Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
+ man crush mondays
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Whippy Mahogany Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Chaser had always been an upbeat student, since the beginning of his fifth he'd had a more positive energy about him. He had managed to keep the fact he'd made a new friend over the summer a secret from everyone at Hogwarts, and even though he and Aminia had been exchanging letters, no one had seemed to twig on to the fact he was visiting the Owlery more frequently and spending more time in his dorm practising his hand at writing. Today though he was in the student lounge, making the most of the evening as the Christmas holidays were approaching. Dressed in a bright orange fluffy playsuit, Chaser had earlier managed to find a fishing rod in the greenhouses, though who knew what it was used for at the school. On the end of it dangled a handful of mistletoe, and as the fifteen year old was stood on a table in the centre of the room, he was teasing the students of all ages as they passed, creeping up the plant above their heads. A few didn't realise until it was too late, and turned to see him grinning at them before turning away, but Chaser was enjoying himself, never really taking anything to seriously.

Linnux wasn't the most studious person, and wasn't the most observant, but couldn't help but notice his dorm mate doing an awful lot of writing lately. That was why on the lovely winter afternoon he followed Chaser, expecting to catch him doing whatever he was plotting, and Linnux knew he was plotting. The Gryffindor edged along the wall and in his most detective-ish manner peaked quickly around the corner. Only to find he was only harassing other students with... mistletoe? And a fishing rod - for Merlin's sake. Trying to contain his laughter the teen boy approached. "Chase," spoke the English lad "Just cause no one is gonna kiss you doesn't mean you gotta make them kiss one another." He moved to the side, being sure not to step under the mistletoe. He wasn't about to kiss anyone after all. His brain turned and he hopped onto the table. "Hey jump down there, see if I can get a girl for you to kiss." He Gave a friendly wink to the guy, obviously only teasing.

Chaser was perfectly content enjoying himself, dropping the plant into the heads off unsuspecting victims, when he noticed his friend out the corner of his eye. 'It's tradition mate. Just giving them a helping hand." Chaser grinned as Linnux jumped up beside him. Even he didn't know the friendship that was brewing between himself and a Ravenclaw in New Zealand. Chase couldn't have been sure whether Aminia liked him as a friend or more, but if he wanted to keep up with appearances he knew he would have to play along 'Hereeee fishes,' he joked, dusting the plant ahead of a blonde student. Chaser had no interest in kissing someone, and didn't blame those who glared at him either, but he was bored and it was fun to see their reactions. 'Alright Alright' Chase handed thr fishing rod to Lin, slapping one hand in jest on his mates chest before leaping off the table into the crowd, where he proceeded to beginning dancing over the top and dramatically as one would expect to see of a Peacock. Chaser had never been taken seriously and he liked it that way, life was too short to be plain. Besides he wouldn't be giving Lin the satisfaction of finding out he had real feelings.

Linnux watched his friend and laughed, hopping over next to him. "Since when have you given a real help in hand?" He heated, grabbing the pole from him when it was offered. Linnux fisher it over and obvious couple, who took the opportunity to song, at which Lin fixed its position and moved to hang it over two other students. The female was obviously not happy, and spoke that she was his sister. How was Linnux supposed to know the kids were related! "Oi, Chase." He spoke, trying to get his friends attention as he dangled the mistletoe over a blonde girl's head, moving his head to the side as if to say he'd caught someone for him. "You know the owlet must be lonely without you there." He joked, prying as to why the brunette had been sneaking off so often.

Chaser was mid dance when he heard his dorm mate address him from the table. "Mate don't tell them that, you'll scare them away," he said, although honestly he'd helped out a little here and there in his own special way. Chaser burst out laughing when Linnux tried to pair a couple of siblings together, finding the amusement in most situations. He didn't look anything like his own sister but they had no biology in common, and didn't even share the same nationalities. Turning his head upon hearing his name, his unruly brown hair fluffy and unkempt, he watched as Lin tried to direct the mistletoe over to another student.

He directed his over the top moves towards the blonde, even though he didn't particularly want to do anything once he reached her. Hopefully she was going to move out his way before he could. That was when he heard his friend talk about the Owlery, and the Gryffindors cheeks began to flame up to the same colour of his bedroom drapes. There was no way the fifth year had noticed him surely. He'd been careful to go at times that would be subtle, and even if he had visited more than the rest of his four years prior put together, he hadn't exactly been obvious. Trying to play off the fact that Lin had caught on to his secret, Chaser tried to play off the situation by sliding up to the blonde he briefly recognised but had never spoken to, hoping to direct the attention to her despite him being the reason for the game in the first place.

Belladonna couldn't wait to be done with school. Sure it was great following in her parents footsteps and learning magic, even after she'd believed she'd been a muggle until she arrived at Hogwarts. It was however that over the last few years her sister had begun to drift apart from her, and now that Keanu had graduated she felt more alone than she had before. Her only solace was that in just over a year she would be able to return to her hometown in France, reunited with the one family member who'd never given up on her.

The blonde looked around the room as she felt something tickle the back of her head, and even though the Slytherin was never particularly in a good mood, it infuriated her to see that she was being made a mockery of by some younger students. "Have you nothing better to do!" She suddenly said in her native French tongue, staring at the younger boys. She'd seen them around a few times, they'd never really been careful enough to keep themselves away from trouble, and Belladonna didn't appreciate they were trying to use her for their entertainment. Her blue eyes shot to the boy as he sidled up to her, and taken a step back out of her chair she glanced between the pair, wondering what stupid excuse they were going to offer her for acting like children. Like any of them had spare time these days, all older students should have been working towards something. Apparently now though she couldn't even study in peace without being made a fool of. She grabbed at the mistletoe that hung from the piece of twine, yanking it from its hold so it broke off, throwing it to the ground so that no one else would have to go through the humiliation she was currently feeling. "Well?" She asked, refusing to leave until they told her why they thought it was acceptable.

Hook, line, and sinker. The boy with brown tufts for hair went crimson and Linnux grinned. His remark however was caught in his throat when the girl not far from them that he'd been trying to get Chaser to go up to was speaking. Linnux was shocked to hear it was a language he didn't particularly understand - he only spoke English after all. Linnux nearly lost balance when she yanked on the mistletoe and pulled it off its string. The Gryffindor held his hands up and hopped off the table, just glad that he didn't hit Chaser. "I'm sorry. It's just you were so ridiculously hot that Chaser put me up to it." He spoke, giving a cheeky grin to the girl. "But you're right, he was very wrong to play this kind of game, and I was horrible for joining in." Linnux put an arm around his friend, obviously putting him in the firing line a little. "I think." Linnux grinned mischievously. "He thought it was a good way to get a date to the dance." Linnux didn't think Chaser would be able to get a cute, blonde like the girl before them as a dance date - but if he didn't harass his friend was he really any kind of friend. He then leaned over slightly. "Or maybe those letters... mean otherwise" He drew out the S's on the words, grinning wide, knowing his friend had such an embarrassed reaction. Linnux never worried about pushing Chaser too far, after all, they were dorm mates, he'd have to be friendly with him eventually.

Chaser was doing his best to put on his most confident persona as he approached the girl, although her reaction was just what he expected. As she stared at him as though he'd just dropped milk in her lap, Chaser began to smile, his white teeth making themselves known to her. He watched as she tore down the mistletoe, and he felt as though it was actually a relief that he didn't have to approach any other students now, when Linnux jumped down beside him. He almost choked on his own spit however when his dorm mate told her it had been his idea, but as he felt his friends arm, Chaser put both of his own around his shoulders, resting his head against his in a seemingly innocent hug, all while squeezing him hopefully a little too tight for comfort, the a**. "What are you talking about. The dates are numbers not letters, and come the 22nd of December I'm sure this lovely lady will have her own plans." Chaser smiled between his friend and the girl, trying his best to defuse the situation. He felt as though he should have made the most of the situation and tried to claw at Lin's arm while he had the chance, but instead turned back to the Slytherin, "I'm sorry my friend here is very ambiguous, he clearly just meant you need some air, although, you are, very lovely." Chaser finished, trying not to offend her and he shoved his friend out her way. Once they were clear of the girl, he turned to Linnux, his cheeky grin never leaving his face. "Man, I swear you almost got me slapped there," he added in jest, never letting on that Linnux was on the right track with the letters he'd been writing.

With both hands landing on her hips as she watched the two boys try to wiggle their way out of their games, Bella's eyes never lifted from the one that had originally approached her. She was rarely a violent person, but that didn't mean she wasn't defensive when she felt threatened, and even though they tried to give reasons as to why they'd thought it was a good idea to interrupt her studies, the embarrassment she felt when she knew other people had likely seen them wasn't lifting. She didn't really care if neither of them thought it was important, but she will still angry nonetheless as she watched them both walk away, acting as though they'd gotten away with it. Bella's eyes followed them both as they left her, and while she was glad they hadn't made more of a scene she didn't exactly want to just let them go unpunished. She cleared up the work she'd been doing at the desk, tucking her things into her shoulder bag and throwing it over her head, before picking up the toast she'd been munching on as she worked. She liked to do that, eat and work. It made her feel more productive and the sweet honey helped her to concentrate. Breaking the remaining slices evenly, Bella headed out the door of the student lounge, but not before she dropped the light sticky food in both of the hoods of the boys attire, glad they'd at least experience a little difficulty later on, just as they'd caused her now she was going to need to return to the gloomy depth of her common room.
<i></i>

Linnux laughed at his friend, hardly able to contain his chuckles even as Chaser squeezed the life out of him. The brunette rubbed his shoulder where Chaser had wrapped his arms around him, trying to work out the soreness from it as they talked. "What I think she liked you. Or maybe it was me. Couldn't imagine you with a blonde after all." The man said, still blissfully unaware of what the letters were really about. He was about to prod more when he felt his hood weigh down just slightly, adn watched the cute blonde exit. "What the?" he unzipped the jacket and turned it around, seeing the mess of honey in the hood. "Oh that little... Think she'd dance with me?" he asked, laughing as he used his wand to clean the mess out of his jacket hood. "So with all distractions like curvy blonde babes and mistletoe out of the way, what's the deal. I came to grab you after class for some food and you were gone? Followed you up the stairs - there were a lot of them - and you were heading out of the owlry. Hard to duck into a professors classroom and get questioned about my failing grades in order to avoid you. Is it your sister?" he inquired, hoping everything was okay with her.

Once they were out of the vicinity of the girl, Chaser turned to Linnux, his smile never leaving his face. "Who wouldn't," he replied, nudging his dorm mate's arm with his elbow. The fifth year knew neither of them were being serious, and there were plenty who found him annoying, but that wasn't the point and Chaser liked to believe that confidence was always key to making new friends anyway. Chase didn't realise that the girl had passed them until his friend began taking off his jacket, "Woah mate I believe you like me, no need to prove it," he joked, watching him searching through the hood of his garment. Sniggering at what he realised the Slytherin had done, he looked over his own shoulder to see he'd received the same treatment, but figuring that honey was usually an ingredient for hair products anyway he figured he'd just leave it in there for now. Besides, he was going to have a little difficulty taking off the entire onesie before the returned to their dorm. Shoving his hands in his pockets as Linnux cleaned his jacket, the warmth was beginning to spread to his face once again. He'd thought he'd managed to steer clear of the conversation he was clearly heading in, but as much as the Gryffindor loved to tell stories, he rarely lied about the truth. "Nah Maggie's fine asides from her lack of social skills." He did worry a bit about his younger sister, especially after the last few years she'd become increasingly occupied about his growing skills surrounding magic. "Just had to grab some letters was all." Chaser had been managed to squirrel away the correspondence from Aminia for both of their benefits, and for as long as he could he wouldn't let on to a soul that she was involved with him in any way in fear she would get in trouble with her troupe. "What did you tell the Professors?" he asked, doing his best to change the subject again.

Linnux laughed at his friend's reaction, shaking his head slightly. "I mean I figured me in a cut off was a good gift for Christmas." He joked, flexing his arms, though there wasn't much to flex. The brunette settled his antics though when his friend spoke. "She should have come here. Tempo and her would have got on, I think." Tempo, Linnux's younger sister, wasn't overly talkative. But she bounced over food and being mellow - something that might have done Maggie some good. "I told the professor I thought my best friend was going to learn how to fly from the owlry." He jested. "So some letters that aren't from Maggie?" He inquired, obviously not dropping the subject. "So you going to introduce me to your boyfriend soon?" He inquired, trying to press the real answer out of Chaser. Maybe it was his family making sure he had clean drawers to start the new semester.

Chaser made a sound that could only be described as replicating the squeal of an excited girl as he took Linnux's arm between his thumb and forefinger, squeezing any kind of muscle he could feel with mock support. "She would've," Chaser agreed, putting his hand back into his pocket. He still wasn't sure why Maggie had chosen to attend New Zealand instead of Scotland, especially since he was here and it would have been nice to have her company around and befriend Tempo, but instead she was on the other side of world to him. Chaser smirked at the boys excuse. Chaser had once tried to fly from the greenhouses in his first year, before he'd even tried out his first broom. The muggle born thought it was easy as stepping off the surface with the correct intentions but his broken arm had said otherwise. He swallowed a little when Linnux pressed the issue, "Look they're just from a friend I met. And she knows Maggie." he began, realising if he could convince his friend he was friends with Aminia for his sisters sake it would save him the hassle of adding that he quite liked her himself, and the younger Hufflepuff was actually barely warming to the Ravenclaw. "No one said it's a bad thing to keep in contact with those at other schools, and besides she thinks my banana museum is great idea." he finished, raising his eyebrows at Lin.

Linnux couldn't contain his chuckles when Chase had decided to fawn over his scrawny arms. At least someone would humor his machismo. The teen grinned continually, not having forgotten Chaser breaking his arm. He was fairly certain that was how they'd became friends. There was so much history behind them at this point - having shared a dorm for five years - that it was hard to tell when they'd gotten close but he didn't mind having a good friend - it got him away from all his sisters. "Ah, So it is a girl." Said the boy. He was a teenager, of course he was going to tease Chaser. "If it's not such a big deal why don't you talk about her more?" He asked, glancing finally into his friends hood and scourgifying the liquid out of it. "There." He said. "So she in Maggie's year or something? Needed a big brother figure?" He inquired, plopping down into a nearby seat. "Must be young or crazy to like the banana museum. After all I rather think a museum of many fruits would be eaten before it was shown as an exhibit."

Chaser rolled his eyes as soon as the words left his friends mouth. This is why he hadn't told him yet. It was so much that he minded the embarrassment, that's what friends were for, but he was at least trying to put it off for as long as possible. It wasn't normal for the Gryffindor to go into too many emotional details, period. He was much better at just pushing those away and replacing them with humour and it had worked for the last few years whenever something serious had popped up in his life. Even when he'd said goodbye to his sister he'd managed to turn it into a game so he didn't have to deal with the sadness he found unexpectedly creeping up on him. "Yes, it's a girl," Chaser reiterated, knowing that it really wasn't a big deal but expecting nothing less from Lin. "She's not in Maggie's year." Chaser started, casually refusing to look his friend in the eye as he spoke quietly. He didn't want to say anything that was going to make Aminia recognisable and he certainly didn't want the news spread round the school. "She er, she's a Ravenclaw in New Zealand. She's, older than me," Chaser regret his choice of words as soon as he said them. It made him sound like he'd been the one to find an older sibling figure and was bracing for impact for Lin's response. "We met over the summer and we got on well man," Chaser said, obviously agitated that he was revealing so much information. "And yeah she knows Maggie and they, talk, or something." Honestly he wasn't really sure what the girls did, only that Maggie hadn't really trusted her on her first meeting. "You underestimate the banana. I'm sure many people would love to see its evolution from its purest red formation," Chaser added, trying to keep his cheeks under control from turning the same colour.

Linnux watched his friend, quirking an eyebrow farther into his hairline. The bangs that fell limply into his face nearly covered then. Why was he so up in arms about it. An older girl wanted to be his friend shouldn't he have been bragging. Especially if this banana obsessed girl wanted to date Chaser. Though that was a long shot. Not that he didn't think his friend was nice, he just imagined that Chaser had the emotional capacity of an anthill. "Ravenclaw, means she's a brainy girl. Tempo is a claw after all. Brainier than I am." He laughed knocking on his own skull gently. "Like a mentor? That's sweet actually. Think I could meet her this break?" He asked throwing in a wink, wondering if maybe she was as batty as Chaser and that's why they got on. Perhaps she was pretty as well and Chaser was just too silly to chomp at the bit.

Chaser rolled his eyes at Linnux's comment. They both knew better than either of them cared to admit that they tried to act as though they knew what they were doing, but truth be told as long as Chaser at least was enjoying himself then he'd consider his life to be a success. He wasn't entirely sire whether Aminia felt that way though, between her dancing and trying not to disappoint her family she certainly had more ambitions than he ever would. "Mate, I don't trust you with my slippers, let alone a new friend." He joked, wondering if he ever was going to get his fluffy foot friends back. Chaser didn't really know where they stood and the last thing he needed was for his dorm mate to be hanging around. It was going to be hard enough keeping an eye on Maggie. Once his hood had been cleaned of toast and honey, he flipped up his hood to cover his hair. "You'lll be damn lucky if you ever get to meet her,' he added, not because it was unlikely but because he would do his best not to let him show him up in front of her. "You managed to catch anyone's eye yet?" He asked, unaware that Linnux may not have been thinking that's what had happened in Chaser and Aminias situation.

Linnux faked a look of hurt to his friend, and placed a hand over his heart leaning back slightly. "I'm wounded." He spoke with false shock. "Listen I told you it wasn't me who took the slippers. Someone framed me by leaving the ear of the slipper-kitten head under my bed." he spoke with a look in his eye that said he was even convinced of his story. In truth he had been doing his best to remember where Chaser had left his wand for a prank, and when he'd put on the slippers his own cat saw them and attacked them, shredding them. He hadn't had the heart to tell Chaser the slippers were dead. However the next to statments caught Linnux's eyes. Chaser had ratted himself out. "You already caught her eye yeah? That's why you're asking? Chaser already getting a little love." He raised his hand for a high five, the dorkiest expression on his face.

It could have said it a thousand times, Chaser was never going to believe any variation of excuse that his best friend gave him for the loss of one of his favourite pieces of bedroom clothing. Hed mourned them for days when he saw the ear, placing it in its own little chest in memory. Chaser had a grin on his face but it quickly disappeared as he realised what had said. Lin knew he was interested in her more than just a friend, and the Gryffindors face froze in time with his body, not quite sure that he'd managed to let it slip. He blinked a few times, the grin still on his face but obviously more surprised than it had been initially, and before Chaser thought to say anymkre, he knew thst his letters in the dorm room were in danger. He'd managed to keep them tucked away in his bed side cabinet but if Lin had spotted him coming and going from the owlery then he was screwed. His body jumped into action, and the fifth year raced across the floor of the lounge, vaulting over a table that was partially occupied by a student studying for their exams, before landing on both feet on the floor and sprinting towards the door of the lounge. There was no way Linnux was reading those letters.

There was silence now, something Linnux rarely heard from his fellow Gryffindor. He wondered briefly if his revelation had broken Chaser, and as he was about to wave his hand in front of his face he realized that was not the case. his friend took off, with Linnux trailing behind him. He was going to the letters, the brunette could feel it in his veins. Grinning and panting he chased after his companion, only slowing to grab his wand. He cast a charm that missed entirely, and instead decided athletics was the way to go. He pushed hard and as they came to the portrait, door open as Chaser rain in, he sprinted past him and up to the dorms, fishing for the letters that were left out. One was opened in his hand and he grinned, reading it out loud considering the others who were dorm mates with them were out doing whatever it was they did. In his best female voice he started the minute Chaser caught up. "Chaser. I cannot wait to see you in December. I am so dreadfully bored at the castle, and selfishly wish you were here so I had someone interesting to talk to." Linnux laughed. "oh man she does dig you." He said with a grin.

No sooner than had Chaser taken off, he could hear the footsteps close behind him as he raced his friend back to their dormatories. Chaser didn't know whether he'd locked the drawers that morning and it was highly likely that if Lin got hold of the letter he's find out the truth. His hands grabbed at the clothing of the Gryffindor as he passed him, the material sliding through his fingers not allowing him any purchase. Upon reaching their dormatory he realised Lin was already beginning to read out some of the parchment that Aminia had sent him, "No!" Chaser lept across his bed, using it as a spring board for his attack on Linnux, jumping into his side and sending them both crashing to the floor, his hand flailing around as he tried to reach for the letter he's been send. After a few moments of scrabbling he managed to pry it from his dorm mates hand, pulling himself off without offering the a** a helping hand. He straightened himself out a little, smoothing the paper before folding it back up nearly, his red face as bright as ever although he told himself it was because of the run. He was about to make some remark about how it wasn't what he was thinking, but as he pondered his next words carefully only one seemed to escape from him mouth, glancing between Lin and the floor with a threatening smile "Really?"

Linnux was just starting on the second line, something about dances most likely the ball, before he was taken down by a grade A tackle. He felt like a regular rugby player, his breath leaving him for a second before he regained it and wrestled for the letter, trying to get a better look at the rest of it. Finally Chaser tugged the paper away, and not wanting it to rip Linnux released it. He wasn't going to destroy Chaser's property on purpose. A crooked grin on his face, the boy stood, dusting himself off and straightening his outfit. "Merlin, you should play sports." He remarked with a laugh. Then he nodded. "I mean yeah, just look at that next line talking about not going to the dance. It's because the person she wants to go with isn't there. Or she's uglier than sin. Either way she's so bored without you? Come on she's got the hots for you." He raised his hand for a high five, hoping that the girl wasn't ugly. After all his friend deserved the best right? The best of the crazies for Chaser.

Sometimes Chaser felt as though his bones were made of rubber, especially after the greenhouse incident. He was much more springy and that only seemed to be getting more obvious the older he got. Perhaps he should have been a gymnast. He hated sports though, or at least the social aspect that came along with it. Chaser wouldn't have minded playing a game if there was no one watching him or acting as though the world was dependent on how many balls were scored. He listened tentatively as Lin explained why he thought Aminia liked him, and continuing to grin like an idiot he let him ramble on as much as he wanted to about how great he thought she believed him to be. Chaser waved his wand towards the door of their dormitory and watched it close before he turned back to his friend, not wanting anyone else to overhear if this is what they were going to talk about. "Yeah mate, she's like, really really pretty," he said in a low voice, embarrassment taking over as he peered at the floor, the smile never leaving his face. He reluctantly slapped his buddy's hand, feeling as though it was a dumb move but honestly he did feel great about the whole situation too. When he picked up the notebook he could have found anyone, but he'd managed to find Aminia instead somehow. He wondered if she was still going to go to the Yule Ball with the friend of hers with which she had complications, but the more he thought about what she was doing, the more bogged down he seemed to become. "I'm just waiting to see what happens. No stress," Chaser shrugged, before looking back up to Lin, "You're still not meeting her in December though." he finished. He'd be travelling to see Maggie at Christmas too, and he looked forward to seeing them both in New Zealand.

Linnux watched his friend and shook his head. "Just because you got a girl making googly eyes st you doesn't m an you get to skip out on Yule Ball with me this year. I'm not going alone!" He spoke with a subtle chuckle, reciprocating the high five. "You got a picture of her?" He inquired, wanting to know if she was as pretty as Chaser said. "Pretty is pretty, not like she's a Veela." He joked before moving onto the next subject. "Why don't I get to meet her? You trusted me to meet your sister but not some weird New Zealand girl?" He asked, almost truly shocked.

If Chaser was being completely honest, he had a few pictures of Aminia tucked away with the letters, but knowing the more that he exposed of her identity, the more trouble it could cost her later. "Nah, just a couple of these," he lied, referring to the letters in his hand. Chaser smirked when he mentioned Veela, recalling how it felt to be put under the spell, although it was surreal he could definitely feel its effects, but hoped that the Ravenclaw wouldn't feel the need to use it on him too much in the future. "Because dude, you're taller than me and feet stink." There was no way he was letting his best friend anywhere near Aminia, and while he'd been fine with him hanging out with Maggie, it was hardly the same thing. "And yes alright. Yule ball it is. Not my fault I lost my pants last year.." he trailed off, reminding himself he still needed to purchase a new pair that were suitable if he was going to be attending properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back