First Impressions

Alois cannot help but to smile when Adrie said that she wasn't in any way, feeling sleepy. He actually knew that she was not telling the truth, but this time around, he decided not to point that out, for actually, he was happy with her choice. "Is that so? But if you are, then you can sleep using my shoulder as your pillow, that is, if you wouldn't mind sleeping out here." He said, adjusting his position to make it more comfortable for him as well as her. He didn't want to return to his room too, for once he did, the moment that they were currently sharing would surely stop, and well, his roommates wouldn't particularly be happy once he had awoken them because of entering the room at such hour of the night.

"Even so Adrie, I'd like to hear you sing one day, and play the piano too... can you do that for me?" He inquired. Alois was the type of person who really likes to hear someone sing for him, be it a person who has a good voice or not, it just makes him feel, loved. when he was young, his mom would always sing him some lullaby to help him sleep when he can't, he, on the other hand, do it often with his cousin too, though he's sure that his voice was not nearly as good as his mom.

OOCOut of Character:
151th post.. haha :r

Gwenneth-Adrie smiled when he said she could keep using him as a pillow. She shifted herself so her head was just resting on him so she wouldn't squeeze him with her apparently almost to heavy body. "Won't...we get caught?" She asked him looking up towards his face though all she could see was chin. Her mother had always taught her to look at a person when you spoke to them but never could her mother tell her what to do in this position, and Gwen was filled with sorrow as she breathed out.

Gwen laughed quietly and shook her head buring it in his clothes. She just then realized they were still in their uniforms from the day, and Gwen had left her cloak in her room. It was bound to get colder as the night went on, they would have to leave at some point she figured. "I think I'm tone-deaf. I'm a concert piantist not a pop singer," she told him pulling her legs alittle closer.

"We will, probably. . . but we can think about that later, I'll figure out a way to get us out of trouble by then." Alois said with a laugh as he pat Adrie's head using his free hand. Adrie had a point indeed that if they would continue being there at that position, one of the prefects or the professors would most likely see them, and of course, it will lead to a detention to the both of them, unless, he will manage to sweet-talk their way to justify why they were out in that hour. "But if we did get caught, and we'll be given a detention, guess it would be fun, at least I'll not go into a detention alone."

Alois had noticed sorrow in Adrie's voice, but he can’t put a finger to the reason of that sorrow. "Is there something that's bothering you?' He asked, looking down so as to look straight into her eyes. Alois then smiled as Adrie started to laugh about something that he himself didn’t know, nevertheless, her laughter had caused him to laugh as well. "I don't mind if your tone-deaf Ad, I'm not gonna mock you about that, I just want to hear you sing."

Gwen just nodded her head, but not everyone could be suduced by the veela charm, after all she hadn't been since one broke her heart. "I'm fine, just tired. But you don't want to hear me sing, I've been banned at going caroling," she told him with a laugh. Her mind went over the numerous Piano songs she could play in a heartbeat from the constant drilling she had recieved over her childhood before her grandmother had gotton sick.

Gwen ran out of lines to trace and instead of retracing them she just stopped moving her hand. "Move over into that alcove, we can stay behind the freaky statue," she said her hand lifting as she noticed the little crevis in the wall a few feet away. Almost on cew distant footsteps rounded into the corridor they were in. That was when Gwen jumped up having a sudden source of energy and pulled up Alois with her pulling him to the alcove. It wasn't large but then again it was small, they could easily sit behind the statue in stay hidden and she was glad.

Alois just brushed Adrie's statement off, really, even though she had said that he wouldn't want to hear her sing, it's actually the otherwise. Be her voice be good or not, it's fine actually. "Believe me Ad, I would really love to hear you sing, and in return, you can ask me anything that you would want me to do." He said, making a deal, thinking that she would agree if he had offered that thing, but what he had not thought about was that, she might ask for something that he wouldn't be able to give or do at all.

Alois laughed as Adrie pulled him towards the alcove, the place which she had just pointed to earlier.She was right, no one would be able to notice them there, well, except if there's someone who had decided to do the same thing that they were doing right now. "It looks like we are on a stealth mission Adrie.." He commented as he leaned at the back of the statue, "Scratch that, it didn't look like we were on a mission, we look like prisoners who had just broken out of jail.."

Gwen shook her head at his statement but she didn't have a rebuttle for him. She was too busy being sleepy for another arguement over wiether or not she would sing. Instead she tried planning the ways his cousin and her could pull pranks on him next year, that would be a sort of pay back. Her voice wasn't acutally as bad as she tried to make it sound, but she just wasn't a singer.

Gwen giggled slightly at his comments but hushed him as the footsteps grew louder. She stood opposite him with a smile on her face, she already missed the warmth of his hug and how she had been just about to fall asleep. But she did save their butts with her idea. "But we really are, the dorms are jail and the halls are freedom," she whisphered back to him. Gwen had to stifle her laughter as whoever it was passed them in the hallway.

Alois smirked as Adrie had hushed him when they heard some footsteps coming out to their direction, honestly though, his heart had skipped a bit. After all, when he had heard those footsteps getting louder, he had had thought that they will get caught, which is bad for the two of them, seeing that they will not only get a detention, but rather, they will also be forced to return to their rooms once again.

When he saw that Adrie was having a hard time from stopping herself from laughing, Alois placed a hand to cover her mouth, while the other was making a zipping action in front of his. "There's someone there." He whispered, making a be quiet motion with his hand as he took a peek to whoever it was that was passing them in the hallway.

Gwen shook her head as he placed his hand over her mouth. It wasn't the most welcomed gesture but atleast he didn't have mud all over his hands. When he peered over to see who it was she grabbed his shirt to make sure he wouldn't fall over and give away their position. "Gone?" She asked when she moved his hand from her mouth, in a low quiet voice barely above silence.

Gwenneth had never been in detention before and never does she wanted to be, but there wasn't something thrilling about breaking the rules and getting out. Of course getting away with it would be a different story if they got caught. The whole thing would be even worse because they were hiding and most likely would be asleep on each other. She covered her mouth as silent laughter came out at the thought of them looking like little puppies all crowding over each other, trying to be the warmest but not squashed.

"Gone.." Alois said as he nodded in confirmation to Adrie's statement, they were alone once again, and safe from detention for sure. He then have to smirk as he noticed how she had tried to support him and prevent him from falling over by grabbing a part of his shirt. "Adrie, that's not going to help, if I happen to slip and fall, you're going to as well.." He said with a laugh as he gestured to her hand.

He then had had to raise an eyebrow when she laughed as well, he didn't quite get why she had done that after all. "Care to share what's funny Ad?" He said, proceeding to a cross-legged position with his back still leaning on the back of the statue. Seeing as how late it really was and how the both of them having no real intention to return to their dorm, they are most likely to be asleep then and there, not that he mind it actually, the statue that was blocking and hiding them was actually making a fine job to at least make them feel a little warmer despite the cold temperature.

Gwen smiled glad that whoever it was, whatever teacher or prefect was gone. She let go off his shirt embarassed though if he had fallen she would've felt better if she atleast tried to help him. Sinking down across from him she put her feet up onto the statue next to him.

Looking at him she bit her lip shaking her head. "Not particulary," she said to him with another laugh. It was a really funny thought but wanted to see if it was going to end up being true first. Suddenly she felt more exhausted then she had before, the energy she had when she heard the footsteps was gone and she was just wanted to go the bed. Instead of getting up and leaving though she swung herself around and planted her head back on Alois' shoulder.

Alois had pretended to frown when he had had heard what it was that Adrie had just said, it seems like she wouldn't tell him what was making her laugh after all, and he minded in actually. "Then you must be going crazy Ad, laughing for no particular reason at all.." He said with a smirk, wondering whether she would share what she was thinking if he had decided to tease her once again.

Feeling Adrie's head on his shoulder once again, Alois cannot help but to smile once more, it's just so comfortable to have her next to him. "Miss my shoulder that much Ad?" He commented, laughing lightly at the silliness of his own statement. His eyes were feeling heavy already, yet, his mind was telling him not to sleep at all, he would still want to treasure this moment, and if he did sleep, who knows what would happen tomorrow, right? "You can sleep now if you want, we won't get caught I guess.." He said, if Adrie cannot stay awake anymore, then it's fine too, he'll just watch over her until she wakes up and greet her with a smile in the morning, he can probably stay fine even without a wink of sleep after all, he would often do that when he's cramming for exams or when he's thinking about something after all.

Gwen smiled and shook her head at his statement, she always looked crazy when she laughed, because it was loud and crazy. "You'll be the fool for not laughing too," she told him as she made herself comfortable against him once again. Looking at him when he started in German again she smiled. The language just fell off his tounage so easily for someone who wasn't a complete native born.

"Of course Alois," she said with smile though the sudden flash of Jack came over her and she wondered what it'd be like to be here with him. He'd probably just take her to his room instead of staying out here all night. "You can go to sleep if you want," she answered back knowing she'd feel bad if he stayed up all night because of her and still did the run, he'd be asleep in all the classes he didn't have with her.

"That's not what it looks like Ad, cause you're the one here who had laughed for unknown reason after all. " Alois said, laughing once again as she had once again made herself comfortable against him. Of course, he didn't mind it at all, at least having her close had had made him comfortable too, and it had had happened to reduce the supposedly cold temperature inside the castle. Smiling then, he put his hand around her shoulder as he hummed a small tune, the way that he did when he was tucking his cousin to sleep.

Alois shook his head when Adrie had said that he should asleep too, no, he didn't want that. "I don't want to sleep yet, I will do that once you are if you like." He said knowing that if he had had said that he wouldn't sleep at all, she would just worry and she wouldn't be able to sleep too. "And beside, you'll be there to wake me up once I fall asleep in our class anyways." He added with a laugh, knowing that he would probably get a glare or something for saying that, he needed to be responsible with his studies too after all.

Gwen smiled at him but didn't answer her, honestly she couldn't even remember what she laughed about it had already passed from her mind. As he put his arm around her she realized how wrong this could look to anyone else. But anyone else didn't understand where her and Alois' relationship stood, he wanted to be best friends with her they trusted each other. She wrapped her arm around his front the other held onto the opposite shoulder as she moved more onto him like he was a couch.

Gwen smiled at him slightly. "You do want to sleep and I want you to do go to sleep now," she said her voice slowly getting quieter. She turned her head down and stared at the wall, she could hear his heart beat and his body shook under her when he laughed. "If you don't sleep it'll be your own fault," she told him her hand on her shoulder connected with his and she didn't feel like moving it. Instead her other hand took his free hand and traced a few lines.

Alois stiffened a bit when Adrie wrapped her arms around him, it was probably because he was just too surprised with what she did, yet, he had relaxed then eventually, he knew that their position might be rather awkward for others to see, and that the others might actually think that there was really something going on between them, but he does knew too that Adrie doesn't really feel that way with him, she thinks that he's just her best friend, nothing else, after all, she had Jack already. "I wonder what he'll think.." He muttered as he rested his head on top of hers which is pretty much easy to do seeing that he was taller than her.

Alois then turned his head when Adrie said something about him sleeping, "I will sleep then, after you." He remarked, his voice firm to say that he meant what he had just said. "I know that it will really be my fault, but honestly Adrie, you should sleep first, I won't go anywhere after all, once you are asleep already, I promise, I will too.." Alois then added, stopping her hand from tracing lines in his own hand once again, he wondered what's so amusing with it so he had decided to do the same, this time, it was him who was tracing lines on her free hand. "What will I do to make you sleep? You have to rest, we have to run tomorrow, remember?"

Gwen felt him stiffen under her and stay relaxed moving off of him slightly, but the cold was already setting in, they would be glad to have each other once it got late and early morning. With one arm wrapped around herself and one around him she sighed feeling sleep coming sooner then when she wanted it to. Hearing him mumbled something she found it much easier to hear what he said now that her head was much closer to his mouth. Him, obviously meant Jack but Gwenhadn't planned on telling Jack about this, they were just friends as Alois wanted so there wasn't anything big about.

Gwen buried her head in his jacket as he refused to go to bed. She was glad that the school was so in the north that the uniforms came with heavy cloaks with fur she only wished she hadn't left her own in her dorm. "You have to keep up with me, I run on nothing all the time. It's easy for me, you I'm sure you'll be falling over and end up just stopping before we even get half way down with what I normally run when I have a cold," she told him her voice lower and quieter then normal. Gwenneth-Adrie watched as Alois started to trace the lines on her hand, a small smile on her face as she watched his hand move around and around. Now that he focus wasn't on doing something she really began to fall asleep her eyelids getting heavy.

Alois smiled as he saw that Adrie was drifting to a deep slumber already, which was actually fine with him, seeing that she was just as relaxed as he is. Looking down at her, he wondered whether she'll be able to hear anything that he would say, because if she will, then it's better to just stay quiet right? With his free hand, he had fixed Adrie's hair to prevent it from falling to her face, and now that he had actually look closer to her, she was really beautiful, no doubt why part-veelas had actually fallen for her, and in his case, he didn't whether he had to, just like Jack, and her past boyfriend. Shaking those thoughts away, he patted Adrie's head once again and whispered softly behind her ear, "Good night Ad, sleep well."

Now that he was the only one who was awake, he had had noticed how quiet it had been and how cold it was, probably. Seeing that Adrie wasn't really wearing her heavy fur cloak, he had had pulled her closer to his side, not just to give himself warmth, but to give her warmth as well. He, after all, didn't exactly now whether she was that used to such cold weather. Leaning his head back on the back of the statue, he had tried to make himself asleep, but can't. There's just so much that he needed to think about. "I wish you'll stay Ad.." He muttered once again, sighing to himself as he knew that she probably wasn't even hearing what it was that he was saying at the moment. "Just stay with me."

Something tickled Gwen as her mind was shutting itself down, though she was completly awak her eyelids were to heavy to lift and she realized Alois was just moving her back and she wished she had a band to hold her hair back it would be all knotty if she moved around alot while she slept. Though she couldn't see that happening as Alois pulled her closer.

At that point Gwen couldn't disquinish if she was dreaming or not but she did hear Alois talking but not what he was saying she only caught onto his french as she drifted off to sleep. A smile was on her face then completely comfortable against Alois as she slept, her mind taking her away to distant worlds in her dreams, ones that she'd never remember.

When Adrie didn't even bothered to move when he had said something, nor when he had moved her hair back, Alois knew instantly that she was indeed perfectly asleep, which was fine with him, though, he was feeling a bit lonely now, not as much as before, for this time, he had Adrie at his side. Looking at the ground, he wondered how everything would change once Adrie had really started going out with Jack. Probably, they wouldn't be able to see each other that much again, he probably won't be able to stay as close to her as he was now, that would just be wrong in too many ways.

Smiling wistfully to himself, Alois wondered what would actually happen once him and Jack had met, he's not the violent type of a person, so perhaps, nothing interesting would probably happen, except that he won't be the usual cheerful him. He can't even imagine what it would be like once he saw Jack and Adrie together, he would surely felt deserted and alone then, not literally of course as Adrie said that they'll stay best friends, it would just be that... he knew that she wouldn't be able to spent her time with him. "I'm too selfish.." He said, knowing that thinking about such thing would be unfair for Adrie, he, after all, had to respect her choice. Smirking to himself as he realized how he had been for quite sometime now, Alois realized that he had been talking to himself too much, he might have looked really weird then. "Now, I'm talking to myself."

Gwen sighed in her sleep a voice was bringing her back from sleep but she couldn't understand what it was saying. Breathing in deep she opened her eyes and blinked a few times taking time to register where she was. Suddenly she remembered she was was on Alois and sat up quickly though her head was dizzy from the sudden drop of blood. "Oh!" She exclaimed holding her head still as she took in her surroundings. Alois was the first thing she noticed and he looked awful, obviously he hadn't done what he said he would. "You're awake?" She questioned her eyebrows bunching together. Her trust of him felt betrayed but then she didn't even know how long she had been asleep and she might have waken him up thinking she had heard his voice.

Alois was surprised when Adrie had stirred from her slumber and had woken up, honestly, the look on her face when she did that was actually funny. Seems like she had actually forgotten that she wasn't in her dorm seeing as it took her some time to fully register her surrounding. "Good morning Ad." He said, patting her on the head as he did so, he greeted her, just like he promised that he would.

Noticing how her eyebrows had furrowed together, Alois knew that she must have been annoyed, he, after all, hadn't really kept his promise that he'll sleep, he can't help it though. He was thinking the whole night, and that hadn't help to make him feel sleepy at all. "Yes?" He said with a bit of innocence and doubt in his voice as he tilted his head, fixing his own hair now. "Don't worry about it thought, I'm perfectly fine." He then added, assuring her that she has nothing to worry about even though he hadn't got any wink of sleep.

Gwen just nodded to him he indeed did sound tired but not completely off his rocker. She had pulled all nighters before and she always noticed once the sun rose the tiredness went away. She sighed looking over him as he tired to play innocent. But she just rolled her eyes at him streching her arms back.

Gwen narrowed her eyes at him and untangled herself from him and stood up. Glancing out into the hallway she came back around the statue and took his hands pulling him off the ground. "You have five minutes to go back to your dorm and get dressed to run," she told him walking back out into the hall and towards the enterance to the dorms.

Alois smirked once more when Adrie rolled her eyes, really, she wouldn't stop that at all, but now, he didn't really mind it as much as he does before, he's getting used to it already. And actually, though he didn't really sleep at all, he wasn't feeling really tired, seeing as once again, he'd be able to spend time with Adrie, and he's sure that they'll be able to have fun too.

Letting himself be pulled by her, he had stood up, straightening the creases in his clothes and scanning the area where they were in, luckily, no one had seemed to see them there, not that anyone was awake now. "Five minutes? Seriously?" He asked incredulously, wondering how he could possibly prepare himself at that short span of time, not that he was extremely vain about how he look, but really, five minutes? "Adrie, can you dress up within five minutes?" He then asked with a smirk, remembering his mother who would actually took an hour or so when preparing herself even for just a normal day.

Gwen glance back at Alois as she moved towards the dorm rooms. A smirk was playing across her face dispite her having just woken up. "I'm not dressing up, Alois. It's dressing down. Shorts or Sweats and sports bra maybe a shirt if it's terribly cold, I'll check outside my room's window to decided. Thinking about I think I'll be done in three," she said before she turned around.

Gwen jogged down the door not wanting to take to long. She'd only need a half hour after the run to shower and dress, it never took herself long. Once in her room she took a minute to sit and think about what had happened the day before. Looking around she found the clothes she needed for the run and quickly assembled herself but slowly walked back down the hall to the enterance of the dormhall.

Alois frowned a little when he saw Adrie moved ahead of him, surely, if he only had five minutes to actually change his attires, then he ought to have moved as well. Adrie had said that she could finish in just three minutes, but actually, he doubt that, after all, who would be able to do such thing, unless, her dorm was actually nearer than his. That's when a thought had struck his mind, his dorm, after all, was situated in the next upper floor of the castle. Running, he tried to think of the clothes that he should wear then.

Entering his dorm, he had noticed how everyone was still asleep, lucky for him then. He wouldn't have any disturbance while he was changing, no one will actually try to talk to him. He had walked into his closet and pulled out a running pants as well as a running shorts, thinking about what he should wear, and deciding to wear the former, the weather's cold, so it's more appropriate to wear that. He had then pulled out a half-zipped shirt too and proceeded to change. Really lucky that he had just took about four minutes and changing, and he had spare time to be able to get back to her. Getting out of the room though was not as easy as getting in, for some of his dorm-mates were awake now. He had had to at least make up an excuse and fortunately, it worked. running down once again, he had had spotted Adrie down the entrance of the dormhall. "So you seriously meant that you'll be done in just three eh?" He commented, seeing how fully dresses she was though she had been there ahead of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back