First Impressions

Gwen glanced over and noticed Alois had come back down, he looked like he had already began the run. "Yes. And after the run it'll take me half an hour to shower and dress for the day," she told him. Gwen had never been one to be vain about her apperance, always sticking to the natural look. Her hair curled on its own, frizzing in the summer, and she never borther much with makeup. Being at school she only needed to pick out if she was going to wear pants or a skirt for the day. She looked over at him fully and notced they both had opted for the sweatpants however Gwen ran hard and decided not to go with a shirt, it'd just get all sweaty and gross, so she was just wearing her running shoes sweat pants rolled up to the knees and her sports bra. With her hands on her hips she waited for a sign from him that he was ready to go.

Alois had had to smile when he heard what Adrie had said, really, it was like he was the girl here, he can't possibly be able to prepare himself in that short span of time. Well, it's not that he was vain about his appearance, he was just like that, or maybe it was because he's not that organized with his things that when he was done taking a shower, he would still have to look for his clothes, or probably, a part of his uniform. "Adrie, are you sure that you are a girl?" He said incredulously, a playful smirk appearing on his face. Of course he was just kidding, but he wondered how she will react to it all. Taking a deep breath, he had crossed his arms in front of his chest, indicating that he was now ready for their run. "Shall we go now?" He asked, wondering how long it will take for them to be able to finish this morning run that they were about to do.

Gwen narrowed her eyes at his question she didn't reply back to it instead she got into the position runners did before they took off and his second questioned propelled her to start a count down. "Three...Two...One, GO!" She yelled as she took off towards the main enterance of the school. Once outside she was hit with the shock of the cold weather but it didn't stop her. Gwen glanced behind her to see where Alois was ans slowed her pace so he could catch up to her, she had taken off pretty quickly. A smirk was playing across her face, glad to be outside and streching her muscles after the long night of being cramped in the alcove next to Alois. What happened last night wouldn't ever happen between them again if she could help it. No doubt she'd be staying nights in Jack's dorm after helping him work on his study habits. And him in return helping her study for her own exams. She could only hope Alois never spotted her there, it wasn't like they'd actually be doing anything, not with Jack's roommates there and not before marriage.

Alois was quite surprised when Adrie had just suddenly bolted running. Really, he didn't expect that at all, after all, he was just about to say something to her. Sighing to himself, he started running as well, first, slowly, then gradually becoming quicker. It's been ages since he had had a run after all, the last time was on the beach where he had met a friend who had challenge him, but luckily, at that time he won. The gust of cold wind was enough to sent him shivering, yet, he didn't mind it at all. He was supposed to have fun, and he'll do that. Trying to run faster, he had had managed to catch up with Adrie "You should have wait for me." He said with a frown, catching up with his breath now. He had to learn how to regulate his breathing, that way, he'll be able to manage to match Adrie's stamina when it comes to running. A smirk then formed into his face, at least, this run that they were having was wearing of the sleepiness in him.

Gwen smirked at him as he caught up to her, the pace was nice but she still wanted to let go and just run but she'd have to leave him behind again. She took a turn around the edge of the building running out to the fields. Glancing down at his legs she laughed. "You need to widen your stride! The farther one leg goes the farther you'll go in the same time," she said remembering how some people would comment on her running like she was leaping in the air like a gazelle. She let out a slow breath as they began to run up a hill. From there she knew they would be able to see the rest of the grounds but she didn't on letting him take a break to look, they were going to keep going. Afterall he was the one who decided not to sleep.

Alois glanced down at his legs when Adrie had advised him to actually widen his stride. She does have a point, his steps weren't that big, that's probably why he was just barely catching up with her. Stopping a little, he had tried to do as he was advised to do. And true enough, Adrie was right, its actually better that way, and it was now quite easier for him to run a longer distance. "I'm going to compliment you once again, you were indeed right Ad.." He said with a smile, this time, he finds running to be a lot easier than before. Running up the hill, Alois had had this urge to stop, there's just this perfect view of the school grounds there, but he knew that he cannot really take a break or anything, after all, they had to finish their run if they want to eat their breakfast and if they wanted to be early for their class.

Gwen smiled as he changed his stride and was doing a better job of staying with her but she always kept herself alittle ahead of him ready to break lose and go. She kept herself back with him however. She was afraid he might bring something up about last night, wether it be Jack or how nice it had been in that alcove after they had worked everything out. She realized then that running was the only time she ever had to be away from everything and everyone. Gwen wouldn't tell him but she knew she wouldn't ask him out to run with her again, or ask anyone else for that matter. "To tired to keep going yet?" She asked glancing over at him before jumping over a small bush that was in her path. Gwen enjoyed the jump it was like she was flying and it felt nice, she missed playing quidditch afterall.

"No. . . I'm just thinking how this running was making me feel lively once again. It was actually wearing my sleepiness off." Alois said with a shrug, trying to still catch up with her. However, it seemed like though he had tried, she was still faster, but it's amusing, really. Watching her run looks to him like she was really having fun, like, she was free from all her worries, and that was enough to make him feel fine too. "Do you do this everyday..by yourself?" Alois asked as he tried to jump over a small bush, he had barely made it, but nevertheless, he still did. Now that he realized it, he really have to catch up with his exercises, he can't possibly stay with this unhealthy habit that he's having.

Looking ahead of him, Alois cannot help but to have his mind drift to what had happened between them the other day. Their meeting had just been a regular one, she woke him up, he introduced himself, they started to get to know each other, yet, it seemed to him that that regular meeting was actually a special one, one that he'll probably treasure. Smiling to himself he remembered how they had run away from the bunch of girls that were following them, or how Adrie had hexed those girls. He was actually getting entertained by just thinking to himself when his thoughts drifted to the one when he was arguing with Adrie. He was really unhappy with that thought that he cannot help but to frown. "I need to stop thinking about that.." He muttered, more so to himself that to Adrie.

Gwen would've nodded to his statement but he wouldn't have picked up on that through both their running. "Oh, thats good then," she told him. She knew they would have to stop soon or he'd never make it through the day but she still had things she wanted to think about. "Why didn't you sleep?" She asked him not answering his other question, answering it would bring him into the picture of her running routine and she wanted to keep it to herself for now. Only Jack would know when she runs, because she figured he was more of the lazy work out in a room type of person anyways.

Gwen looked back at him wondering what he was mumbling about. "Stop thinking about what? How your cousin and I are going to play major pranks on you next year?" She asked with a laugh lightning up the question so neither of them would feel awkward if he didn't answer truthfully. Gwen had a feeling she knew what his answer was going to be but she didn't feel the need to pressure him into telling her the truth.

Alois had cast a glance towards Adrie's direction when she asked why he didn't sleep. Honestly, he cannot really find how he should put his reasons into words. If he said that there's no real reason to it, he doubt that she'll believe that, and if he did say the true reason, she'll probably ask more about it. Sighing, he decided to do the latter, he didn't want to lie to her after all. "I'm just thinking about a few things, and before i knew it, you were already awake." He answered as casually as he could, trying to make it sound like there's nothing wrong with him.

Alois had had to smirk when Adrie had reminded him about this deal that they had, actually, that would seem better, he didn't want to bring the topic about her and Jack once again, after all. "That's not really sure yet, right? I mean, you still have to do what I had asked you to do." He said laughing along with her. He wasn't sure whether Adrie would actually bring up the topic about what it is that he was really talking about, but if she did, then he'll have to say the truth.

Gwen glanced back at him as he explained why he had stayed awake. "What on earth could you have been thinking about for hours that made it so you didn't sleep?" She questioned him before dodging one of the few students up at the hour who was just standing and watching the sunrise. Gwen would've prefered not to see any on her run, besides Alois that is as he was running with her. She used it as he time to think which was what she was doing while listening to him.

"You haven't asked me anything to do yet, and I will once you ask me. But you don't have control over her you know. She'll be friends with whoever she wants to be, by the sounds of it she'll come in and start controlling who you talk too," she said with a laugh while jumping a small fence. She always had enjoyed getting out of the library in the summer and running with the muggle track students who were training. They didn't talk or ask questions, it was always a nice thing to just go do.

Alois had had to stop from running when just like what he had feared, Adrie had questioned what it was that he was thinking that had possibly deprived him of his sleep, really, he can't quite tell her what his answer was. "Well, I'm just thinking about how would things would differently if I did something.. and I'm just contemplating about past events.." He said, as honestly as he could, most of it was true though, well, except for the fact that he didn't really told her what had really kept him from being awake.

"I told you the other night didn't I? I asked you to always stay true to yourself and to not run away again, but the thing is, you haven't agreed to that yet." He said, smirking as he once again, started to run, following Adrie's tracks as he did so. They were running for quite some time now, and soon, they would have to stop, they have morning classes to attend to after all, and they had to eat their breakfast and fix themselves too, and knowing himself, unlike Adrie, he surely takes his time when he prepares himself for the day ahead of him.

Gwen glanced back and slowed her running down and turned back facing him wondering why he had stopped. Has he explained she felt like he was keeping something from him and her normal response would've been to just ignore it and move on but this time she didn't. "You're not saying everything, I thought we were suppose to trust each other now," she said to him her eyebrows furrowed in a questioning gaze. Gwen felt bad that he felt like he couldn't tell her everything.

What he wanted dawned on her has he repeated what he had asked her to do. "Oh I thought that was just apart of out agreements. Or now things are all jumbled in my head, I don't remember. Didn't I agree? I thought I had," she said as they ran up one final hill and made it to a different enterance to the castle, it was actually closer to the dorms then the main. She slowed her run again and walked to the door opening it, glancing back to make sure Alois had completely made it. His beginning pace had slowed their run down and she was slightly disappointed that she didn't get to everything she wanted to.

Alois knew that Adrie had a point, they had agreed to trust each other, and he had said that he'll tell her everything that concerns her, yet, he can't bring himself too. But now that she had actually reminded him of that, he knew that he had no other choice but to tell her. "Actually Ad, I was really thinking last night about everything that had happened between us, and what could possibly happen as well.. that's all, really. I'm just thinking about how things could have changed if we had met first..." He said, now telling her the whole truth, he was hoping though that she will take it as that. That was, after all, the real reason why he had been awake the entire night.

"No, you didn't agree, you said that that was two things.. but now that you had said that, do you want me to make another request then?" He said, smirking now as he followed her to have a run to the last final hill in the area, they were about to stop their running now, though from what he could see, it was not probably the real distance that they were supposed to run. "Shall we eat?" He then asked her, throwing a spare towel in her direction for her to wipe off some sweat as he did so to his self.

Gwen stopped walking as he explained what he had been thinking about, it didn't make much sense to her. "What would've changed if we met first Alois?" Her head was tilted questioning him on what he meant. His thought process confused her, she couldn't see how what could have happened was something that kept him awake all night while she slept on him as a pillow. It actually gave her weird sensations, like chills, throughout her body.

"Right, and they are two things so you have to pick one or come up with a different one," she stated her mind remembering the words she told him last night even though she had been very tired. Her fingers were playing with the fabric of her sweats as he tossed a towel at her. Gwen was especially sweating, considering the weather was pretty chilly and she hadn't worn a shirt for the run. "Actually I usually go take a shower first and eat some breakfast in my room. Not only do I have Fanta stored up but my neighbor's famous bread is in storage, surrounded by a charm to keep everything fresh," she told him as she backed towards the dorms and him. She wasn't going to stop him from eating and he couldn't come up to the girls dorms either way though she could easy go to the guys, strange rules the school seemed to have.

Alois had had to laugh when he heard Adrie's question, it was just that, he had expected that one coming, added to that, her expression was pretty amusing too. "Actually, that's what I've been thinking last night, but until now, I can't find an answer..." He said truthfully, shrugging to himself. He actually doubts that he would ever find an answer to that question of his, after all, the future is not shown to someone who deserves no to.

"Stay true to yourself then, that's the only thing that I'll ask Ad.. cause, U can't tell you to run away now, cause I think that you're getting stronger, and I hope that running away would be the last resort of yours when you have problems.." He replied, walking ahead of her now, he was actually planning to go straight to the hall, but since she said that she had to take a shower first, he had had to stop. "I see, so you'll get going now?" He inquired, one hand at his pocket as he run a hand through his hair, fixing it once again, "You seemed to have loads of foods stored in your room Ad...really.."

Gwen wondered now what would have happened, Alois most likely still would only like her as a friend and when she met Jack she might have pushed that goodnight kiss from their first night alittle farther to forget her feelings about Alois. But she didn't want a fast relationship, they only ended in pain so she was glad that her and Alois hadn't met till after she met Jack. Though they did sit next to each other though at different desks all year so far.

"Alright fine. I'll stay true to whoever I am," she laughing turning to go down the hall towards the dorms. He had stopped so she did the same looking back at him. She nodded her head glancing away from him. "Yeah it looks like I'll be heading my own way. Enjoy breakfast," she said to him with a smile on her face. She watched as his one hand went up to his hair and the other into his pocket, she was easily falling for his veela charm again. Looking away she nodded her arms crossing her chest covering her bare stomach. "You know now that I think about it, it wasn't such a good idea to go out like this in the cold," she said rubbing her arms but a smile was still on her face. She didn't want to leave just yet but they had to go seperate ways at somepoint. But once they did their evening together would end and they'd never have the same time alone again.

Alois nodded in contentment when Adrie had finally agreed to his conditions, at least now, he was rest assured the he need not to worry about her, she looks like she was having fun now, he just hoped that that fun was not something that is short-lived, he hoped that well, she'll enjoy her life to the fullest and that Jack will not ever break her heart or make her cry in any other way. For if he did, Alois didn't know what he'll do. Even if he rarely gets angry or out of control, he can be downright threatening if he wanted to after all. "It's a promise then?" he said, holding out his pinky finger as a gesture to signify a promise, it was a usual thing that he would see others do, some sort of a pinky swear he guessed.

He was actually a bit saddened that they had to separate ways again, but no, that can't be helped, he cannot cling to her forever can he? She had her own life to live, and he had his own to. "Yes, enjoy your breakfast as well Ad." He said with a smirk, thinking of what it was that he should do for the rest of the day, surely, they still had some classes together, but he wasn't sure if he'll or more so, she'll have the time to talk to him. He then had to laugh when Adrie commented on how wrong they were for taking a run in such a cold whether, shaking his head in amusement, he crossed his arms in front of his chest too. "Well, at least we had fun, right?"

Gwen smiled at his question raising her right hand up she crossed her heart with her index finger. "Cross my heart, hope to die," she said before wrapping her pinky around the one he held up to her. A smile was on her face for he hadn't a clue what he just got himself into, many pranks would be played on him next year, if she had anything to say about it.

Nodding her head she came alittle closer to him, they already seemed to far apart for her likely and they hadn't left each other's company yet. Even after spending more then twelve hours together, she sill didn't want the night to end, though it already had. Her mind was made up though and she needed to find Jack. Of course he may find her, either way she was going to say yes to him. Gwen shrugged her shoulders at his statement, running with him kept her mind off of thinking, which she normally did while running. Reaching out she wrapped her arms around his shoulders for a goodbye hug.

Alois smiled when Adrie did the same thing that he did, now they had a promise, and he hoped that she won't break it. He trusted her, and honestly, she's an important part of his life, he didn't want her to be hurt though they had just met the other day. That's probably something that could be considered as a good thing or bad thing about him, he easily gets attached to people, and it's hard for him to let go.

He had to smile once more when he felt her arms around his shoulder, the same way that she did the other night, but this time, he knew that the hug meant to be a parting gesture, and as disappointed as he was, he returned it back."Take care now, alright?" He said as he pulled herself away from her, he didn't want to make a wrong impression, especially if Jack was around, he didn't want him to misunderstand, after all, Alois knew that Adrie was going to be with Jack now, and he didn't want to be a foil to their relationship. Bringing his hand up and placing it on her head once more, he cannot help but to chuckle a bit, "So, see you around?" He inquired, smiling as he messed with her hair slightly before letting his hand drop to his side.

Gwen smiled as Alois hugged her back, she couldn't remember if they had even really hugged like this the day before. They were hugging, basically, when she fell asleep, but it was a proper hug standing. She felt him pull away so she leaned back but didn't let go just then. She was glad of the weather being so cold neither smelled very bad.

"Of course, and you as well," she answered back to him. She heard the saying many times from her father, whenever she left the house and he was there. He would stand at the door watching her go down the walk to the road before turning and going back to his buisness. "Oh, when did you want your other fanta?" She asked knowing she had told him he wasn't going to get another but she liked him enough to share her fanta fortune with him either way. She shook her hair to make it go back in place but a smile was on her face as she waited for his answer.

Alois knew that soon enough, he would be left there standing and watching Adrie set out on her own way, he knew that the days to follow would be different from the one that they had shared the other day, he knew that once he let go, he'll never be able to have her back again. At that, he had this thought to not let her go, but then, he knew that it would be too selfish of him, Adrie needed to be happy, she deserves to be.

"I will, don't worry." He replied, smiling at the girl, of course, he'll have to take care of himself, or else, he knew that he'd just burden others if he did the otherwise. Alois then had had to laugh when she brought back the topic about Fanta, of course, the one that she had given him the other night was already finished while he was watching her sleep, and of course, he would still want another one then. "As soon as possible?" He said, smirking at her now, that would be another excuse for them to meet then, of course, that is if she did say that she'll give him one.

Gwen smiled back at Alois, her arms still resting on his shoulders from their hug. She knew she had to give him up at somepoint, but it was hard. "Well, if you came to the dorms with me, I could bring it down to you if you were to wait," she told him about the Fanta. She wasn't sure when they would see each other again once they went seperate ways. They did share a class that afternoon, but that never meant much. People could be in the same class and not have the time to talk or exchange muggle drinks. "That would be the soonest I'd be able to give it to you," she said with a laugh. Gwenneth pulled her arms back letting them fall against her side, her mind letting her heart know it was time to let the night slip away. Jack, was there for her, she just needed to find him first to take him up on his offer. That way she'd love someone who she knew loved her back, as more then just a friend; which was how she believed Alois felt about her.

As Adrie's arms left his shoulder, Alois cannot help but to have some sort of disappointment within him, whether it was because she'd be leaving now, or whether it's because he still wanted to hold her close, he's not sure. The feeling of her close to him still lingers on his thoughts, and no matter how inappropriate it sounds, he didn't want it to end.

Alois nodded his head as an answer when Adrie offered to give him some fanta if he did decided to come along with him in the dorms,of course, he wouldn't be able to enter theirs, nevertheless, he'd still go, if that means that he'll be able to extend their time together, the fanta would be just a bonus then. "Are you going to look for him now?" He inquired, not fully realizing the words that he had just said, he had made this resolution the other night to not talk about the said guy in front of her, it would just cause him pain, yet, he cannot just stop himself from doing so, there's just too much curiosity and questions that was needed to be answer.

Gwenneth-Adrie smiled at her friend as he nodded to go back to the dorms instead of heaing off for breakfast. She took ahold of his wrist, not wanting to stir her mix feelings for him anymore. She began to walk down the hall pulling him along but she had to drop his arm when he asked about Jack. She knew it had to be about Jack by the tone he used, and how he could possibly be th eonly boy they both would talk about between each other. "Why? Jealous, Ah-lois?" She asked him a joking smile on her face as she dragged out his name turning back towards him her hands catching his arms and pulling him along in her half circular pattern. Alois had already promised not to bother her about Jack, but they did have to face the future of that relationship, it couldn't just never be mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back