Football!

Liz nodded at Bruin. This whole catching thing sounded complicated, but watching him should help.

Bruin had to jump a little, but fortunately he had big hands and the ball, while stinging a little, remained in them for a completion. "Alright Kingsley, settle down now...we weren't all raised in Football Town USA...take it easy on us..."

Bruin chucked the ball back at her a little harder this time, hoping that she wouldn't crank it up another notch herself and start hurting people.

Kiera laughed at his joke and caught the ball with ease. "I can kick it up a couple of more notchs when youre ready to handly it" she yelled jokingly and threw the ball back with a little less force than last time.

Bruin caught Kiera's pass again and turned to Lily and Liz... "Alright which one of you wants to go deep???"...Bruin figured that Lily knew what he meant, but thought Liz still had a little of the deer in the headlights look about her. "That means you start running as fast as you can in that direction and then I'll throw it as far as I can and you try and run under it and catch it...what do you think?"

Liz took off down the field at a full sprint...Bruin could only hope that she would look back some time soon...

He yelled "Alright, here it comes!!!" just as he took a few short step back and then stepped into his throw, sending a high arcing spiral in Liz's direction. Bruin watched as the ball flew down the field and judged that Liz and the ball had a better than average shot of ending up in the same general vicinity if they kept on their current path...now if only she would turn around, he thought to himself....

Liz looked up, and saw the ball flying through the air. She turned back, and continued sprinting. Liz was a very fast runner, and it didn't take her long to run the distance that the ball was going to land... plus an extra thirty feet or so.

When she turned back, she looked up. "Hey! Where's the ball???" Liz looked down on the ground infront of her, and, 10 yards away, was the ball. "Er....."

Bruin handed the ball to Kiera..."Here, maybe you can throw it far enough for Speedy Gonzalez over there!!!" Bruin joked as he looked at Liz.

((eek! I'm so sorry, but I've gtg for like 20-30 mins. Need to pick up some medication then head home :p Be back soon! Those of you in the quidditch practice forum, if you could relay this for me. Thanks!))

((OOC-I can hold off for a bit here too...play again later perhaps?))

(((i'm back now whenever you all are - she is FINALLY asleep. some nights she just won't settle down! lol)))

(((no problem - i will be around for a while. pm me if you want to start up tonight. i am okay if we hold until all of us can be back tomorrow. just let me know!)))

((Let's just post as we come in XD ))

Liz chased the ball as Kiera threw it. She dove for it. Finally, this time she caught it. "Yes!" she yelled, grinning at the three other players. That dive really kicked her. There was dirt all over her clothes, and her hair had fallen out of a ponytail.

(((np - i am here for a while so we could just not throw to Kiera for awhile til she is back)))

Lily cheered as Liz caught the ball. "Great catch! You gotta get dirty to play football!"

Lily smiled as she said that to a very dirty Liz.

"Throw it here!"

Liz wiped some dirt off her forehead. "Thanks guys!" she threw the ball to Lily. It went straight, directly at Lily. It didn't look nice, but the throw was effective.

Lily caught the wobbley football. "Not a bad catch. You are getting better at throwing. Try another catch."

Lily threw a fairly decent spiral in Liz's direction. Her throw didn't look as great as Bruin's or Kiera's, but not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back