frosty day

Kyle Smith

Kyle walked out to the lake and noticed the lake was frozen. He had his skates with him and pulled them out of his bag, he put them on and walked over to the ice. Kyle started so skate happy that winter was finnaly here. It was his favourite season of the year. Kyle thought about what he would do later that day.

Ellie had been walking around the frozen lake, writing a letter to her dad. She was so preoccupied that she didn't notice were she was walking and found herself on her butt on the ice!
"Woops" Ellie said to herself as she laughed a little, before noticing there was a boy skating on the lake and a girl watching him at the side. She had never seen them before and guessed they must be at Hogwarts for the TriWizard Tournament. Blushing Ellie tryed to stand up, but the soles of her ugg boots were no good on ince and she slipped and fell back down again. "I'm Ellie" She told the skater and the watcher with a smile, trying to hide her embarassment.

Kyle noticed a girl watching him and he was just about to introduce himself when another girl slipped on the ice. He laughed a little then said to Ellie and the other girl. " Im Kyle. Need a help up." Kyle asked with a smile and put his hand out to pull her up.

Ellie laughed. "Yes please" She said, taking Kyle's hand and pulling herself up.
"Thanks" she said once she was standing. "So, are you's here for the TriWiz?" She asked with a cheery smile.

"Oh" Ellie said a little embarassed! "Forgive me, I've been gone half the year with Spattergroit!" She said with a laugh,
hatred in her voice as she spat the last word.

"Yehp, I'm absoloutely fine now thanks!" Ellie answered Kyle with a smile.

Emma was a bit bored up in the common room all bundled up . She decided to do something fun. But what? Then she looked out a window and saw a few people ice skating. "Perfect" Emma said as she dug through her bags and grabbed a pair of iceskates. Emma than threw up a heavy coat to stay warm.

She walked outside and towards the lake. There she sat down in a pile of snow and put her ice skates on. Once on she stepped onto the ice "You guys don't mind if I join you do you?" Emma asked as she skated over to them.

" So are you glad to be back." Kyle asked Ellie with a smile. He noticed a girl join them join them on the ice. "Sure. Im Kyle." He said to the girl who had joined them.

"Thanks" Emma said with a smile "I'm Emma" She added. Emma always found it amusing how she hadn't met some people and it was already the second semester. She really had to get out more. Then she looked at the other girl and noticed it was Ellie "Hey Ellie" Emma said smiling. She had not known that Ellie had come back but she was glad that she had.

Emma smiled "Well I think boredom took over and I thought a bit of ice skating would do me some good" Emma said "Though I have to warn everyone I am not too good" She added "Are you any good?" She asked.

" Well, i have been taking lessons since i was 9 years old." Kyle said. It might of sounded weird because he was a boy but he didnt really care what other people thought about him.

"Well then you are going to show me up out here arent' you" Emma said with a laugh and a smile. "I might just have to follow in your example" She added with another smile as she almost lost her balance for a second. Luckily she caught herself and prevented herself from blushing red.

"Can you do any tricks out here?" Emma wondered.

" I can teach you if you want." Kyle offered. When she asked if he could do any tricks he said. " I will try." Kyle skated to the middle of the lake and done an almost perfect front flip.

Emma smiled as she rubbed her hands together trying to keep them warm. "That would be nice" Emma said smiling more "It's a miracle that I am still standing actually" she added hoping that she wasn't going to jinx herself now.

Then Emma watched Kyle do a really awesome front flip "Wow" Emma said "That was really good. I guess all those lessons paid off" She said sounding impressed.

Kyle skated back over to where Emma was. " Thanks." He said smiling. " So, are you glad to be back after the breaks?" Kyle asked.

"I am so glad" Emma said "I swear any more time with my family I would have gone insane. No joke" Emma said smiling hoping that it didn't sound too bad. It was just with her parents always fitting, Ana-Cole and her health problems, Caina with her Slytherin Attitude. It was more than one girl could handle for two long.

"So" Emma said doing a small turn on the ice "Are you glad to be back as well?" She asked coming to a stop.

" Yeah, If i had to stay with my dad for any longer i would end up freaking out." Kyle said smiling as she did a turn on the ice.

"So I am not the only one that can't be with family too long" Emma said smiling "I feel better about it now" She added. She didn't feel like an awful person for not wanting to spend any bonding time with her family. "I've never seen you around the school" Emma said "I should really get out of that common room more often" Emma said with a smile.

"If it was warmer out I may spend more time outside" SHe said rubbing her hands together again. It was cold but she did love the winter. If there could be winter and snow without the coldness it would be perfect.

" Yeah, i was going to stay in the common room today but i ended up getting to bored being stuck inside." Kyle said.

" I take it you dont know many people because you are always stuck inside." Kyle asked.

"I know people in my house" Emma said knowing how pathetic it sounded "And a few in Gryffindor because of Ana-Cole" Emma said "But no I don't know too many people" She finished hoping that she didn't sound like a complete dork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back