frosty day

" You need to promise to come out of your common room." Kyle said smiling.

A little giggle left Emma's mouth. She smiled brightly "I promise" She said still smiling "I promise to stop being a common room hermit" She added seeing how silly it was to stay overly in the common room anyway. She was having too much fun now.

"Oh yes wonderful you have changed my ways" Emma teased in a friendly way. "But no I don't really have any plans yet" She said thinking about what she could possible do. "Are you doing anything special today?" Emma asked.

"There in my trunk somewere" Ellie replied thinking, "Infact i think I'll go get them" She said with a grin, "Back soon" She waved and ran off the ice and up to the castle.

Emma listened to Ellie say she was going to get her skates. "Ok see you in a bit" She called to her as she set off for the castle. Then she paid attention to Kyle "Wondering around the castle" Emma repeated "I don't know maybe I go to the great hall and grab a bit to eat" Emma said she was not too hungry now but she would be soon. "Or maybe I will wonder about the castle" She added with a smile.

" Ok, see you soon Ellie." Kyle called as Ellie ran away." Well, i guess i will see you later then and if i dont then in know that you broke the promise. " He joked. Even thought Kyle had only met Emma he thought she wouldnt stay in her dorm all day.

"I would never dream of breaking a promise" Emma said smiling. She was having a good time and it didn't even feel like she was just learning how to really skate. She wasn't even that worried about falling anymore. It was sort of surprising.

" Good." Kyle said smiling back. " Your doing really good by the way. It took me ages to learn how to skate and you have only been learning for 10 minutes and you can already go faster." Kyle said encouragingly

"That's because you are here holding my hand and helping me" Emma said. She was quite sure that was the only reason that she was doing so good. She was usually a klutz most of the time. Unless she was doing her ballet then she was graceful but other than that she didn't have a hint of balance or at least she didn't think they did.

" Ok i will let go but skate beside you so you dont fall." Kyle said and let Emmas hand go but stayed close beside her so she wouldnt fall. " Remember to balance."He added.

"Wait" Emma said as a thing that she didn't really want Kyle to let go. She was quite content as she was. But he let go. Emma knew he was close but she was no longer not afraid of falling. She just tried to concentrate on moving her feet and not falling. She was tempted to close her eyes but she knew that wouldn't do any good. "I'm not falling" She said quietly almost afraid that if she said it too loud she would jinx herself.

" You'll be fine. Trust me." Kyle said smiling. He skated beside her and watched as she was going quite fast without falling.

Emma did trust him. He won't let me fall he won't let me fall Emma thought as she continued to skate carefully. She did not realize how fast she was going though that was probably a good thing. She may have freaked out if she did realize. Then all of a sudden Emma's leg sliped "Crap" She said right as she began to lose her balance.

Kyle grabbed Emma before she fell and hit the ice. " Well, done your getting better." He said with a smile.

Emma felt Kyle grab her and save her from hitting the ice again. She could already feel the bruise on her bottom from falling before. She didn't want another one. "Thanks" Emme said more to say thanks for preventing her from falling "What would I do without you" Emma said smiling a bit.

" You really are getting better." Kyle said truthfully. It had taken him ages to learn and he had given up when he fell but Emma didnt she kept on trying.

"Thanks" She said again feeling that maybe her thank you's were getting annoying to him. Yet he really was helping. She could barely do a turn before today now Emma was doing rather good. Not perfect by no means but good enough for her. "So" Emma said "Tell me something about yourself" Emma said. She wanted to know more about Kyle.

" Well, my mum died when i was younger and my dad decided to send me here. So when breaks come he goes on holiday and i just hang around here." Kyle said clenching his fists at the mention of home. " What about you?" He asked.

Emma looked over at Kyle when he talked about his family. She didn't mean to get that personal. Well in a way she did but Emma didn't want to cause any bad emotions. She reached over and grabbed one of Kyle's hands that in were a clenched fist "Sorry for bringing a bad topic up" Emma said with a smile filled with kindness.

"Well my mother and father basically hate eachother and blame Ana-Cole and me for all their problems because we are magical. Like we cast a spell or something on them" Emma said laughing a bit but her laughter was not a free as usually it contained a hint of bitterness. After all these years of being blamed for just about everything Emma was completely sick of her parents.

Kyle felt Emmas hand touch him and he looked up and smiled. " It ok, its not your fault." He then listened to her story about her family. " At least im not the only one who doesnt like home." Kyle said grinning.

More in common than I thought Emma thought happily. Though she knew she should probably let go of Kyle's hand she really didn't He is probably dating someone and you are going to get him into trouble if someone sees you two A voice in Emma's hand scolded her. Though she just pushed it aside. "Ok now that the morbid fact is out of the way" Emma said smiling "Name one nonmorbid fact" Emma said not even knowing if nonmorbid was a word.

"Nothing" Emma said "Well I guess you will have to think on it later than" She teased as she racked her brain for something interesting about her. It was actually a hard thing to think about no wonder Kyle couldn't think of anything. Then she thought of something "I bet you didn't know by the klutz I really am but I am very good at ballet" Emma said smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back