Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo had come to be pretty used to getting a yuleball date. It was an odder method for sure and he knew that people who knew he did this found it weird, but for Leonardo it worked, it was the exact method which helped him get dates to the yuleball and he knew that his grandfather was happier when he was doing things right and having a date was right. Leonardo had never been one to question it, question what his grandfather said and why he said it. There would be no winning when it came to his grandfather, not that Leo ever dared. So he was in the entrance hall, with his little card of the facts about himself and handing them out to passers by. He didn't need to struggle to find someone generally, it took a little bit but usually before lunch he'd have a date. Leonardo was optimistic that this wouldn't take too long either, but he knew eventually his biggest problem was that people would want to start going to these celebrations with people who were their actual date, that they were interested in. Hopefully for now that wouldn't be the case.

Niamh had enjoyed the halloween feast though she had been a little disappointed that Maisie had shown up. she liked spending time with Leo. he was her friend and the kind of person who was awkward around people always seeming like he was both trying to fit in and to not. but she liked him for it. she was just about to go into the great hall for lunch when she saw Leo handing out some sort of pamphlets. she made her way over to him wondering if he had lost something or was trying to get students to vote one way to another in the upcoming election though she realised too late that that couldn't be the case as he seemed to be targeting the middle year students not the older ones who would be the only ones who could vote. "Hello Leonardo. what are you doing? can I help at all?" she asked hoping a bit more time together would give her the chance to ask him what she had planned on asking him at the dance.

Leonardo had been handing out the cards for a little bit, when he handed one out to someone he knew. He gave a little smile to her, before it as quickly faded. He was always grateful for her friendship and kindness and felt a little warmed by the fact she was willing to help him out, but knowing what he was doing and that it perhaps wasn't the easiest thing to explain without making him seem odd, he hesitated and felt his cheeks redden slightly in a little embarrassment. "I'm having out cards, trying to get a date for the yuleball," Leonardo said not bothering to lie about anything. "I appreciate the offer for help, but it is not needed,"

Elvera crossed the entrance hall on her way to get lunch not even noticing the two third years talking.

sky looked at the piece of paper that Leo had given her reading the top line but no more. as he said what he was doing. apparently she wasn't yet too late. but knowing his luck at finding dates that way she would have been soon. she looked at him noticing that he seemed to be blushing. she smiled and handed the sheet back. "I would stop handing them out now if I was you" she said smiling the way that had her far saying she looked like a nisse. "I heard that someone was wanting to ask you to the ball" she whispered conspiratorially.

Nisse: elf in Scandinavian culture known for looking after and protecting houses. but also being mischievous

Leonardo took back the sheet, his gaze remaining firmly on the ground in front of him and not at her. He was a little confused at her words and glanced back up at her, not sure if that meant that the ball had been cancelled or something. The next sentence confused him further. "Oh....really?" he seemed fairly genuinely surprised at the thought that someone would want to ask him to ball, that someone would willing want his company to the ball without being him asking. "Who?"

Harmony saw the look of confusion cross Leo's face as she said that someone wanted to ask him to the ball. "Yes. and I heard it from a reliable source" she said. hoping that he wasn't thinking that this was some sick joke that she was unwittingly partaking to or even worse initiating. "Harmony." she said seriously. using her first name. the name she never used other than when it was required in official places like the yearbook. she was pretty sure Leo was the only person she had actually told her first name to, and most of her friends probably didn't even know that Niamh was her middle name and sky wasn't technically her name at all. "Harmony Niamh Eriksen" she said. before her she cracked and smiled as she offered out her hand as though conducting a business deal. "Leonardo Orr. would you go to the ball with me" she said.

Leonardo wasn't sure who Niamh could've heard it from, and her admission of who didn't exactly help him. He wasn't sure he knew a Harmony, at least he couldn't remember knowing one. The hufflepuff had been about to ask more questions about it, like who Harmony was, what did they look like, how much did they know him. But then Niamh said her name, and he was reminded that his confusion about her name was in part due to her going by a few and one of her names had been Harmony. It was her, and she did then confirm as much, asking him to the dance. He looked at her hand and then back at her face. it was true that the idea of going with someone he knew and got along with was nice, there would be no awkward introductions but he didn't want know whether it was a good idea to go with a friend. "Are you sure Harmony?" he asked, there was a ghost of a smile on his features, an excitement brewing beneath the surface but he didn't want her to ask for this and for him to ruin it and therefore also ruin their tentative (in his mind) friendship.

Harmony watched as the expression on Leonardo's face changed as he understood what she was saying. who was asking him. "Yes I am sure. I always have fun at halloween with you so why not the ball" she said. "I am asking to go as friends. not anything else" she clarified. thinking it worth making that specification so that he wasn't thinking she was king him on a date date. not after the disaster of the date she had had at valentines with Nolan that Molly was not going to let her live down, and the thoughts she had been having about some other people that were just confusing to her.

Leonardo nodded as she said she was sure and clarified that they were going as friends, to which Leonardo nodded again. he wouldn't have expected to go as anything more than friends really. All of his previous dates had been dates because he hadn't known them, but hadn't been the sort of date that was to lead to more. It was almost more favourable to him that he had a friend and was due to to have a fun night with them. He felt his shoulders relax and he nodded. Going with people he didn't know tended to be okay, not to hard, but it was true that it did end up meaning it was a very formal experience, perhaps this would manage to not be. "As friends would be really fun, I'd be happy for us to go together," he said, his voice was lighter and a step away from the usual formal and serious tone. "I guess, I'm done here...then," his tone had shifted back to more serious as he went to put the cards back in his pocket.

Sky smiled at the look on leo's face. he seemed so excited at the prospect of going to the ball with a friend. it made her wonder how many friends he had. She was a long way from what one would call popular like Molly or Gwen, she would much more likely be classed as odd for weird for her mannerisms, almost sing song accent, the fact she often had some form of instrument nearby and even when she didn't herfingers often twiched as though they wanted to be playing something. she didn't mind she liked being odd. and she had her people. Giulia, Renata, Molly, Leo and she didn't need to be popular to be happy she just needed to be herself. "I am glad. I think it will be fun too" she said feeling the world lighten a shade or two. "It looks like you are. i was just going for lunch if you wanted to join me" she said gesturing to the great hall. when she realised she still had leo's paper in her hands she handed it back to him. "What do you put on a umm" she paused trying to think of the right word in English though she couldn't think of the right word in Norwegian either. "Invitation card? to find someone to go to the dance with" she asked curious. she hoped he wasn't thinking she was making this a big joke where she would laugh at him afterwards. she was genuinely curious.

Leonardo nodded lightly in agreement and then she offered for him to go to lunch. Since he didn't have anything else to do anymore, it seemed as good a time as any to get lunch. He nodded and followed in behind Harmony as she walked into the hall. He wasn't too surprised that she was asking about the asking other people to the dance, he knew it was a more odd thing to do, so of course people would be curious about it. "I put my name, age, house and achievements, so quidditch player, EE average student," he said he took one out again and then have it in his hands if she wanted to check on it, and see what it said. "My grandfather says it's important to have a date to a ball, and I never wanted to just ask someone," he admitted, looking at the ground between them as they moved into the room.

Harmony was glad that leonardo was coming to have lunch with her. he was her friend but he often was so quiet and seriously studying she hardly got to see him. she nodded as he described what he put on the cards. "Yes. you did great at the last quidditch match." she said. tough it had been so short hardly anyone had had a chance to fly "an EE average is impressive. I usually just get P's" she added as they reached a couple of free seats and sat down.
she chuckled and shook her head as he said that his grandfather said that he needed a date to a ball. "of course you dont. you can go on your own or with friends. but friends are more fun than going on your own. but if you do you can meet people there. " she said. looking to see what options there were for her and selecting some pumpkin salad and a stuffed mushroom.

Leonardo blushed lightly at the compliment and then further at his compliment towards his grades. "You should tell my grandfather that," Leonardo said with the hint of a smile on his tone, that did not come into his expression. He thought EE was impressive too, but his grandfather disagreed, believing the only impressive grade was O and he'd never once got that. He knew that Harmony was smart and bright in other ways that her grades didn't reflect and as he sat down. "Grades don't make everything,"

Leonardo gave a little shrug at her point, she was right but he wasn't going to change anything. "I know," he replied glanced away from her and towards the food on the table. He didn't know what else to say, he knew and agreed with her that he could go on his own and did go on his own to other dances. he met up with people at halloween or the valentines day dance. "That's what I do for Valentines day....just for Yuleball, I make sure to have a date," it was the balance, he got a date for the ball and didn't get one for the feast or the party and his grandfather was happier for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back