Estrella & Kale

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Kale walked up the steps that led to the owlery, fingers laced with Estrellas. The view from up in the tower was spectacular and the moon was full and bright with stars littering every inch of the sky. Kale sighed and took it all in. The hoots from the owls coos were silent, he looked around at the feathered animals perched up high on their stands. "Wow, the sky looks awesome." he exclaimed while looking for Dash. At the sight of Dash, his snowy owl he smiled, "Hey Dash" he said and quickly almost blushed, I'm talking to an animal...she must think I'm a freak. he thought to himself and laughed.

"He's quite a handsome owl," Estrella commented, looking for Harper's heart shaped face among the barn owls. "Ah, there you are!" she cooed, and Harper swooped down to her, looking for a treat. "Kale, Harper, Harper, Kale," she said repeatedly, introducing the two to each other.

She gave Harper a treat, smiling at Kale as she stroked her feathers. "You haven't sent a letter to anyone in a long time, have you?" She grinned, thinking that she must look insane for talking to animals.

((I'm gonna leave soon :( ))

Kale laughed as Estrella introduced him to her owl, "Howdy Harper" he saluted the owl goofily. He picked Dash up, his sharp talons nearly piericing his skin, "Estrella, Dash, Dash, Estrella." Kale repeated like Estrella. "I like Harpers colors." he nodded while taking a better look at him while still petting Dash behind the neck. Dash gave Kale a affectionate nibble to his finger as he pet him, he smiled down at him. Kale enjoyed animals a lot and liked that Estrella seemed to enjoy their compamy as well, "Ya know...I just adopted a milk snake from Magical Mengenarie(sp), his name is Talyn. He's awesome!" he exclaimed laughing.

((Harper's a girl. =)) ))

"I love how white Dash's feathers are," Estrella replied, tentatively stroking the snowy owls feathers, keeping her hand far from his beak. She was not an animal person, and wasn't a fan of getting bit by them either.

"A snake?" she said, grinning. "I'm not an animal fan, but I love snakes. Most girls are scared of them, I'm not." She grinned. "What color is Talyn?"

:)o Opps!)

Kale set Dash back down on his perch and smiled, "Talyn is red, black and yellow." he replied to her question. "That's awesome, most girls are afraid of them.." Kale agreed, "But you're different" he grinned goofily at her and pet Dash's head. "The next time I see you, I'll bring Talyn with me so you can see him." Kale said with a smile.

"That would be amazing! Snakes are awesome," Estrella said, stroking Harper's feathers. "I'm considering whether to send a letter. Maybe to Liz or Carlisle?" She was in deep thought for a moment. She had not spoken to either for a very long time.

Kale widened his eyes, he had almost forgotten completely about Liz. "Wow, where is Liz now?" he inquired, cocking his head back. "I seriously haven't heard from her in ages." Kale stated and smiled at Estrella, "I think you should write to both of them."

"I haven't heard from her either," Estrella said, biting her lip. "To tell you the truth, I really have no idea where she is." She was starting to worry herself; she hadn't really given any thought to it before.

Kale gave Estrella a concerned look and brought it back into a grin. "I bet she's okay. Liz is a clever one." he stated trying to be reassuring. "You should really write to her to see what's up though.." Kale said with a smile and looked over to Dash, who let out a squack like hooted quite loudly because he stopped stroking his back. "Geeze.." he laughed and continued to pet him once more.

"He's a real sucker for attention, isn't he?" Estrella laughed as she handed Harper an owl treat. "Harper's just like that too; except you are Little Miss Attitude, aren't you girl?" Estrella howled in laughter as Harper gave a hoot of recognition, as if to say, Damn straight.

Estrella Drage said:
Harper gave a hoot of recognition, as if to say, Damn straight.
(Bahahah :lol: )

"Our owls are hams for attention." Kale said while taking a look at them both. He then laughed as she questioned Harper and she responded with a hoot, "That's great!" Kale laughed goofily with a smile to match.

"Oh, you should see her when she gets ignored. She likes to bite." Estrella winced as she looked at Harper's sharp beak. "But on the other hand, I couldn't ask for a better owl." She smiled at Kale, stroking Harper's feathers in meditation.

"I could only imagine!" Kale laughed thinking about how Harper would react if she was ignored. "Oh, crap! I almost forgot.." he said quietly while digging deep into his coat pocket. "Here Dash." Kale held out an owl treat for Dash and he quickly gobbled it down in one bite. Looking over at Estrella he smiled, "So do you thihnk you'll write to Carlisle to check up on how he is doing?" Kale asked casually.

Estrella sighed. "I suppose I should." Moving over to the battered old desk she grabbed a spare quill and a piece of parchment. She stood for a moment, wondering what to write to Carlisle. She hadn't written to him in the longest time, and with a sigh she started to write the letter.
Carlisle,
We haven't talked in a while.  How are you holding up?  Do you have enough wolfsbane left?
Estrella

She looked at the letter. She didn't particularly feel like writing him a long one at the moment, as she was still mad at him. Sealing the letter in a spare envelope, she gave it to Harper, saying, "To Carlisle." She watched Harper as she gave a hoot, swooping out of the window.

Estrella smiled weakly. "I think she's happy that she could get out for once."

"That was the right thing to do." Kale smiled at Estrella and wrapped her in a hug. "He probably just thinks that you're still upset with him, so he might have just been afraid to write you first." he said with a weak smile, in hopes that she understood what he was saying. Kale knew that Estrella didn't have the best feelings towards her uncle at the moment, but knew that ignoring him completely wasn't healthy for her.

Estrella hugged Kale back tightly. "I understand. I hold grudges for quite a long time; that's one of my faults." She grinned weakly, kissing him on the cheek playfully.

"A flaw or 'fault' for me.." Kale thought out loud and scratched his chin comically. "I'm very stubburn." he said with a laugh. "Well, everyone has their faults and no ones perfect. But you're pretty damn close!" Kale exclaimed playfully to her and kissed her back.

"How sweet," Estrella laughed, hugging him back tightly. "But really, I'm not that perfect. But no one is, so what the heck?"

Kale smiled and laughed goofily, "You're...perfectly unperfect!" he exclaimed, thinking for a moment and shook his head, "Does that even make sense?" Kale questioned jokingly with a laugh.

"Somewhat," Estrella laughed, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Hey, I almost forgot. We still have to send a letter to Mindy, don't we?" She laughed, thinking that the five year old must be dying to get a letter from her older brother and herself.

Kale laughed, "You're right!" he said almost laughing. "I think once she recieves the letter she'll go crazy!" Kale exclaimed, as he walked over to the rickety old desk and stood over it. He removed a piece of folded parchment out of his coat pocket, "You can't ever have too much of this stuff." Kale laughed quietly and flatened it out. "Hmmm...any ideas on what to write?" he inquired, while biting the top of his quill. "Since you are her favorite person and all." Kale said jokingly with a silly face.

Estrella laughed. "Oh, I think her big brother is her favorite person in the world." She grinned, looking to the blank parchment. "Er, ask her how she's doing? I'm never good at this."

"'How are you doing' is always a good start." Kale agreed while scribbling on the piece of parchment, his writing wasn't very neat but it was still readable.
Mindy,
Greeting from Hogwarts New Zealand! If you haven't noticed already, this is Kale and Estrella. We've promised that we'd write to you, and right now is the time! How have you been, Mindy? Is Tarren still picking on you?
<i>
</i>[/font]
Kale laughed as he wrote about Tarren, because he knew that he always kept to himself.
What's new in the world of Mindy?
<i>
</i>[/font]
He looked up from the piece of parchment and to Estrella, "Is there anything you would like to add?" Kale inquired, he was never good at writing long letters unless if there was an actual purpose of it.

"Sure," Estrella laughed, taking the quill and making an add on to the letter.
Heyah Mindy!  This is Estrella.  How are things holding up at home?  School is pretty fun, although the classes can get hard sometimes.

She looked up to Kale, then added mischeviously,
Is purple still your favorite color?

She grinned, looking to Kale. "Now we're gonna get her going."

Kale read as she wrote, "No more purple!" he exclaimed laughing, "Now the letter is going to be three pages!" Kale grabbed the parchment and added,
Mindy,
Greeting from Hogwarts New Zealand! If you haven't noticed already, this is Kale and Estrella. We've promised that we'd write to you, and right now is the time! How have you been, Mindy? Is Tarren still picking on you? What's new in the world of Mindy?

Heyah Mindy!  This is Estrella.  How are things holding up at home?  School is pretty fun, although the classes can get hard sometimes. Is purple still your favorite color?

We hope all is well and to hear from you soon!
-Kale & Estrella
The changes of their writing styles was dramatic, and he laughed at the differences on the paper. Kale folded the parchment and placed it into an envelope. Walking over to Dash, he strapped it around this leg. "This is to go back home to Mindy." he told Dash. At that, Dash swooped into the sky, hooting loudly. "I wouldn't be surprised if she was waiting at the window for her letter." Kale laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back