Favorite Lines on HP book or movie

Dumbledore in Prisoner Of Azkaban

"Happiness can be found in the darkness of times,if one remembers to turn on the lights"

and in the Deathly Hallows when Kingsleys Patronus booms "The ministry has fallen, Scrimgeour is dead, they are coming "

Woah thoes lines rock >XO<

Some from Dumbledore:

it is the unknown we fear when we look upon darkness and death nothing more..
-dumbledore from HP HBP

youth cannot know how age thinks and feels but old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young
-dumbledore from HP OOTP

differences of our actions and languages are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open
-dumbledore from HP GOF

the consequences of our actions are always so diverse so complicated that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed..
-dumbledore from HP POA

it is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities
-dumbledore from HP COS

to the well organizes mind, death is but the next adventure.
-dumbledore from HP SS

Dumbledore's line were really awesome! :D

Wow, Dumbledore's lines pwn. Seriously.

I have a thing for Weasley lines, though. They are teh funnah.

"Percy wouldn't know a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cosy."

And various others. I could go up to the fiction section of the library and get the HP books to find non-badly-paraphrased quotes from, but I'm not feeling well. XD.

“For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That’s a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that’s glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it’s safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that’s still likely to be the last thing you ever do.”
Fred Weasley

"You don't want to bottle your anger up like that, Harry, let it all out," said Fred, beaming. "There might be a couple people fifty miles away who didn't hear you."

"Hey, look - Harry's got a Weasley sweater, too!" Fred and George were wearing blue sweaters, one with a large yellow 'F' on it, the other a 'G.'
"Harry's is better than ours, though," said Fred, holding up Harry's sweater. "She obviously makes more of an effort if you're not family."
"Why aren't you wearing yours, Ron?" George demanded. "Come on, get it on, they're lovely and warm."
"I hate maroon," Ron moaned half-heartedly as he pulled it over his head.
"You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid - we know we're called Gred and Forge."

Love the Weasley twins humour/sarcasm. :))

Fred.
That scene was so depressing, except for the fact that it hardly gave you time to be depressed. It was like "wtf, Fred's dead? huhwut?"
The deaths in HP7 were kind of skimmed over a little. Except for Dobby.
It's like "oh, look, Moody's dead, and now Hedwig, oh, and Fred, oh and Remus and Tonks..."

Oops. Apologies to anybody who hasn't read it. Which should be nobody. =P.

I love the comic relief that the twins provided. =D.

Although I love the line where Professor McGonigall (I know I spelt that wrong) was like "is it true you shouted at Professor Umbridge? You called her a liar? You told her that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned?...have a biscuit, Potter."
Just the end of that is so very awesome.

I thought the best thing about that scene was the fact that Harry refused, and she's like: "Don't be ridiculous! I insist!"

The whole scene with career guidance was pretty awesome, too. =D.

I admit they did skim over the deaths, I was so sad when Hedwig, Fred and Tonks died. didn't really care about any of the other deaths.... Dobby would be a slight exception.

Brian Getathorn XIX said:
I admit they did skim over the deaths, I was so sad when Hedwig, Fred and Tonks died. didn't really care about any of the other deaths.... Dobby would be a slight exception.
In other words, you don't care about Fred, Madeye and Snape? :cool:

Ivy Dalebreeze said:
Madeye and Snape, nope! not one bit sad, I've always hated Snape. Reread and you'll see I said I was sad when Fred died.

Ivy Dalebreeze said:
Madeye and Snape, nope! not one bit sad, I've always hated Snape. Reread and you'll see I said I was sad when Fred died.
Ah, I read Fred as Lupin :p

So, you don't care for Lupin? :p

That whooole chapter when you learn about Snapes past in the Deathly Hallows
Oh
My
God
I was in shock
Totally loved that bit

I think one of the funniest parts is in HP5,

when Harry falls asleep in the common room and wakes up to find Dobby dressed in all the clothes Hermione made, and he tells Harry that none of the other Elves will come up to clean anymore! that was sooo hilarious! =)) =)) =))

In the 7 book, I think it starts off slow until Kinglsey says "The ministry has fallen, scrimgeour is dead, they are coming" that for me starts the pace off. :D

Huhwat? Lupin and Tonks died?
Whoah! I'm really excited to read HP book 7
I never thought they would die..
The death of Madeye did not make me so sad, it was a simple death that happen to him (I guess)

"HARRY!!!" as always the line of Hermoine
hahaha..

The 'emotional range of a teaspoon' line makes me LOL so hard. Ah, Ron and Hermione. You two have the best interactions. =D.

I like it when in Hp5 Dumbledore's just about to escape and Fudge and his gang is there and than

"What is that proverb? Come quietly"`dumbledore
Fawkes comes and than
"You migh not like it but Dumbledore's got style"`Kingsly Shacklebolt

I loved to see Fudge's face at that comment!

Ah, there's so many LOL-worthy lines in HP!
I know I should be looking more at the serious stuff...but LOL lines are LOL. =P.

That line was such an awesome comeback.
"Tell them I mean no harm!"
"Sorry Professor, but I must not tell lies." pwn.
Umbridge makes me LOL in general.
*goes to re-read HP books*

There are way too many to mention!
got the collection for my nephew (who is 11) and got a text last night to say he had just finished the DH. so proud of hiim - he loved it!!
and why wouldn't he?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back