Firstie Meetup

Although she wanted to support her friend, in truth Alice's plan had made Emily a little nervous, not knowing exactly what kinds of people they would be sharing their year with. She wanted to make friends, but there was no way to be sure how nice their classmates would be. As people began to pour into the room though, Emily quickly realised that she had had no reason to worry. Everyone seemed so nice and friendly! Emily mostly listened at first, trying to get a scope of the kinds of people around them, though she raised a hand in greeting when one of the girls she recognised from her dorm entered the group. "Hi Honey!" She said happily, mostly contented to listen to the other girl's conversation with Alice for the moment.

Alice had no idea organizing an event like this could be difficult. It had been easy enough to set it up, but keeping track of things while also enjoying herself turned out to be hard. She lost sight of who all was here as she talked to Honey, happy to make a new friend. "I have seen him in classes, actually! I'm not sure if he'll come to this." She gestured around to indicate the meeting. "I hope he joins, but he seemed pretty grumpy. I don't know if he would want to meet so many people at once." She shrugged slightly, giving the door one more glance before moving on. "That must be hard, to be separated from your sister." Alice said sympathetically. It was hard to imagine being at a different school than her own sisters, at least for her. Alice grinned as Honey complimented her name. "Thank you!" she glanced at Emily as she greeted Honey as well. "Oh, you two must be roommates! What is Gryffindor like?"

Giggling, Paisley watched Abian struggle to swallow his food fast enough. She did not intend to laugh, but his eagerness to answer elicited a short giggle. To communicate that, Paisley mimicked him. She proceeded to lick the icing, then took a large bite. "Yum," she grumbled, causing crumbs to fall from her mouth.

Paisley finished chewing her cupcake, as Ava and Abian chatted. She nodded to indicate she was listening in between bites. She paused to properly introduce herself. Quickly, Paisley learned that neither of them had magical parents. She shrugged her shoulders in response to Ava's reluctant explanation. "Me neither," she simply responded. Having tried chocolate frogs among other magical candies already, she half-expected the frog to leap from its package. "The first time I opened a chocolate frog, it leaped down my Aunt's blouse!"

Elio was about to greet his dorm mate when he felt the full weight of the Ravenclaw on his back, who had seemed to propel herself into a piggy back ride. Unsuspecting and assuming she would have let go, his legs buckled under the sudden weight difference, although he managed to steady himself and not fall over. Instead he lent forward, trying to distribute it and stop her from choking him. "Oh my god, Ava!" He didn't mind so much as it had caught him off guard, and now in this position he wasn't really sure what he was meant to do. "What is this? Am I your personal chauffeur or something now?" he asked jokingly, reaching out for something to steady himself. He was a climber and so his arms were quite strong. His legs however, were not.

Ava giggled, letting go and sliding off. She ruffled his hair, a bright smile on her face. "Maybe another time," she teased playfully, turning to look at the boy who joined him. "Hi!" She greeted happily. "I'm Avaria."

Audra giggled then laughed uncontrollably as she thought about a chocolate frog jumping into someone's shirt. "That must have been hilarious!" It felt good to Audra to have such a genuine laugh, she hadn't had any funny conversations since coming to Hogwarts, though she didn't realize it until just that moment. Everything had been very serious up until this point.

Her laugh turned into a giant smile which eventually faded to a slight grin. She sighed nervously, realizing that perhaps it wasn't as funny as she originally thought. She reached for one of the cookies on her plate and took a big bite. Audra composed herself while Abian and Paisley continued to chat then introduced a new topic for conversation, "Do you guys like Hogwarts so far? I'm still getting used to it obviously but I can really see it being home!"

Abian was interested to learn that one of the girls he was talking to at the snack table also hadn't known about magic before Hogwarts. He looked at her and smiled, opening his mouth to say something, but then the frog hopped out and startled him. He automatically took a small step back, staring at the chocolate animal. "Wow, that does seem pretty real." He said, watching it go until he couldn't see where it went. He looked at Audra. "You're the first person I met who is also new to magic." He admitted, though he quickly got distracted by the other girl who had introduced herself as Paisley. Her story made him laugh, though he was glad the frog they had tried had been less eager to jump into anyone's clothes. He nodded at Audra's new question, turning his attention to her. "It's strange, but I like it so far. I'm not so sure about most of the lessons, but I love how much space there is to explore outside." He said with a grin. "Why do you guys reckon the forest is forbidden? It seems strange to me." Abian had never been someone that followed the rules strictly, and he was really curious about that place. Though there were plenty of other places to explore first. "What do you guys like to do? I like skateboarding. I brought my board with me." He said, hoping a little that maybe one of the girls was also interested in that, though he knew the odds were small at a magical school. They probabl had something like flying carpets to amuse themselves with.

Paisley began to grin before joining the others in laughter. Audra's laughter fueled Paisley to continue. "She began to shake like, like this!" She added, as she impersonated her aunt, shaking her arms frantically.

There was a sudden change of tone. Paisley shrugged in response, as she tried to find the words to articulate her impression of Hogwarts thus far. "It's okay, I guess," she concluded, "Class is boring, but I like living in a castle." Paisley wasn't ready to call Hogwarts home yet. She didn't want to be 'that' First Year---however, on the occasion that she thought about her family, her eyes would water.

Paisley shook her head, her eyes cast to the floor. She refocused in time to catch the end of Abian's question. "Filming," she answered, almost instantaneously.

Uno had heard about the Meet Up, and she was unsure whether she was going to go or not. It was a good way to meet people, though she had already made a good friend in Phineas. He wasn't planning on going, but Uno was in the area anyway, so she thought she'd pop in, and see what was happening. Uno stopped in the doorway as she entered, the whole area looking like a 5 year old's dream. She folded her arms, her eyebrow raised as she watched one of the girl's try piggy-back, and other weird things. There wasn't a single Slytherin there, nor anyone she knew. No, this was not her scene. "Well this was..." Uno trailed off, trying to think of something positive to say. She couldn't even bring herself to be sarcastic, or polite. "No, this was - not - this sucks." She turned and walked out, this time looking for Shark Boy, knowing he'd be relieved that he didn't waste his time at the pillow party.

The brunette had heard of a first year meeting, but she figured she wat a bit late to the party. Isabelle had been reading all night and she woke up with her book. It was something she had to laugh about, and she figured someone else would do too. Her roommates were all long gone she figured. But Isabelle wanted to meet new people so she decided to pay a visit. When she entered the student lounge she saw a lot of students there. She smiled as she entered and spoke to the first person she saw. '' Hi! Sorry I'm late. But I overslept. Can I still join?'' the brunette asked with a sweet smile. It seemed like a lot of fun so she was curious to meet the people of her year. She noticed two girls that shared a bedroom with her and smiled for a moment. Though she was curious to the others houses too and especially Gryffindor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back