Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Open after Kris posts as Brooke and Kadi posts as Delilah

Ivy loved that she had charms this semester, and she loved even more that neither of her friends/rivals had it with her. She only had the Hufflepuffs to content with in that class, and they were not really a challenge in her opinion. Ivy was heading to lunch after class, eager to get started on her homework for charms which she had tentatively dubbed her favorite subject so far. Rather than heading over to Gryffindor, she looked around to see if she saw Brooke or Delilah sitting anywhere yet. Ivy noticed Brooke, and headed over to her with a smile. She took the seat next to her, grinning. "Hi Brooke, do you mind if I do some of my charms homework here?" She asked her. "I figured you might find it interesting too, for next semester." She added with a small shrug.

Brooke had been greatly enjoying all her classes so far, though she was unsurprised that none (perhaps bar flying) were particularly challenging. And it wasn't like flying was that important anyway. She was trying to decide if she had time to squeeze in a little extra reading before her next class if she ate quick enough when Ivy joined her. Brooke smiled brightly at her, not letting it falter as Ivy gently rubbed in her Charms work in her face. "Oh please, that'd be great. I'm deathly curious what you are all working on in there. I've been teaching myself a few things already, but I'm sure having the professor helps you a lot." Besides her own study, the most magic Brooke was learning so far had been in Defense Against the Dark Arts, a class Ivy was also in. She couldn't wait for next semester when she had Charms and Transfiguration.

Delilah entered the great hall looking forward to lunch. She had just finished digging around and herbology and was ready for a break and something to eat. She was about to make her way to the Ravenclaw table when she noticed Ivy and Brooke were sitting at the Slytherin table and she decided to join them. “Hello.” she said pleasantly and sat on the opposite of the table from the other girls. “What are you looking at?” she asked curiously and leaned over to take a look. “Is that your charm’s homework?” she asked as she served herself some food. She was looking forward to taking charms next semester. It felt like the most practical magic they would learn, and Delilah was looking forward to learning something that she would use everyday unlike herbology or flying.

Ivy grinned as Brooke admitted she was curious about the Charms lessons, feeling luckier than ever for already getting them. She didn't miss the implication that Ivy needed a professor's help to learn spells while Brooke was learning on her own, but didn't react to it. "We've learned the levitation spell." She said proudly, already reaching for her wand to show it off. She grinned even wider as Delilah joined them, nodding. "It is Charms. Watch this." She said, perfectly executing the swish and flick motion. "Wingardium Leviosa." She said grandly, pointing her wand at Brooke's fork. She made it levitate around the Slytherin girl's head for a moment before gently poking Delilah in the arm with it. "That's one spell we learned."

"Hi Delilah," Brooke said brightly as the other girl joined her. At least Delilah also hadn't had Charms yet, so Brooke wasn't alone in that. "Oh very impressive! I'm so jealous you get to work on that already," Brooke said as Ivy levitated her fork, deciding to set her lunch aside for the moment. "It's not much, but I've been working with some older students on stuff," She said lightly, pulling out her own wand and a piece of parchment before quickly casting a bluebell flames charm, laying the burning parchment lightly on a cleared plate. Admittedly, Brooke had been doing most of the work herself, but the other girls didn't need to know that. "Your spell was cool though, Ivy," She said encouragingly. "Have you been working on any spells, Delilah?" Brooke said, looking over curiously at the other girl.

Delilah smiled to herself at the other’s back and forth. They were always trying to one up each other when it came to school work, and was for a moment glad she was just outside of that dynamic even if she also felt a little left out at the same time. “Oh wow.” she gasped as the paper Brooke charmed started to burn. Just as she took a bite of her lunch as Ivy demonstrated the levitation charm and she could feel her eyebrows raise as Brooke’s fork started to float. Delilah couldn’t help but laugh as Ivy directed the eating utensil around the Slytherin girl’s head, making sure to cover her mouth to be polite. “Ow!” she nearly shouted with a laugh when she got poked. “Watch where you aim that thing.” she teased before considering Brooke’s question. “I have Transfiguration but so far the only actual spell we’ve learned is how to turn a quill into a spoon. Nothing that I would really consider interesting or useful.” she said with a sigh.

Ivy grinned as Brooke said it was impressive and that she was jealous, that had been the goal, though she wouldn't admit that. "Thanks!" She said brightly. But then it was her turn to be jealous when Brooke told them she had been working with older students. The flame charm she did made Ivy's eyes go wide, and she leaned in to see what she was doing. "Can I know what spell that was? How do you do that?" She asked, her eagerness to learn overriding her unwillingness to let Brooke know she had impressed her. She laughed as Delilah teased her, but then listened with interest as the Ravenclaw answered Brooke's question. "That is interesting, though." She said with a small shrug. "Has it stayed a spoon?"

Brooke listened with polite interest as Delilah explained what she'd worked on in her classes, though she was a bit envious of the interesting subjects the other two had already covered. "From my understanding Transfiguration theory is a lot more complex than just some wand waving, have you been finding that alright?, " Brooke asked Delilah curiously. As she understood, she'd be having Transfig with Ivy again next semester and she was eager for anything to give a little leg up over the other girl.

Grinning to herself, Brooke drew out her wand again, happy to demonstrate the blue bell flames charm for Ivy again, deciding to set the flames gently onto her cleared plate in front of her. She'd worked hard on it for most of the semester, it was tricky to create a controlled flame that didn't immediately go out and Brooke was eager to show it off some to an equally eager audience. "Don't feel bad if you didn't immediately get it, it took me awhile to figure it out," She told Ivy softly.

Delilah felt relieved that both Brooke and Ivy seemed to accept her account of Transfiguration. She really did feel she was one step away from loosing their respect at a moments notice, or at least when it came to Brooke. “I don’t think so.” she admitted, sounding a bit wistful but she honestly couldn’t remember if they had turned them back or not. “Yes, it is a lot of theory. But that part hasn’t been any trouble.” she said coolly and smiled at Brooke. She watched carefully as Brooke demonstrated the spell again, trying to take note of exactly what she did. Delilah might not be as outwardly eager as Ivy was but she was curious in her own way and she wasn't about to let something as cool as this go unobserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back