Favorite Lines on HP book or movie

Kasey Carla said:
i am re-reading the 6th for the third time.
Okay now I feel bad. I've read the sixth book about 4 times but the 7th about 6 times. The fourth and fifth I've read a couple time and the first three I've read far too many times to count.

I've lost count of how many times I've read each book. I've just re-read HBP and am now reading Deathly Hallows again. I must say the book I struggle most to read is OOTP and haven't read that as many times as the others.

Oh and my quote for today:

"And what in the name of Merlin's most baggy Y-fronts was that about?"
~ Ron

"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."
goblet of fire

this is so true even in RL

I haven't read much of the book, only OOtP and the HBP, can't afford. :D
OOtP book was a good story but they didn't apply it all at the movie.

"Every great wizard in history has started out nothing more than what we are now. If they can do it, why not us?"
-Harry OOtP, DA meeting

save all your cents then!!
go on Amazon or ebay and get them for nothing!

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals". Sirius Black...GoF

"Harry...look at me"
-Snape HDH

"....the last laugh of Fred"
HDH
How can possibly George will survive w/o his twin

I haven't read the book but (spoilers) as they said the deaths at HDH was very sad (girls) most of them cried, most high votes was dobby the elf that made all of them cried.

I didn't cry. I felt sad, but I didn't cry. My mum bawled. =P.

The line Luna says about Dobby is a very 'ohmygod that's so sad!' moment. Luna is awesome.

i too didnt read HP 7, atleast i have got to know someone on the sit who hasent.Its 50$ here, unafodable and I am a student so ..not working, little piggy bank

Arnold Ababueva said:
"Harry...look at me"
-Snape HDH

HDH

I haven't read the book but (spoilers) as they said the deaths at HDH was very sad (girls) most of them cried, most high votes was dobby the elf that made all of them cried.
Dobby was a sad moment but I was really down when Tonks died, she had just had her baby and now it would grow up an Orphan, *get's emotional rethinking about* I miss Tonks :((

Also JK said George never really got over Fred's death, Ron helped him with the shop for a while, he married Angelina (Fred's date to the Yule Ball) and they had a son named Fred.

Brian Getathorn XIX said:
Arnold Ababueva said:
"Harry...look at me"
-Snape HDH

HDH

Dobby was a sad moment but I was really down when Tonks died, she had just had her baby and now it would grow up an Orphan, *get's emotional rethinking about* I miss Tonks :((

Also JK said George never really got over Fred's death, Ron helped him with the shop for a while, he married Angelina (Fred's date to the Yule Ball) and they had a son named Fred.
You're right, being an orphan is terrible.

That's why millions of teens worldwide would gladly trade their parents to be a fictionous orphan with glasses and a scar.

Kasey Carla said:
i too didnt read HP 7, atleast i have got to know someone on the sit who hasent.Its 50$ here, unafodable and I am a student so ..not working, little piggy bank
Yeah, I'm also a student, my parents said that they can't purchase the book for a while coz it's a big cost and school year here are starting so saving money to buy all the books, but I know somehow we can read HP 7 :D

Right, so Lupin and Tonks had died and their baby Teddy? Tedd? or whatever gonna grow up at the orphan and maybe (though) the baby will have the same fate as Harry.
Just read it somewhere. :D

Ivy Dalebreeze said:
Why is everyone such a big fan o' Snapey? Sure, Alan Rickman's pretty good, but he's not a deity of incredible power or something :p
Because when JKR described him in book seven, as a little kid, with an oversized jacket flapping the sleeves about... he just seemed so adorable :wub: like a little baby bat :3

Arnold Ababueva said:
Kasey Carla said:
Yeah, I'm also a student, my parents said that they can't purchase the book for a while coz it's a big cost and school year here are starting so saving money to buy all the books, but I know somehow we can read HP 7 :D

Right, so Lupin and Tonks had died and their baby Teddy? Tedd? or whatever gonna grow up at the orphan and maybe (though) the baby will have the same fate as Harry.
nope! JKR said that in the original they lived and Mr. Weasley died however she like Mr.Weasley too much and had wanted a character to become in Orphan at the end since that's how the books began, Teddy grew up being loved by his Grandmother and visiting his 'godfather' Harry so his life was definately different, also JKR did this in order to show that sadness that war brings upon children.

Brian Getathorn XIX said:
Arnold Ababueva said:
Kasey Carla said:

nope! JKR said that in the original they lived and Mr. Weasley died however she like Mr.Weasley too much and had wanted a character to become in Orphan at the end since that's how the books began, Teddy grew up being loved by his Grandmother and visiting his 'godfather' Harry so his life was definately different, also JKR did this in order to show that sadness that war brings upon children.
I really haven't read the book, so it's a bit confusing :D
It's just some rumors about it, and Harry Potter fans where like expecting a harry potter part two which it was Teddy's life :D
Just rumors. :)
They can't take the risk, HP will already end :lol:

Draco Malfoy
You'd better get going other wise the'll be wondering wear the chosen captin the boy who scored what ever they call you these days'

Ron & Harry
'"Well, i had one that i was playing quidditch the other night" said Ron. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that your going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something" said Harry'

Harry
'I like a quiet life, you know me'

I have many favourite quotes =]<i></i>

For those of you who can't afford the books you could always go to the library and get them out to read :D Just another suggestion for you.

Peeves sings:
"We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the One,
And Voldy's gone mouldy, so now lets have fun!"

Ron:
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?"

Jayne McKenzie said:
For those of you who can't afford the books you could always go to the library and get them out to read :D Just another suggestion for you.

Peeves sings:

Ron:
Oh yeah, I loved that. Peeves is awesome.

Athene Perthro said:
Jayne McKenzie said:
For those of you who can't afford the books you could always go to the library and get them out to read  :D  Just another suggestion for you.

Peeves sings:

Ron:
It depressed me SO much when they decided to not have Peeves in the movies T-T

Professor Nicolas King said:
Athene Perthro said:
Jayne McKenzie said:
For those of you who can't afford the books you could always go to the library and get them out to read  :D   Just another suggestion for you.

Peeves sings:

Ron:
Peeves would have added a certain degree of win to the movies.
They cut out a lot in the movies. Very annoying. *rages at movies*.

Violet Bellamy said:
Professor Nicolas King said:
Athene Perthro said:
Jayne McKenzie said:
For those of you who can't afford the books you could always go to the library and get them out to read  :D   Just another suggestion for you.

Peeves sings:

Ron:
Peeves would have added a certain degree of win to the movies.
They cut out a lot in the movies. Very annoying. *rages at movies*.
Yea, is just not the same without Peeves - he makes me laugh soooo much.......

Harrpy Potter is full of funny and unforgettable quotes. Mine are...

"Hello Harry, we thought we heard your dulcet tones." - Fred and George Weasley.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore.

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." - Dumbledore

"I don't care if my tea leaves spell, Die Ron, Die!, I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong!" - Ron Weasley

It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up. - JKR

The Song 'Weasley is our King' :D

From the movies...

"Are you mad?" - Ron, CoS.

"Spiders are telling me to tap-dance." - Ron, PoA

Back to the books...

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself." - Hermione, CoS

"Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..." -Fred and George

"Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?" inquired George, pulling a long and lethal-looking metal instrument from inside one of the Zonko's bags.
"Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this," said Fred.

"I can't see any boils," said Ron, staring at the twins.
"No, well, you wouldn't," said Fred, "they're not in a place we generally display to the public --"
"-- but they make sitting on a broom a right pain in the --"

"You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid - we know we're called Gred and Forge."

"What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"
"Oh no, Ron," came Fred's voice, very sarcastically. "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up."
"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here," said George, whose voice sounded muffled, as though he was squashed against the wall.

(Oh, I love the twins! :wub: :lol: )

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive. Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?" - Draco Malfoy

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
"Don't play," said Hermione at once.
"Say you're ill," said Ron.
"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.
"Really break your leg," said Ron.

"Accio brain!" - Ron, OoTP

"I...must...not...look...like...a...baboon's...backside." - Ron :lol:

"Could've been anything," said Ron. "Maybe he [Tom Riddle] got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a favor..." - Ron, CoS

"Don't cry, Ginny. We'll send you a Hogwarts toilet seat!" - Twins, PS

There's probably more...I could go on, really. But this post can't get any longer :p

Jolly Cooper said:
Harrpy Potter is full of funny and unforgettable quotes. Mine are...

"Hello Harry, we thought we heard your dulcet tones." - Fred and George Weasley.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore.

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." - Dumbledore

"I don't care if my tea leaves spell, Die Ron, Die!, I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong!" - Ron Weasley

It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up. - JKR

The Song 'Weasley is our King' :D

From the movies...

"Are you mad?" - Ron, CoS.

"Spiders are telling me to tap-dance." - Ron, PoA

Back to the books...

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself." - Hermione, CoS

"Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..." -Fred and George

"Would you like us to clean out your ears for you?" inquired George, pulling a long and lethal-looking metal instrument from inside one of the Zonko's bags.
"Or any part of your body, really, we're not fussy where we stick this," said Fred.

"I can't see any boils," said Ron, staring at the twins.
"No, well, you wouldn't," said Fred, "they're not in a place we generally display to the public --"
"-- but they make sitting on a broom a right pain in the --"

"You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid - we know we're called Gred and Forge."

"What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"
"Oh no, Ron," came Fred's voice, very sarcastically. "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up."
"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here," said George, whose voice sounded muffled, as though he was squashed against the wall.

(Oh, I love the twins! :wub: :lol: )

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive. Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?" - Draco Malfoy

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
"Don't play," said Hermione at once.
"Say you're ill," said Ron.
"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.
"Really break your leg," said Ron.

"Accio brain!" - Ron, OoTP

"I...must...not...look...like...a...baboon's...backside." - Ron :lol:

"Could've been anything," said Ron. "Maybe he [Tom Riddle] got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a favor..." - Ron, CoS

"Don't cry, Ginny. We'll send you a Hogwarts toilet seat!" - Twins, PS

There's probably more...I could go on, really. But this post can't get any longer :p
wow! those are funny, especially ron's and the twins!! =))

Kasey Carla said:
i got my DH book from my bestie, she gave it to me as a present..lucky me eh? hope you get to read DH soon, its fab!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back