flying.

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Stephanie walked down to the quiditch pitch. It was a gorgeous day, and Stephanie hadnt flown for a few months.
She mounted her borrowed broom, and kicked off. She flew gloriously, just the way her brother had taught her.
She dipped and turned, and rose high into the air.
She flew in and out of the stands. Taking extra care not to look messy. Alex had told her that if she practiced flying well enough, and practiced her quiditch, she could make it on the gryffindor team.
'fly well, you need to practice' She kept telling herself. It was her dream to become a quiditch player since her brother had taken her to her first quiditch match.

She flew gracefully, her beautiful long deep red hair thrown back in the wind.
Finally she dipped low and landed. She took her broom and went and sat down on the grass near a stand. Thinking of the first time she flew her brothers broom, a year ago.

Harri walked gracefully out to the quiditch pitch mounting her broom immedietly, although last year she had only been a reserve she still was ecstatic to have even made the subteam for Gryyfindor, she flew around zooming so fast on her firebolt that her hair whipped her face and her eyes began to stream, she slowed down a bit, she hadn't flown in ages and it felt so nice to be out again! She stopped in the air pleased with the speed she had reached and did loop the loops till she was dizzy then flew to the ground landing neatly and agilley she spotted someone on the ground and began walking over "Hey Steph didn't see you there!" she said flopping down on the ground next to her, making sure her broom was put down first.

'Hey Harri, i was just taking a break, i havnt flown for a few months. I saw you flying, your really good! You'll have to give me tips!' Stephanie grinned at Harri.

Harri laughed "Thanks Steph!" she said pleased "I can always help you if you need it, I learnt from my friends! Actually I don't know if I'd even be able to fly properly if it weren't for them!" she said admiration in her voice, "Looking forward to flying lessons then?" she asked.

'Yeah i am, at least then i could find out if im flying right, my brother has been teaching me for a year. Just the basics. Ive taught myself how to like dip and turn safely and that.' Stephanie told Harri, tugging at the grass and letting it fall out of her hand.

"You taught yourself? thats really good!" Harri siad smiling "You should find flying lessons pretty easy then there really good fun as well!" Harri said grinning "Is your brother a good flyer then?" Harri asked interestedly.

'Yeah he really is, he taught my sister, who loved flying, until she rode into a tree.' Stephanie laughed and continued. 'This is his broom, he sent it me, when i told him i didnt get time to buy my own.'
Stephanie pointed to the shabby old broom lying next to her, 'When he went to Hogwarts Scotland, he was seeker in the team. That was until he pulled out in his second year, but he carried on playing and teaching me.'

Harri laughed "She flew into a tree?" she asked still laughing, "Your brother sounds cool how old is he?" she asked thinking he was probably about the same age as Steph as they got on so well. "Oh I know someone who goes Hogwarts Scotland!" Harri said smiling.

'20 two weeks ago.' Steph said smiling, she loved talking about her brother, he was her rock, he was like a best friend. 'And yeah, my sisters not the brightest button in the box. But she's good at her own thing.'
Stephanie smiled and grabbed some more grass.

"Really, 20?" Harri said quite shocked "Well it's good you get on well, my uncles like 25 and we get on really well!" Harri said realising it probably wasn't that different from how well her and James got on. "It's nice having someone older to talk to sometimes isn't it?" she asked her fingers brushing lightly over the grass. "Shall we start flying?" Harri asked itching to get back on her broom.

'Its amazing to have someone like my brother and sister to talk to.' Steph told her, 'Yep, lets go!'
Stephanie stood up and mounted her broom, she kicked off hard, and once again she was flying through the air. The wind brushing against her face as she flew.

'Its amazing to have someone like my brother and sister to talk to.' Steph told her, 'Yep, lets go!'
Stephanie stood up and mounted her broom, she kicked off hard, and once again she was flying through the air. The wind brushing against her face as she flew.

Harri smiled "Yep it is!" she said but Steph had already gone. she mounted her broom flying after Steph and over taking her, "Race you to the the goal hoops!" Harri said zooming as fast as she could through the hoops not sure who had got there first.

Stephanie giggled and zoomed along behind her.
'Aghh!' Stephanie said, pretending to be hurt when she had lost by seconds. 'You win!' She laughed.

Harri laughed "But your pretty fast!" Harri said doing a loop the loop before zooming off again this time really pushing herself, the whole castle whoosed past in a smudge.

'Haha, Alex taught me to go as fast as you can, all the time' Steph shouted as she flew fast after Harri. Giggling as she sped in the air.

Harri came to a complete stop suddenly but smoothly "Do I sense a challenge?" she said michiviously raising one eyebrow.

Steph giggled, 'meh, i think i could beat you! Lets go to the goal posts and back?' Winking at Harri. 'Get ready, set go!'

Steph zoomed down the pitch, her eyes set firmly on the goal posts, laughing as she flew.

Harri looked shocked "Beat me! I doubt it!" she said jokingly, then set off not going as fast as she could making sure she kept neck and neck with Steph, as she reached the goal post and turned around she zoomed off at nearly double her previous speed. She didn't even know where Steph was at this point.

Steph turned at the goal and sped of back to where they started, her eyes started watering at she zoomed through the air. She put her all into her flying. When she reached the start, she wiped her eyes, wondering where Harri was.

Harri grinned having reached the start seconds before steph "Told you you couldn't beat me!" she said laughing and poking her toungue out, she patted her firebolt gently and doing a celebratory back flip.

Stephanie gasped. 'Well, your older!' She teased. Weaving in and out of imaginary poles. Giggling, 'Next time il win! When ive had more practise!'

Harri laughed "Well you've got the Gryffindor spirit!" she said grinning "But I doubt it!" she said sticking her toungue out and zooming around the field, "You'll do good at tryouts, I'm sure!" she said truthfully.

'I probably got that from my brother and dad. They are both great flyers. And great chasers too.' Stephanie smiled, hovering in mid-air. 'And thanks, your a amazing flyer!'

Harri smiled happily "Thanks Steph, your a great flyer too!" she said honestly, "So were the rest of your family in Gryffindor?" she asked,hovering on her broom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back