Estrella & Kale

"Aww, that would be hilarious!" Estrella laughed. "Remember when she was sitting at the window that one night at your house? I could hear her from inside the house." She imitated Mindy's high pitched voice, " 'Kale and Estrella are SMOOCHING!' " She broke out into a fit of giggles, smiling at Kale.

Kale chuckled, "That was typical Mindy!" he exclaimed laughing. "Your dad was so pissed." Kale pointed his finger at Estrella, scrunched his face and spoke in a deep voice; impersonating Tristan, "One year. One year. One year!" he said comically and stopped, "What was that supposed to mean?" Kale questioned weakly.

Estrella was unable to contain her laughter at Kale's impersonation, falling on the floor and rolling around, clutching her stomach as she attempted to stop a giggling fit of shrieks and cackles. "Hilarious," she breathed quietly, still chuckling as she sat up, grinning maniacally admist small chuckles, looking to Kale, her eyes twinkling.

When she was asked the question, however, her face became drawn, although she was still giggling. "I think he meant that I have one year before they're going to come after me again," she said quietly, unable to get Kale's impersonation of her dad out of her mind.

Kale watched as Estrella rolled on the floor laughing, his mouth gaped open and his brow furrowed, "I wasn't expecting a reaction like that!" he laughed out loud and held his hand out for Estrella to help her up. Kale smiled at her warmly, he loved her laugh.

Kale bit his lip at her response, he didn't know what to say, "Like, kidknap you again? The others too?" he asked concerned.

Estrella hugged Kale tightly as she was pulled up, laughing. She squeezed his hand tightly, then pulled away. "I'm not exactly positive what he meant. You know what's crazy? I'm actually considering sending him a letter, too." Her brow furrowed as she thought about it. "Just so he can clarify what in the heck he was talking about."

Kale held Estrella in her hug, as she pulled away he leaned against the owlery wall and looked up at the moon. Even though Kale wasn't a fan of Tristan, he agreed with Estrella's idea, "Yeah, maybe you should. It would clear some things up. Hopefully." he shrugged, but was still optimistic on the issue. "Hopefully he's all cooled down from that night." Kale laughed, picturing his face when he punched him.

"Maybe when Harper gets back," Estrella said thoughtfully, "Or do you think one of the school owls would be able to find him?" She grinned at Kale's remark. "Yeah, that was scary. I would have fallen on my @ss laughing when you punched him if the situation hadn't been so serious."

"If Dash returns before Harper, you could use him if you like." Kale suggested, "Your dad wouldn't do anything to Dash, would he?" he inquired, with the thoughts about the horrible things Tristan could think up if he knew Dash was his owl. "I caught myself laughing a few times.." Kale admitted with a laugh, "He was really pissed.."

"Why would he hurt an owl? He wouldn't have any reason to." She smiled weakly. "Of course, I would never mention that he's yours."

"Well, the past two incidents when I've had the...honor of being in his prescene, your father has been quite...'unpredictable'." Kale replied with a 'matter-of-fact' like tone. "Just know, that if you need Dash, feel free to use him." he said with a smile and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"The honor," Estrella laughed, shaking her head and giggling. "Same to you, Kale," returning the kiss and saying, "I mean with Harper. You can use her anytime you want too."

"Thanks, Estrella" he said with a smile. "Do you think he'll try to pull a quick one on winter break? Or is he one to keep his word?" Kale inquired, he knew that he was asking a lot of questions and hoped that Estrella wasn't getting annoyed by him doing so.

Estrella smiled at Kale. She didn't like the topic of a conversation being her all the time, but on the other hand, coming from Kale, it was nice, having someone there to discuss her problems. "No; he's not going to do that again. I don't think he was lying to me, and on the other hand, it would be way too risky for him." She sighed. "Man, I wish I could have been born into a family like yours."

Kale's smile had gone weak at Estrella's statement. He knew that she didn't really have a homelife as good as he did, Kale was speechless for a moment and looked her in the eye, "Why?" he inquired, the answer obvious but he still wanted her view on it.

"It's just, I think it'd be so much easier if I had had a normal family life. Getting thrown around isn't all that fun." She smiled weakly, "But I don't want to be complaining, either."

"Thrown around?" Kale repeated in a questioning tone; his face darkened. "No, Estrella, you're not complaining." he said, his expression weak.

"I didn't mean it like that," Estrella said quietly, "I meant being tossed to and fro between different guardians. First my parents, then Carlisle, then my Dad, and now someone I don't even know." She felt entirely too pessimistic, however, and hugged Kale tightly. "But life is life, and I guess that's what I got," she said, "And I have you. Which is better than anything."

Kale hugged Estrella back, that's all he could really do at the moment. Everything was out of his control and there was nothing he could really do about it because everything was way out of his control. "I'm so sorry.." Kale said quietly, his face absent of emotion. He hugged her back tighter, he was just happy to have Estrella.

"You don't need to feel sorry for anything," Estrella said, smiling, playing with Kale's hair. "I just don't want to be miss gloom and doom all of the time."

"I think you're one of the most emotionally stable people I know, even with the 'colorful' kind of 'history' you have." Kale stated, close to smiling. Since she didn't seem upset about the issue, he knew that it would be a waste of his if he were to feel pessmistic about it. Kale cupped Estrella's face with his hands and kissed her, following after with wrapping his arms around her in a warm hug. He looked out, the stars littered the sky, the glow of the moon was luminating the trees and lake from afar; it was peaceful and quiet up in the owlery.

Estrella kissed Kale back with fervor, embracing him tightly as they both looked out the window. The star littered sky was definitely beautiful. "It's so quiet up here," she commented, reflecting her thoughts.

"It's even more beautiful up here." Kale said with a cheese ball smile, looking directly at Estrella.

"Well, I would say that it's handsome up here, but that would sound out of context!" Estrella laughed. "But really, that's sweet." She leaned forward, kissing him fully on the lips and holding him tightly.

((aargh, gotta go, I should be on later tonight :D ))

Kale smiled widely, "Well, that's me!" he said goofily. Kale returned Estrella's kiss lightly and pulled back, returning back to reality he hastily looked down at his wrist watch while his arms were still wrapped around. "Merlin, it's getting late.." Kale sighed, not wanting to leave the tower just yet.

"That's too bad," Estrella said, her expression somber, faltering a little bit. As a prefect of course, she believed that she could be in the halls later, but Kale could not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back