yes, that was the idea." She said, admiring her work so far. She looked back up at him when he asked if she was doing it for the yule ball. He then asked if she was going, and Gwen hoped this was going where she thought it was going. "Yes, I thought it would be cute for Yule." She admitted. "Of course I'm going, are you?"

René couldn't help the burst of giddy nerves when Gwen greeted him happily, relieved she wasn't annoyed about interrupted. "It looks good, you're really good at that," he said, nodding at her nails. He didn't know how people managed to not get nail polish everywhere with such a tiny brush, René didn't even think he could do it with magic.

He felt his palms start to sweat when Gwen said she was going to the ball, figuring it was now or never, trying to get his mouth say something even if his brain was leaning towards the never idea and he could only stare at her for a few moments. "Oh, right yeah. I'm going, yeah course. Are you going... With.. Anyone? I figured if you were free and stuff, we could like. Together and all? If you want?" He managed in a rush. Not the smoothest but at least he'd asked.

Gwen smiled and blushed at René's compliment, smiling at him before she blew on her nails to let them dry. "Thank you." She said shyly. "It's just a lot of practice." She added with a small shrug. But she was pretty pleased with the compliment. Gwen held her breath as René mentioned the ball again, watching him closely. She let out a small gasp when he actually asked if she was going with anyone. Gwen's eyes widened slightly. He then actually asked her. Gwen had to stop herself from immediately yelling a yes, she didn't want to seem too eager. "Oh! I'd love to go with you." She said instead, giving him a small grin. "I was hoping you'd ask that, honestly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back