Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Elliot)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Alice was quite proud of her idea, and glad she had roped her sisters into helping her set it up and carry it out. This event had been inspired by the house meeting at the start of the year, as well as stories from her sisters. While it was nice to meet other Hufflepuffs, Alice knew she would be in classes with everyone else in the first year as well. So to her, it made sense to have a meeting for everyone in this year as well. She had put up posters around the school and asked her friend Emily to help her too. She really hoped a lot of kids would show up, so that they could all be friends. She watched in amazement as her older sisters used magic to decorate the room. With blankets strung up and pillows covering every surface, it looked like a giant blanket fort just like she had imagined, she couldn't wait until she could also levitate things and make them zoom around the room. Turning to Emily, she grinned. "Do you think we need anything else?" She asked, placing a few bowls of snacks on a nearby table. "I think we're nearly ready." Which was good, the students could come in at any time now. Alice had no doubt they would show up.

Although Emily had been a little sad not to wind up in the same house as her friend, hearing Alice's plan to help their new classmates get to know each other made it pretty clear that Alice belonged in Hufflepuff. Although Alice had told her about them, Emily hadn't quite been prepared for the quantity of sisters that Alice had to help. Emily had recruited Charlie too, hoping she would make friends with Alice's sisters. Emily knew Charlie had trouble meeting new people, and always wanted to help her big sister. She was distracted, though, watching Charlie actually use magic. Emily knew Charlie had been at school for ages, knew that she already knew some spells, but actually getting to see her put them into practice was a whole new level. Emily wondered how long it would be before she could do such cool things. Shaken from her distraction by Alice's question, Emily looked around and shook her head. "I think this is perfect!" She said excitedly. Emily was used to making friends in new families, and she hoped her new Hogwarts family wouldn't be any different.

Somehow, this entire event didn't surprise Phoebe. Of course Alice would try her best to unite her entire year of classmates the moment she stepped into the school. The girl had always been the peacemaker between the sisters as well. It also wasn't very surprising that she had managed to make a friend already, one she had talked into helping with all this. Phoebe put up a few more blankets with some flicks of her wand, wishing she knew some more impressive spells. "You know, some decorative transfiguration spells really wouldn't be amiss in the curriculum. I'd love to transfigure a few things for the decorations, but the only spell I can think of off the top of my head is the one that turns a teapot into a tortoise." She glanced at the nearby girl. The older sister of Alice's friend. "You don't happen to have a teapot, do you?" She asked with a smirk. Somehow, she hadn't really talked to this girl before. She was in the year below her, which explained a lot, but she did seem interesting. Just a bit quiet.

Although Charlie had been excited to have her younger sister at Hogwarts with her, she had known exactly what would happen before Emily had even set foot on the train. Emily already had friends, she was already doing activities, making plans. Charlie didn't really know how her little sister had made it through life without impulses to protect herself. At least they were together again now, and Charlie could watch over Emily properly. And helping her and her friend set up... whatever this blanket mess was seemed a good way to size up the kind of people Emily was already trusting. The first year seemed... fine, chirpy, and though the youngest of the older girls gave Charlie an uneasy vibe the other two seemed fine. She would just have to hope Emily stayed away from that Slytherin sister of her friend's. She was a little distracted when one of the older girls spoke to her unexpectedly and Charlie looked up at her, laughing quickly as she realised the girl was joking. "Don't usually carry one on me." She commented, stepping back once her work was done and looking over at the Ravenclaw girl. She seemed... nice. Charlie's eyes lingered a moment too long before she looked back at Emily, returning her attention to her sister quickly. "Right, you guys have fun."

Alice was pleased by the progress the older girls had been making together, though Diana really hadn't helped much and Rose had inexplicably left a small pile of scarves on one of the tables , presumably free to take by the kids that would show up. Still, Alice was grateful for their help and hugged her sisters in turn. "Okay, okay! You should go now cause you'll probably scare off some of the first years." She told them, nodding to them before ushering them out. "Thank you for helping!" She added happily, glad to see them leave quickly so this event could begin. With a bright smile, she turned to Emily. "I wonder who will show up first!"

OOCOut of Character:
The event is now totally open! Have fun meeting your classmates!

Elio was already delighted that he'd gotten a chance to meet students from his own house, but that hadn't stopped him wanting to get to know the others that he would be having classes with too. After hearing there would be an event in the student lounge, Elio had paid a small visit to the kitchens on his way, something he'd found early on thst he was quite good at sneaking into. When he did eventually turn up, his arms were laden with various treats he'd manage to scavenge. For all he knew it wouldn't be needed but if that was the case he would just add it to the ever growing pile of stock hidden away in his bedroom. "Missing the event wasn't what I was going for," he said aloud, noting there was barely anyone here. Had he really taken so long that everyone had already left?

Emily thanked Charlie as she was leaving, stepping back to admire their handiwork. The fort looked perfect, and she couldn't wait to be able to make things as cool as this with magic. She was still looking over the fort when the first arrival approached, and she was pleased to see that the boy had brought even more snacks. "Oh hey!" She said excitedly. His comment confused Emily a little though, and she shook her head. "You must have gotten the times wrong, but it's okay! You're early, we only just finished setting up.. I'm Emily, and this is Alice."

"Perfect!" Elio grinned as he opened his arms, letting the snacks tumble out and scatter across an empty table, some already finding their way to the floor. He turned to the pair, putting out a hand for a high five, much less informal than all this shaking nonsense. "Elio, at your service." He added, giving them a small curtsey before pointing at the girl who'd spoken. "I recognise you. You're in Gryfffindor too right?" He was quite certain he'd seen her at the house meeting although he'd not spoken to her yet. "Congratulations on making the best house," he grinned. He wasn't really sure what made one better than another, but anything with him in it obviously made it better. "What about you Alice? You live now in what patch of land?" He asked, leaning back to perch on the table with his arms crossed over his chest.

Alice looked up with an excited smile on her face as the first arrival appeared. It was a boy she recognized from a few of her classes, and she was happy to see him bring food even though it wasn't really necessary. “Hi! Your timing is perfect actually!” She said brightly, nodding at Emily as she introduced them. “I’m glad you made it, thanks for bringing more snacks!” She giggled as she gave him a high five. “Awesome to meet you, Elio. How’s Gryffindor?” Alice was always curious to hear about the other houses, even thoughts he had heard quite a bit from her sisters already. Alice smiled at him as he asked her what house she was in. “Hufflepuff.” She said, already feeling proud of her house. “Which actually is the best house.” She added playfully, sticking out her tongue at them both in turn. “But maybe Gryffindor can be second.” She conceded.

Honey had barely remembered that there was a first year meet up in the student lounge. Coming from the first floor corridor, she eagerly rushed up not wanting to be late. Having met a handful of other Gryffindor's, Honey was excited to scope out the rest of her class - properly this time. Unsure of whether or not they'd be the only ones in the student lounge, Honey (a little out of breath) poked her head through the door, and gave a warm closed smile before swinging the door open. Walking towards the other students, Honey could overhear them already talking about which house was best. Personally, the American girl could care less, but nevertheless she was determined to meet some new people. Plopping her book bag down, while introducing herself, "Hey! I'm Honey... Gryffindor," she finished smiling with a brief wave. Honey somewhat recognized one or two, but not enough to know and remember their names.

When Dymphna had stumbled across a flyer advertising the first-year meetup, she'd made a dozen notes of the time and scattered them everywhere she thought she might be leading up to it. It was a good thing she had done, too, because she completely forgot about it until she opened her suitcase and saw the note attached to her favourite jumper. Bouncing up, she ran straight to the student lounge, letting out a a squeal of delight as she found the place absolutely covered in blankets and pillows. It was like an enormous fort! Dymphna wasted no time jumping into a particularly squishy pile of cushions, burying herself underneath them and staying perfectly still and quiet for several minutes. Then, when somebody was about to tread on her foot, she sprung out, whacking the poor person around the head with a pillow.

Tagging: Chrysander Kaster

Word travels fast, especially in the Gryffindor dormitories. Despite passing the flyer en route to class, Paisley overheard a group of upperclassmen discussing the meet-and-greet in passing. Unsure if she would make an appearance or not, she 'pocketed' the event for further consideration. An hour dedicated to ice-breakers and small talk? It wasn't until that very afternoon, seeing her dormmates get ready, that Paisley decided to stop in. If she didn't like it, she could grab a snack and leave.

Paisley came with a small group of Gryffindor girls. She soon veered off to raid the snack table.​

Ava had been both nervous and excited when she'd spotted the poster, but she had made sure to remember it. She bounced into the room, happy to have the chance to make new friends, when she spotted one she'd made already.

She skipped over quickly, climbing up onto a nearby couch to give her height and throwing her arms around the boy's neck from behind. "Zephyr!" She cooed happily, grinning at the girls he had been talking to. "Hi!" she greeted everyone with sparkling blue eyes. "I'm Avaria Lockwood, but you can all call me Ava," She chattered cheerily, already enjoying herself.

Elio was glad he'd taken another trip to the kitchens when Alice seemed pleased he'd brought more. It wasn't like it was especially needed, but who knew how long they'd be here for? He grinned when she teased him about Hufflepuff, apparently there would be a little competitive spirit in the school. As long as everyone got along with each other though he was happy enough. Their houses were only for a few years anyway and if he had friends to graduate with then he'd consider his time here successful. "I dunno it's good I guess," it wasn't as though he had anything to compare it to without seeing the others. As far as he could see the only difference was the colour of their school uniform. "Red is good," he added, sticking up both thumbs in approval.

Elio's brown eyes peered around the room as he recognised a couple more lions join the crowd, giving them a friendly wave as some of them approached. He was about to question how long one of the girls had been hiding amongst a pile of pillows when he felt arms around his shoulders. Slightly startled, it took him a second to recognise the voice, but once he realised who it was he grinned and took a few steps forward to drag her halfway off the chair. "Avy!" Never one to shy away from a chance to prank a friend, he wondered how she'd get out this situation of half clambering and half leaning on him.

Ava's eyes went a bit wide as Zephyr took a few steps forward. Her mind worked quickly, though, and with a bright grin, she pushed herself off the couch and hopped up onto his back. "Yay! Piggyback ride!" She giggled, wrapping her legs around his waist so she didn't choke him with her arms. "How sweet of you to offer!" She teased her friend, glad her beanie was keeping her hair in place. It was always fun when she could improvise, and she had a feeling Zephyr might prove a challenge to her playful ways and quick thinking.

Alice felt pleased as punch when people started filing in, slowly filling up her giant blanket fort. A girl introduced herself as Honey, and Alice waved at her. "Hi Honey! Lots of Gryffindors here!" She said happily. "I guess you all like a party." From what she knew about Gryffindor, that sounded right. She spotted a Hufflepuff girl from her dormitory, briefly, but soon lost sight of the girl. She grinned as she saw Ava, though she was surprised to see her throw her hug Elio from behind. It seemed like the two knew each other. "Hi Ava, feel free to get some snacks!" She said, turning away from the two to look at the other students entering the student lounge. She turned her attention to Honey again, figuring that Avaria and Elio were going to spend some time together now. That was good in her eyes, but she felt responsible to make others feel at home too. "Where are you from, Honey?" She asked, curious. "I like your name."

Caspian saw the flyer for the firstie meet up and thought it would be a great chance to meet some people. He liked his roommates but he wanted to meet as many people as he could in his first few weeks of school so he eagerly made his way to the event at the scheduled time...maybe a few minutes later. Once he arrived he headed straight for the snack table and pilled a bunch of cupcakes into his arms before he scanned the area and found his roommate Elio who he decided to approach. "Dude, how great is this?!" He said stuffing his face full of cupcakes.

Honey was glad that the student lounge was filling up. She always worried that events that involved planning would bust, but this seemed to be going decently well so far. A few of the students that Honey recognized from classes either went to the fort or to the snack table without saying a word to anyone else, which the American found quite odd - but she didn't mind. Focusing back on the dark haired girl in front of her Honey giggled saying, "I guess there are! A few Hufflepuffs as well though," trying to keep the mood light Honey hadn't particularly noticed the amount of Gryffindors or the fact that they appeared more social, "I guess... we'll find out someway if all Gryffindors like to party," thinking back to the other Gryffindors she had met, they did seem more extroverted in general. People watching for a brief second, Honey's focus returned to her acquaintance, "Oh thank you!! I'm from San Francisco, in California," realizing she didn't specify her country Honey hoped the other girl knew approximately where California was. Realizing she didn't know the other girl's name Honey's cheeks started to flush, "I'm so sorry! I don't think I caught your name!" she added cheerfully hoping to befriend the Hufflepuff.

Alice kept an eye on the door, happy to see others join. But she quickly focused on Honey again. "That's true! I hope there's some people coming from every house. I met a boy on the train who ended up in Slytherin, but I don't really know anyone else there." She said, looking around. "That's kind of what gave me the idea. We have the house meetings, but not really anything to make us meet people from other houses as easily." She listened with interest as Honey told her where she was from. "That's so far away!" She said, delighted. Alice had heard many people from different countries attended Hogwarts here, but it was still very interesting to meet people from other countries. When Honey told her she didn't catch her name, Alice realized she had forgotten to introduce herself. "Oops, sorry! I'm Alice. It's nice to meet you!"

Abian had seen the posters for a meetup around, and decided to attend. It could never hurt to meet some more people, especially if he was going to be in classes with them for the next few years. Finding the student lounge had been the hardest part, but he was glad to see he had the right place when he saw how many first years were wandering around and talking to each other. Abian grinned at a few people, though most seemed to be in conversation already. He decided to head over to the snack table, grabbing a cupcake and taking a big bite. He wondered if anyone else here came from the regular world like him.

No one had to tell her twice---or once. She planned to help herself. Paisley used the snack table as a distraction. Paisley began to stack sugar cookies of every color on her plate. They were favorite! With her back to the room, and nose deep in her plate, she did not have to watch the scene behind her. Paisley didn't get it: how did girls her age make friends so easily?

A couple of students grabbed a snack from the table, but none of them struck up a conversation. Paisley thought of leaving. Was coming to the meet-and-greet a bad idea? Then a Hufflepuff approached the table. He lingered longer than the others, and Paisley wanted to make at least one friend. She reached for a cupcake after Abian. "I like to eat the icing first," she shared.​
Tagging: Abian Hunter

Audra arrived a little late to the party for meeting first years; she had been waiting for something like this but got lost on the way down from the Ravenclaw common room. When she got there, she immediately noticed a table full of snacks and lots of students in different colored robes. As she headed straight for the snack table, she saw Ava hoping onto a Gryffindor's back. She waved hello to her roommate but didn't approach them.

There was a small crowd around the cupcakes so Audra started with the other end of the table, picking up a few of her favorite items as she made her way around. As she reached the crowd, she tried politely butting in, "Hi" she laughed nervously, "I see you're just as excited about the snack table as I am!" She spoke towards a Gryffindor girl but then glanced around at the others near the table.

Audra had never had a hard time making friends at school in her normal life, she became increasingly frustrated as she tried at Hogwarts. Maybe it's weird if you don't come from a magical family, Audra nearly felt defeated but she never was one to give up easily.

Abian was just chewing on the big bite he had taken when a girl started speaking to him. He quickly tried to chew faster so he could swallow it and reply to her. Maybe a little too fast. Coughing, he turned away from her, struggling with it for a moment before finally taking a deep breath. "Uh, cool." he said as he looked back at the girl with a sheepish smile. "I just kind of eat all the parts together." He said, shrugging. "As you... probably saw." He was glad when another girl appeared. Perhaps she would take the attention away from his embarrassing moment. "Hey." He said to her, giving her a smile too. "Snack tables are the best. Though some of these things I don't recognize." He gestured to a package that read 'chocolate frog'. "That's not a real frog in there, is it? I would think not, but with magic I'm quickly realizing you never know." It was still new to him, and he didn't mind revealing that. "I'm Abian, by the way." He said to them both.

</COLOR></FONT>
<FONT font="times new roman"><COLOR color="black">Honey smiled at Alice as she spoke, Honey had mostly kept to herself while travelling and even throughout her first bit of time at Hogwarts. Having spent pockets of time either at the lake or enjoying the sunshine of the first floor corridor she realized that she had been somewhat antisocial. Listening about the mysterious Slytherin boy Honey was intrigued, "And you haven't seem him since? Not even in classes?" it seemed unlikely to the curly haired girl that you wouldn't see someone again, not even in classes since she had each class with a different class. Giggling at Alice's reaction Honey gave a shrug, "I guess it is! My older sister go to Ilvermorny, so I definitely had to travel more than them now that I think about it!" pausing, Honey wasn't sure if she should assume the other girl's nationality based off her accent, but Alice had already moved on. "Alice... I like that! I think it suits you!"

Audra followed the boy's gaze to see the group of chocolate frog boxes laying on the table, she had skimmed over them since she didn't immediately recognize it to be something from the muggle world. "Um.. Truthfully, I wouldn't know. My parents aren't like me. I mean, they aren't magic. Just me. We didn't know until I got the letter. You know? To Hogwarts?" Her words came out a little jumbled and awkward so she quickly changed the subject back to the chocolate frog, "Why don't we try it out!" She said gleefully as she set down her treats and reached for a chocolate frog box.

As she opened it, a brown frog hopped and Audra jumped in surprise with it. Naturally, her clumsiness caused her to drop the box, the frog falling to the ground with it. Her eyes wide and face frozen, she watched it hop to the edge of the room where another first year picked it up off the ground.

"Well it seems kind of real to me," Audra finally stated looking back up at their small group of people standing in a circle. Abian introduced himself and Audra repeated his name twice to herself so she wouldn't forget it. She then nodded her head with a smile and said her own name, "I'm Audra! Pleased to meet you both."

She picked up her plate of sweets and took a large bite from a cookie. She often felt she needed to be doing something with her hands to feel a little less awkward. Audra began to relax a bit as they dove into conversations between the three of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back