Free Galleon! Get Your Free Galleon Here!

Hemi Te Rua

OOC First Name
Ru
Wand
Curved 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Hemi had a super duper idea for a prank he wanted to test out at Hogwarts. He had, ingeniously in his opinion, stuck one side of a galleon with super duper sticky magic glue and intended to drop it somewhere busy, the entrance hall was the perfect place. He held the galleon by it’s edges, careful not to get the glue on his fingers. The sleeves of his robes kept it disguised until he reached his destination.

Hemi arrived in the entrance hall shortly before the evening meal was due to start. Although quiet now, students would start to rush from all directions for their food at any moment. The first year looked around to check that there were no witnesses before dropping the galleon onto the stone floor. He stood on top of the galleon to ensure that it was properly stuck to the floor, after all he didn’t want the prank to backfire, and for someone to successfully pick up the galleon because of a simple mistake.

Smiling to himself, he lent against the wall near(ish) to the scene ready to laugh at all the people who would try and pick the galleon up.

Charlotte was hungry. Hungry was an understatement at this point. She practically ran towards the great hall for food as she imagined chicken wings and sweet pumpkin juice. Her stomach rumbled as she tried to push past everyone to get to the great hall. 'Move!' she thought as she elbowed someone in the rib. To be honest, Charlotte hated the size of the school. There were too many people and no wonder everyone was always late for class.

The thought of food exited her mind as something on the ground distracted her and caught Charlotte's eye. It was gold and shiny and just lying on the floor of the entrance hall. She walked up closer to it and realised that it was a galleon. "Mine!" she exclaimed possessively as she quickly swooped down to pick it up. But, unfortunately, it wouldn't budge and Charlotte pulled and pulled but it wasn't doing anything. "Come on!" She was getting angry now and her stomach was just about to explode from hunger. But she wanted that galleon and not even the thought of food was going to keep her from her shiny discoverings.

Sitting on the floor, Charlotte pulled with all her might for this one galleon. She watched as people walked past her looking at her like she was crazy. "Why isn't it moving?" she said to herself until she realised what it was being stuck on the ground by. How could she be so silly? "Oh, wow." she said sarcastically, standing back up and brushing off her robes. What kind of idiot did this to her? They were going to pay for it.

As expected, people started to emerge for their evening meal. A smile grew on the Gryffindor's lips as he witnesssed a Slytherin lunge for the galleon. "Ahahaha" Hemi laughed as if it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, especially since it quite possibly was. "Sucker! No galleon for you-hoo!" He sang cheerfully.

One thought which was yet to cross his small brain - how was he going to retrieve his own galleon?

Charlotte watched as a boy in gryffindor robes came up to her and started laughing at her. She laughed too, realising that it was only a practical joke. The only thing she hated about the situation was that she actually fell for it. "Well done." she told the boy, quite amazed at his efforts. "Is that yours? I can see you tried really hard to stick that onto the ground. But how are you going to get it back?" She could see him thinking and Charlotte smirked at him. Sometimes there were prices you had to pay. It was called karma and Charlotte was glad she wasn't the only stupid one here.

"Do you need some help?" she asked him. "I don't know any spells or anything to fix it but I guess it has to come off somehow, right?" Charlotte was really unsure of that and knew that the boy was in lots of trouble. Somehow, she felt it was her fault and started feeling sorry for the boy. He really was in a sticky situation.

Hemi was in good spirits, it wasn't an original prank but it was new to him and it made him smile because someone actually fell for it. "Yeah it's my galleon" He replied, "Ah I hadn't thought about that" Hemi scratched his head, how was he going to retrieve his super stuck galleon? "I guess with magic?" He answered hesitantly.

"No, no let's not worry about it now, it's only a galleon" He replied, remaining good humoured from watching the girl try for the galleon. "Do you want to wait with me to see if anyone else falls for it?" He asked, "It's pretty entertaining!"

The boy seemed fine with losing a galleon and Charlotte shrugged it off. She felt like she needed to repay him but didn't have any money on her. But she was glad that he was still happy and he didn't seem at all angry for his loss.

"Yeah! I'd love to!" Charlotte replied, happily skipping back over to the wall he was leaning on before. Charlotte loved pranks and she already found something in common with her and the boy. She had met a couple of people that liked pranks at Hogwarts and it made her feel like she really fit in.

"What's your name?" she asked after a while. "I'm Charlotte. It's nice to meet you!" She stuck her hand out for the boy to shake. Suddenly, she was no longer feeling hungry for food anymore and now she was hungry for laughter. So she waited there against the wall with the boy, ready for anyone to lunge for that galleon at any moment.

Just as you thought that the grin on Hemi's face couldn't get bigger, it did. Now he had an acomplice, pranks were always more fun with an acomplice. They moved back to the original position, Hemi tried his best to look neutral and non-suspicions, while always keeping an eye on his galleon.

The boy had been preoccupied with the prank that he completely forgot about introductions until the girl introduced herself as Charlotte. "Nice to meet you Charlotte, I'm Hemi." He accepted the hanshake, realising that he did recognise the girl. "I've seen you before. I think we have Defence Against the Dark Art class together."

Hemi kept watching on the gold coin, he didn't want to miss anyone taking a dive for it!

Defence Against the Dark Arts? Charlotte did indeed remember having that class with the gryffindors but was too preoccupied trying to avoid the professor's glare. The Defence Against the Dark Arts professor was Charlotte's head of house but he was probably the only person Charlotte was scared of and she wanted to avoid him at all costs. As for Hemi, Charlotte doesn't remember seeing him but nods anyway, scared that he'd probably feel offended that Charlotte payed no attention. Charlotte never pays attention so that was never a surprise.

Keeping her eye on the galleon, Charlotte tried her best to make conversation as if everything was normal. "Have you heard of the shop Gambol and Japes? They sell heaps of cool pranking stuff! I've never been there before but it's definitely something I want to do before I die!" she exclaimed, hoping Hemi knew what she was talking about. "I've asked my mother heaps of times but she always refuses and say that I'm too young for shops like that. But what does she know about pranking? My father does really cool pranks though. He was a gryffindor just like you and used to prank people everyday!" She rambled on, still trying to keep the galleon in her peripheral vision.

Hemi shook his head, no one had ever told him about a joke shop. His parents were unlikely to approve of him going there either but they were muggles, they never had to find out. "We should definitely go there!" Hemi said, "Our parents don't have to know." Hemi was a practical joker at times and magic was fuelling this behaviour in him.

"Oh yeah, did your dad ever tell you about any of those pranks?" Hemi wanted to hear them all!

Nibbling on the corner of a pre-dinner pumpkin pasty, Professor Pendleton made his way across the ground floor of the castle. All that homework marking he'd just finished had worked him up quite the ravenous appetite, and the delicious aroma of roast chicken wafting through the corridors only served to further intensify the growling in his stomach. The incident regarding Chaos Zhefarovich had still not quite left the inventor's mind, but he had at least pushed it aside for long enough to suppress his nausea. Recalling unpleasant memories, Monty gave a quick shudder and hastened his step.

Down the corridor. Into the entrance hall. Professor Pendleton was half way across the stone floor when something glinted attractively in the corner of his eye. Intrigued, he backed up for a better look. Upon noticing that it was a galleon, he looked left and right Clearly someone had dropped it, and it ought to be returned to its rightful owner at once. But, as far as Monty could see, there wasn't anybody around. Besides, anybody could claim they'd lost a galleon. It was unlikely to find its way back into the right hands now. Finder's keepers! thought Monty cheerfully, bending down to pick it up. What a marvellous day this was turning out to be! He swiped once, twice, at the coin, failing to catch it in his grasp. It was only on his third try (and a little attempted prising) that he realised he'd fallen victim to a practical joke. Flushing a very deep shake of pink, Professor Pendleton hurried along to the great hall for dinner.

Charlotte became excited when Hemi asked about the type of pranks Charlotte's father had done. He told her a couple but not too much as to give any ideas away and was glad to be sharing this information with someone else. "He told me about this one time he bought this soap that had a frog on it and when you wet it these other frogs just suddenly spawned and would start attacking you. One day he tried it on one of his friends and he described the situation as 'not a pretty one' and apparently one of the frogs bit off someone's ear and he had to grow back a new one." Charlotte told Hemi, quite unsure if it was possible to grow an ear back. Charlotte's father was always telling her unusual stories so it was really no surprise.

Charlotte's mind quickly became distracted as she could see that a small man had tried to pick up the galleon through the corner of her eye. She watched as he tried to grab it but missed three times then quickly ran away without another word. He seemed embarrassed and Charlotte felt kind of sorry for the man but laughed nonetheless, glad that someone else had also fallen for the amazing prank.

"Poor guy." Charlotte said as she watched him quickly make his way towards the great hall. "But you have to admit that was pretty hilarious." she added, holding onto her stomach as another laugh had suddenly emerged. She was glad she found Hemi and was very happy that it wasn't just her who fell for the trick.

"That sounds hilarious" Hemi replied, magic pranks were so much cooler to the kind he was used to. "Oh look we've got one!" Hemi nodded in the direction of his Potions Master.

He laughed as the Professor tried to grab the coin before scurrying off. "Well at least he didn't see us and tell us off," He smiled at Charlotte. He hadn't expected to find an acomplice but he enjoyed having one, he was glad he met her.

Silus Hollister was truly fatigued, and very greatly bored. His boredom was in fact, the cause of his tiredness as he had spent the last two days, wide awake, roaming the corridors of Hogwarts hoping for some excitement. It had eluded him, and Silus was feeling quite groggy as he made his way to the Great Hall.

As he passed through the entrance hall, he was distracted by the brilliant shine of the Wizarding coin, a galleon. It sat quite brazenly, Silus thought and out of the corner of his eye, he noticed two suspicious looking students. Were they looking at him? Silus smirked, there must be trickery involved, and those two were part of it.

Even if it was something as insignificant as a galleon that may buzz at touch, be a mere projection, or just be fake, it was something that counted as mischieve. Not much, but enough to perk Silus up a bit. Striding towards the two students, Silus noticed things were odd indeed. One was a Gryffindor while the other, was in fact, a Slytherin. "There's a galleon over here. Does it happen to belong to one of you?"

Hemi turned his head as someone directly approached them to ask about the coin. It was a wise Ravenclaw who must've figured out that they were playing a prank, after all a lost galleon wouldn't remain lost for long in a place like Hogwarts. Hemi gave him a confused look, "No, what galleon?" He wanted the boy to try pick it up despite his suspicions, simply for Hemi's amusement.

Charlotte watched as a Ravenclaw boy had slowly walked up to the two as they were laughing at the potions master. She stopped in her tracks and tried to play along with Hemi's story. Pretending not the notice the galleon, she said "Galleon!?" and looked around the place at everything but the ground, hoping that the boy would fall for it. She knew she was acting stupid but maybe the boy wasn't best suit for Ravenclaw? After all, it was pretty obvious they were up to something and if he didn't know by now then there was obviously something wrong with him.

Silus felt like rolling his eyes as the two decided upon playing dumb. He remained blank faced, and instead, gestured towards the nearby glistening coin, while raising his eyebrows. Perhaps if the boy and his companion hadn't been laughing and making such obvious and suspicious culprits of themselves, their tactic would've been more believable, but it was feeble.

Silus smirked. He wasn't sure he could keep it up for much longer. Nearing the two, he dropped his already low voice to a deep, barely audible whisper, that only he and the other two would be able to pick up. "Come now, I'm no simple minded fool. What's the coin do?"

Hemi was glad to see Charlotte playing dumb too. He glanced over at the galleon. "Oh yeah, look Charlotte there is a galleon over there!" The gold remained untouched, firmly stuck to the stone floor.

Okay Hemi could tell that the Ravenclaw was not fooled by their performance. He straightened his back, Hemi had no idea how to answer the next question. "Um" He looked to Charlotte, "Well it's a galleon," He stated in a patronising tone. "You buy stuff with it." Hemi shouldn't be so hard on the Ravenclaw, he might be a muggle born like himself and new to all of this.

On other days, Silus would have merely laughed at the smarta** answer he received for the Gryffindor, but he hadn't slept a wink in 48 hours and he was growing impatient. He growled and kicked at the coin, hoping it would roll out of sight and end up lost, but it remained where it was, causing Silus to stumble back, and for his foot to rebound. It seemed as though it was heading for either the girl or the boy. Sh**! No, no, no! He thought, wondering if the kick would connect.

"Oh, yeah! Is that yours?" Charlotte asked the Ravenclaw, pointing at the galleon. But the Ravenclaw was not impressed and attempted to kick the galleon away in frustration. 'How stupid of him.' Charlotte thought. If it was Charlotte, she would've just picked it up. But it seemed that the boy's kick was too forceful and his foot rebounded to go straight at Hemi. Charlotte instinctively jumped in front of it and pushed Hemi out of the way, grabbing onto the Ravenclaw's foot. She didn't want to see a new friend die upon their first meeting and took a big sigh of relief. Next time the Ravenclaw is going to have to watch where he kicks.

All Hemi could see was foot, he had little time to prepare for what was sure to be a kick in the face when, faster than a lightning bolt, Charlotte pushed him aside. She had saved Hemi from a bloody nose and he made a mental note to thank her later.

He looked at the Ravenclaw who had taken quite the tumble. "Are you okay?" He asked sincerely, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the galleon is glued down."

Silus felt the tips of his ears redden as the Slytherin girl grabbed onto his foot in an attempt to keep it from plowing into her friend. He would never admit it, but he felt embrarresment at this. Jerking his foot away, he sneered and barred his arms across his chest.

He pursed his lips as the boy spoke. "Yeah! I'd say you forgot that little piece of information! What motivated you to glue your galleon to the floor?" Flustered, he glared at the girl and then at the boy. The muscles in his jaw unclenched as an idea struck him. "Want some real mischieve? Why don't we skip supper." He knew he'd come to regret hanging out with these goons, but he was desperate for something to happen.

Charlotte could see that the Ravenclaw boy was embarrassed at almost kicking Hemi in the face. 'It serves him right.' Charlotte thought, letting go of his foot as he jerked it away. Charlotte was really thankful that no one got hurt but how could he be so inconsiderate as to not even apologise? She didn't have the best feelings about this new arrival and thought he might be up to something.

"Skip supper? And then where will we go?" Charlotte asked when the boy suggested they get up to mischief. Charlotte loved getting up to mischief but she wanted to know where they were going before taking any quick steps ahead.

Why did Hemi glue his own galleon to the floor? He couldn't think of a profound and intelligent response so he shrugged, "I dunno, just wanted to watch people try pick it up" And that he had, the practical joke had provided Hemi with lots of laughs and he had even made a friend out of it.

Hemi's ears pricked at the possibility of even more mischief. He was not one to ever turn down the offer of an adventure. Charlotte asked the question and Hemi anticipated the response. The Ravenclaw had his attention, now he simply had to deliver.

Silus grinned Cheshire Cat style as the Slytherin girl asked where they'd all go. "I was thinking we could perhaps... take a look see inside the Potions Classroom. It's not the Forbidden Forest, but that place is overrated. Besides, I wonder if that nutty professor left out anything worth a drink." He smirked, and shot them a mischievous look. "What say you to that?" He asked the two.

Charlotte had never been in the potions classroom before and she was very excited to see what it looked like. "I'm in!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down on the spot. It was now time for an adventure and Charlotte could not wait. The fact that she had one new friend and acquaintance to accompany her made it so much better. At this point, Charlotte did not care whether or not they would end up getting into trouble and found it extremely enlightening that she wasn't making her way back to the cold and boing Slytherin common room at this very moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back