Football!

Liz rolled her eyes. "Bellatrix was on a pureblood supremecy rant. My blood's even 'purer' than her own. I showed her that either way, it'll fall." she laughed lightly. "Don't think I'm crazy though, just a bit dramatic."

"Hey Lily...you don't really like the 49er's do you??? I mean, they haven't won too much since Jerry Rice retired... Personally, I'm a Chargers fan!!! Just something about a bunch of guys running around with lightning bolts on their head that gets to me!" Bruin said, sure that he had confused Liz even more.

"Liz no worries, I would never hold blood against anyone. People can be wonderful or vicious regardless of bloodlines." she said with a smile "and I can be just as hyper and weird, especially when I am at a football game!"

Lily smiled, "Yes Bruin, I love the Niners! I know the team hasn't been too good in a while, but I have faith they will prevail again!" Lily threw her shoulders back and put her fists on her hips as she said it. "I don't know about those Chargers though. I think they have been about as good as the Niners!"

Liz looked at Bruin like he was mad. "Are those positions? Like... chaser, beater, seeker kind of thing?"

Suddenly she heard Kiera. "Oh! Got it!" She ran at the ball and leapt in the air to catch it.

The result was comical. The ball hit her in the stomach, and she fell out of the air, losing her grip on the ball. Once she landed she looked at it. "You guys, this ball's not good. Something's wrong with it."

Bruin admired Liz's enthusiasm, if not her technique. He walked over towards her and picked up the ball... "Want to learn how to throw it???" he asked

"Sorry Liz, those are team names. I follow the San Francisco 49ers. This is their jersey" she said as she pointed out her shirt to Liz. "The Chargers are from San Diego. They have a lightning bolt as their logo."

Lily hoped that she helped clear things up for Liz.

"What is wrong with the ball? Is it flat?"

Liz nodded to Bruin. "I'd love to learn how to throw it! Or... a different one I guess. I don't know how you guys didn't notice! This ball isn't round!!!!"

Liz looked at Lily. "Ohhhh! Alright! Thanks!" she grinned. "I guess this is payback from when I try to lecture muggleborns about the Chuddley Cannons. Or any of my other idol-teams!"

Bruin held the ball out for Liz and showed her the laces..."Alright, now spread out your four fingers and place your finger tips near those lace things and then wrap your thumb underneath the tip of the ball..." Bruin positioned her fingers a little so she had a good grip....

"Now, pull the ball back over your shoulder, step with the opposite foot towards where you want to throw it and then follow through with your hand toward your target...snap your wrist a little at the end and it will spin the ball a little so it flies better...that's called a spiral."...Bruin went through the throwing motion and hoped for the best...

"Hey! I have heard of the Cannons! They are mentioned in the book I got on quidditch!" Lily said with a smile.

Liz looked strangely at Kiera. "Okay... I guess I've got a lot to learn!"

She held the ball at Bruin instructed. "Oh... that makes sense then!" As she threw it to Kiera, it actually made quite a nice spiral. It was a great throw!!!

Aside from the fact that it went about 25 feet to the left of Kiera.

"Oops!" she said, blushing a bit. It'd been a long time since she'd been so new at something so many people seemed to know.

"Nice throw Liz...you just need a few more receivers spread around the field!" Bruin said with a laugh, hoping she didn't take offense at his teasing.

Lily spread out further from Kiera so Liz had another target.

"I'm open too - so if Kiera can't get it, I hopefully can!" she said smiling.

(((I will be back in a little while - gotta put the little one to bed)))

Liz aimed for Bruin this time. The throw wasn't nearly as spectacular, but it got within 10 feet of Bruin, so she was happy.

"Yes!" she grinned. "This is fun! Catching is going to be scary though! How do you catch it when it's such a weird shape?"

((Sorry! I RP with Courtney so much that I sometimes end up typing her name instead of another one XD I editted it!))

"Throw it to one of us and we will throw it back and you can try to catch it." Kiera said with a huge grin.

((I heart children as long as theyre not like my sister! I love her but shes too much for me! My cousins 4 and shes quite a handful and very opinionated. and too old for her age. prob cause her sisters 14 lol)))

Bruin thought about Liz's comment on catching..."Basically you always want to catch with your hands...I know that sounds silly, but look at my face, you don't want to end up like this do you?" Bruin paused for a moment "So, if the ball is above your chest you put your hands like this... " Bruin made a kind of diamond shape with his thumbs and index fingers and his palms pointing away form him ."...and hope that the tip of the ball kind of settles into that space. If the ball is thrown low, then you turn your palms up and try to make more of a basket catch."

Bruin turned to Kiera..."Hey, throw me a couple of high ones so I can show what I mean!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back