Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Curly 17 Inch Whippy Sycamore Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Kengi Smile had a mission since he last talked to Arvel. That mission was to find Analei. She made him very curious because of how she did not like Jacob, which he thought was weird. They were both Hufflepuffs, so she was not hard to track down. He ran up to the girl from behind and tapped her on the shoulder. "You're Analei, right? Arvel and I are roommates." he told her. Hufflepuff had recently lost the Quidditch game, so he was going to make sure not to bring that up.

Analei was on the way to the library, pausing for a moment to double check that she had the right book with her. School had only just started back, but she didn't see a problem with starting her studying early, or even just reading ahead on what they were going to be studying. Before she could find the book, Analei felt a tap on her shoulder. Looking around, Analei saw a familiar face. She nodded her head when he asked who she was. "Yes, you're...Kengi Smile right? We met in our First Year." It was also one of her first times meeting Jacob, which was something she would have preferred not happening.

Kengi gave the girl a soft smile and nodded as she knew his name already. He looked a the ceiling to think about how they met in their first year, but he sincerely did not remember. "My apologies. I don't really remember." he told her. He decided to get right to his point. "Arvel and I were talking, and he mentioned that you and Jacob don't get along? I was just curious as to why. That's all really." he told her. He was not one to hide his ulterior motives because outside of Jacob, he had no real interest in Analei.

Analei shrugged when Kengi said he didn't remember their meeting. She had hoped she was a more memorable person that someone would be happy to have met, but her Hogwarts experience didn't really seem to be proving that. Besides, not everyone had a good memory.
However, at Kengi's words, Analei blinked in surprise, taken aback. Of course, Arvel had been talking about her. It was really a secret that she didn't like Jacob, but it still stung that Kengi was only talking to her because he wanted to know about Jacob. Analei stood for a moment, unsure how to respond. "We just don't get along."

Kengi was disappointed with Analei's answer, but he did not expect anything else if he was being honest. He did not even remember her, so there was no common ground between the two. However, Kengi did not want to give up. Sure, he was sticking his nose in stuff that did not mean much to him, but at least it gave him something to do? "I can see that. He can be a bit of a jerk sometimes." he said smoothly. Of course, he did not mean this, but he wanted to know why she did not like Jacob, and he was willing to go to any length to do so. Hopefully, she had not seen him and Jacob at the Yule Ball last semester.

Analei tilted her head slightly when Kengi replied. Apart from when she was friends with Arvel - she hadn't met anyone else who understood how terrible Jacob was. Everyone thought the sun shined out where it shouldn't - and where it definitely didn't. She adjusted the bag on her shoulder, looking curiously at Kengi. "Yeah, although more like all the time. Did he do something to you? Is that why you're asking?"

Kengi was in sh*t now. He had to come up with something quick, or his cover was going to be completely blown, and that would be embarrassing for the Hufflepuff. "Well, he kind of led me on, and then I saw him with someone else. I was crushed." he told the girl, looking down at his feet as if he were genuinely sad. He hoped that this did not get around. It would completely jeopardize all the progress he had made with Jacob so far. "And I am just mad! Like, how could he do that?!" he asked more to himself than to Analei.

Analei's mouth dropped open at Kengi's confession, shaking her head in disbelief. That was such a typical thing for Kingsley to do, but Analei hated that he had done it. Analei moved forward and put a hand on the boy's shoulder in comfort. "I'm so sorry Kengi. He's honestly such a -" She struggled to find a fitting word for him. "I don't know why I'm surprised though. He only thinks of himself. It's not you Kengi, it's him." Analei said sincerely, hoping that the boy might take some comfort in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back